MMT Community
February 23, 2019, 11:41:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tough love is the best love for people considering Leg Lengthening - the truth hurts, but it's important to be realistic Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adidas2011 - Internal Femurs - Dr. Guichet - 2011 - To infinity and beyond  (Read 121577 times)
adidas2011
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 02:27:15 PM »

Hi guys. Finally settled down at the legendary Calpyso. I rem visiting A in this room last year. Taking over the room right now. I realise that the stationary bike is not part of the deal. Anyone prev Calpyso veteran knows or can suggest where did you purchase/obtain the bike? Sad .

I shall now not make any reference to any cost of the surgery as I am no longer sure if I am violating any agreement.
Anyway the cab for today is Euro 35. How did Jay and the rest managed to keep the cost down? Went to Carefour just now to stock up a bit. It is about less than 10 mins away from the residence. Transportation is tricky. Once again, I wondered how did the previous LL-veterans managed to stock up 1-2 weeks supplies by oneself? :/ Perhaps they made more than one trip I guess.

Dr G will drop by later to finalise and pick up some doc. 2 more days to go~ 

keep going
adidas2011
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 02:43:03 PM »

As I've been reading in other diaries, the general idea I got about Dr. Guichet is that he knows what he's doing!
If he keeps on reminding his patients about the worst risks, that's because he wants his patients to bear in mind that major complications "may" occur; but in real it will not be as u were imagining it to be....
He's testing ur will and positive attitude.....coz if ur morals are down then u will not be able to recover in a short period of time...
Anyway a "zero risk" does not exist in medicine!
But to get sure about him and feel some kind of relief, did any of Dr. Guichet's patients complain about his skills or witnessed major complications that have affected their lives forever?! YET NONE!
He's a french stubborn and he knows what he's doing! I'd personally trust him for my life! He will NOT leave u alone, he WILL always keep his eye on u to achieve great results!

Yep. At this stage I have to stay optimal and focussed Smiley

keep going
adidas2011
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 02:48:04 PM »

anyway schedule for the day was

1) consultation with Dr L ( Anesthetist)
2) consultation with Dr S ( Cardio)
3) Pre-admission (1-3 all at the same area)

It really helps if you know french. For today, R just dropped me and showed me where are the points. When it comes to communicating with the assistant at Dr L, it was really a challenge as she speaks no English and I speak no French. I realised how handy to have R around.

If you are staying in Calpyso. There is only one lan point. If you want to set up a temp wifi port for your iphone to access wifi. This is the link of how to do it~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whISLi5XSAc

keep going
smallpackage
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 04:07:21 PM »

Dear Adidas,

Am really impressed by ur courage today, seems u have woke up today with very good positive spirits; that's the key for everything!
2 days are left! am sure u WILL make it, and everything will be just perfect as u have ever wished!
By the way, how much ure planning to lengthen?!?! what was Dr. Guichet's opinion?!?!
adidas2011
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 07:39:18 PM »

7- 7.5 cm will be good enough. Firstly, I do feel 7.5 cm is sorta pushing the boundary and 10 cm may really look a little wierd in terms of proportion. You know. I even think of doing 5cm on my tibia in future? Of course, that will depend on this journey. We will find out really soon. I just obtain a french mobile phone with prepaid card. It will come in handy in terms of emergency. It cost around 30 Euro with phone and 22 mins of talk time approximately. I believe you can top it up when the value are low. You can get them at one of the small telco shop near Carefour. Once again, it was quite tricker to communicate when the sales assistant speaks no English. But the mission is acheived nonetheless Smiley

keep going
EB
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 09:17:17 PM »

Hi Adidas, the personal trainer, Serge, will arrange for you to rent a bike in the apartment.  And Muriel, who manages the Calypso, can help you with the website for ordering groceries online.  We were there two years ago and we're going back to Calypso again from 8 July for my daughter's surgery on 15th.  By then you'll be about 3cm taller than you are now - awesome.
adidas2011
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2011, 02:23:10 AM »

Thank you EB! Smiley

keep going
chlor
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2011, 02:54:49 AM »

Hey adidas,

Since you mentioned you're contemplating tibias in the future, may I ask why you're getting femurs done first?  Beijing is an excellent place to do your tibias, and it would be closer to home for you.  Obviously the price is not an issue if you're going with Guichet.  If you don't feel like sharing personal reasons, no worries.  I'm just curious that's all.
adidas2011
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 06:52:34 AM »

I am rather concerned with the rate of recovery (downtime), weight-bearing, prefer internal LL, the environment, surgeon and other factors during journey. Calpyso is a nice envionment for the recovery process, you can see from Jay's diary. I want the experience to be the best possible ( in my own opinion) and hence I chose Dr Guichet. Like I mentioned before, there is no right or wrong. As long as you feel at peace and right. There are many ways to Rome and I have chose this path. Hope it helps

keep going
adidas2011
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 07:57:22 AM »

Hi everyone, when I click insert picture icon. it will appear . Then how does one insert the picture? Did a test just now and a X came out . Sad

keep going
adidas2011
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2011, 08:17:02 AM »

Took up a 24 gym session with Serge under the strong urging of Dr G. Need to take up 2 months gym membership and rental of bike. Was actually thinking of saving this cost by not having it but then, better dun go Transportation is not included but Dr G mentioned most of the time, the trainer will have a car and bring me there.

keep going
adidas2011
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2011, 08:18:46 AM »

I mean better dont go against the advice of the Dr.

keep going
adidas2011
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2011, 10:06:21 AM »

A while more before I check into the hospital...

reading some of the other's patient diary again to wild the time away and prep myself. replying to some stuff on facebook etc.. hmm...

keep going
Kidrobot
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2011, 01:07:54 PM »

Good luck man, my prayers are with you! Just keep imagining how awesome your outcome will be!
DTF
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2011, 08:51:52 PM »

Good luck Adidas
smallpackage
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2011, 09:26:28 PM »

We're all waiting for u to post us some news Adidas....all the best man! (((:
coffee15
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2011, 11:05:35 PM »

wishing and praying for you adidas.

See you in a few days. Hope you are doing well

Coffee

BME extraordinaire
adidas2011
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2011, 11:19:08 AM »

Hi everyone,

I am back at calpyso for less than a day now. I was scheduled to be discharged on Monday 2pm but I was feeling unwell and requested for one more day. I am humbled so far by my LL-experience even though it has been only post 5 days after my ops. From the bottom of my heart. I saluate and upmost respect all LL-er veterans who had walked this path and all future LL warriors. You must have really want it real bad to walk this journey.

I have more posts later. Thanks for the well wishes.

keep going
adidas2011
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2011, 02:47:51 PM »

Hi, I have receive pm again. Once again I cant reply to the pm as it is full.(without giving names/nick of course as I fully respect your privacy). So I am answering them here. I do not have all the answers but I will try to answer them as best as I can so I seek your forgiveness.

I hope you dont mind if I reply to your pm here and not give u my email. I am begining to understand why some previous LL veterans and warriors 'disappear' after they have completed their LL journey. Initially I tot they are a little irresponsible. Now I am starting to feel that perhaps they want to start afresh and I am begining to think so myself and understand more so too now that I am going thru it personally. Rest assure I will answer qtns as best as my mental and physical conditions allow.

I dont want to disappoint you but you can only seriously consider this option if you have at least 50k Euros. 43k goes to hospitalisation, surgery and nails. This does not include other consultation such as additional x rays, test etc easily 1-2k, accomodation for min 2 mths around 3.2k euros and more, food easily 2k or more depending on ur intake etc. transportation fare, airfare etc. This does not include touch work complications (hospitalisation) and removal of nails. The exercise for 24 sessions cost around 1.8k euro. I suggest if you want to take this journey, go all the way. You can see how the cost can easily adds up. I know budget is always a hurdle because it was mine too. But I need to impress upon you that budget is just one of the many big hurdles along the way.

All the training you are doing is good. Flexibility and strength etc. As long as u keep your body in good shape. But dont be disappointed to you have 'rework' your body again as you have now not able to use your legs like before. It will be challenging so my opinion is just go for the training if you can. Health comes first. Money can be earned later in a way as long as health is there. hope it helps

keep going
chlor
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2011, 03:04:35 AM »

Hi adidas,

Glad you're feeling well enough to post diary entries post-op.  How are you feeling?  What has made such a big impression so far that has humbled you so much?  How are you spending most of your days so far, sleeping?  Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.