MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 06:37:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT: If you're new to Leg Lengthening, then Click Here! to start with our FAQs section, which contains the answers to all of the most common questions! Please read these important FAQs before posting new questions!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feythe - External Tibias - Dr. Mahboubian - 2011 - Growin' Back to Cali!  (Read 34064 times)
Feythe
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 51

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2012, 02:36:26 PM »

i got it. hopefully it helps

This too shall pass
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

Current height 171.5cm (5'7.5")

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2012, 06:23:15 PM »

Congratulations on your accomplishment man! So you are what 5'8" now? How does it feel comparatively? Your family seems very supportive and a common subject on this forum amongst future LL patients is that of telling friends and family about LL and how they will react. Does your family treat you any different? How about your friends? And have you noticed any difference in how people treat you or look at you when you are out in public?

" Whatever you want, you shall have. Whatever you search for, you shall find ".
roadwarrior
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2013, 02:54:37 AM »

Congrats with your new height Feythe!

Starting height:172.7 cm
Goal: 185.5 cm
A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. Lao Tzu
ElysianEagle
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2013, 06:22:55 PM »

hi feythe! your newfound height must feel awesome!

i'm a 29 yr old male also seriously considering getting this done, externally, looking for roughly a 3 inch gain.  i'm currently 5'6".  on the other sub-forum where it has the details on the recommended LL doctors, for dr.  mahboubian it lists the price as $45000 for external fixation.  is this true?

also, in my readings of various reports, i came across one (for dr.  xia in china) where the patient mentioned they had to insert a cath during or after the surgery for some period of time.  did you have to have this as well?
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2013, 08:52:41 AM »

hi feythe! your newfound height must feel awesome!

i'm a 29 yr old male also seriously considering getting this done, externally, looking for roughly a 3 inch gain.  i'm currently 5'6".  on the other sub-forum where it has the details on the recommended LL doctors, for dr.  mahboubian it lists the price as $45000 for external fixation.  is this true?

also, in my readings of various reports, i came across one (for dr.  xia in china) where the patient mentioned they had to insert a cath during or after the surgery for some period of time.  did you have to have this as well?

In my opinion worrying about Cath insertion is like worrying about a drip or general anesthesia (and what happens when you are under general anesthesia) worrying about those things is worrying about the wrong things & worrying too much in my opinion. However, I suppose, it is good to be aware of these things.

$45 K in USA. No, I think the costs just add up and saying just $45 K is misleading - just my opinion.
ElysianEagle
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2013, 10:48:04 PM »

Quote from: a1_z1 link=topic=4034. msg78459#msg78459 date=1364287961
$45 K in USA.  No, I think the costs just add up and saying just $45 K is misleading - just my opinion.

i'm inclined to agree.  i read the website and it says they discharge you after 2 days and the $45k only includes the cost of surgery and a day or so worth of physical therapy.  after that you still have to pay for PT every day for 3 - 4 months at least, which could bring the total cost to well around $60k or so.
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2013, 12:04:23 PM »

i'm inclined to agree.  i read the website and it says they discharge you after 2 days and the $45k only includes the cost of surgery and a day or so worth of physical therapy.  after that you still have to pay for PT every day for 3 - 4 months at least, which could bring the total cost to well around $60k or so.

Yeah $100 k to $120 is more correct figure in USA. The strange things is that no one seems to be able to give you an exact figure (even doctors). I suppose there are things like , financial hardship (after surgery that is ) that might able you to get some type of assistance.....so I think it is hard give an exact number anyway.
From my research $100 to $120 is the upper limit, worst case scenario.
wannabe5i9
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2013, 02:43:26 AM »

so I'm new to this but have reading for a while and currently live in the US.  Within the price you gave, is Pt as much as the cost of the surgery that brings the price up to that amount? for Ex: cost of Surgery($50,000)+Pt 5 months($30,000)= Total ($70,000) (+) Complications if applied ($30,000).  Just wanna be clear
ElysianEagle
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2013, 03:40:22 AM »

Quote from: wannabe5i9 link=topic=4034. msg80007#msg80007 date=1366685006
so I'm new to this but have reading for a while and currently live in the US.   Within the price you gave, is Pt as much as the cost of the surgery that brings the price up to that amount? for Ex: cost of Surgery($50,000)+Pt 5 months($30,000)= Total ($70,000) (+) Complications if applied ($30,000).   Just wanna be clear

yes, that's my understanding as well.  altho the cost of surgery varies from 45k to 69k depending on whether you're goin with external fixators or the PRECISE system.
wannabe5i9
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2013, 03:49:27 AM »

thanks, Im terrified of getting a surgery like this in a foreign country in case anything may go wrong, and i have no physical support.  At home on the U. S i would have physical support with friends and family if anything were to go wrong i could get help on my behalf.  My only question im wondering is the price difference; is worth the worry or should i just grow some balls and go to India.  Most difficult decision of my life, more worry some than buying a houses.  lol
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2013, 03:53:27 PM »

yes, that's my understanding as well.  altho the cost of surgery varies from 45k to 69k depending on whether you're goin with external fixators or the PRECISE system.

I think it is about 90K without complications for Precicie. The months of stay at 'home' - doctors visits every 2 weeks or so, supporting medications, injections, PT  etc etc
Need2BTaller
MMT Contributor

Credibility 14

So you think I'm short do you!?!?!?!!

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2013, 04:14:48 PM »

I think it is about 90K without complications for Precicie. The months of stay at 'home' - doctors visits every 2 weeks or so, supporting medications, injections, PT  etc etc

It can be totally way less than that if you have your insurance to cover those extra expenses for you. 

Height: 168cm
Wingspan: 176cm
Goal: 175-176cm
Date: 2014-2015
Place of Surgery: TBD
Type: TBD

Tall like a 3rd grader.
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2013, 08:47:54 PM »

It can be totally way less than that if you have your insurance to cover those extra expenses for you. 

I have heard that.
Ok so please tell me IF insurance does cover it - what does the total come out to be and what all does it include ? Thank you
Need2BTaller
MMT Contributor

Credibility 14

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2013, 11:14:48 PM »

I have heard that.
Ok so please tell me IF insurance does cover it - what does the total come out to be and what all does it include ? Thank you

Can't really say, it depends on your insurance provider.  I know for my private insurance, everything that is necessary for LL post op type care is covered: Labs, X-rays, Doctor visits,  Medications, PT (you are given an allowance as to how many times a week), and I believe insurance also pays for DME certified equipments such as wheel chairs, crutches, or any medical assistive devices.    It varies on the type of insurance you have, but in my opinion, It's best if you have an insurance that covers 90%-100% of your medical bills. 

Tall like a 3rd grader.
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2013, 11:57:36 PM »

Can't really say, it depends on your insurance provider.  I know for my private insurance, everything that is necessary for LL post op type care is covered: Labs, X-rays, Doctor visits,  Medications, PT (you are given an allowance as to how many times a week), and I believe insurance also pays for DME certified equipments such as wheel chairs, crutches, or any medical assistive devices.    It varies on the type of insurance you have, but in my opinion, It's best if you have an insurance that covers 90%-100% of your medical bills. 

So I am assuming you will be getting LL in USA ?
Need2BTaller
MMT Contributor

Credibility 14

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2013, 02:14:21 AM »

So I am assuming you will be getting LL in USA ?

If I choose to stay in the U.S. it'll probably take me about 1.5-2 years to save up and forego with the procedure.  My other option is to travel outside of the country and do an internals with a reputable doctor and come back home and finish the lengthening phase.

Tall like a 3rd grader.
wannabe5i9
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2013, 04:51:44 PM »

thanks for all the info alz1 and needs to be taller, now i need to find out what public insurance or if i can get my hands on a private insurance that would lower the costs for the necessities.  alz1 i heard that with the pins during lengthening.  after the pin removal the pins fill up with scar tissue and would be mildly numb for life.  because of the pins.  with the precise i wonder if; since theres no pins, i shouldn't have a problem of numbness.  i don't know if i heard right or explained it right.  is this true alz1?
Tushar_LL
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2013, 08:03:40 AM »

Quote from: ElysianEagle link=topic=4034.   msg80009#msg80009 date=1366688422
yes, that's my understanding as well.     altho the cost of surgery varies from 45k to 69k depending on whether you're goin with external fixators or the PRECISE system.   

hi feythe.   .   .   .  

I have seen all your videos on youtube andyour struggle to be taller .   .   .   .   .   .   it was amazing and aspirning.   .   .   .   .   .   your interaction with Dr Mahboubian  was also in that video.   .   .   .   .   .   .  can you help me  . . . i want to do LL ( external) .   .   .   .   .   can you give me time(months) required for say  6.   5cms as per your experience and knowledge.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   was there any severe pain associated with your lengthning. . . . . please Help!!! Huh?

weight-67kg
height-5'8
want-5.  11
ethnicity- India
want-8 cm
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

Current height 171.5cm (5'7.5")

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2013, 03:36:04 PM »

hi feythe.   .   .   .  

I have seen all your videos on youtube andyour struggle to be taller .   .   .   .   .   .   it was amazing and aspirning.   .   .   .   .   .   your interaction with Dr Mahboubian  was also in that video.   .   .   .   .   .   .  can you help me  . . . i want to do LL ( external) .   .   .   .   .   can you give me time(months) required for say  6.   5cms as per your experience and knowledge.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   was there any severe pain associated with your lengthning. . . . . please Help!!! Huh?

He is not checking this forum anymore. Read Tall's diary on his tibia surgery. All your questions will be answered.

" Whatever you want, you shall have. Whatever you search for, you shall find ".
Tushar_LL
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2013, 06:44:37 PM »

Quote from: 6ftby2014 link=topic=4034. msg80486#msg80486 date=1367595364
He is not checking this forum anymore.  Read Tall's diary on his tibia surgery.  All your questions will be answered.

Well thanks 6ftby2014. . . . !!!! :)

weight-67kg
height-5'8
want-5.  11
ethnicity- India
want-8 cm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.