MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 01:22:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from SysOp:
"Height is like money. It is insignificant only to those who have plenty of it." Tongue

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Luffy - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2011  (Read 56991 times)
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2012, 10:32:51 PM »

Luffy have you/are you using the Exogen 4000? I'm asking because you lengthened 6 cm and after only 6 months you can walk! Also I know I'm asking a lot from you and Roc (only because I wanna go to Beijing too) but if there's anyway you can wear a mask (like Apotheosis) and just take a video of yourself walking that would be greatly appreciated. I am also shooting for 6 cm as it would get me to around 5'9" which is an awesome height. I really want to get a juxtaposition of completing 6 cm of lengthening and walking a few months after getting your frames off.

Also if you can't post a video, it's no big deal. Privacy is important to me as well!

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2012, 11:01:54 PM »

Luffy have you/are you using the Exogen 4000? I'm asking because you lengthened 6 cm and after only 6 months you can walk! Also I know I'm asking a lot from you and Roc (only because I wanna go to Beijing too) but if there's anyway you can wear a mask (like Apotheosis) and just take a video of yourself walking that would be greatly appreciated. I am also shooting for 6 cm as it would get me to around 5'9" which is an awesome height. I really want to get a juxtaposition of completing 6 cm of lengthening and walking a few months after getting your frames off.

Also if you can't post a video, it's no big deal. Privacy is important to me as well!
He did LATN so it isn't extraordinary to walk after doing 6cm in 6 months.
If he did external only that would be very extraordinary, bun not now.

live strong
luffy
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 78

« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2012, 12:48:51 AM »

BB, after standing for like 5-10 minutes my left foot ballerina drop down a little bit, like 1.5 cm of ballerina, it cannot touch the ground yet. So your condition is better than me. When I had the frames on my heels cannot touch the ground when I reached 5 cm.

Arche, I can walk almost normal now with the sandal. I'm limping because my left foot has more ballerina than my right foot. I can walk without the sandal too but I limp more without the sandal. And it's harder to start walking barefoot after I sit for a while. The rod can support your bones. Once your legs muscles get strong enough and your ballerina is almost fixed, you can start walking without crutches. Yes I'm using the Exogen 4000 to speed up my consolidation. But I only started using it for like 2 weeks.
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2012, 09:13:33 PM »

Wait, Luffy, you can walk 6 months after your surgery date right? NOT 6 months after you got your frames removed? If so I still think that's sweet because the 7-8 mm nails in Beijing aren't even fully-weight bearing.

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #124 on: February 13, 2012, 12:00:35 AM »

Hey Luffy, it's been about a month since you posted on this site. How are your scars doing now? How's your walking? Could you post some pictures? Thanks man!

jellybones21
n00b

Credibility 0

No pain, no gain XD

« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2012, 03:38:31 PM »

In your last xray, the new part of your right (my left) fibula seemed to be curved in a weird way.  Is it possible to fix that? Or is it something you have to live with?

No pain, no gain XD
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2012, 03:15:00 PM »

Hey Luffy! Your diary is back! I'm really glad, I couldn't find it for the past few weeks! I'm dying to know how your walking has been taking place!?

Cheers Luffy! I hope you're well into your recovery phase!

Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2012, 11:06:01 PM »

Welcome back!!!  Smiley

171.5cm
average6
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2012, 04:13:21 AM »

I hope you are having a smooth recovery.  Any updates for us?
luffy
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 78

« Reply #129 on: May 03, 2012, 06:20:11 AM »

A short update. My walking is much much better now. But I still have ballerina. My right feet can touch the ground now but my left feet still have a little bit of ballerina. Fixing ballerina is a very slowwwwwww process  Undecided I thought that I can fix my ballerina after the frames are off so I didn't worked that hard while lengthening to fight ballerina. But once you get it, it will be really slow to fix. So my advice for future LLs is work as hard as you can to fight ballerina. Don't be lazy like me  Grin
Dryani
LL Veteran
MMT Contributor

Credibility 186

« Reply #130 on: May 03, 2012, 08:26:52 AM »

Hey Luffy, I think I might understand now why you can stand and walk while I am advised not to. It looks like in Beijing the heel fixation is done using spring-loaded rods, so that the ankle can still pivot, and the ankle can still be pulled in to create the ballerina foot. If you look at my fixation (http://i.imgur.com/JJJnc.jpg) you will see that my heel is fixed by solid rods, forcing my ankle into a no-motion situation.

26 year old male in West USA
Was 170cm (5'7"), now 177cm (~5'10")
Currently about 150lbs
Had surgery with Dr Sarin in India on April 24rd
Roc
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 107

« Reply #131 on: May 03, 2012, 09:14:08 AM »

Hey Luffy! Good to have you back;)
luffy
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 78

« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2013, 01:15:50 AM »

Here are my latest X-ray. I will contact the hospital to see if I'm ready for rod removal

Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2013, 02:13:58 AM »

It looks very good indeed!
Congratulations.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
kusop
MMT Contributor

Credibility -132

« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2013, 02:31:16 PM »

luffy, can you give us a summary of how your life has changed? good and bad.

how good recovery has been compared to what you could do before LL.
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2013, 04:32:28 PM »

Your x-rays look great! Smiley Congrats!

Need2BTaller
MMT Contributor

Credibility 14

So you think I'm short do you!?!?!?!!

« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2013, 04:54:18 PM »

X-Rays looks spectacular.

Height: 168cm
Wingspan: 176cm
Goal: 175-176cm
Date: 2014-2015
Place of Surgery: TBD
Type: TBD

Tall like a 3rd grader.
luffy
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 78

« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2013, 08:50:45 PM »

Thanks guys  Wink

I do feel taller after I went home but I guess I got used to my new height now so I feel short again lol. So I have been thinking of doing internal femurs.

Recovery is slow but I can feel it's getting better day by day. Like I said in the other topic, I think I'm 70% recovered now. I was a bit lazy and didn't work that hard to get back to 100% so it's a bit slow

On the side view of my x-ray there's a spot that's not fully consolidated yet so I'm going to wait till June or July to remove the rod. The rods does not bother me anyway so I don't mind the wait.
Captain America
Medical Intellectual
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 143

AVDENTES FORTVNA IVVAT

« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2013, 09:22:20 PM »

Consolidation looks great man. Best pictures I've sen of nearly completely consolidated tibiae on MMT.

The strong man who has known power all his life, may lose respect for that power, but a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows... compassion.

Height: 168cm
Sitting height: 92cm
Arm span: 175cm
Knee height: 51.5cm
Buttock-knee length: 55.5cm
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2013, 02:05:54 AM »

Luffy you look great man, I wish you the best of luck in the future. I remember that I started reading your diary like it was yesterday. I'm waiting until I finish college in two years to get this surgery, either with Dr. Xia or Dr. Sarin.

Thanks for your contribution man!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.