MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 06:49:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NOTE: To see all of our content, and to be able to read the diaries and discussions threads, you must be a member and you must be signed-in or they will not show up.

Sign-up now - it's free and you'll have full access to all of our world-leading resources!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feythe - External Tibias - Dr. Mahboubian - 2011 - Growin' Back to Cali!  (Read 34065 times)
Feythe
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 51

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 02:50:25 PM »

im not at the hospital im at home. i drive to see the doctor each week its pretty exhausting trip. if you wanted to come visit me in my home or at the doctors office i wouldnt mind but we need to talk first etc.

This too shall pass
Feythe
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 51

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 02:53:27 PM »

Hi, dear my friend about the LL surgery....
How much did you pay for total?  (you can reply to my mail box) 
and what did it include?
Do they have gym in the hospital?
IF you are from out town or oversea to do the surgery there, how to deal the life?
Do you really need to insert the rod to your bone ?   or just the external frames are enough?
Thank you
Michael
Hi michael. i would email the doctor to discuss pricing because i am sure everyone is different. as for my surgery i choose the LON procedure (insertion of the rod) because the external frames come off sooner and its a faster recovery. im not sure how being out of town or overseas would affect the life as i live in socal and just went home after my surgery. while in the hospital there was a physical therapy room but mainly they came to my room to get me walking. hope this helps and you have a  good day

This too shall pass
yungchih69
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 06:18:38 AM »

Hi michael. i would email the doctor to discuss pricing because i am sure everyone is different. as for my surgery i choose the LON procedure (insertion of the rod) because the external frames come off sooner and its a faster recovery. im not sure how being out of town or overseas would affect the life as i live in socal and just went home after my surgery. while in the hospital there was a physical therapy room but mainly they came to my room to get me walking. hope this helps and you have a  good day

hey man......I have a question

That you have to split the Patellar Tendon to insert the internal rod ,right?   Does that mean after we finish , we have to split again to take it out?
Feythe
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 51

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2011, 01:06:15 AM »

if there was one thing i learned the hard way its not to let your legs dangle while going through this. due to school and spending time in front of my computer ive had my legs down for several hours a day the past few days. finally my right leg locked up on me and has been going crazy with pain and unable to straighten it until a excruciating session with my physical therapist today. anyone doing this learn from me dont dangle your legs

This too shall pass
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2011, 02:09:49 PM »

if there was one thing i learned the hard way its not to let your legs dangle while going through this. due to school and spending time in front of my computer ive had my legs down for several hours a day the past few days. finally my right leg locked up on me and has been going crazy with pain and unable to straighten it until a excruciating session with my physical therapist today. anyone doing this learn from me dont dangle your legs
I didn't understand what you did and caused you so much pain.

Could you become more specific?

live strong
Feythe
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 51

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2011, 02:47:05 PM »

i have been sitting in my wheel chair with my legs dangling with no support off the edge. like you would sit in a school chair etc. it caused both my legs to refuse to go straight.

This too shall pass
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2011, 04:04:45 AM »

Hey Feythe, I'd just like to say that I totally feel with you on the whole "overcompensating because of my height" issue.  I'm a young guy like you (19 years old) so it makes me feel more comfortable knowing that you went through this dangerous of a surgery, and made it out with relatively no issues.  I guess this attests to your toughness my man! I mean I'm not white, I'm south asian born in the US, but it seems to me that everyone around us is at least 5'7 and it's annoying because to me if you're under that people don't take you as seriously.  I mean it's not fair, but it just seems like the way it the world is.  At least now we have an option to turn to what previous generations haven't had the chance to do in LL.  I'm gonna have to do my tibias in a country out of the United States just because of the fact i'm a college student, and as you can understand, don't have the most money in the world.  But over the summer and during the year I can save up 15 grand, and hopefully do LON or ISKD in India where I understand their language.  Hopefully one day when I'm working at a steady job, I'll be able to save up for Dr.  Mahboubian for my femurs (internally)

I just wanted to ask you, if you didn't mind, whether or not you're going to get a second surgery on your femurs? I mean it seems to me your tibia surgery went well and getting another femur surgery can put you at an average height of 5'8/5'9 which is pretty damn good.  It'll be like you were reborn.  I mean, I'm certainly guilty of measuring out books 4 inches high and seeing what the world looks like at 5'10 vs 5'6.  BTW if you could PM me about mahboubian's prices, I'd be really glad.  Why go all the way to a foreign country, when I could get my legs lengthened here?

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
DrShahab
LL Surgeon
MMT Member

Credibility 103

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2011, 01:46:08 AM »

Hello all,

I'm Dr.  Shahab Mahboubian and I performed Feythe's surgery for him.   He has been doing very well with his height lengthening procedure and I'm sure he will be very happy with the end result.

This surgery is certainly not for everyone who just wants to be taller.   One of the biggest obstacles is the price it costs to undergo such an extensive procedure.   For all of my patients, however, I do try to find a way to get insurance to cover the costs, but you would have to have a congenital problem or some kind of deformity in your legs to qualify.   The only way to know for sure is to come in for a consultation with me. 

If you are interested in following Feythe's story, you can see the initial part of his surgery on this link: www. youtube. com/watch?v=aTRYoyepmww

If you have further questions, please feel free to visit my web site: www. HeightLengthening. com

My office is located in North Hollywood, California.   To make an appointment, please call 818-755-6500.

Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2011, 11:52:57 PM »

Hey Feythe, it's been a long time since you've updated us. How are you doing?

Dr. Shabab -- Thank you for posting on this forum! It certainly means a lot! I do, however, have general questions to ask you:

Feythe has lengthened more than what many famous and well-respected surgeons in the United States would allow him to. Many orthopedic surgeons who perform the LL surgery recommend that a patient only lengthen one particular bone segment 5 cm total. 10 cm may be achieved by lengthening both the femurs and tibias. What made you believe that Feythe is a qualified candidate to lengthen beyond 5 cm on his tibia? After 5 cm is there not an increased probability of complications? Are the long term effects of long-term leg lengthening understood by Orthopedic surgeons?

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
Feythe
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 51

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2011, 07:20:10 PM »

hey arche ive been really busy with my classes. as for lengthening more than 5cm that is a question for dr mahboubian. he has been great through everything and if he allowed me to reach 7.5cm like i asked he did it knowing that i was a candidate and could achieve it. he has been very stern about not doing anymore than 7.5cm. hes been a really great doctor and if you need to ask and questions such as that i would advise contacting him. im not on the site very much or updating my experience here due to the fact that ive been keeping a personal one that helps me reflect on my experience. overall i am doing very well. i had some tightness in my feet preventing them from getting flat. it just took extra hard work and a little more physical therapy. the experience is one that i wont ever forget as it has made me grow and appreciate many things i took for granit and hey i got new legs out of it = )

This too shall pass
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2011, 08:58:03 PM »

Feythe, would you say that you are "fully" recovered now? I assume that you still have the nail inside your tibias. Can you walk without support? Can you run or job? Is it still painful, and do you find it hard to still sleep?

I am also wondering (because I plan on doing LL while still in college) if people in your college have noticed whether or not you're actually taller?

Neil
MMT Member

Credibility 1

going for the gold (5x),silver(4x), or bronze(3x)

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 11:28:22 AM »

hey, good job with the diary, and good luck with school.  it must be tough doing all the things you do, but it looks like you are on your way to finishing up soon Feythe.  Archie, do you plan on doing LL in the US, or are you thinking of India.  Also are think of LON or what Crazy+6 did?

Neil
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2011, 03:36:06 PM »

Neil -- I agree with Neil, Feythe is a true soldier! But you know it's really hard to know at this point. Saving up for India would be MUCH easier than saving up for the US. I could come up with 15,000 in 1.5 years, maybe even 20,000! However, for the US I would have to take on a loan. I'm already taking out college loans, so I wanna pay those back before even thinking about taking another loan. Ideally, I would like to get a job on wall street, so that it would be pretty easy to finance such a surgery. I think on this board, India could become the new serbia. I heard there are a few people who are getting their LL done with Dr. Amar Sarin, so we'll see what happens.

If I could try LON with the same doctors Crazy+6 had, that would be my number 1 option.

Neil
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2011, 01:46:51 PM »

Haha, thats so true about the loan thing.  I have some college loans and I'm really put off by even thinking about borrowing additional money.  I also wont start my career for a while, so the loans will just increase the longer I'm in school.  Factoring that with avoiding telling my parents or asking them for money will limit my options.  I am also looking to find a good viable option below 20,000 and I would prefer LON at the moment. 

Neil
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2011, 04:31:37 PM »

Neil, are you from the US?

Neil
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2011, 04:37:13 PM »

Hey man,
      Yea, I'm from the US. I don't have enough money to do it here, so I'm searching for a good foreign place to do it. Right now I am thinking about going to Dr. Sarin or go to Kurgan, Russia. What are your plans? 

Neil
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2011, 10:10:17 PM »

Neil - Hey man, I'm thinking about going to Sarin, but not until someone writes a good diary about him. I think Crazy+6 is gonna write a diary about getting his femurs done by Dr. Amar Sarin, and if his surgery goes well, I'll be inclined to maybe get my surgery done with him. I really wanna get this done before I'm done with college. I'm gonna have to take a semester off, hopefully after my Junior year. I'll have to graduate a semester late, but what can you do? I'll have no problem saving up 25,000 dollars by that time, and I'll take a loan for another 10,000 for Beijing if need be.

Feythe - How's your recovery so far? I bet by now, you probably have removed your frames! If you don't mind, could you show us a picture of your scarring?

Redemption
MMT Contributor

Credibility 11

Determination

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2012, 09:55:19 AM »

Hey Feythe I assume you are pretty well on in the stages of recovery by now. If you could update it'd be great. Hope your doing well.

,Redemption

"If I ever met Genetics, I would kick him in the nuts..."

Current height: 5'7/171cm Future height: 5'11/181cm

Wingspan: 178cm Sitting height: 95cm
Feythe
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 51

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2012, 04:24:22 AM »

hey everyone. i know its been awhile since ive posted as ive been enjoying my new found height to its fullest. Everything is going great and i am almost fully recovered. Being just a couple inches taller has made a huge difference in my life. Dr Mahboubian was great and i saw him about two weeks ago for the latest interviews etc. I just wanted to shout out to everyone on the MMT community for being able to provide so much information that allowed me to choose this path for my life. I would specially like to thank Mr. Tall who has been very supportive and always contacts me to see how i am doing. I apologize for not updating my journal as i have just been caught up and enjoying life. I kept a personal dairy for the whole process that i might one day share if i can get past my shyness  Cheesy. LL is an amazing process and while it is painful and very demanding it is also worth everything. Ill be checking this more often and answering more questions now that i am out of school. Sorry for the wait.

This too shall pass
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2012, 05:17:47 AM »

Hey thanks for this diary Feythe! I private messaged you. If you could look in your inbox, it would help out a lot!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.