MMT Community
February 23, 2019, 11:28:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS! Please make sure that you only post general questions on the 'General Questions' board or you'll get a lot of flames - and make sure you read the FAQs and DIARIES first Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simon - Internal Femurs - Dr. Guichet - 2011 - The best choice of my life  (Read 58357 times)
PerfectBreak
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2011, 03:30:31 PM »

9cm is insane, it also looks like a BIG gap on the last x-ray. I will follow your diary and see how you recover. I'm sure you will do great! Best of luck.
condor
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2012, 05:26:21 PM »

Not quite sure how come such a lively, hugely motivating, adrenaline rushing thread got stopped for some reason. Not sure what's simon current status. Were you able to click upto 9cm or you even went beyond? How had the consolation phase been? How the walking etc.

Condor-
Transformer
MMT Contributor

Credibility 9

« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2012, 02:55:40 PM »

Does anyone else get the feeling that this simon diary is a fake? Everything he writes sounds too good to be true.  No pain, clicking along smooth with speed like it's cake.  Sounds like someone is trying to promote Guichet.

Just my thought
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

Current height 171.5cm (5'7.5")

« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2012, 04:09:10 PM »

Doubt it, he is probably just moving on with his life.

" Whatever you want, you shall have. Whatever you search for, you shall find ".
simons
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 43

« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2012, 11:44:14 AM »

Does anyone else get the feeling that this simon diary is a fake? Everything he writes sounds too good to be true.  No pain, clicking along smooth with speed like it's cake.  Sounds like someone is trying to promote Guichet.

Just my thought

Yes, I'm a fake. I find really disgusting that people are so incredulous when they see that something "impossible" to their eyes goes smoothly for other ppl.
I didn't post anymore cause I've been busy running, jumping and playing tennis (I'm not so good at it as I used to be).
Due to a fantastic consolidation I've gained "just" 8 cm. Time to think about my tibia? Who knows  Grin
Transformer
MMT Contributor

Credibility 9

« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2012, 03:59:02 PM »

My comment worked, it brought you back from the dead  Cheesy It's good to hear from you. Congrats on your achievement, so your about 178 cm right now? That's a damn good height. When do you plan on doing tibias and what height do you want to reach?

Transformer
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2012, 09:14:51 PM »

Great to hear that you are doing so fantastic Simon. It's awesome to hear people like you come back and post updates even though you are moving on with your life.

I doubt Transformer meant anything derogatory .... he's a good guy. Grin

Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2012, 12:40:09 AM »

Yes, I'm a fake. I find really disgusting that people are so incredulous when they see that something "impossible" to their eyes goes smoothly for other ppl.
I didn't post anymore cause I've been busy running, jumping and playing tennis (I'm not so good at it as I used to be).
Due to a fantastic consolidation I've gained "just" 8 cm. Time to think about my tibia? Who knows  Grin

Did you say tibia surgery? A second LL...NOW YOU'RE TALKING!

171.5cm
The Mdragon
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2012, 07:37:30 PM »

Things are getting pretty interesting..;-)..
kneehowguys
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2012, 05:01:42 PM »

What specific exercises and training did you do before the surgery and what would recommend to others?
simons
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 43

« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2012, 05:32:49 PM »

What specific exercises and training did you do before the surgery and what would recommend to others?

I think that all kind of exercises to increase muscles are good but squat is the best one for sure.
kneehowguys
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2012, 06:02:45 PM »

This is

a bit confusing to me really

because most LLer's I've read from in the past stopped weight training for their legs, and it sounded like muscular legs are worse for leg lengthening. Some of the accounts from short muscular peoples's diaries sound really horrific in terms of the pain they endured, and Apotheosis noted that he specifically stopped weight training for his legs a year before the operation.

You just did squats? I mean there are basic hamstring/quad/glute/IT band/hip flexor stretches but it sounds like you did some very specific things if you recommend training with the professional trainers for 1 month at least.

This is relevant to most of us. This guy on Guichet's website trained for two years before the operation including 6 months with the professionals, and the narrator is amazed by how well the lengthening is going: http://www.leglengtheningclinic.com/#!procedure
simons
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 43

« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2012, 08:28:07 PM »

This is

because most LLer's I've read from in the past stopped weight training for their legs, and it sounded like muscular legs are worse for leg lengthening. Some of the accounts from short muscular peoples's diaries sound really horrific in terms of the pain they endured, and Apotheosis noted that he specifically stopped weight training for his legs a year before the operation.

You just did squats? I mean there are basic hamstring/quad/glute/IT band/hip flexor stretches but it sounds like you did some very specific things if you recommend training with the professional trainers for 1 month at least.

This is relevant to most of us. This guy on Guichet's website trained for two years before the operation including 6 months with the professionals, and the narrator is amazed by how well the lengthening is going: http://www.leglengtheningclinic.com/#!procedure

We are human not machines, everyone is different than the other ppl so it means that a "golden rule" doesn't exist. I had a very good muscular structure even before start training myself at home so muscles weren't a problem. Yes, I preferred increasing the size and the result was quite amazing in term of pain.
llanivic13
MMT Member

Credibility 20

« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2012, 12:37:21 AM »

This is

I,ll chip in here bcs I am currently going through the prep process that Dr Guichet requires.

There are two important criteria that Guichet requires a patient to follow if they want to be a Successful patient in his view.

These being:

1 having good strong healthy legs which will help you during the post op period.......which stands to reason. Healthy legs means healthy open blood vessels etc which should be the optimum state the body should be in to HELP the patient get through it.

2 optimum flexibility which again will help the patient achieve his goals. In other words if you want 3.5 inches don't be deceived by thinking you will get it that easily without being flexible.

Both make sense to me if you don't want to be disappointed when you are lengthening.

Now to the question everybody asks and I did as well before I started on this journey.

1 flexibility.......here there is a yardstick to go by. That is at least 100 degrees on the SLR test. If you get more even better.....it will mean if you want 3.5 inches you should in theory get it......and maybe even more.

2 muscles growth ............the yardstick for the muscle test is the results of the first isokinetic cybex test on the power in your knee....quads and hamstrings.

So what happens is the following.
After having the evaluation by Guichet you need to do an isokinetic cybex test. These results are your baseline.
Guichet gets a copy of this .

To move on in the process Guichet wants to see a 30% increase in power from the results of a second cybex test. Again Guichet wants to see the results of this second test.

Current research suggests that if you put on 30% muscle mass this will give you the 30% increase when you. Do the second test.

Now this is theory......you may put on only 10% muscle mass BUT get the power increase.
You may get the power increase by not even doing heavy weights.

It depends on each individual.

The important factor is the 30% power increase whatever way you achieve it.

Good thick legs will mean that at the end of the lengthening you may not end up with chicken legs.
Purely aesthetic bcs if you have powerful legs that should get you through the lengthening phase regardless if they are not tree trunks.

I don't understand the guy who trained for two years!!!
He must have been on a very easy low pace progress programme.

In fact Guichet can vouche that if you train with his team he can get your flexibility and power within a month.
So it can't be that difficult ( intense yes ) bcs your body can only take so much in a day and you need to rest to let the muscles repair.

Now what I have found out is the following.
If you don't train much and do the first isokinetic test after the evaluation you will end up with a low result BUT the scope for massive quick improvement is huge. Specially if you have skinny legs.

A few months of dedicated serious training should give you that increase in power and mass.

If you already train, have stocky primed legs and do the test after the evaluation then you will find it much harder to get that 30% increase and muscle mass bcs you were near optimum already.

Ref the flexibility this needs more work and may take longer. Again depends on the individual.

Having said all this I think what Guichet wants to see is that the patient makes a serious dedicated effort.
At the end of the day it's not him who is going to get his legs sawed in half but us.

duncangunit
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2012, 06:56:40 PM »

Wow a painless LL experience sounds amazing.  Your LL experience really do sound too good to be true. . . but I thought LL itself sounds too good to be true at first too.  So how are things going now? Keep strong!

Oh also, for some reason I cannot see the pictures. . .
fromscratch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

Being, not Doing

« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2012, 07:27:55 PM »

Quote from: llanivic13 link=topic=4179. msg61341#msg61341 date=1341017210

Just want to add something else ref the isokinetic cybex test.

The test requires both strength and power.

You need to push the leg bar up as far as you can (tests quads) and down as fast as you can ( tests hamstrings) .

Doing weights alone is not the answer.
I am doing weights now and can feel more mass in my thighs BUT I have lost speed.

Speed is crucial for the cybex test.

Without speed you will not get good readings.

You need explosive power .

This is a very good observation.   That's why I think a good preparation should include traditional weightlifting, but also olympic lifts or sprinting.  Sprinting is better in my opinion: less technical, demands a good power to weight ratio, helps weightloss, improves cardio endurance, works the whole body, depletes glycogen, is more paleo and forces me not to rely only on weights to get in shape.

This is what I am doing right now.  Got a a full body workout every 3 days (1on, 2off), with squats, Press or Dips, Chinups, deadlifts, calves (because I want to lengthen my tibias) and then sprinting (10 reps X 10-15 seconds at full speed X 1:45 minutes walking).  I do this on the beach, barefoot on sand, to train and stretch all the little muscles of my feet.  There is nothing like a dip in cold water afterwards !

@simon

Thanks for your diary man, it's inspiring me to keep pushing as hard as I can.  I had a good time reading it and I really appreciate all the info you shared.  Hope you enjoy your new height, you most certainly deserve it.

FromScratch

Pain of discipline or pain of regret.
llanivic13
MMT Member

Credibility 20

« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2012, 11:48:29 PM »

This is a very good observation.   That's why I think a good preparation should include traditional weightlifting, but also olympic lifts or sprinting.  Sprinting is better in my opinion: less technical, demands a good power to weight ratio, helps weightloss, improves cardio endurance, works the whole body, depletes glycogen, is more paleo and forces me not to rely only on weights to get in shape.

This is what I am doing right now.  Got a a full body workout every 3 days (1on, 2off), with squats, Press or Dips, Chinups, deadlifts, calves (because I want to lengthen my tibias) and then sprinting (10 reps X 10-15 seconds at full speed X 1:45 minutes walking).  I do this on the beach, barefoot on sand, to train and stretch all the little muscles of my feet.  There is nothing like a dip in cold water afterwards !

@simon

Thanks for your diary man, it's inspiring me to keep pushing as hard as I can.  I had a good time reading it and I really appreciate all the info you shared.  Hope you enjoy your new height, you most certainly deserve it.

FromScratch

Ok for those out there who want to do it Guichet style......
After doing weights for 90 days ( 1 on 1 off) did second biodex isokinetic test to see where I was.
Gained 15% torque power.

Need 10 or 15% more........BUT I now know I won't get this doing weights.

To crack the biodex isokinetic testing results need to change training philosophy.......going to start isokinetic exercises for legs ( extension and curls) ........that way you hit the torque power required .

If I find a gym with an isokinetic leg curl/ extension machine I know I will get the increase in no time at all.

6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2012, 12:50:11 AM »

Guichet is right on in his requirements for strength and flexibility. His patients seem to have a much easier time.

lestrac
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #118 on: December 27, 2014, 09:09:30 PM »

ciao simon puoi lasciarmi un recapito (email, skype o altro) con cui poterti contattare per avere un pò di supporto da parte tua (come vedi anche io sono italiano), grazie mille
Saam
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2016, 05:12:39 PM »

Hi Simone,any news,have you removed ur nails?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.