MMT Community
December 11, 2017, 05:13:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is a free service to support those interested in or considering Leg Lengthening, and all are welcome to join! Just click on the register button and you will be approved ASAP. Remember to bookmark http://www.makemetaller.org now!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy+6 - External Tibias - Various Doctors - 2011 - Dream Come True  (Read 189804 times)
GROWtallORdieTRYING
« Reply #740 on: September 27, 2014, 01:04:19 PM »

I agree with Sweden.

crazy, what do you believe is the safe level to lengthen?

after what length do you think it becomes to risky, as an average, for people to use as a guideline?

Anakin
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #741 on: September 27, 2014, 10:06:48 PM »

Crazy+6! Thanks goodness you got better! I don't mean to fraternize, after all we have never met or talked much but I have really always cheered for your success! Please do share the news about your recovery when and if you feel like it!

Sweden, I really don't get your hostile attitude mate. Crazy+6 here has put his health, his wellbeing, his mere life to insane risk, true, but not in a deplorable self-destructive hedonistic way drug addicts or alcoholics do. He has done what he has done to achieve greatness. Literally.  Doing so he has hurt nobody but himself and encouraged no one to follow his path. He has actually given us all a warning as to how badly things can turn out. As far as Im concerned that is the greatest service one can do to the LL community, to honestly share all information good or bad to details.  Being supportive to him is the least we can do in exchange for his generosity and hard work it takes to create a diary like this.
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #742 on: September 27, 2014, 10:48:31 PM »

I did it so he would come back. Apparently it worked.

Apologies if I hurt your feelings bro. Never intended to.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #743 on: October 09, 2014, 07:16:31 AM »

Crazy+6! Thanks goodness you got better! I don't mean to fraternize, after all we have never met or talked much but I have really always cheered for your success! Please do share the news about your recovery when and if you feel like it!

Sweden, I really don't get your hostile attitude mate. Crazy+6 here has put his health, his wellbeing, his mere life to insane risk, true, but not in a deplorable self-destructive hedonistic way drug addicts or alcoholics do. He has done what he has done to achieve greatness. Literally.  Doing so he has hurt nobody but himself and encouraged no one to follow his path. He has actually given us all a warning as to how badly things can turn out. As far as Im concerned that is the greatest service one can do to the LL community, to honestly share all information good or bad to details.  Being supportive to him is the least we can do in exchange for his generosity and hard work it takes to create a diary like this.

Thanks Anakin, My problem is not Limb lengthening anymore- It is changed into knee problem. If I had enough money, I would have met best doctors in world but............

I keep myself positive and slowly reaching my target.

I will post my video so you can understand what exactly is my position now. I am not running away, I will keep updating my development so no one else do this mistake.

I did it so he would come back. Apparently it worked.

Apologies if I hurt your feelings bro. Never intended to.

Yes It worked Sweden.
No worry Bro ! Person relations never ends through internet. Smiley I am sorry for being harsh.

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
Anakin
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #744 on: October 10, 2014, 10:58:25 PM »

Would love to see a video! Glad to hear it's "just" a knee problem! Not to underestimate the severity of it, the knee is a truely complicated and vulnerable part of the body but it can't be beyond repair and with your tenacity I'm sure you will eventually heal. So what's the end result of your LL quest? A final 5'11 achieved? What have you been up to? Back to work while healing? Taking advantage of your new stature?

Thanks Anakin, My problem is not Limb lengthening anymore- It is changed into knee problem. If I had enough money, I would have met best doctors in world but............

I keep myself positive and slowly reaching my target.

I will post my video so you can understand what exactly is my position now. I am not running away, I will keep updating my development so no one else do this mistake.

Yes It worked Sweden.
No worry Bro ! Person relations never ends through internet. Smiley I am sorry for being harsh.
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #745 on: October 12, 2014, 06:47:08 AM »

Would love to see a video! Glad to hear it's "just" a knee problem! Not to underestimate the severity of it, the knee is a truely complicated and vulnerable part of the body but it can't be beyond repair and with your tenacity I'm sure you will eventually heal. So what's the end result of your LL quest? A final 5'11 achieved? What have you been up to? Back to work while healing? Taking advantage of your new stature?

Aren't you 5'11 yourself, Anakin? Have you done LL yet?

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor. -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
Anakin
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #746 on: October 15, 2014, 07:04:16 PM »

I am indeed a natural 511. Not short at all and yet I aspire to be taller. At least 63 in fact. I have been saving money up for about 2 years now but only managed to raise the funds that would pay for an external  solution in a cheaper country like India. While I absolutely admire Crazy for his undaunted courage and I am sure that eventually he will fully recover and be able to enjoy his new body for decades to come I also know I could not dare to take such risk and withstand the kind of hardship Crazy has so I have decided to wait until I can afford an internal option somewhere in Europe or the US. Not sure if I can ever come up with that kind of money but Im working really hard to get there. On that note I will be forever grateful to Crazy for selflessly sharing all details about his journey helping others like me make our own call about LL

Aren't you 5'11 yourself, Anakin? Have you done LL yet?
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #747 on: October 15, 2014, 10:14:41 PM »

I am indeed a natural 511. Not short at all and yet I aspire to be taller. At least 63 in fact. I have been saving money up for about 2 years now but only managed to raise the funds that would pay for an external  solution in a cheaper country like India. While I absolutely admire Crazy for his undaunted courage and I am sure that eventually he will fully recover and be able to enjoy his new body for decades to come I also know I could not dare to take such risk and withstand the kind of hardship Crazy has so I have decided to wait until I can afford an internal option somewhere in Europe or the US. Not sure if I can ever come up with that kind of money but Im working really hard to get there. On that note I will be forever grateful to Crazy for selflessly sharing all details about his journey helping others like me make our own call about LL

If you want to do tibias, risks with external fixators are not many.
Crazy didn't have any problems with his tibias, nor I and the majority of LL'ers who did external.
You can also use monorails like me who are much easier than Ilizarov (but you can't walk during lengthening which is a big drawback).

3 inches in tibias aren't much risky, but I would stick to 2,5 for much more safety, especially if I was already relatively tall like you. 0,5 inches won't make any difference for you (personally I'd never considered LL at your height but it is your choice).
So, to avoid much expenses, do external LL in tibias with a capable doctor and I am sure that you'll be fine as with internals (or even better).
If you want femurs, then internal is your only choice.

Crazy I wish you the best my friend!
Keep up the hard work and go to an experienced knee surgeon to fix your knee. I am completely sure that in the end you'll be fine!

live strong
Anakin
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #748 on: October 16, 2014, 05:42:01 PM »

Hey Body Builder,

Thanks for the insight. Just gave your diary a quick read.  If I got it right have had external with monorail done in the US. Price you quote there, 16K $ seems extremely low to me, was it supported partially by your insurance if you don't mind my asking?

Anyhow I am planning to go for longer femurs as they are very thick and short compared to the rest of my body and would actually look more natural lengthened.
My main concern is that besides my above average height for an LL-er and heavy, broad frame, I'm a power lifter , not a pro, not even a very talented amateur, nevertheless I am plenty more heavily muscled than an average guy and sadly plenty fatter too. I doubt I can ever get under 200 lbs even after a serious slimming cure without actually losing muscles which I obviously want to avoid. So in the light of my physical attributes I am not sure if there is any solution out there, internal or external that would suit me at all. Now as you are one of the bigger (heigh and weight) LL patients I know I wonder what you think? Should I try the same doctor and solution you have and leave my femurs be?
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #749 on: October 16, 2014, 07:57:58 PM »

Hey Body Builder,

Thanks for the insight. Just gave your diary a quick read.  If I got it right have had external with monorail done in the US. Price you quote there, 16K $ seems extremely low to me, was it supported partially by your insurance if you don't mind my asking?

Anyhow I am planning to go for longer femurs as they are very thick and short compared to the rest of my body and would actually look more natural lengthened.
My main concern is that besides my above average height for an LL-er and heavy, broad frame, I'm a power lifter , not a pro, not even a very talented amateur, nevertheless I am plenty more heavily muscled than an average guy and sadly plenty fatter too. I doubt I can ever get under 200 lbs even after a serious slimming cure without actually losing muscles which I obviously want to avoid. So in the light of my physical attributes I am not sure if there is any solution out there, internal or external that would suit me at all. Now as you are one of the bigger (heigh and weight) LL patients I know I wonder what you think? Should I try the same doctor and solution you have and leave my femurs be?
No my friend, I haven't done LL in USA.
I did it in EU, in one of the southern countries.
I am sure that in USA the price will be much higher.

Powerlifting have a lot of things in common with bodybuilding and I can understand your concerns, because I always worried about the loss of muscles during LL.
Thats why I strongly recommend you to do external only (not even LON/LATN), because you'll have for about 4 months (for 3 inches) more the externals in your feet after lengthening, but then you'll be fully consolidated and after 1-2 months after you remove the externals your bones will be as strong as before and you can continue lifting weights.
On the other hand, with internal methods you should be always very careful with internal rods and that mean that you can't lift heavy weights as long as you have these rods inside your bone. As a result, you won't be able to lift heavy weights for more than 2-3 years after the initial surgery, while with external only you'll have fully consolidated bones in about 8-9 months.

Of course, If you are convinced to do LL in femurs, then internals are your only solution. Maybe if you lengthened less (about 2-2,5 inches) you could use monorails in femurs too, but I don't recommend it.
So, there is no option to continue powerlifting for about 3 years after initial surgery. You could lift of course in sitting positions, but only that. Personally, even now that I am fully consolidated I do only a few exercises in a standing position and I always prefer sitting exercises to protect my foot (not only bones but also ligaments which are more sensitive after LL).

If I were you, I'd easily have done LL in tibias with external only methods and lengthen at max 2,5 inches to avoid complication and to have faster healing time. Even 0,5 inches play a significant role in LL after 6cm and you have a great initial height so you should think first the consolidation and the time than this small extra amount of height. Moreover because you are a powerlifter and foot strength mean much to you.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 08:04:08 PM by Body Builder » Logged

live strong
Anakin
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #750 on: October 20, 2014, 09:14:22 PM »

Southern Europe? Interesting. I only assumed US because of your having quoted the price in dollars. Anyhow doing tibias is probably not an option for me as they are already too long compared to my femurs so it would just make things even worse on that front.
I'm stick with femurs indeed and my thighs are so thick there is no way in hell any external device would fit on them or if it did I would have to spend the whole duration of LL in an unbearably wide straddle.
If you have any tips for a cheap but reliable doctor who does internal femurs please let me know.

Anyhow this is Crazy's diary so I would not want to hijack it. I really hope he will give us some good news soon.
ticux
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #751 on: April 27, 2016, 11:39:46 AM »

Hi Crazy,

Any update? how is your knee problem?
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #752 on: August 22, 2016, 08:15:09 PM »

At this point of time - I can only say that I can walk long distances without any support & pretty much back to my life financially & emotionally both.

My knee bending is still a problem and I do limp but I am far far better than the worst anyone wished for me aka "Haters"

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #753 on: August 24, 2016, 03:10:44 PM »

Hi Crazy+6+plus

I'm trying to read your diary carefully, but you removed all of your cool pictures,
is there a way you could show them, I am very curious!

Thanks
Johnny Rocker
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #754 on: November 18, 2017, 08:23:29 AM »

At this point of time - I can only say that I can walk long distances without any support & pretty much back to my life financially & emotionally both.

My knee bending is still a problem and I do limp but I am far far better than the worst anyone wished for me aka "Haters"

Hi Crazy + 6, I have knee bending problem too; basically I can't bend my knees after they removed my external fixator and put in intramedullary nails on both of my tibia.

What exactly was your knee bending problem?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.