MMT Community
February 23, 2019, 11:25:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tough love is the best love for people considering Leg Lengthening - the truth hurts, but it's important to be realistic Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jay7 - Internal Femurs - Dr. Guichet - 2010 - Quest for 7cm and a Learning Experience  (Read 96791 times)
coffee15
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #240 on: May 17, 2011, 12:12:57 AM »

Hey Guys,

Im gonna be there this summer for lengthening, do you guys know how feasible it is to do work/school while lengthening? Am I delusional?

I have a strong presurgery strength but bad flexibility.  Ive been trying as much as possible but its been a tough going in that regard.  Not terribly good at stretching. . . .

thank you,

Coffee

BME extraordinaire
david_uk
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #241 on: May 17, 2011, 04:05:41 AM »

I think realistically speaking, the maximum you could do is 3-4 hours of work or other brain intensive activities. That's what the LL veterans are saying. However, it all depends how things go and if it doesn't go too well and you are in a lot of pain, work will the last thing on your mind. So my opinion is from 0 to max. 4 hours per day.

Obviously, LL veterans could give a better view on that.
Apotheosis
International Underwear Model :P
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #242 on: May 17, 2011, 10:14:34 AM »

Coffee15,

In my experience, Dr. Guichet won't let you lengthen if you have bad flexibility. He makes you do a stretching program before the surgery so you are limber enough to lengthen more easily.

I worked on my laptop for hours in the hospital immediately after my surgery, and was working full days within two weeks of the operation. Every day was different in regards to how much I could work. Some days the pain killers are not enough and the pain gets in the way of your mental ability to focus. Other days, the pain killers make your mind swim because you are masking the pain by being high on them. This was definitely more the case when I went on Percocet later in my lengthening. Earlier in my lengthening when I was on Tramal I sometimes felt like it wasn't doing anything at all, but it was often easier to focus on working even with a little bit of pain.

If your job requires you to do anything physical other than sit at a desk, then you can forget about working while lengthening.

Apotheosis

My personal apotheosis to the very best me I can be. Starting height: 171 cm. 9.5+ cm added to femurs. 10.5+ cm added to tibias. Final Height: 189.5 cm +/-

My femur diary: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,3530.0.html
My tibia diary: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,4202.0.h
david_uk
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #243 on: May 17, 2011, 03:28:20 PM »

Thanks for your input Apothesis. It's just shows how different people have different experience with the LL. Some guys I spoke to are saying that they couldn't even think about work during the LL.

Apotheosis
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #244 on: May 17, 2011, 09:34:25 PM »

David_Uk,

I completely understand that some people can't conceive of working while doing their lengthening. I definitely had a number of days where I called in sick and stayed in bed all day because I was feeling so awful.

A counterpoint to this is the fact that a lot of people doing their lengthening away from home complain about the mind numbing boredom as another obstacle that must be overcome. I found that if I applied my mind to a task, even if I was in pain or a little high on pain killers, it helped me get my mind off of LL. I can't say that I produced my best work when I was in this state, but it was important for my sanity to be using my mind for something other than thinking about the pain, or clicking, or how I was going to sleep that night. I needed that diversion to help me survive the mental part of the LL battle.

Apotheosis

My personal apotheosis to the very best me I can be. Starting height: 171 cm. 9.5+ cm added to femurs. 10.5+ cm added to tibias. Final Height: 189.5 cm +/-

david_uk
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #245 on: May 17, 2011, 11:19:54 PM »

Apotheosis,

could you also tell us from your experience how many people you know that were able to work during the LL against the number of people who didn't. What I'm getting at is if on average, you are an exception that you were able to work or majority of people can do it if they wanted to.

David
Apotheosis
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #246 on: May 18, 2011, 12:23:13 AM »

David_Uk,

It is advised by most LL doctors that your primary focus during lengthening be your physical therapy and your healing. That being said, there are a lot of hours in the day, and I would have gone insane if I had spent my four months of lengthening not working. My doctor did not tell me not to work. He was much more concerned with how soon after my surgery I returned home to lengthen.

I have only known a handful of people who have worked while lengthening, and many times more people who have not worked. I think a lot of those people who did not work while lengthening could have done so if they had chosen to. I think it is a more a question of necessity than anything else. I've also found that most of the people who worked while lengthening were lengthening with internal rods and had higher paying jobs where the fact that they could work while lengthening made LL less expensive on a net basis since they were not away from work for 6-8 months, even though they paid significantly more for the surgery and internal rods.

It's a personal decision each LL patient has to make, with the advise of their doctor as a big part of it.

Apotheosis

jay7
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 64

« Reply #247 on: August 24, 2012, 08:17:29 PM »

Hey all! I just wanted to update my diary and continue writing about my experience!

Well, sorry for not showing up here such a long time! I basically post LL have simply no more real interest to exchange about the topic. I think that is somehow understandable... On the other hand, Dr. Guichet asked me 5 times now to write a final essay about my post-LL experience and I think - given the fact that I owe this forum something (who knows if I would ever have done LL with Guichet if I would not have found this forum) - I can also post this essay here.

So I will write it now (for Dr. Guichet) and post it here thereafter...

Cheers from Marseille, a couple of days after getting the nails out.
Jay
around7
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 16

« Reply #248 on: August 24, 2012, 10:37:04 PM »

Hey all! I just wanted to update my diary and continue writing about my experience!

Well, sorry for not showing up here such a long time! I basically post LL have simply no more real interest to exchange about the topic. I think that is somehow understandable... On the other hand, Dr. Guichet asked me 5 times now to write a final essay about my post-LL experience and I think - given the fact that I owe this forum something (who knows if I would ever have done LL with Guichet if I would not have found this forum) - I can also post this essay here.

Jay
Hey man, nice to hear from you. I can say my LL experience happened almost 100% because of your diary, as a motivation factor.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:57:05 PM by around7 » Logged
nsd_second
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #249 on: August 24, 2012, 11:14:33 PM »

Hi jay7, glad to hear that you want to give a proper finish to this great diary.

I would be very happy if you could write a little about these subjects:
1. Your physical function today, including sports, and the different stages of your recovery since you finished lengthening (how much time it took you to recover different functions)
2. Are you eventually happy with how your femurs look now that they are longer? Do you feel now that having longer femurs have any kind of a negative consequence aesthetically or in terms of function?
3. Would you have lengthened less/more if you could?
4. Do you suffer from any kind of pain or discomfort today?
5. And most importantly, how LL changed your life and in what aspects. Was it eventually worth it?

Looking forward to hear from you
devon
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #250 on: August 24, 2012, 11:20:23 PM »

Jay7, I eagerly await an update!!!
Transformer
MMT Contributor

Credibility 9

« Reply #251 on: August 25, 2012, 03:49:22 PM »

Jay7

Looking forward to your update. I must say I enjoyed reading your journey, the ups and downs and the incident at the end which I hope turned out for the best. I'm guessing thats what put an abrupt end to your updates and only recently decided to update with Dr Guichet's encouragement. I plan on making a visit to Guichet this winter and in the mean time any complete diary (there's not many diaries with Guichet) would be a great benefit.

Transformer
adidas2011
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #252 on: August 25, 2012, 04:34:31 PM »

Jay

Yes. I agreed with Around7. Your dairy has been a source of inspiration for me. Might not have done it without yours and jamie's guide. Time flies, you have taken your nails out already.. wow..It is really incredible to be able to have what you never had by doing what you never did. I even entertain the thoughts of tibia now that more than a year has passed. Smiley

keep going
duncangunit
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #253 on: August 29, 2012, 05:53:49 PM »

Hi Jay7,

I called Dr. Guichet a couple days ago regarding consultations around Sept 2, and he told me to go to Milano as he is now based in Italy. Is he flying to Marseille just to see you?

Thanks!
liuxialai
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #254 on: August 30, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »

Jay
Fantastica. Thank you very much. Hope to see your essay very soon because I am now interested in heading to France to do the operation too.
Europa
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #255 on: September 10, 2012, 10:32:59 PM »

Up for this subject.

As I consider Guichet as well, I'm quite curious what would be your conclusion to this adventure.
pascha
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #256 on: October 08, 2012, 12:24:09 PM »

Jay

Looking forward to reading the closing arguments of a veteran, and truly an inspiration to so many.

Pascha
nsd_second
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #257 on: October 09, 2012, 02:20:43 PM »

It's been quite a while... Hopefully he will still write.
kusop
MMT Contributor

Credibility -132

« Reply #258 on: October 09, 2012, 07:38:14 PM »

maybe dr.Guichet beat him and made him silent?  Grin
Kidrobot
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #259 on: October 10, 2012, 04:29:37 AM »

...and another mysterious disappearance...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.