MMT Community
December 12, 2018, 05:41:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: MMTA has written a book about about his LL journey.  Click here to buy it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Please vote for which doctor you think that MMT should use for his next procedure:  (Voting closed: May 24, 2011, 09:34:30 PM)
Dr. Betz (Germany) - 40 (42.6%)
Dr. Cole (USA) - 3 (3.2%)
Dr. Dragan (Ukraine) - 11 (11.7%)
Dr. Guichet (France) - 25 (26.6%)
Dr. Paley (USA) - 8 (8.5%)
Dr. Shevtsov (Russia) - 5 (5.3%)
Dr. Veklich (Ukraine) - 2 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 89

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which doctor should MMT use for his next LL procedure?! (4.5cm on femurs)  (Read 24426 times)
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 12:16:07 AM »

@MMT - Since Beijing delivered very good results for you on your first procedure, why not return there? You seemed to be very satisfied, so I am quite surprised.  Has something changed in Beijing that would make their hospital less attractive?

Beijing don't do internal femurs Smiley

Vato
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 09:53:36 AM »

if you have enough money, you should go with D.betz, he is the best i think.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 11:38:39 AM »

Thanks for all of the comments, but there is no absolute 'BEST'. The best doctor and technique depends on the patients's situation and requirements.

Think about which is best for you, not which is 'best'.

Cheers, MMT

ThomasTampa
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 05:54:18 PM »

This poll must be a joke of some kind!  Let me elaborate as to why.   First of all 57% of the doctors offered who are currently commanding around 20% of the vote are worthless choices.   Dr.  Paley as mentioned in a previous post does not perform this surgery on anyone taller than 5ft 9in (175. 26cm).  This is as clear as day on his website if anyone bothered to look.   Dr.  Cole follows the same criteria.  If you are going to include doctors in the United States who will refuse to do the operation why not throw Dr.  Rozbruch's hat in the ring.   I mean why the hell not, his height limit is 5ft 5in (165. 1cm).  I'm sure he could garner close to 10% of the vote! I wish they offered this surgery to people of our height so I would not have to fly across the Atlantic.   As the great American hero Dwight Hansen (Robert DeNiro in This Boys Life) once said "Wish in one hand and s**t in the other and see which one fills up faster".   I mean are you kidding me with Dr.  Veklich!  This guy is ordering limb lengthening for dummies on Amazon prior to surgery.   His idea of sterilization before the osteotomy is pouring Vodka over the chainsaw in the operating theater  Grin  I believe the doctors name is Shevtsov not Shevstov.   You may want to at least spell the guys name correctly who may one day saw your legs in half  Wink   

Let me be clear.   I love this forum and most of the information available.   The diaries of those who have gone through this procedure are invaluable!  If you are going to conduct a poll and at least appear to consider the will of the people in your decision make it a respectable worthwhile poll.   Eliminate the trash and leave viable options so there is real choice and competition.   Thank you.

Dr.  Betz is the thoroughbred in this race.   Throw in the towel before he inflicts permanent damage. .

curious
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 07:06:40 PM »

Well, if you decided to have another LL procedure in my opinion Dr.  Betz seems like a great surgeon with lots of experience (if you can afford him :)) As someone mentioned above it would be interesting to see you having it done in the US, but as ThomasTampa pointed out some of the docs.  in your pole have height limits which disqualifies you for LL.  Good luck anyway!
curious
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 07:28:05 PM »

I remember reading a horror story about Dr.  Veklich on this site a long time ago.  I understand that every story has at least 2 sides, but it seemed like he is not a good one.  Isn't he from Ladisten clinic?

I think the info on this site is very useful for those who are interested in LL procedure, but one thing I didn't quite understand is why there are Ladisten clinic rep. 's postings on this site (obviously he/she will defend his/her clinic, and say their doctors are the best)? I didn't see anyone else representing another surgeon or clinic, and I thought this site was for only prospective & actual patients to share their experiences & info.  instead of some rep.  advertising his clinic & bragging about the surgeons there. 

It's been months since I last time visited this site, hopefully that Ladisten rep is gone.  If that's the case please ignore my writing. 
EB
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2011, 08:41:33 PM »

As you may recall MMT, I come at this from a different angle.  I am the mother of a teenage girl who was born with one leg shorter than the other.  But I vote for you to go to Guichet firstly because I believe his surgical ability and skill with nail lengthening is unsurpassed anywhere in the world (which is why we go to him) and secondly, we're back in Marseilles this summer for take two of my daughter's lengthening, and it would be a laugh to meet up with you.
Hope you go for Guich!
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2011, 09:32:49 PM »

As you may recall MMT, I come at this from a different angle.  I am the mother of a teenage girl who was born with one leg shorter than the other.  But I vote for you to go to Guichet firstly because I believe his surgical ability and skill with nail lengthening is unsurpassed anywhere in the world (which is why we go to him) and secondly, we're back in Marseilles this summer for take two of my daughter's lengthening, and it would be a laugh to meet up with you.
Hope you go for Guich!

Thanks - interesting perspective!

gazzasurf44
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2011, 10:09:05 PM »

ThomasTampa may have an eccentric way of expressing his opinion but his point is well taken.   Why are there doctors in this poll who would never accept you (MMT) as a patient?  The reputation of Dr.  V is one thing but Dr.  Paley and Dr.  Cole outright refuse to accept a candidate with your measurements.   Having these doctors in the poll and receiving votes diminishes its value and credibility.

MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2011, 10:30:34 PM »

ThomasTampa may have an eccentric way of expressing his opinion but his point is well taken.   Why are there doctors in this poll who would never accept you (MMT) as a patient?  The reputation of Dr.  V is one thing but Dr.  Paley and Dr.  Cole outright refuse to accept a candidate with your measurements.   Having these doctors in the poll and receiving votes diminishes its value and credibility.

I wouldn't have put them in if they wouldn't consider taking me as a patient - bearing in mind that I am offering to do a full video- and photo-diary and that I provide them with a rare opportunity to have someone who has undergone external LL to compare it with internal, plus the publicity that they would generate means that this is obviously not a normal situation.

Anyone who doesn't want to participate in this poll please just go away and stop cluttering-up an otherwise interesting thread - please find another thread to troll - no one is forcing you to participate Smiley

Cheers, MMT

gazzasurf44
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2011, 11:09:42 PM »

MMT- Extremely hard to believe if not impossible that you contacted Dr.  Paley and based on of all things the publicity and uniqueness of you doing a video diary and full documentation comaparing internal vs external methods he was willing to suspend his own guidelines.   Mr.  Akash Shukla has already written a book along with a full video diary about external fixator limb lengthening and he was referred to Dr.  Rozbruch by Dr.  Paley!  Interesting how you try to dismiss a new member and accuse them of being a troll and back it up with nonsense and almost impossible to prove reasoning.   You may feel above most questions but this is too absurd to ignore!     
craig49
LL Legend
MMT Adviser

Credibility 286

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2011, 12:25:51 PM »

Interesting, Dr Guichet says that patients can ride a bike the next day after operation.  That is simply amazing.  I originally thought Ukraine was a good choice, but MMT if it comes down to France or Germany, I hope you pick France and actually do a video of you riding a bike the day after operation. 

moischia
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2011, 03:37:04 PM »

Quote from: MMT Admin link=topic=3866. msg42784#msg42784 date=1303571723
Greetings!

Many moons ago, I decided that I would have my second procedure in Serbia with Dr.  Mitkovic because the members of this forum thought that this would be the most interesting option for them to learn about.

Just to recap, I am currently 180cm tall after having my first procedure in Beijing in 2006 shortly after I created this forum.  I had my tibiae lengthened using their patented technique under the care of Professor Xia and I am now fully recovered.

I have a wingspan of 187cm, and have a target height of 184/185cm to give me better proportions, and because I want to!

I will make a full video- and photo-diary of the procedure, and document it on a daily basis just like I did for my first procedure.

Dr.  Mitkovic had agreed to do the procedure, but has now retired and so is no longer available as an option, and so I need another option.

I have listed the current LL doctors that I would consider below, and would like your thoughts on which I should go with - please vote and also post your reasons.

You have 30 days to vote, and cannot see the results until you have voted :)

Cheers, MMT

Hey MMT, nice to be back to this site and to hear from you as well !!!

Well I can't believe you're actually even thinking of going through this all over again, but I definitely give you credit for it!
I'm  pretty sure you're already know which doc will do your second op but in my honest opinion I will personally pick Prof.  Jean Marc Guichet not only because of the location being ideal but because of his affiliation with sport medicine which may not be important for some but, it is for me and beside the true passion for his scientific work.  I'm not discrediting any other docs but it seems to me they are more down to" business" than anything else. . .  That's my pick folks !!!!

MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2011, 07:28:50 PM »

Hey MMT, nice to be back to this site and to hear from you as well !!!

Well I can't believe you're actually even thinking of going through this all over again, but I definitely give you credit for it!
I'm  pretty sure you're already know which doc will do your second op but in my honest opinion I will personally pick Prof.  Jean Marc Guichet not only because of the location being ideal but because of his affiliation with sport medicine which may not be important for some but, it is for me and beside the true passion for his scientific work.  I'm not discrediting any other docs but it seems to me they are more down to" business" than anything else. . .  That's my pick folks !!!!

Thanks - it's good to be back, and this is a useful post from you, moischia!

It's interesting, a lot of people are emailing me and saying that they would be interested in me having my procedure with one of the cheaper and less well-known surgeons, but they seem to be frightened to post on the forum because the trolls.

It's a pity that some people are too frightened to share their opinions publicly for fear of being ridiculed - it never used to be like that on this forum.

I think that there is no doubt that Betz and Guichet are the most sensible options, but if part of my objective is to highlight the potential of other doctors, it's definitely worth be considering a more exotic location.

I trail-blazed Beijing, which many people thought was a no-no previously, in the  same way that Cbick and Jungle trail-blazed Serbia when that was still an option.

Watch this space! Wink

aymahano
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2011, 09:47:53 PM »

MMT you are either very stupid or incredibly brave. Why go thru all that pain again, I don't want to be negative but I wouldn't wanna go thru this excruciating experience ever again. I remember few years back you were telling one guy that too much cosmetic surgery is like a disease and he shouldn't do it and you fired that guy from this site, which I really respected to you for it. But now what are you doing my friend, and I lean this with no offence only what I feel from my heart....
Apotheosis
International Underwear Model :P
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2011, 10:07:52 PM »

Aymahano,

I know it's hard to see now, but even you will look at leg lengthening differently 6-9 months from now. When the body is healed and you start to feel strong, you will start thinking, "Hey I could do that again, it wasn't so bad". That doesn't mean that you will do it, but means that you start to consider it.

The first month or two of lengthening are absolutely the worst, and that is where you are in your journey right now. In a few months, a lot of that pain will have gone away, and you might surprise yourself by considering another LL operation. Smiley

Apotheosis

My personal apotheosis to the very best me I can be. Starting height: 171 cm. 9.5+ cm added to femurs. 10.5+ cm added to tibias. Final Height: 189.5 cm +/-

My femur diary: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,3530.0.html
My tibia diary: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,4202.0.h
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 12:32:49 AM »

MMT you are either very stupid or incredibly brave. Why go thru all that pain again, I don't want to be negative but I wouldn't wanna go thru this excruciating experience ever again. I remember few years back you were telling one guy that too much cosmetic surgery is like a disease and he shouldn't do it and you fired that guy from this site, which I really respected to you for it. But now what are you doing my friend, and I lean this with no offence only what I feel from my heart....

I'll go with brave Smiley

But remember, my first experience was smooth - it was like being an undergraduate in uni again living on campus and hanging out with cool students. I experienced very little pain and enjoy the new height a lot.

I don't think that having two surgeries is akin to having multiple cosmetic surgery (that guy had multiple nose jobs, chin implants, pec implants and eye adjustments) and we all know how important height is Wink

Cheers, MMT

Tibia
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2011, 05:38:17 AM »

I'll be real honoust here, I voted for dr Veklich. With the sole reason that in a years time this will be my choice, and yes, this is because of the funds  Grin
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2011, 06:15:43 AM »

I wouldn't have put them in if they wouldn't consider taking me as a patient - bearing in mind that I am offering to do a full video- and photo-diary and that I provide them with a rare opportunity to have someone who has undergone external LL to compare it with internal, plus the publicity that they would generate means that this is obviously not a normal situation.

Anyone who doesn't want to participate in this poll please just go away and stop cluttering-up an otherwise interesting thread - please find another thread to troll - no one is forcing you to participate Smiley

Cheers, MMT

MMT is right !!!

He has started an interesting topic which is not only going to give him a clear cut idea to take his own decision about femur lengthening;it will also help others in this site to take their decision.

If you think that this poll is of no use and its a waste of your precious time. Put your intelligent mind in the use of studying about LL in this site rather spoiling the interesting topic.

I see many of the comment from people who have not even spend total of 1 days in site (check your total time spent in site) and still have status of lurker or noob which shows how much they know about cosmetic limb lengthening.

No offense to anyone.

Thanks & God Bless
Crazy+6

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
littleangel
MMT Contributor

Credibility 10

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2011, 03:55:52 PM »

Looks like Dr. Betz is by far the most popular choice - interesting!
Dr Betz is quite popular,I voted for him,too:)But he is the most expensive one I think..I hope I;m not wrong about this.
You go with what dr you feel in your heart .Good luck.
ps:you can go more than 4.5 cm..if you want.Maybe 6...Smiley
take care

“Everything you can imagine is real.”

~from 150 cm to 166 cm~
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.