MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 05:59:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the new photos in the Proportions section, which include photos and videos of a lady who lengthened by a full 12cm walking and stretching, and a guy who did 8.8cm taking his first steps! Shocked Click Here!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feythe - External Tibias - Dr. Mahboubian - 2011 - Growin' Back to Cali!  (Read 34061 times)
Feythe
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 51

« on: July 16, 2011, 05:18:09 PM »

Hi ll community my names feythe and i started my LL adventure thursday.  i am a 19 year old male that is 162cm and with confidence i hope to at least gain the 5 cm.  I wanted to make a dairy to gain some support and if i had any questions or someone else could advise me while i go through this process.  Tuesday july 12 i drove from san diego california to LA with my mother to meet with shahab mahboubian my doctor who i saw about 3 times prior to surgery so we could discuss what it entailed and the outcome.  They did all my prelab stuff and i was pretty scared.  WEdsenday my mom and i didnt sleep at all was a whirlwind of a day.  we arrived at the hospital at 5 am thursday morning.  apparently there were complications and my surgery lasted 7 hours.  i can only imagine the horror my mom must have felt after being told it would take 4 tops.  The first couple of hours out of surgery wasnt very painful i had my mom and was pressing my pain medication pretty frequently.  That night was awful though.  The doctor came in explained everything and said he would be back in the morning.  I didnt sleep at all.  That morning the doctor came in told me i would have 2 lessons of physical therapy that way day.  The first was with a woman that i wanted to slap she was over agressive and really stuck me in some pain.  Later that day there was a younger man was very gentle and because of him working with him i was able to walk around.  As the day went on my mom was in and out trying to get me food etc.  That night i swear the night staff here is bloody awful.  I was in a ton of my pain, they wouldnt increase my meds and none of the 3 nurses on the floor had ever seen this surgery they didnt know what to do.  THe doctor wasnt returning our calls due to his call service taking calls from the head nurses.  I finally got to sleep about 4 am right before they took my blood.  The doctor came by this morning and UNveiled my legs.  he cleaned the pins and show us how and what to look for.  i need some help streching though today.  THe doctor said we can get discharged tonight if i am able to walk around again but im still in pain and nervous.  This is something i always wanted but after last night its been quite a fright.  In order to get through the night actually  my mom started reading "inchworm " outloud.  Im getting ready for physical therapy and i hope today we can head home.

This too shall pass
researchingLL
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 06:26:06 PM »

Congrats on beginning your journey, Feythe. I know it seems difficult right now but you will get through this! The veterans all seem to mention that it is rough initially but gets much better. It will be worth it when in the end when you are taller- good luck!
sam
Challenge with Dr. Salameh in Syria
LL Hero
MMT Member

Credibility 68

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 06:58:42 PM »

Congratulations Feythe on your new journey.Never mind the pain it will soon go away ,or at least it will diminish . All you have to do is focusing on your goal  and keep going on Wink.We all went through this it's only temporarely,i mean the pain Roll Eyes
Bye bye

The 1000 miles journey
sam
Challenge with Dr. Salameh in Syria
LL Hero
MMT Member

Credibility 68

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 07:02:11 PM »

One more thing , could you tell us more about your operation  and about your Dr

The 1000 miles journey
Feythe
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 51

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 06:03:36 PM »

i have external fixators on my tibias,i start lengthening a few days.  im finally home and its amazing.  the pains i had in the hospital was doing nothing but with the prescription im taking a lot of the pain is gone im walking around which im finding is really surprising i thought it would be much harder but with this walker doing well.  im going to attempt to change my own pins today after i shower for the first time.  my sister claims i smell awful still.  i was really scared in the hospital but the pain is getting better and now im just really excited.  i see the doctor again on friday for xrays and physical therapy is coming by again today.  they come by twice a day.  after the lengthening face they will insert a rod into my legs.  i know this is just the start of my journey but i am gaining more confidence each day.

This too shall pass
Feythe
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 51

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 06:06:24 PM »

i am still really nervous for when we start lengthening.  before the surgery for the past 2 years i have been stretching.  and i tried getting myself in top peak physical condition before running close to 30 miles a week.  Everything ive read says the stretching before is really going to help.

This too shall pass
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 12:15:34 AM »

may i ask where this doctor is based?

is this in india?

how much was the operation?

has this doctor been with anyone else on this forum.

Height         = 164 cm (5' 4.5")
Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
Avg. Male height in region 5' 9.5"
Avg. Female Height in region 5' 4.5"
tanktics
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 04:40:50 AM »

This doctor seems based in Southern California.  He uses IKSD.  Can you tell us how much he charged you?
Feythe
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 51

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 01:54:08 PM »

Hi yes the doctor is in Southern California.  Los Angeles to be exact. As for total cost, I got a special deal because i agreed to let them film some of the procedure and some check ups after.  This was my way to help the community who felt the way i felt and if they are looking at this as an option will give them some what of a understanding to what they are getting into. The total price was less than what the other US doctors charge, but not nearly as cheap as Russia, Syria, Armenia or China.

TODAY I HIT 3. 5 CM! and boy has it been an adventure.  sleepless nights, agonizing pain, and just pure exhaustion.  You just gotta keep on trucking on one day at a time.  The worst part for me is by far the nights.  I cannot seem to get comfortable at all. I am doing a lon process and my procedure to have the internal nail is set in mid October.  Starting this out i always thought i was tough.  going through this now i was so wrong.  never in my life have i experienced such pain that has mentally fatigued me along with physical exhaustion.  I go to physical therapy about 4 times a week and work everyday towards my recovery.  I can walk with the walker about 200 feet before i cant go any further.  I got to biking about 8 miles which feels amazing.  the bike is by far my favorite thing.  i bought a stationary bike for this reason and work on it everyday.  I also have message therapy twice a week and had a nutritionists map out a diet for me along with the powder i needed to make a full 100% recovery.  if anyone wants to see pictures i can more than gladly stick them up.  if anyone has any tips on how to sleep that would be amazing i get about 2-3 hours of sleep if im lucky.  If you are looking at LL Dr Mahboubian has been amazing.  I live about 2 hours from his office but i see him every week he calls me about 3 times a week to check on me and no matter what i need to ask him he is always there for me.  LL is hard and u need a good support team for this as im sure uve read.  I owe a lot to my family and friends.  I clean my pin sites daily and i have six struts on each leg that i turn daily.  The doctor said with my progress being so well so far he is willing to make a new prescription for maybe 1-2 more cm past the 5cm which i wanted.  i was so excited to here yet a little stunned because there are some days when you just wanna break down but you cant especially as a young male and the oldest in the household.  there are many days where i am upset at myself for doing this why would someone so active with so much for him to do this himself.  then i realize it doesnt matter because in a 1 year down the road im gonna look back and say i was given the opportunity to accomplish something that not everyone can do.  I know my ll adventure will end well and even though its getting hard i will push through this.

This too shall pass
Feythe
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 51

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 02:07:47 PM »

im not always checking this forum so if anyone wants to contact me my email is alvatime@gmail. com along with my skype alexnoel12.  I attend college while going through this process so im fairly busy with everything that i have to do in my day but i promise i will get back to you.

This too shall pass
Feythe
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 51

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 02:09:06 PM »

and if any veterans read this and want to pm me i would love to talk to someone one on one about through process and the aftermath.

This too shall pass
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 05:04:41 PM »

Hi Feythe. I've added you to my Skype. I've never heard of any doctor in southern California doing LL for cosmetic reasons only. Doctors in the US have such high insurance costs that many won't do cosmetic LL. I'm interested to chat with you about your experience so far.

What is your lengthening goal?
Feythe
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 51

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 05:49:40 PM »

My goal is 7.5cm. Thank you very much SysOp for contacting me and talking with me. It helped renew my drive for this next week.

This too shall pass
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 09:59:23 PM »

Feythe has asked me to post his photos to his diary:

galaxystar
MMT Contributor

Credibility 30

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 01:35:15 AM »

Thank you for starting a diary Feythe. Your diary peaked my interest knowing there is now a new U.S cosmetic LL doctor. Leaving my young daughter to fly to a foregin country has always been the most difficult part for me.

You mention that the price is less than the other US doctors charge, but not nearly as cheap as places like Russia or Syria. I will PM you about the exact price.

What is your doctors LL experience and do you know the number of cosmetic cases he has performed? Your seven hour surgery is a little disconcerting for me. Despite that I'm sure you will have a smooth journey.

Feythe
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 51

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 01:56:18 AM »

He has performed many LL surgeries on the east coast but only about 20 for cosmetic reasons. i actually have a Link of them filming me if you want to privately look at it it involves the doctor giving his name who he is what he is about his experience his fellowship in LL along with a interview with myself and my mother. i am very nervous to post this on the website so if you are really interested in this please pm me and i can give u the first clip of many.

This too shall pass
Feythe
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 51

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 03:30:47 AM »

Shahab Mahboubian, DO, MPH
Orthopedic Surgery
Specializing in Limb Lengthening and
           Deformity Correction Surgery
www.HeightLengthening.com
 my doctors info please toss him a email he responds very fast.

This too shall pass
Feythe
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 51

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 05:25:10 AM »

This week was my birthday. i was little shocked when my mom surprised me by inviting a few of my close friends to come see me and have dinner with us. While nervous at first to show them my best friends who had been visiting me each week since the start of this had my back and no one really pushed asking the questions. Im pretty nervous that my right pin has a infection it hurts to bend and straighten my knee pretty bad. Ive been keening myself off pain meds gradually from what once was needed every 4 hours is only taken when i wake up and right before bed. I am taking 325mg of endocet (percocet) for the pain. the sleepless nights are killing me making me sick. although today i took a 3 hour nap which was amazing. i am distracting at 1mm a day. I have been asked by several in messages how many pin sites i have along with wires. I have 3 pin sites on each leg with 8 wires on each leg 4 wires up top 4 on the bottom. 1 pin near each ankle and 2 near my knee. the scaring from the initial surgery has faded very much theres a little mark that looks like a cross that you can see if you look close but other wise no. I am fairly dark skinned so that might have something to do with it. i have another appointment with my doctor Tuesday where we will take more xrays along with look at the pin although when i was taking antibiotics the pin site didnt hurt at all. he says he will probably start me back on them after examining it. It kinda feels like the pain radiates from that wire site (not a pin that i think is infected).  I clean my own pin sites each day with hydrogen peroxide and a saline solution. The doctor also has me showering daily. TO give a little more background about who i am as a person: I am extremely active. I wrestled all of high school and start of college. i was doing jiu jitsu 5 times a week prior to surgery along with running close to 30 miles a week. I love mountain biking  and im a California kid who loves going to the beach. Ive been a 4.0 student since attending my first 2 years of college. The doctor said i should be able to do all of these things again along with reaching 100% to where i was. I went out today with my step dad to the movies (they comped us free popcorn once they saw me = ] ) I am doing online classes right now at my college i can only do about 3-4 hours before i am mentally exhausted. for the first few weeks i couldnt read anything due to the pain meds. not being able to concentrate. the doctor linked me the entire video of my surgery tonight and i watched it and i was extremely freaked out. i had only see bits and pieces but after seeing what they really did to me i was in awe that our bodies as human beings can handle this. sometimes i have pain where the break is i found one of the fastest and easiest ways to negate this was to stick heat on the break. the pain instantly fades there. the majority of my pain comes just being uncomfortable or over doing my exercises each day. My personality has been pretty raw lately due to the lack of sleep. i keep finding myself having to catch myself so i dont get irritated with the people around me. So far im set to hit 2 inches september 9th and set to finish lengthening October 11th. All of this can change. I will have more x rays and pictures but i wanted to share a short clip that is a promo for the doctor and a quick interview with me please dont judge as i am really nervous about showing this. there are several other videos of me already but this is for the doctor and give a little bit about myself. the camera always seems to interview me after i have my blood drawn or when i am drugged prior to surgery =x so excuse my lackadaisical tone and mood. also heres a picture of us on my birthday celebrating. YOU CAN STILL HAVE FUN EVEN GOING THROUGH THIS the distraction is great. If there are any parents reading this i just wanted to let you know that this is a real challenge on you as well. prior to surgery i was living on my own . since then ive had to come home and my mom is forced to take me everywhere and on bad days she has to keep pushing me even when she knows that im in pain. before doing this make sure you can handle that and give your children time. I cant explain how thankful i am for my family to be supporting me through this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm6QD425RSw&feature=player_embedded i have more videos but im not sure if i want to share them or how people will react to them. there is  one interviewing my mom, more of me post surgery,  me in the hospital, my first 1inch mark with the doctor. thank you for reading my diary so far and im glad to respond to all the messages.

This too shall pass
yungchih69
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 03:09:05 AM »

Hi, dear my friend about the LL surgery....
How much did you pay for total?  (you can reply to my mail box) 
and what did it include?
Do they have gym in the hospital?
IF you are from out town or oversea to do the srugery there, how to deal the life?
Do you really need to insert the rod to your bone ?   or just the external frames are enough?
Thank you
Michael
chlor
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 08:04:19 AM »

Hey Feythe,

Do you know if your doctor allows people to visit the current patients during consultation?  I'm close by your hospital and thought it'd be convenient to come check it out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.