MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 02:04:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NOTE: To see all of our content, and to be able to read the diaries and discussions threads, you must be a member and you must be signed-in or they will not show up.

Sign-up now - it's free and you'll have full access to all of our world-leading resources!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Luffy - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2011  (Read 56993 times)
luffy
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 78

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 06:45:20 AM »

See you soon tarnor  Wink

Crazy, I have an online business that I can work through internet  Wink
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 06:47:26 AM »

cool man !

I wish I can have that type of work.

Crazy+6

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
Sotop
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 11:21:19 AM »

Good luck Luffy on your journey to being taller in China.  I am really looking forward to reading your diary as i too am contemplating on getting LL in Beijing next year.  Please take as much photos as you can as i also enjoy seeing things as i read.

All the best!
tarnor
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 75

Hi from Beijing

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 01:34:43 PM »

Hi Luffy,

Have a safe flight and see you soon in the hospital. Please pop in for a chat when you get here.

tarnor,
luffy
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 78

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2011, 04:49:10 PM »

Thanks tarnor,

My flight is on June 25. It's cdrom that will arrive today. I hope he will also start a diary soon. How are your legs doing? I will definitely visit you when I arrive. See you soon

@Sotop, thanks. I will try to post as much photos as I can

tarnor
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 75

Hi from Beijing

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2011, 09:38:32 PM »

Hi bro,

Cool, I will see you on 25th though. I was planning to go back to UK on 23rd, however I'm staying 2 weeks longer so will definitely see you again.

tarnor
luffy
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 78

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2011, 07:29:54 AM »

My surgery has been scheduled on June 28. Only 8 more days. Right now I don't feel nervous at all. I just wanted to get done with the first surgery as soon as possible and start this journey. Time has been passing slowly for me because I'm waiting for the departure day. I got everything packed and ready to go. I know that I will have a long way to go ahead of me but in my mind right now I just want to get done with this surgery.

My dad is cool with this procedure and so far he has no comments. But my mom is still a bit skeptical and she keeps worry about it. I can't wait for my first x-ray after lengthening and report back too her that I had grow my first millimeters  Cheesy
Sotop
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2011, 08:57:08 AM »

Hey Luffy,

How did you break it to you parents that you were going to China to get LL done?? I am a Viet guy too and when i told my mum (not my dad yet) she freaked out and basically told me i was crazy haha and that she would not support that decision.
Sotop
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2011, 08:59:07 AM »

Also all the best for your surgery on the 28th Luffy!! please keep us updated as often as you can  :)
luffy
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 78

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2011, 10:39:30 AM »

Hey Sotop,

It actually took me a while before I could open my mouth and told my parents about LL lol. I went to find some videos of little kids wearing Ilizarov frames on Youtube and showed it to my parents. Then I explained to them that people with leg length discrepancy use that frame to make the legs equal. Then I told them about LL that we could put frames on both legs to make a person taller. And I told them that I wanted to do LL in China. I purposely showed them videos of little kids because I want them to see that even a little kid could do this lol and I didn't tell them the details of the surgery such as breaking the bones, putting pins through the bones, and inserting an IM rod into the bone. I can easily hide the details of the surgery from my parents because my mom never used a computer and my dad only use Internet a little bit. So they won't find out the truth. It's not that I wanted to hide it from my parents. I just don't want them to worry too much because my mind has been set to do LL and I will resist doing it. So I wanted to do whatever I can to make them less worry. I live with my parents so I didn't have an option to hide it completely from them like other patients, but I didn't want to hide it from them anyway. So I decided to tell them just half of the truth lol

But at first they still disagreed with me and told me that I don't need LL to get taller. They told me my height is ok. They worried that I would go to some underground place in China to do LL and get crippled for life. So I persuaded my dad to go for a consultation with me so he knows the hospital and the staff. My dad only concerned about the place I'm going to do LL so he was happy that it was actually a big hospital, not some underground place lol. After we went to the consultation, my parents seemed a bit less worry about the procedure. So I booked my flight to China and start this journey.

A while ago my sister told my mom about the bone breaking part of LL and me mom kept asking me are they going to break my bones. I just tried to avoid that question lol. I understand my parents and I know that even if I tell them everything, they would still let me go because they know that I really wanted to do LL. Telling them everything just make them more worry so I decided to avoid it. But I do feel bad putting my parents into this situation. They don't want me to go, but they also don't want to stop my dream. So I've promised to myself that I will work as hard as I can to walk back unaided when I come back, or at least walking with crutches. My mom would burst in tears if she sees me come back in wheelchairs.

Good luck persuading your parents Sotop. There are two guys doing LL in Beijing right now from my country and I will be the third. Maybe you could join us soon lol

sam
Challenge with Dr. Salameh in Syria
LL Hero
MMT Member

Credibility 68

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 04:12:01 PM »

Way to go luffy I wish you all the best in your journey .
Is it safe to use the gel you were talking about for healing wounds?Because i would like to use it .

The 1000 miles journey
luffy
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 78

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 05:28:56 PM »

Thank you Sam

The aloe vera gel I'm talking about is for drinking. It's just like drinking juice so it's safe. Here's the one I bought

http://www.lilyofthedesert.com/our_products/item/inner-fillet-aloe-vera-gel/22

You can even make your own juice if you can find the raw plants

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGwR_gMPw3g
luffy
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 78

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2011, 09:39:38 AM »

This is my second day post op. The operation was easier than what I expected. I didn't keep track of time but i think it took about 1-2 hour. I was wide awake for the whole operation. The epidural wasn't that painful like I thought. Not long after the injection my ear was buzzing and I was about to black out. But then it all gone and I stayed awake the whole time.

So far I have no pain at all. Only some discomfort sometime. I can easily lift up my left leg. But the right leg is a little harder to lift it up. I can move my toes, bend he knees and there is no numbness at all. Let see if I will have pain after they take out the epidural

The maid here is wonderful. She took care of me like a mother. She ordered all the soups for me without me telling her to do so. She watched the IV drops and called the nurse when it's about to went out. Once in a while she rubbed my back to ease the stress from lying on my back all the time. Even at night.

I will post pictures of my legs whenever I have a chance to take the pictures
chlor
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2011, 09:54:15 AM »

Thanks for the quick update luffy!  Please give us more as I'm really curious about the first few days post OP. 
luffy
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 78

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2011, 10:20:49 AM »

Hi chlor,

The day I had the the operation I feel totally normal. No discomfort at all. But my lips was dry and i was a bit thirsty because I was not allowed to take water. I took one teaspoon of water and I can feel the nausea started to kick in immediately. But i was able to hold it and the nausea was gone after a while. I took water two times on that day to ease the thirsty. I can feel my left leg a little bit but my right leg was still all numb. There was no discomfort at all on the legs

The day after the operation I also feel normal for the whole day. I was able to take a bit more water. I also started to drink Ensure milk during the day. But at night my legs began to feel a little discomfort. But it was not that bad. I can distract my mind from it and not feel it at all. It was the hotness that caused by the IV drops that botherd my a lot during the night. I was sweating and using the mouse pad to cool me down a little bit. The room has AC and it's usually very cool inside. But things calmed down and I was able to sleep for some hours. In the morning when I waked up I feel great and totally normal again.

No discomfort at all for the whole morning and afternoon. Currently my legs feel a little discomfort but nothing bad.

slyly
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2011, 01:27:25 PM »

Being awake throughout the surgery, isn't that scary?!
cdrom
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2011, 02:03:45 PM »

Slyly, No, it doesnt.  Your bottom half is completely numb so you dont feel anything.  You still can hear all the operation noise though.  I remember telling one of the dr that I am still awake, he smiled and said thats ok, they were just inserting...

Luffy, you may think that you were awake all the time but very likely that you did dose off for an hr or so.  I felt the same until I asked my room mate how long were I gone for and he said about 3 hrs.
luffy
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 78

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2011, 08:24:50 PM »

Yeh it wasn't that scary. You don't feel or see anything

This is my third night pos op and the pain on the foot heels has started to kick in. It's bad enough to make you stay awake but I think I can manage it without the tramadol for now. I still have the epidural but I think it only lasted for 50 hours. It should be more than 50 hours pos op now. They will remove everything tomorrow.

Cdrom also had the same pain on his third night and it lasted for one day. I hope mine will be the same too
cdrom
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2011, 09:35:20 PM »

Luffy, I hope you dont mind me sneaking my comments on your diaries.  Since our surgery is only 10 days apart and there are also two other Beijing diaries(tarnor, somedaysoon) are going at the same time now, I feel that creating another one would be too much.

I want to second Luffy on the note about the maids here.  They are not here just to work, they really really are here to help us patients.  They slept on the floor on my first few days after the surgery to make sure I get any help we need whenever we do.  When I had pain on my ankles, they would massage my feet forever.  I literally had to ask them to stop because I feel bad they are working too hard.  There is no words could describe my appreciation for them.  I cant imagine receiving these level of care elsewhere.

Hope your ankles pain will end soon, Luffy.
luffy
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 78

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2011, 09:54:50 PM »

Sure cdrom you can post your comments and updates in here whenever you like.

The maid just came and massaged my foot heels. It felt better when she did the massage but yeh I had to asked her to stop because I feel bad too.

I think I will have to ask for tramadol in the morning. My foot heels feel like being crushed by some heavy weights lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.