MMT Community
February 22, 2019, 10:11:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is the leading site for the discussion of Leg Lengthening on the Internet. Join now - the more contribute, the more you will benefit from being part of our community. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simon - Internal Femurs - Dr. Guichet - 2011 - The best choice of my life  (Read 58323 times)
simons
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 43

« on: October 02, 2011, 11:43:37 AM »

Hello,
I'm sorry cause I'm a bit late here because of I discovered this board AFTER my surgery.

Lets start with the story.

The beginning
I had my first consultation with Dr.  Guichet in Milan (I'm Italian) in late February 2011.  I was there with my mother.  The consultation costs 300 euros but it worths every single cent.  In fact Dr Guichet explained every single details and every single step of his lengthening procedure.  He wasn't trying to "sell" him but he was totally realistic about everything.  I appreciated it really much.  He toke my measures and we agreed about starting training the next week.  He also gave me a paper with all details about every aspect of surgery and pre/post operation.

Training
I had two big sessions of training: 4 months of training in Italy (form March to June 2011) and 1 month of intensive training in Marseille at "Set Squash" gym.  Dr Guichet was crystal clear: "more pain you have before the operation, less pain you'll have after".  With "pain beforeW he meant "efforts put into training exercises".  Four months of training in Italy made me gain 1,5cm of circumference to my legs while after one month in Marseille I gained 3 cm more.  It means a total of 4,5 cm more.  As I told to each "future patient" I met in Marseille, I strongly suggest to spend one month or more in  Marseille to do training there.  The trainers are fantastic.  They are supervised by Serge Coneza, a trainer who works for Olympic Marseille, and they know their stuff.  They are specialized in preparing people for this kind of surgery so they know exactly the exercises you need to do.  The trainer aren't just there to help in your preparation but they also motivate you and encourage you giving more and more.

I'll add more chapters of my story today later.
antoky
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 01:29:12 PM »

Glad for your achievement, Simon!
I'm waiting for more particulars about your journey to a new "you". 
I'm Italian and I am already in contact with Dr.  Guichet for LL, which I planned to perform in June 2013 (professional problems).  Before I ask you some questions, I will wait for your next posts that maybe will be already enough to explain what I need to know.
Complments on your effort again

for a better everyday life
antoky
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 02:45:12 PM »

. . . and many many thanks to you for deciding to share your experience with us all!

for a better everyday life
Lex
MMT Contributor

Credibility 5

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 04:25:46 PM »

Hello,
I'm sorry cause I'm a bit late here because of I discovered this board AFTER my surgery.

Lets start with the story.

The beginning
I had my first consultation with Dr.  Guichet in Milan (I'm Italian) in late February 2011.  I was there with my mother.  The consultation costs 300 euros but it worths every single cent.  In fact Dr Guichet explained every single details and every single step of his lengthening procedure.  He wasn't trying to "sell" him but he was totally realistic about everything.  I appreciated it really much.  He toke my measures and we agreed about starting training the next week.  He also gave me a paper with all details about every aspect of surgery and pre/post operation.

Training
I had two big sessions of training: 4 months of training in Italy (form March to June 2011) and 1 month of intensive training in Marseille at "Set Squash" gym.  Dr Guichet was crystal clear: "more pain you have before the operation, less pain you'll have after".  With "pain beforeW he meant "efforts put into training exercises".  Four months of training in Italy made me gain 1,5cm of circumference to my legs while after one month in Marseille I gained 3 cm more.  It means a total of 4,5 cm more.  As I told to each "future patient" I met in Marseille, I strongly suggest to spend one month or more in  Marseille to do training there.  The trainers are fantastic.  They are supervised by Serge Coneza, a trainer who works for Olympic Marseille, and they know their stuff.  They are specialized in preparing people for this kind of surgery so they know exactly the exercises you need to do.  The trainer aren't just there to help in your preparation but they also motivate you and encourage you giving more and more.

I'll add more chapters of my story today later.

How much was the cost of training exercises ... per day?
Shortlegs
MMT Contributor

Credibility 6

Hmm, how to get taller?

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 05:43:54 PM »

Hey Simon,
So what you meant is that after the surgery, you got another 2 inches naturally by training? How old are you? this sound amazing.
nsd_second
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 06:58:44 PM »

Hey Simon,
So what you meant is that after the surgery, you got another 2 inches naturally by training? How old are you? this sound amazing.

he didn't say that. he said he got some inches in muscle diamater on his legs. Guichet would have lost his job if his trainers could make his patients taller  Wink
simons
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 43

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 09:19:45 PM »

Quote from: Lex link=topic=4179. msg48075#msg48075 date=1317572746
How much was the cost of training exercises . . .  per day?

1800 / 24 sessions = 75 euros (2 hours of traning) . . . .  34 euros / hour is nothing.  A personal trainer in Italy asked me 60 euros / hour.
simons
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 43

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 09:21:48 PM »

Quote from: Shortlegs link=topic=4179. msg48078#msg48078 date=1317577434
Hey Simon,

Circumference.
TallManComing
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 10:49:18 PM »

Is this is a requirement by Guichet? I've been a personal trainer for 6 years and would never pay for personal training.
Shortlegs
MMT Contributor

Credibility 6

Hmm, how to get taller?

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 12:33:43 AM »

Circumference.
ok my eng is bad. Cheesy thanks for the explanation.
simons
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 43

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 12:54:32 AM »

Quote from: TallManComing link=topic=4179. msg48086#msg48086 date=1317595758
Is this is a requirement by Guichet? I've been a personal trainer for 6 years and would never pay for personal training.

Nope, it's not the training in Marseille isn't required.  I was strongly suggested to do training there and I say "thank you" every day to Dr Guichet to have suggested me to use this personal trainer.  I think that because of my good preparation I've never had any pain after the surgery (I'll explain better in the next chapters of my diary).
simons
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 43

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 12:55:30 AM »

Quote from: Shortlegs link=topic=4179. msg48087#msg48087 date=1317602023
ok my eng is bad.  :D thanks for the explanation.

Don't worry.  I'm here to answer all questions as well after all!  :)
chlor
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 03:30:02 AM »

Hi Simon,  you say you had no post-op pain, but how was your sleeping?  Did you feel no discomfort at all at night? 
Kidrobot
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 05:38:29 AM »

Amazing Simon, please, please give us a detailed account of your experience as well as your beginning height, amount lengthened, your age, any other advice and experiences --this is really encouraging and helpful! So thank you for getting this started!!! And congratulations!
simons
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 43

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 07:04:26 AM »

Hi Simon,  you say you had no post-op pain, but how was your sleeping?  Did you feel no discomfort at all at night? 

Well... I have to be honest, how I sleep during night is totally random. Two days ago I had a wonderful night but yesterday I couldn't sleep well. The reasons are two: I'm living in my studio in the ground floor of my house because it's safe for me avoid stairs. In this studio I haven't AC and here it's hottest September/October of the last 150 years. I feel my muscle a bit tense. Call me weird but I do stretching even over the night.
simons
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 43

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 07:08:48 AM »

Amazing Simon, please, please give us a detailed account of your experience as well as your beginning height, amount lengthened, your age, any other advice and experiences --this is really encouraging and helpful! So thank you for getting this started!!! And congratulations!

Yes, damn.. sorry if I missed that in my first post. I'm 25yo and I used to be 169,9 cm. Dr Guichet ensured me about 7cm but I worked hard to reach 9 cm. He told me "will see"... I hope! At present I've gained 5.12 cm (I did my clicking session 15 minutes ago).
ninonino
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 08:34:03 AM »

Hi Simon I m french guy and 50% Italian like you (Sicilian)exactly.I m 164cm and 32 years old,I will do my surgery in January 2012 with guichet ,I do bodybuilding to prepare my legs,so,in your opinion wath is the most important in ll?flexibility ,power in legs ,massive muscle legs ?,I already do the first cybex test Wich was excellent but my flexibility is a little bad,but I can touch the ground with my hands I have to work my fascia latta again,can you tell me in how many time you did 5,12cm?and wath is the worse thing for you in ll?grazie Mille. Arrivederci
simons
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 43

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 08:48:14 AM »

Hi Simon I m french guy and 50% Italian like you (Sicilian)exactly.I m 164cm and 32 years old,I will do my surgery in January 2012 with guichet ,I do bodybuilding to prepare my legs,so,in your opinion wath is the most important in ll?flexibility ,power in legs ,massive muscle legs ?,I already do the first cybex test Wich was excellent but my flexibility is a little bad,but I can touch the ground with my hands I have to work my fascia latta again,can you tell me in how many time you did 5,12cm?and wath is the worse thing for you in ll?grazie Mille. Arrivederci

Flexibility allows you to gain more cm. The first time I met Dr Guichet I had 70 flexibility of my legs... after 5 months of stretching I had 118-120. So it's totally doable.
Muscles are good to avoid pain. I lost 10 cm of circumference after the surgery (I measured my legs yesterday)... but I gained 5-6 cm before the operation. So my real loss is 4 cm. It makes me having NO PAIN AT ALL. I've gained 5,12 cm in 33 days.
around7
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 16

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 03:08:48 PM »

5,12 cm in 33 days?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh? Is it right? How much was your gap after surgery? If you do 1mm per day, it is 1cm each 10 days, so 30 days makes 3 cm...
simons
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 43

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 04:18:42 PM »

5,12 cm in 33 days?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh? Is it right? How much was your gap after surgery? If you do 1mm per day, it is 1cm each 10 days, so 30 days makes 3 cm...

150 clicks during surgery = 1 cm

Then some days at 21 daily clicks, some other days at 15 daily clicks and now I do 12 daily clicks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.