MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 01:41:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roc - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2011 - Beijing Baby!  (Read 144728 times)
Roc
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 107

« Reply #340 on: July 17, 2012, 12:52:02 AM »

Hey guys

Ronne just emailed me back yesterday and it's a go for the surgery.

I've scheduled it for this coming Friday

@luffy: I still have some ballerina after I wake up but a minute of standing or two seems to be enough stretching. Though whenever I sit down for prolonged times (like a 2 hour car ride for example), it tends to come back. Nothing big. You just can't stand and walk normally immediately. What I do is I stand and act like I'm stretching my back lol

@deus ex: nope my bone hasn't fully consolidated yet but the screw needs to be removed. The blood markers i kept on getting were very "inconsistent" (doc's words). It would show signs bordering on infection but it wasn't really infected, etc.

Regarding the surgery itself, my doc and Ronne mentioned something about the lone screw being able to support the weight since my bone has consolidted enough (lucky for me yay) so the removal of the affected one shouldn't be a problem. In other words, no replacement; just the old "simple cut in and remove irritant screw" routine

@earl25: hey earl. Personally, given my timeframe there (I was just out of college), I would've stayed there till my bone had fully consolidated. No rods no nothing; just old school frames and then after the lengthening, wait it out. Why? The frames are much, much stronger than the rods and with them still on, you can do any kind of correction you would want done as opposed to the rods; when they go in, that's that.

Hey that's "my" 2 cents. I know not a lot of people can afford (talking about time, not money) to stay that long

Will update this after suegery and shiz

Roc *squawk squawk*
Ilike8cm
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 61

« Reply #341 on: July 17, 2012, 02:52:34 PM »

Best of luck this Friday!

livin'
earl25
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #342 on: July 17, 2012, 02:53:05 PM »

But if you stay the whole time in Beijing wouldn't the cost add and then Beijing would cost the same as Betz or dr m in the USA?
Roc
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 107

« Reply #343 on: July 18, 2012, 05:31:14 AM »

Best of luck this Friday!

Thanks Ilike8cm

But if you stay the whole time in Beijing wouldn't the cost add and then Beijing would cost the same as Betz or dr m in the USA?

I really haven't done the math but probably, though you forget, in china you're surrounded by doctors and nurses 24/7, not to mention the support group of other patients.

You lie in bed the whole day, doing your own stuff while chefs and maid's bring your food, wash your clothes, handle your groceries, etc.

Now it's really up to you but I'm just saying, in my case, would've rather stayed.

Cheers People of the Bone

*squawk*
Tall4all
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #344 on: July 20, 2012, 05:57:37 AM »

Hey Roc bro. i hope everything is okay and your surgery goes well and you have no other problems. It must suck going back and more infections =/. take care and good luck.
Roc
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 107

« Reply #345 on: July 22, 2012, 01:26:34 PM »

Thanks tall4all

Again in a hurry so short and sweet

Surgery done and i feel okay.

To cut it short, I now have my right lower screw missing (I have an X-ray but it's such a pain posting photos here. Wish you could just upload stuff and not have to link it to some photo sharing site haha)

I'll "maybe" post it when I don't feel so lazy though truth be told, just imagine the usual X-rays you see with rods minus the screw

Still some pain but that's cause of the wound. Feels awesome that the screw is out. Doc said when he opened me up, the scar tissues that developed around the screw site started hitting the nerves- that was the cause of the pain and swelling / inflammation.

there ya go, just a quick update. Now I have to do my own stuff. Back to the real world people

Cheers!
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #346 on: July 22, 2012, 01:59:27 PM »

Thanks for the update! God speed my friend!  Wink

171.5cm
earl25
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #347 on: August 08, 2012, 12:50:13 AM »

Hey guys

Ronne just emailed me back yesterday and it's a go for the surgery.

I've scheduled it for this coming Friday

@luffy: I still have some ballerina after I wake up but a minute of standing or two seems to be enough stretching. Though whenever I sit down for prolonged times (like a 2 hour car ride for example), it tends to come back. Nothing big. You just can't stand and walk normally immediately. What I do is I stand and act like I'm stretching my back lol

@deus ex: nope my bone hasn't fully consolidated yet but the screw needs to be removed. The blood markers i kept on getting were very "inconsistent" (doc's words). It would show signs bordering on infection but it wasn't really infected, etc.

Regarding the surgery itself, my doc and Ronne mentioned something about the lone screw being able to support the weight since my bone has consolidted enough (lucky for me yay) so the removal of the affected one shouldn't be a problem. In other words, no replacement; just the old "simple cut in and remove irritant screw" routine

@earl25: hey earl. Personally, given my timeframe there (I was just out of college), I would've stayed there till my bone had fully consolidated. No rods no nothing; just old school frames and then after the lengthening, wait it out. Why? The frames are much, much stronger than the rods and with them still on, you can do any kind of correction you would want done as opposed to the rods; when they go in, that's that.

Hey that's "my" 2 cents. I know not a lot of people can afford (talking about time, not money) to stay that long

Will update this after suegery and shiz

Roc *squawk squawk*

But if you did that with no rod wouldnt bone popping like ilike is getting be a major issue. how would they correct it if you wemt with external only for like a year.
cimob
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #348 on: August 30, 2012, 02:51:13 AM »

Hi Roc,

Thanks for the great diary! I have a question:

Did you get calf hypertrophy with LL? Do you know if it is permanent? My calves are much thinner than my thighs and so I would appreciate the extra muscle in the calves.

Thanks!
jd90210
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #349 on: October 09, 2012, 12:59:41 AM »

Quote from: cimob link=topic=4141. msg64090#msg64090 date=1346295073
Hi Roc,

Thanks for the great diary! I have a question:

Did you get calf hypertrophy with LL? Do you know if it is permanent? My calves are much thinner than my thighs and so I would appreciate the extra muscle in the calves. 

Thanks!

I'm not sure where the idea comes from that LL on tibias can cause calf hypertrophy.   You are more likely to get the opposite.   First, humans lose a huge amount of muscle mass in a short period of time; even being bedridden for as little as seven days can cause significant muscle atrophy, so you can imagine what six months of lying in a bed 23 hours a day can do for you.   Second, during lengthening your calves are of course being stretched lengthwise so they will (all things being equal) reduce in diameter.
In my own experience, since my LL my calves have returned to probably 80% of their former size.   It's difficult to say, because it's difficult to remember.
kentonite
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #350 on: October 29, 2012, 03:55:33 AM »

Grin WOW i've read the whole 18 pages over 2 days !!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA.  i got to say this journal is very interesting like how roc introduces new characters like the kid with the PS3.  Roc did u happen to play COD with your friends at beijing? great time killer wouldn't it be.  And thanks everyone for telling me how it is getting leg lengthening.  I know it is a excruciating process but from what i've read all you guys seem like awesome people and it makes me feel that i won't be journeying alone if i decide to do LL  :-X . 
O yea one question.  if i do LL will i be able to lift weights afterwards because i want to get an awesome body.
Roc
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 107

« Reply #351 on: October 25, 2013, 09:49:32 AM »

Hi guys, long time no check in. It's been some time since my experience and to answer just a few questions:

I've heard of calf hypertrophy but personally haven't experienced it. I have chicken legs now so that's sad.

Regarding lifting weights, yeah of course. Avoid putting undue stress to your legs though; I think I slightly bowed my legs by simply walking too soon.

Lastly, I'm going to visit back soon. I cant seem to reach Ronne though, anybody have her number?

Cheers guys and to everybody in Beijing right now, ill see you soon!
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #352 on: October 25, 2013, 12:08:17 PM »

No - give us a real update!!

Can you run, jump? Stretch problems? Ballerina? Pain? Ache? Fully flexible as one should or do you even care?

How much can you pull your feet up?

At what percentage do you believe your back at as you were before?

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
Roc
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 107

« Reply #353 on: October 26, 2013, 12:41:20 AM »

Chill man, don't get your panties up in a bunch hahaha.

Im provably around 70%

I could be wrong but I have this fear that running might bow my legs. Don't know if my bones have fully healed yet. really need ronne's number here.... after my check up then ill update!

Been busy guys. After this, life just goes on. I think my friends know something but hey, aside from a trusted few, let them think eh? I'm using my phone to update. It's really tiresome. Im also working so not in the mood.  Grin

As a final note for now to those curious, of course I'm happy with my new height
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #354 on: October 27, 2013, 02:30:02 AM »

Ronnie number: 0086-13621226277

86 is China code.
Eric.Donovan
Lurker

Credibility 0

I wish I didn't have to do this

« Reply #355 on: November 28, 2013, 01:20:51 AM »

Hi, I'm new here and I'm testing the messaging system. . .  also Dr.  Xia doesn't seem to be answering my emails? Does anyone maybe know why?
Tall4all
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #356 on: December 03, 2013, 05:57:42 AM »

Hey Roc! Hows it going. I havent been on here lately but i got your pm. Let me know when you come nyc. We can defianttly hang out! Btw hows life back? And is it possible to to have your legs bowed?;,scaring me =x Btw for anyone else wantign to know aftermath I can pretty much play basketball and run atm after lengthening about 10cm about the same time Roc was done. Idk if i should be doing that but ahh i already started lol. No problems I feel the same i did before i did the surgery except that my right foot toes seem to ache at times. Anyways i want to lengthen more lol but maybe one day when i am wealthy lol. Anyways Roc pm me your email.
GOD BLESS=]
Va_ller
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #357 on: December 17, 2013, 02:38:57 PM »

Quote from: Eric. Donovan link=topic=4141. msg89675#msg89675 date=1385601651
Hi, I'm new here and I'm testing the messaging system.  .  .   also Dr.   Xia doesn't seem to be answering my emails? Does anyone maybe know why?

Eric, I too messaged Dr.  Xia and received no response.   Frustrating. . . as he is the only doctor on the recommended list with an affordable price.
Deus Ex
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 114

« Reply #358 on: December 18, 2013, 10:21:06 AM »

Eric, I too messaged Dr.  Xia and received no response.   Frustrating. . . as he is the only doctor on the recommended list with an affordable price.

For international enquiries, you should email Ronne: leglengthening@aliyun.com
Deus Ex
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 114

« Reply #359 on: December 18, 2013, 10:23:22 AM »

Hey Roc! Hows it going. I havent been on here lately but i got your pm. Let me know when you come nyc. We can defianttly hang out! Btw hows life back? And is it possible to to have your legs bowed?;,scaring me =x Btw for anyone else wantign to know aftermath I can pretty much play basketball and run atm after lengthening about 10cm about the same time Roc was done. Idk if i should be doing that but ahh i already started lol. No problems I feel the same i did before i did the surgery except that my right foot toes seem to ache at times. Anyways i want to lengthen more lol but maybe one day when i am wealthy lol. Anyways Roc pm me your email.
GOD BLESS=]

Crazy man. I still try not to put pressure on my rods, so I don't even jog, let alone play basketball and all that haha. Glad to hear you're doing well.

I hope I can take my rods out soon. Will take an X-ray soon Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.