MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 02:42:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from sna78:
"Pain is temporary, height is forever!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2010 - Rise of Halo in Beijing  (Read 71150 times)
chlor
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #220 on: July 17, 2011, 10:10:21 PM »

bashful,

How is your left leg and the hip swagger that was troubling you?  How many months into post frame removal are you now and how many CMs did you lengthen?  Sorry if this intrudes on your privacy, just wanted to know how you're doing.

Thanks
silverspoon7
« Reply #221 on: August 07, 2011, 01:36:42 AM »

Halo: Hi! I hope all is doing well and your progress continues Smiley I was wondering if you could post pics up of what your room looks like, your legs, and the center? I'm a bit concerned about the way the center looks and maybe not up to my standards, lol but i'd like to see where i am going to be living for 5 months ... Anyways, i'd really appreciate it ;Smiley)

all the best,
silverspoon
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #222 on: August 07, 2011, 04:29:00 AM »

Halo: Hi! I hope all is doing well and your progress continues Smiley I was wondering if you could post pics up of what your room looks like, your legs, and the center? I'm a bit concerned about the way the center looks and maybe not up to my standards, lol but i'd like to see where i am going to be living for 5 months ... Anyways, i'd really appreciate it ;Smiley)

all the best,
silverspoon

Hi Silverspoon,

Sorry I decided long ago to take down my photos (I hope you will respect my privacy on that issue). The doctors and staff were friendly and based on the price i was paying, it was up to my standards. With that said, they do have a much better wing for the foreign patients and I believe they were upgrading when I was there. Over all, the practice of medicine is much different in China then it is in USA. If you are concerned about the standards, Europe might be a better option.

Halo
Neil
MMT Member

Credibility 1

going for the gold (5x),silver(4x), or bronze(3x)

« Reply #223 on: October 21, 2011, 12:32:54 AM »

Hi Halo, great job on achieving the 8+ and keeping us posted on your journey.  I myself am trying to decide between the LON method or ilizarov method.  My main concern is the actual bone growth.  On many of the x-rays of patients using the ilizarov method did not always look straight.  People would comment on good bone growth, but to me it bones always looked a little bent/crooked/ uneven size.  How would you describe your own bone growth and look? Does it seem to look better than others that used the ilizarov method? Thanks and again great info. 

Neil
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #224 on: October 21, 2011, 02:20:32 AM »

Neil,

It is hard to compare mine with others, especially since I have not been there for a while now. But I can comment on my well being. I am very (emotionally) happy with my appearance. I don't even think about my surgery or LL experience anymore, It is almost behind me now. I see my legs, and it looks good and symmetrical. That is best subjective answer I can give.

I hope that helps.
Halo

Halo
Roc
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 107

« Reply #225 on: October 21, 2011, 08:03:13 AM »

Halo,

Hey, just wanted to thank you for your informative and inspirational diary. I was one of the people who's posted on your wall a long time ago and now I'm happy to say im currently in Beijing 3cm in  Grin

With regards to the patients who's had to come back for corrective surgery, wow, that scared me. Any tips to avoid that? What do you think might've caused it (given you didnt have a problem with anything related to that)?

Thanks again and best wishes on your new height Wink
Neil
MMT Member

Credibility 1

going for the gold (5x),silver(4x), or bronze(3x)

« Reply #226 on: October 21, 2011, 01:34:01 PM »

Hey Halo,
       that is helpful.  I'm glad things worked out for you and that you are happy with the changes.  Maybe I'm just a little paranoid or something.  thanks. 

Neil
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #227 on: October 26, 2011, 03:13:07 AM »

Hi Roc,

My recommendation is to just take it easy after for the first 3 months after the frames come off. If i remember correctly, the patient had gone dancing that put enormous pressure on his fragile legs. You have to allow healing time. It sounds common sense but you would be surprised how stupid patients can be.

"take it easy"
Halo

Halo
Roc
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 107

« Reply #228 on: January 05, 2012, 10:25:11 AM »

Hi Roc,

My recommendation is to just take it easy after for the first 3 months after the frames come off. If i remember correctly, the patient had gone dancing that put enormous pressure on his fragile legs. You have to allow healing time. It sounds common sense but you would be surprised how stupid patients can be.

"take it easy"
Halo

Thanks, really, I'm almost done now, just consolidating... and your journey has been one of the most inspirational for me.

Thanks again halo Smiley
Gregory
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #229 on: March 05, 2012, 05:06:15 AM »

Hey Halo first I just wanted to ask how are you doing in regards to mobility... are you able to squat down completely? are you able to walk 100% in a normal form? have you taken any x-rays lately and is so are your legs looking good? are you going to remove your rods any time soon?

Also regarding people you have met at the hospital, and that you have kept in touch, have you heard about them having any complications post-2nd op?

Hope all is well Halo.
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #230 on: March 10, 2012, 02:46:45 PM »

Hi Gregulle,

Answer to your question's: Mobility - Very good. Squat - not fully down because I don't attempt it. Normal Walk - Yes. X-Rays - Yes. Legs looking good - Yes. Rods removal - Yes soon, I have been busy with work. I need schedule some time off and vacation together. Probably have the rods removed 6 months from now.

Yes, I keep in touch with few individuals from the hospital. I will not talk about there status as they have as it is spoken to me in confidence. They may decided to post there status in their own thread.

Thanks,
Halo

Halo
Joe2000
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #231 on: March 11, 2012, 10:13:39 PM »

Could you then post some photos of your legs, because noone with 8 cm on tibias did it before. ?
Gregory
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #232 on: April 12, 2012, 05:43:22 AM »

Hi Gregulle,

Answer to your question's: Mobility - Very good. Squat - not fully down because I don't attempt it. Normal Walk - Yes. X-Rays - Yes. Legs looking good - Yes. Rods removal - Yes soon, I have been busy with work. I need schedule some time off and vacation together. Probably have the rods removed 6 months from now.

Yes, I keep in touch with few individuals from the hospital. I will not talk about there status as they have as it is spoken to me in confidence. They may decided to post there status in their own thread.

Thanks,
Halo

Hey Halo, hope all is well. I guess I am left to wonder why you don't attempt squatting after such a long time post surgery? I have read through the doctors' post-lengthening directions and they mention nothing about squatting or not squatting. Did your duty doctor mention something to you? Just wondering...

Cheers! 
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #233 on: January 11, 2013, 04:05:03 AM »

Entry “Last Leg” – Abridged

The winter in Beijing is fairly cold, quite unexpected.
I had my rods removed on the 4th started to walk on 6th with minor discomfort. Everything is going smoothly; Flying out soon.

----------------------------------------------
My last “leg” of this chapter is complete and the “Rise of Halo” is coming to an end.
----------------------------------------------

Expectation: Surprise, Surprise. Few patients that I have come across have unrealistic expectations about walking. A good reminder is if you lengthen 6 cm then it will probably take 6 months after frame removal to walk normally. AND if you lay in bed fearing pin loss the last month, then tack on few more months to that. It’s simple and effective gauge. If you work hard before the frames came off, then it will pay off after.

Food: Hmm, it is bearable. You get what you paid for, read this statement as you wish.

Price: it’s not the states or Europe. Keep telling yourself you are saving money. That will make you feel a lot better. I realize new patients are paying more, but that is the natural order of things when you consider inflation.
Time management: you are going to be a here for a long time, bring something to do, it will get boring really quickly!

Language: there is a big language barrier, learn Chinese!

Pain: Depends on you. You have pain in one form or another. LL is not for the light of heart. Be very careful before you commit. There are drugs available, once again, be mature and understand what you are getting into.

Bottom line: You will all be happy with your new found height. I have not met a single patient that wasn’t happy with their new height. Keep realist expectation about walking.

Take care,

Halo "out"

Halo
Red321
MMT Member

Credibility 10

Honesty is my only policy

« Reply #234 on: January 11, 2013, 04:23:52 AM »

Dude you should right a life after LL

Height: 170
Wingspan: 179
Weight:150 LBS/68 KG

I NEVER SAVED ANYTHING FOR THE SWIM BACK
roadwarrior
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #235 on: January 13, 2013, 08:55:35 AM »

Great to hear you're well and walking!
Where in CA? I'm in LA.

Starting height:172.7 cm
Goal: 185.5 cm
“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
Bonbelle
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #236 on: January 21, 2013, 10:37:11 AM »

Congratulations Halo!
Now your LL journey is complete.   Thanks for sharing your whole experience and insight with us, I really enjoyed reading your diary!  :)
Lex
MMT Contributor

Credibility 5

« Reply #237 on: September 10, 2013, 03:13:32 PM »

Hey ...Halo, I hope you are doing well. Can you please give us all an update..  God bless  Wink
Syrian
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #238 on: January 09, 2014, 02:34:18 AM »

congrats man it was a pleasure   Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.