MMT Community
December 13, 2018, 03:03:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is a free service to support those interested in or considering Leg Lengthening, and all are welcome to join! Just click on the register button and you will be approved ASAP. Remember to bookmark http://www.makemetaller.org now!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy+6 - External Tibias - Various Doctors - 2011 - Dream Come True  (Read 235310 times)
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« on: April 20, 2011, 01:12:41 AM »

Hi MMT Community,

I am posting my diary after I have achieved 5.8 cm since site was down for 2 months. I have tried to recall maximum which I can. I will start with my Personal info & then further tell my experience date wise.  

Personal & physical Info

Ethnicity: Indian

Current height: 161 cm

Weight: 66 kg

Desired Lengthening: Minimum 7.5 cm, maximum 10 cm

Place of Surgery: Bangalore, India

Date of Surgery: 11th January 2011

Doctors: Dr. Sharan Patil & Dr. Prasanth Tejwani

x-ray of legs before surgery

Surgery  & Device

Surgery in: Both Tibia (left & right) medically known as Bilateral Cosmetic Limb Lengthening

Device name : External Illizarov Circular ring Fixator

Device Make: Pitkar SS Ring Fixator (http://www.pitkar.com/product.html )

No. Of rings used: 4

Weight of Device: 7kg each leg (app)

Picture of Device

Surgery Cost & living Expenses

Cost of operation: Rs. 210000/-

Cost Of Wheel Chair: Rs. 9000/-

Cost Of Hospital Bed & mattress: 10000/-

3 bedroom Rented House: 7500/- per Month

Monthly food Expense on an average: Rs. 4000/- Per months

Medical Expenses on an average: Rs. 2000/- Per month

Caretaker (I am thankful to this guy too much): Rs. 5000/- per month

Miscellaneous: Rs. 1000/- per Month

Total: Considering 10 month stay with frame; it will come around
210000 + 9000 + 10000 + 75000 + 40000 + 20000 + 60000 + 10000 = 434000/-

I.e. In Dollar (app): $ 9500

PS: Donít take this as final cost as every individuals choice of stay, food etc is different and that may vary.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:17:25 AM by SysOp » Logged

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 01:19:01 AM »

The story

Story goes back in my school days when I was the tallest guy in class. My friends use to often tease me about my height and I was happy about it.
Twist came in my life when I was in 8th grade; I suddenly realized that everybody around me is growing and I am still in same height. I told my dad about this but my dad replied me that it is genetic (my dad is 5í2Ē) and nothing can be done if you will not grow means god has gifted you with this height. He told me to do as many as exercise you can do.

I will be disrespectful to my dad if I say that he didnít do any effort to increase my height. He tried to get suggestion from my family doctor and tried to get information about growth hormones but my family doctor told him that growth hormones have side effects and it canít be done. He finally got some info about Homeopathic drugs and he started giving me but it didnít work. HE even took interest in my diet but nothing worked.
By the time; I started getting focused on my studies and time passed. But in my busy study time also I never forget about my height and I keep trying stretching exercise and other options. Needless to say I tried all sort of bullshit of market to increase my height.

It was year 2004; when I 1st got Information about Limb lengthening through Google. There was a picture of guy standing with walker with increased height of 3 inches. He did his LL in Russia. My mind started working and I started researching on Limb lengthening Surgery. At that time; there was no organized information about limb lengthening.

In 2006; I found this site and started reading diaries. I am thankful to MMT for creating so big knowledge base. He is a true king.

After reading diaries and getting information about doctors; Prime hurdle was Money. At 2006 I was studying in my Masters of business Administration and was waiting to get job. I was in no position to finance my own surgery. So I decided to wait till 2009 to arrange money. My decision of surgery was fixed in China.

But Finally I took a huge risk and done my surgery in India. I have explained my dilemma between china and India in other section of diary.

PS: Needless to talk about the humiliation of being short guy. Everybody know impact of being short in this conditioned world.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:20:14 AM by SysOp » Logged

crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 01:23:50 AM »

Decision Dillema (China /India)

I was predetermined from 2006 that I will go for surgery in 2009 and China was fixed destination but things donít go as planned always.

Cost of surgery in china was so high. So Other than my saved money I was trying to get finance from bank to get surgery. I was trying hard to go to china. Even applied for visa, did discussion with doctors in china, got some cost reduction also after too much negotiation. But finally I was not able to arrange complete money. I have dropped idea of surgery for one more year.

In between I was trying to search for surgery in India also but after Davidís Diary in MMT; I have stopped searching.

In Early 2010; I met with ashjay from this site; found him more curious than me to do surgery. He knew that he will not be able to do surgery in China so he searched in entire India for Doctors and Hospital who perform limb lengthening surgery. He met with many doctors and started meeting with the people who already did surgery with these doctors. He met with David also. He told me that he know a very Famous Doctor of India who do limb lengthening and is no way in greed of money. He was all set to go for limb lengthening with that Doctor. His only problem was finance.

I thought there is nothing wrong in meeting doctor. I met with Doctor in April 2010. I found him very pleasant, calm and impressive doctor. He kinda took my Psychlogical test before even talking to me and after getting convinced with me; he told me in detail about Limb lengthening and its consequences. He discussed with me about process and device to be use.

This was the time when my mind started thinking about India as option of surgery but I was not ready to take risk. I convinced my mind again that I will go to china and will not take any risk.

But as I said above that thing donít go in planned way always. Some financial responsibility towards my family came in and I was again in I was again in back foot; By this time I was totally frustrated and thought that I will never be able  to do Surgery because of Money.

In September 2010, I again met with Ashjay who already did his surgery and was in fit condition with no pain. After looking at frames in his leg; I decided to meet Doctor again and take a risk of doing surgery in India.

I have fixed my surgery in December 2010 but delayed it because of the low callus growth of Ashjay.

Discussed with doctor again and changed the process to pure Illzarov External fixator method to avoid problem in callus formation. In fact this Doctor always suggested and was confident about this method to follow and not LON.

Finally took decision, took big risk and done my surgery on 11th January 2011.

PS: Donít take any decision based on my diary as it is totally an individual thing. I am expressing my experiences in diary as part of my own surgery.     

crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 01:25:46 AM »

India & Bangalore

India is a big country with all sort of modern facility available. Well we will not talk about India and Go directly to the city which is Bangalore because you may be interested in Bangalore more than entire India.

Well Bangalore is known as Information technology Hub of India and one of the biggest city in India. As International airport is in Bangalore; it is well connected with all the international destinations. Taxi and Public transport is easily available from airport.
All sort of Accommodation is available in Bangalore; weather it is International mark of Hotel/self service apartments/cheap rated hotels.

The distance between Airport to Hospital is about 16 Km and Hospital is well connected with all the transport facility.

crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 01:31:47 AM »

The Hospital

Sparsh Hospital is one of the leading orthopedic hospital situated in health city, Bangalore, India. Hospital consists of 400 beds and many doctors with modern facilities.

I will post some pictures of hospital which will give the idea about hospital:

Doctor

Important Question regardless of which hospital or whatever; How is the Doctor?Huh??

My doctor is Dr. Sharan Patil & Dr. Prasanth Tejwani.

I donít want to write much about them as if you google their name; you can find article about them in Wikipedia. You can get more info about them through other sources too.

As far as my own opinion is concern I found them very generous and experienced in terms of surgery & post surgery care.
Always ready to help; Best example is even when I called my doctor once at morning 6.30 am and Doctor answered me immediately.

Till now I havenít got any problem so I will say I am satisfied with Doctor, Hospital and the treatment.

PS: I am not here to do any advertising about Doctors or hospital; so do your own research about them.

crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 01:37:21 AM »

Surgery Day (11/1/2011)

I was waiting for this day from last so many years; Finally it came and I was in hospital one day before surgery.I was cool calm and relaxed thinking about all sort of thing before my surgery in the night at hospital.

Surgery day:

- Woke up at 7 Am,
- Shower at 8 am,
- Ready for surgery at 8.30 Am waiting for surgery call.
- Pre surgery procedure started at 9 am,
- On Surgery Bed at 9.45 Am.

I remember Dr. John (Anesthetist) was standing in front of me talking random stuff trying to ease me out of surgery pressure even though I was not at all had any fear in my mind.

Right on the operation theater the thoughts in my mind were that I am going to be out of short man count after this 1st step of my lengthening. This will lead to change my entire life. I was happy at that moment and was ready to undergo surgery waiting for Dr. John to give me Anesthesia.

I looked at watch in operation theatre; it was 10.07 Am; Dr. John looked at me and asked me to close eyes and said you will be in deep sleep after this injection; so smile and he injected anesthesia; I think I saw him and 3-4 other doctors for 5 seconds and then I dont know what happend.

I woke up and saw myself in one of the bed in operation theatre; asked time from one of the doctor there; he said 3.30 Pm. I asked him what about my operation; He said "over".  So I guess my operation got over in 3-5 hours.

I just looked at my legs below and it was fully covered with Bandage; I did not have any severe pain other than stiffness on my muscles all over my legs.

They took me to my ward at around 4.15 pm. My friend who is gonna take my care during my entire journey was there waiting for me. He smiled at me and asked how you felt during operation; my instant reaction was "Awesome".

Day gone fastly and I slept at around 11 pm after medicine. There was no pain at the time I went for sleeping and I was laughing with my other LL friend discussing about beautiful nurses.

Important: I started vomiting as soon as I took a bit of water at around 10 Pm due to Anesthesia Effect.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 06:49:38 PM by Dameon » Logged

crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 01:42:58 AM »

2nd Day

Woke up at 8 Am with a very little pain in my calf muscles. Stiffness all over but no severe pain. Took breakfast around 10 Am.

Physiotherapist came at around 12.30 Pm and instructed me to do two exercises:

1) Ankle Exercise: Pulling and pushing of ankle up and down in set of ten 10 times. Benefit of exercise: Reducing pain and stiffness in ankle if any

2) Knee compressing Exercise: Pulling ankle towards knee and pressing of knee down. Benefit of exercise: Reducing stiffness of joints and strengthening of knee joints and thigh muscles.

After Exercise I was so tired but was feeling more relaxed.

Taken Post surgery X ray in Hospital in evening. Posting xray below:

Left Leg

Right Leg

crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 02:01:57 AM »

Left Leg

Right Leg

The day went pretty fast and sleepy as I was still in slightly anesthesia effect + Antibiotics.

crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 02:06:36 AM »

3rd Day

1st Time I was standing after surgery and walked a little. It was pretty nice feeling to walk right after 2 days of surgery.  No pain at all

I took my video but it shows my face. So I canít post it here. Sorry for that.

4th and 5th Day

By 4th and 5th day physio started in a full swing. I hate them seriously ÖLol.
They will make you do so many exercises ffs.

I was totally upset with one of the female physiotherapist when she bend my leg forcefully. I was about to shout on her.

but all these physiotherapy is so important for  you that you will start adjusting with the physio very soon.

I will be posting my physio pictures soon.

crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 02:10:57 AM »

19th January 2011 (My 1st Distraction)

Great day of life !!!!!

I have started distracting from today. Distraction rate 1 mm per day in 4 turns of 0.25 mm each. It was normal to turn. No pain.

Day gone with distraction & turns in mind.

crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 02:32:50 AM »

5mm achievement (happy tears in my eyes)

I was at home by that time.

I did last turn of the day achieving 5 mm. Suddenly tears came out of my eyes. It was not of pain or anything. It was tears of happiness that I am 5 mm taller now.

Anyway! I donít wanna write much about the experience of that day.

It was pretty cool & Emotional experience.

24th January & 25th January (1st Terrible Experience)

In the night of 24th January; after 1 hour of my last turn; my foot started getting dry and I have started feeling too hot in my foot and entire leg. I think thatís what they call as burning sensation.

I was not able to sleep whole night and called my doctor at 6.30 Am in morning. He immediately responded and said there will nothing be wrong but for assurance you come to hospital. I went to hospital; they took my X ray and he gave me painkiller to use.
Sensation stopped by 10 Am. I was quite well by that time.

The memory of day was X ray in my hand which made me forget my pain/burning sensation or w/ever.
I was so happy to see my 6mm gap in between bones. I was felling like I am in cloud 9.

X Ray of 6mm Gap

Left Leg

Right Leg

Left Leg

Right Leg

crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 02:42:40 AM »

I will stop posting for today as Its almost 8 Am morning now in India and I have not slept a bit. so I think I should go get some sleep.

Diary to be continued.........................

I have achieved 5.8 Cm today so 6 cm is not so far  Smiley..........

luffy
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 78

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 05:14:40 AM »

Great diary so far Crazy

Wish you all the best
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 06:52:53 AM »

Thanks Luffy

I will try to make Diary more interesting by posting some more pictures and videos.

Thanks

God Bless
Crazy+6

ashjay_jay
LL Veteran
MMT Contributor

Credibility 106

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 11:57:18 AM »

Yo man!!!!! another big diary from India.

I am damn sure that this dairy will be one of the best dairy.. i am damn sure you'll get what you want.
           congrats for going 6cms and for good callus, this is the another proof that in india also LL can be done and we
            the indian tiger 'ashjay' and "Crazy+6'  are the proof for this. i know few people do not comment because they'r
             jealous but we should always believe where's there is a good things and good people that's life!!!

Being your room mate i know how strong you are and did 1mm after 3cms also just NEVER BACK DOWN KEEP ROLLIN.
                  JUST FOCUS ON YOUR GOAL AND DONT TRY TO AVOID PROBLEMS JUST FIGHT & KILL THEM INTELLECTUALLY.

surgery done at India with Dr Sharan Patil
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 12:39:15 PM »

Thanks Ashjay,

I will never forget the day I met you. You were always energetic and motivated. you always gave me motivation. You have completed your journey of LL in great difficulty but never back up. you are true inspiration. I am glad that I met you in my life.

After watching you everyday in recovery phase, walking normally and even climbing staircase....... I am too excited to face my consolidation & recovery phase.  Smiley

Thanks again for your motivating words.......... Smiley

PS: I am not worried if anybody comment on my diary or not; I am giving my 100% honestly to create this diary. May be my experience will help someone.

God Bless
Crazy+6

swastik
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »

hey Crazy+6
 cong for your operation but i want to ask you that do you really think that 166cms is short in indis
swastik
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 12:56:54 PM »

oh sorry i meant 161cm
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 01:18:27 PM »

Some pic of my legs after Surgery

Closer look of Frames

crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 01:21:29 PM »

Hi MMTians,

Today I will try to cover most of the left part of diary till date...........

Thanks

God Bless

Crazy+6

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.