MMT Community
February 23, 2019, 11:50:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS! Please make sure that you only post general questions on the 'General Questions' board or you'll get a lot of flames - and make sure you read the FAQs and DIARIES first Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adidas2011 - Internal Femurs - Dr. Guichet - 2011 - To infinity and beyond  (Read 121579 times)
nsd_second
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #280 on: June 17, 2013, 09:23:44 PM »

Thanks for posting all the videos and Xrays. they have been really helpful for many of us who consider going with Guichet i'm sure.

Your condition looks great. keep us posted with your progress.
Stella4
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #281 on: August 24, 2013, 11:03:40 AM »

Hi llanivic13.
How are you now ? Is the pain still an issue or are you beginning to walk properly ?
I hope your recovery is doing well. 

I can't listen to that much Wagner. I start getting the urge to conquer Poland.
Zorosan
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #282 on: September 08, 2013, 10:37:01 AM »

Hi.

I'm about to get my nail removed and thought I'd chime in with the pain in the airplane.

Guichet never told me about it or anything. I had to ask him when I landed. It hurt when I flied but this last flight (7+ hours) was a killer. I literally had to lay down on the plane's floor to relieve all pressue off my leg. Took a double dose of tramadol and codeine which really lessened the pain but it was still ridiculously painful. Had to pop a zolpidem after that in hopes of passing out until we land. It worked.

It was easily the most pain I'd seen throughout this whole ordeal.

When flying long distances, make sure to take all your pain meds and a NSAID (ibuprofen or whatever).

DO NOT use the NSAID if you're on aspirin or still taking the blood thinning meds.
OldieButGoldie
LL Veteran
MMT Contributor

Credibility 256

« Reply #283 on: September 08, 2013, 09:17:24 PM »

Hey Zorosan,
could you tell a little bit about your LL journey?
When did you have your op, how much did you lengthen, what was recovery like, can you now walk normally and even run?
Are you back to 90% (i don't even dare to ask about 100%...)?

I have a diary in the Dr. Betz section.
I' m something like week 7 or 8 in my recovery and I must say I just cannot imagine to ever fully recover from LL. you'd give me hope by saying you did...

Good luck with the nail removal

OldieButGoldie
llanivic13
MMT Member

Credibility 20

« Reply #284 on: September 09, 2013, 08:27:20 PM »

Hi llanivic13.
How are you now ? Is the pain still an issue or are you beginning to walk properly ?
I hope your recovery is doing well. 
hi guys and gals

hi oldiebut goldie...i think i,m more oldie than you.

well up date......i stopped lengthening mid march...i think....??!! not sure now.

to all you ...IT WORKS.

slowly and gradually things are getting back to normal.
i had hip problems with fascie lataie rubbing on screw ( sorry about spelling) but even thats correcting itself.
my legs weren,t aligned....thats correcting itself.....

to sum it up everything is slowly and gradually correcting itself.

sleep now is no problem and back to pre op days.....since about two months ago...

flexibility in hips is comming back.....in knees is nearly back to pre op....in quads getting there...
hamstrings need a lot of work yet...but getting there.

my leg muscles now seem relaxed and soft to the touch...as oppossed to tight and solid.

legs very weak though........started going to gym and doing weights two weeks ago and they are weak.....hamstring curls, leg extensions, squats......

but taking it very very slowly as bone not fully consolidated.
last x rays were excellent and bone progression is full speed ahead....very pleased with progress.

still have a funny gait when walking....but i,d say its more to do with my lower back than the legs.
when i get the lower back right and relaxed i can walk quite normal.....given the op that is..

i started out my recovery with a blitz on warm water rehab pools....plenty of exercises...
then lately been going to the local outdoor pool ...again plenty of movement in the water.
once pool closed i took up walking for 2 hour stretches in local park......excellent cant say HOW much this has helped me.

now going to gym.....doing bike, walking, rowing, weights.

greatest problems is squats and anything similar...even without weights.

to get over this have been doing a lot of standing sqauts....as if you were going to sit on a chair but dont.
excellent....super excellent exercise.

if i dont exercise muscles do get stiff ......so need to move...

cant run yet.....can jog very very slowly but i can feel the impact in the fractures....so not worth it until bone is solid enough.

so i can end by saying recovery is a bitc* but if you work hard at it it works.

Stella4
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #285 on: September 09, 2013, 10:03:35 PM »

I'm happy for you ! Your recovery seems to be good.
You don't have pain around your knee joints when you don't move ? For example, when you watch a movie with bent knees...is it painful ?

Thanks for your answers  Smiley

llanivic13
MMT Member

Credibility 20

« Reply #286 on: September 09, 2013, 10:06:31 PM »

hi

in left knee no pain...

in right leg hard
y any for want of saying none.

swimming, cycling, rowing, weights, squats, slow jog, sleeping no pain at all.

when driving for half an hour....slight stiffening ....of knees and hip flexors...but 2 minutes walking and its gone.

Stella4
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #287 on: September 09, 2013, 10:11:41 PM »

Ok, so stretching post lengthening really helps a lot ^^

And your "colleague" who was lengthening with you is alright ?

llanivic13
MMT Member

Credibility 20

« Reply #288 on: September 09, 2013, 11:36:53 PM »

well i havent been a consistent Llers in so far as stretching and recovery i,m sorryto say.
if i did i,d be a lot further than where i am i suppose.

to be honest i got a bit bored with the stretching....

what i have done a lot, lot is water exercises, walking,

this has been crucial in recovering suppleness and joint mobility.

now i am doing flexibility and its way better bcs now i can get into the correct positions and feel the stretches.....before i couldnt.....

so i decided to recover my suppleness and mobility prior to hitting stretching in a big way.

try water exercises in a hot pool and walking long stretches.....works wonders

llanivic13
MMT Member

Credibility 20

« Reply #289 on: September 09, 2013, 11:38:54 PM »

Ok, so stretching post lengthening really helps a lot ^^

And your "colleague" who was lengthening with you is alright ?
ok...forgot...dont know about my colleague.....we last skyped about 3 months ago.....he was walking without crutches but still in the robot walk stage with some duck arse.

whysuffer
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #290 on: September 11, 2013, 10:13:26 PM »

hello.  Im from Brasil and planning to do my LL with dr.  Guichet.  My question is whats the best form to make payments, once youre far away from home and will have to bring a lot of cash for the surgery itself and hospital stay.  please, someone.
llanivic13
MMT Member

Credibility 20

« Reply #291 on: September 11, 2013, 10:55:47 PM »

hi

i made my payments via bank transfers...both to guichet and the hospital..and had no problems.
i did have a bank in europe so it was a euro to euro transaction.   

guichet gives you all the details for his and the hospitals accounts...well in advance so you can make the payments.

if you only have a brazilian bank account i dont know if you can make the transfer to europe and if you can do it in euros.

be careful bcs the hospital will not accept monies other than euros....

best thing is to talk to your bank and call the hospital once guichet gives you the details to find out.

guichet also has accounts in usa for dollar transfers...but not the hospital.

when i did my op there was another guy who took cash for guichet BUT i dont know about the hospital.

email guichet...he,ll help you out or call him.

whatever you do be serious when talking about the payments bcs if not he wont be bothered with you.

and finally, after the hospital discharge ...you will get a rebate from the hospital..depending on what you needed during your stay.
they will do the rebate pretty fast but you may need a europe account for the transfer...again best to call them and ask.
when they did my rebate i at first gave them a canadian account....they said they couldnt do it so i gave them a europe account for euros.

Phreakcodex
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #292 on: January 17, 2014, 06:21:42 AM »

Thank you so much to both of you !!! The diaries are fatastic Grin
coffee15
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #293 on: January 18, 2014, 05:49:17 AM »

I can't believe this thread is still up! I was one of the original posters. I did LL with adidas.

I know its frustrating for most LLers as veterens often do not come back. We try to forget and bury it and live a normal life.

ill tell you that it was worth every cent and dime. i've regained every function in my life with Guichet. I owe him everything.

good luck everyone.

I still lurk every once in a while out of curiosity.

BME extraordinaire
adidas2011
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #294 on: March 02, 2014, 02:06:49 PM »

Hmm.. I am flirting with the thought of going for tibias...hmm...

keep going
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #295 on: March 02, 2014, 03:01:04 PM »

Hmm.. I am flirting with the thought of going for tibias...hmm...

I'm guessing that means you feeling pretty much fully recovered from your femur lengthening?

Tibias take about twice as long to heal as femurs do, and sometimes longer than that. Where are you thinking of doing your tibias? How much are you thinking of lengthening?
adidas2011
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #296 on: March 30, 2014, 04:04:25 PM »

Hi sysop,

This is the part which may disappoint myself or some. I don think I have fully recovered yet. Walking wise is ok but I am still cautious when it comes to sports. In fact, so far I have restricted myself to swimming and cycling. No contact sports such as soccer or basketball out of fear and capacity or perhaps both.

I am thinking of doing it with Dr Guichet. I have not gone for my nail removal yet due to work and financial demands. I am hoping to do it soon as it is coming to three years since my ops in 2011. (which seem surreal and like a distant memory at the moment). I notice there is not much diaries for who did their tibias with  Guichet. There seem to be one or 2 with Betz. (I appreciated apo's diary). There are lots of tots processes going on in my mind on how to reach my goal. If I do fulfil and take the next step. I would wish for min 5 and perhaps max of 8 cm for the tibias as you rightfully mentioned that tibias will take more time. Pardon my qtn as I did not read all diaries in depth and have not been logging in as often; have u went for tibias, sysop?

rgds
adidas

keep going
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #297 on: March 30, 2014, 04:42:52 PM »

Hi sysop,

This is the part which may disappoint myself or some. I don think I have fully recovered yet. Walking wise is ok but I am still cautious when it comes to sports. In fact, so far I have restricted myself to swimming and cycling. No contact sports such as soccer or basketball out of fear and capacity or perhaps both.

I am thinking of doing it with Dr Guichet. I have not gone for my nail removal yet due to work and financial demands. I am hoping to do it soon as it is coming to three years since my ops in 2011. (which seem surreal and like a distant memory at the moment). I notice there is not much diaries for who did their tibias with  Guichet. There seem to be one or 2 with Betz. (I appreciated apo's diary). There are lots of tots processes going on in my mind on how to reach my goal. If I do fulfil and take the next step. I would wish for min 5 and perhaps max of 8 cm for the tibias as you rightfully mentioned that tibias will take more time. Pardon my qtn as I did not read all diaries in depth and have not been logging in as often; have u went for tibias, sysop?

rgds
adidas

Recovery from LL does take a long time. It almost always takes longer than you think it will take. You won't realize your absolute final degree of recovery until you have all of the metal out of your body.

The last time I spoke to him, Dr. Guichet did not offer an internal tibia lengthening nail. He can do external tibia lengthening for you however.
M
« Reply #298 on: April 04, 2014, 04:02:40 AM »

Adidas,

This is M.  We first met in Marseille over 3 years ago.  Indeed, you have mentioned me in your diary.  Like you, I am considering lengthening my tibias with Dr.  Guichet, having now recovered from my femur lengthening.  I have not yet removed the rods from my femurs.  I plan to lengthen the tibias first and then remove all nails at some later date.  Nail removal is not a priority.  I am looking to gain anywhere between 5 and 8 cm on tibias.  Guichet now has the necessary instrumentation to insert the tibial nails and is prepared to operate.  I am writing to ask if you would be interested in joining me and sharing apartment accommodations in Milan to help reduce (non-surgical) costs.  I am approaching the necessary funds for the second procedure and I plan to make a move sometime in the fall of this year . . .  or in early spring 2015.  Let me know if you have any interest.  Best to you. 

-M
adidas2011
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #299 on: August 18, 2014, 04:15:13 AM »

Dear m, I have unfortunately not able to gather the resources for round 2. My investment has my resources committed and tied. Hence I have to give it a miss. Would have love to say yes though. Do update me of your progress.  Cry

It is now around 3 year 2 month post op. Life has pretty much gone back to pre op as mentioned to the earlier post with the exception of impact activities. Example jogging, hopping, skipping etc. every now and then, I feel minor sensation on the thighs. It feels good and the world do seem somewhat different with the 7 cm gain. It is now possible to open some new doors of opportunities.

Dear coffee. Or is it doc coffee Hahas. Yeah we have succeeded round 1. Gratz

Dear sysop, I have not explore that far with dr Guichet on internal tibia. I am open to the idea to do it with dr betz if dr Guichet path does not pan out. Is there any patient who has done ll with both drs ? Aiming for 2016 hopefully. Will see. Don wish to get too old for this sort of things as widely discussed. The earlier u do it, the better it is to a certain extent. Would also like to find out more about precise meanwhile

keep going
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.