MMT Community
October 23, 2017, 10:29:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is the leading site for the discussion of Leg Lengthening on the Internet. Join now - the more contribute, the more you will benefit from being part of our community. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: x10 - External Humerus - Dr. Dror Paley - 2010 - My Arm Lengthening Experience  (Read 121223 times)
Mr.Afzayesh
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2011, 10:57:42 AM »

Thank you Dear X10
somebody in my blog asked me about arm lengthening and I told him to read your diary, but he didn't know English and I read some and translate it for him. it's the only experience about arm lengthening here.
I wish you the best
cheers Smiley

Mr.A  Cool
x10
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2011, 05:35:34 PM »

You're most welcome. I hope your friend will benefit from my humerus lengthening experience.

The best way to predict the future is to create it. . .

My AL experience : http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,3332.0.html
hemiatrofie
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2011, 07:32:41 PM »

Hell how could you last so long with such a big differnce on arm ?
Thanx for your story.
x10
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 02:33:51 AM »

Hell how could you last so long with such a big differnce on arm ?
Thanx for your story.

For me,  It was annoying but not an obstacle at all

PerfectBreak
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 07:51:40 AM »

Who did you see, how painful was it, how long did it take? Smiley
x10
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 09:55:31 PM »

Who did you see, how painful was it, how long did it take? Smiley

Please spend some time and read my posts.

PerfectBreak
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 10:18:15 PM »

So sorry didn't realize there were two pages Wink
thatdude
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012, 07:13:10 PM »

Did you go to the gym or anything like that prior? Did you notice (besides being weaker, of course) unnatural strains or other that you had never felt prior-- did it go away?

Also, would you be able to post a picture of the scarring that has since taken place?
x10
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012, 08:20:55 PM »

Did you go to the gym or anything like that prior? Did you notice (besides being weaker, of course) unnatural strains or other that you had never felt prior-- did it go away?

Also, would you be able to post a picture of the scarring that has since taken place?

I wasn't so disciplined about going to the gym prior to the surgery. From watching other ppl, I came to a conclusion that if I build some muscles I'll look shorter. However, I was allowed to go to the gym 9 months after the initial surgery date. Usually, add two months after removal of fixator.

From my experience and also Dr.Paley's observation, you need 1month for each 1cm you lengthen. Thus, you can go fast by lengthening 1 mm a day or go slow to 0.7 mm a day but you in general need 1 mo for each 1 cm. Thus, go slow and don't' rush your body. By going slow, mostly I wasn't feeling pain nor strain afterward. Some area in stretching my arm is still little bit tight and that's normal. Just keep stretching. Finally, my Arm is not weak by all means. I'm doing same normal things as before surgery. The muscles definition looks amazing at the moment with stretched muscles.  

Scars 14 moths later ( with almost daily oil therapy care)

Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2012, 06:43:13 PM »

Wow your scar looks like it was from a minor cut! I have worse scars from getting hit with a paintball at point blank! (It was on my butt lol)

Do you think it would be too much to get a zoomed OUT view of your arm? You could easily keep your identity hidden. I just want to see the whole of your arm and how this surgery has affected it. Thank you so much, your diary is great!

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
x10
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2012, 12:15:47 AM »

@Arche

The scars are very noticeable however, the appearance has improved and will improve with time.  The is the best shot I can provide. I hope it helps.

x10

GROWtallORdieTRYING
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2012, 08:21:53 AM »

it would be nice if you could post a photo. Smiley showing the scars
GROWtallORdieTRYING
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2012, 08:23:37 AM »

sory for being ambiguius, meant a photo zoomed out showing the whole arm showing the scars.
x10
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2012, 06:40:33 AM »

sory for being ambiguius, meant a photo zoomed out showing the whole arm showing the scars.

As I said, this the best shot I can provide. I hope it helped along with the accompanying wording. Good luck

Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2012, 09:00:35 AM »

Hey man thanks anyways.

But here's the thing: would you ever get arm surgery voluntarily? For example, if you lengthened your legs too much from surgery would you get your arms lengthened to compensate? There are a lot of people on this forum now getting 10+ cm of total lengthening, and I just wanted to know your view on this. Also, is your arm back to normal strength? Can you do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEwKCR5JCog

Thank you for helping out.

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
x10
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2012, 10:35:30 PM »

Hey man thanks anyways.

But here's the thing: would you ever get arm surgery voluntarily? For example, if you lengthened your legs too much from surgery would you get your arms lengthened to compensate? There are a lot of people on this forum now getting 10+ cm of total lengthening, and I just wanted to know your view on this. Also, is your arm back to normal strength? Can you do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEwKCR5JCog

Thank you for helping out.

Well, I'd do it if the surgery is absolutely necessary due to proportion issue. The only things that would make the decision a difficult one are two things: 1. who is the surgeon 2.  living with two external fixators. However, I think in the near future, AL would be a very easy job with internal nails. This step would make a huge difference for people to consider. I also think it can be done nowadays but many surgeons are not interested or challenged enough to tap into this area of cosmetic surgeries. 

with regard to arm strength, I'm 100% back to pre-surgery strength. nothing lost in the process  Wink

Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2012, 06:08:53 AM »

^Hey thank you so much man. Your support is vital to this forum.

SpaniardManlet
MMT Member

Credibility 0

Actual height = 165cm (5'5'')

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2012, 08:11:47 AM »

Well, I'd do it if the surgery is absolutely necessary due to proportion issue. The only things that would make the decision a difficult one are two things: 1. who is the surgeon 2.  living with two external fixators. However, I think in the near future, AL would be a very easy job with internal nails. This step would make a huge difference for people to consider. I also think it can be done nowadays but many surgeons are not interested or challenged enough to tap into this area of cosmetic surgeries. 

with regard to arm strength, I'm 100% back to pre-surgery strength. nothing lost in the process  Wink

wow! a complete 100% strength? that's awesome! so, you reckon that someone could do boxing without problems after AL?
thanks for your diary is very helpfull  Smiley

Fight for your dreams as hard as you can. You will not have another chance.
x10
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2012, 12:35:38 AM »

Just to add some perspectives.

I wasn't boxing prior to the surgery nor doing any bodybuilding stuff. Thus, I answered based on my own feeling and judgment to where i stand after lengthening less than 8 cm. Dr. Paley told me that he can clear me to start bodybuilding 2-months after removing the fixator. Remember that the fixator stayed for almost 7-months attached to my arm. The longer you lengthen, the longer the period needed for full consolidation. Dr. Paley rule of thumb is 1-month for each 1cm you lengthen.

To be more specific on the 100 % strength claim; 10 push ups before the surgery == 10 push ups after recovery. 

Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2012, 01:28:06 AM »

Good stuff thanks for sharing your experience and information with us.

171.5cm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.