MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 02:12:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tombiezombie - External Femurs - Dr. Xia - 2010 - The zombie has landed!  (Read 27149 times)
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2011, 05:00:37 PM »

Hey Zombie !!!

Its been too long; how is your recovery going on Huh?

Hope you are doing well.....

Please update if you are still coming to site.

Thanks
Crazy+6

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
tarnor
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 75

Hi from Beijing

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2011, 03:19:48 PM »

He left hospital some time ago. I miss him a lot since we became good friends.
As far as I know, at the moment he is doing good, and his rehabilitation is ok.
tombiezombie
LL Warrior
MMT Member

Credibility 11

Driven to distraction

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2011, 09:59:36 AM »

Diary 4th May.

Hey all MMTers.

Firstly, apologies for such a big gap since the last post. After leaving hospital I kinda lost my motivation to complete the diary as I had loads going on back home and the op. was quickly forgotten. Well I should start by saying that my legs feel good. I'm now 4 and 1/2 months post frame-removal and have put a lot of weight back on, particularly on my thighs which were way too skinny during my hospital stay. I try to walk and stretch every day, my left leg can now bend to just over 90 degrees and the right one to around 80 so it has been a slow process. When I think back to January I could only manage 45 on the left and 30ish on the right so the increase in movement means I can do most things now without too much trouble. Coming down stairs is still a challenge and I tend to do baby steps still, I think this should improve soon though as my knees are still getting stronger and I can see an improvement week on week which is reassuring.

I am abroad until the autumn and to be honest I have been in hiding since I got home. The way I was walking would have prompted all sorts of questions from people so I decided to hide for a few months until going to Spain for the summer. Thankfully my walking has improved loads due to my increased range of movement in my knees. As I'm not at home I won't be getting any x-rays until November when I get back so I can't say how my bone growth is doing. Ideally I would like to have the rods removed early in 2012 as I don't like the idea of the them staying in for too long, this will depend on how my bone has consolidated though and the docs will tell me when I can have the op. once they are satisfied with my x-rays.

I reckon it should take me until the end of the year to get fully fit and I quickly realised after getting home that just walking doesn't help my knees improve much and that stretching exercises are more beneficial. Also I'm still limiting my walking as I don't want any issues with broken screws so have been trying to hit the pool as an alternative. I have developed a kind of freaky-looking doggy paddle technique, which while not pretty at least helps my legs and means I can get a bit of cardio too. Man, I miss kicking a ball around and going for a run! I really should stress to potential LL'ers that this procedure really does require loads of patience, even once the frames are off.

Well that just about covers the last few months, I'll def. keep this diary updated until my rods are removed as I still have the challenge of getting my knees to bend past 90 degrees and beyond. A big thank you goes out to all the staff at Guang Ji hospital too, it was a bumpy ride but the end result is well worth it!

Tombie
chlor
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2011, 10:25:09 AM »

Hi Tombiezombie!

So good to see you back... hello from a potential/prospective Beijing LL'er.  And I just want to start off with a big congrats on your journey. 

Now that you've done both 1) external tibias and 2) external femurs, can you please share your thoughts on which is an overall easier/less risky process?  Assume that I could only do one segment (either tibias or femurs), and that proportions is not a concern, which should I go with?  Safety and comfort (I use this term in the relative sense, as LL is never 'comfortable') are my top priorities.
tombiezombie
LL Warrior
MMT Member

Credibility 11

Driven to distraction

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2011, 07:30:28 AM »

Hi Chlor,

Thanks for your support!

having done both femurs and tibiae I would recommend that you go with tibiae. It seems to me that this method offers a much quicker recovery after frames are removed and a lot more mobility during the lengthening phase. Having said that, I imagine it varies a fair bit between hospitals as I have heard the internal nail in Germany allows the patients to walk pretty soon and take showers etc. With the external femur frames there is so much you can't do and its very draining mentally. With the tibiae frames you can almost forget they are there sometimes if you keep yourself occupied, with the femur frames you feel much more reliant on other people. As an example I spent the first month in bed with the femur operation, moving just once for an xray. This nearly drove me crazy as it was hot and sunny outside and I could hear everyone else who did tibiae chatting and hanging out in the garden! With my tibiae frames I was walking from day 1 and after a week was walking outside the hospital and visiting other rooms so it makes for a much better experience overall. In addition to this aspect I think doing tibiae is still considered less risky and most surgeons have done hundreds of these operations versus femurs. Actually I was scared to ask my surgeon how many femur operations they had performed at the hospital in case it was very few so i decided it was best to not know!

Which hospitals are you looking at and do you have a timeframe for this surgery? I would be interested to know your thoughts.
Hope this helps,

T.Z.
tarnor
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 75

Hi from Beijing

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2011, 08:20:11 PM »

Hola mi amigo,

Great to hear from you!!! I'm still here and remember times we hang out together. I hope all is fine with you and you are fulfilling your crazy dreams…..

tarnor
tombiezombie
LL Warrior
MMT Member

Credibility 11

Driven to distraction

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2011, 06:01:31 PM »

Hola mi amigo,

Great to hear from you!!! I'm still here and remember times we hang out together. I hope all is fine with you and you are fulfilling your crazy dreams…..

tarnor

Hola!

Hombre claro! Miss our Spanish lessons/hanging out too bud. Hope you are doing well, when are you due back home? I'm in Mallorca taking it easy, legs are getting stronger now ta.

Stay in touch,

Tom
tarnor
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 75

Hi from Beijing

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2011, 12:52:20 PM »

hi Tom,

I'm so glad you are doing well and your knees motion have improved. Now, since you are in Spain, you can relax more because you don't know anyone there, unless you bump into your neighbour unexpectedly on the beach.

At the moment, I'm the last one from all the international group we used to have in the hospital. There are new patients of course, but there is not as strong bond as with older ones.

I will be staying here 4 more weeks, to make sure all is ok and I can walk on crutches.

Have fun in Mallorca and enjoy being tall.

All the best my friend, M.
pia94
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2011, 04:44:33 PM »

Hi Tombiezombie  Grin

I saw in one of your post that you got your tibia lengthen in Volgograd.

1. How much did you lengthen? and how much time did it took you?

2. After your frames were removed did you went back to your normal life (including doing sports, etc. . . )

I know that by your third month you say that one can be expected to walk without crutches

3.  Were there many people having LL done?

Thanks for your post, you are the only one I have heard that have had their legs lengthen in Volgograd.
plastikman
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2011, 10:51:30 AM »

Hi Tombie!

How is your recovery going?Did you managed to bent the knees past 90 degres?
Let us know about your progress..

Stay strong!

puala
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2014, 08:07:42 PM »

Hi Tombiezombie,

I really want to get my femurs done to reach around 172-3cm from 165. 5cm.

You did your tibias first, when you wore your shoes did your tibias/femurs look out of proportion? because shoes add an extra 2-3cm which makes your femurs look a lot more smaller compared to below the knees.  That's the only reason why I want femurs done and not tibias, is this an issue worth considering or does is not matter?

thanks
180isDDream
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2014, 08:40:50 AM »

Thue guy hasnt been back on for 3 years now, highly doubt he'll answer your question now in 2014.
But you never know  Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.