MMT Community
February 23, 2019, 11:25:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tough love is the best love for people considering Leg Lengthening - the truth hurts, but it's important to be realistic Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simon - Internal Femurs - Dr. Guichet - 2011 - The best choice of my life  (Read 58356 times)
ninonino
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 07:01:47 PM »

Amazing 5,12cm in 33 days Shocked i hope i Will do the same!!congratulation for your work!sei bravo!i just have one question ,you say you encrease your flexibility 70°to 120° but we don t know in wich position?when you touch the ground with hands?or when you are upright and lift your legs up?how do you calculate that?when i meet dr guichet for the first Time ,in june,he measured me and examine my legs my foot and my flexibility he told me i CAN do 6cm,but he didn t give a degree of my flexibility ,he just says to work my fascia latta .thank you ragazzo
simons
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 43

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 09:17:42 AM »

The surgery
I had my surgery on August 26th. I woke up at 5.30 AM just because my mother and his husband arrived into my room (single room) in the hospital. I had my shower with tons of Betadine and I toke the pills the nurse gave me the day before. I have to say that the day before the surgery I met again the anesthetist and she reminded my every single aspect about the surgery. I wore my patient gown and at 7.30 the stretcher-bearer arrived.

We went into the surgery room and I met the anesthetist again and the other people of the team. Everyone had a big smile and was friendly we me. They were talking about the fact that they Dr Guichet make them learning English because patients come from all over the world. I chatted a bit with some people there and then the anesthetist threaded the needle into my hand. I have to admit that I felt a bit sick but she told me that it's normal. She even told me the name of this "sickness" but i don't remember that. After 2 minutes I was ok again. The anesthetist told me she was going to hit my backbone with injection for epidural anesthesia... I said her "please advise me before hit my backbone" and she said "oh.... already done". That's to say the pain level LOL. After a couple of minutes Dr Guichet came into the room, he said me "hi, how are you?"... shaking my hand.

My memories stop there! 
simons
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 43

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 11:47:06 AM »

Amazing 5,12cm in 33 days Shocked i hope i Will do the same!!congratulation for your work!sei bravo!i just have one question ,you say you encrease your flexibility 70°to 120° but we don t know in wich position?when you touch the ground with hands?or when you are upright and lift your legs up?how do you calculate that?when i meet dr guichet for the first Time ,in june,he measured me and examine my legs my foot and my flexibility he told me i CAN do 6cm,but he didn t give a degree of my flexibility ,he just says to work my fascia latta .thank you ragazzo

How to calculate your flexibility. Lie down, raise your leg with an elastic on the foot. Now you need someone near you to measure the angle of leg from the ground.
ninonino
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 05:20:09 PM »

Thanks for the explanation. Wink
antoky
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 05:49:03 AM »

Do you plan to post any soon other pages of your diary, Simon? Or are you waiting for we to ask about our personal doubts?
Thanks again for sharing.

for a better everyday life
simons
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 43

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2011, 12:41:56 PM »

Sorry for the delay of this chapter of my "adventure". I've been busy with my work.

Just a little news before starting with my tales ... today I'm 6,16cm. I have consultation with Dr. Guichet booked for 28th October in Milan. I feel really good. No pain, no muscles issues, I can go wherever I want. I have to admit that this surgery went beyond my expectations and I'd do it not twice but infinite times. I hope to realize my dream by reaching 9cm or maybe 10cm. I worked really hard to prepare my muscles and my legs that I really think that I'll be able to do that. But last word will be the one spoke by Dr Guichet during the consultation.

After the suegery
The first day after the surgery I was a bit groggy from medicine. The first night I hadn't pain but I used morphine 4-5 times so feeling a bit groggy is totally normal. The nurses were shocked about the fact that I didn't use much morphine. I hadn't any pain at all. The day after surgery Dr Guichet came into my room bringing a bike. He told me how to do exercises on the bike and he took some measures of the angles of my legs. He was totally happy about the result. He showed me how to click. I think that I have to spend a couple of words about clicking... some people are afraid of clicking because they think that it's painful... to be honest I've never felt any pain. The big problem about clicking is the sound, it's like breaking a bone but it's just the sound of the nail... no are involved in this action.

The biggest "shock" after the surgery is when you stand up for the first time. Obviously I used a deambulateur and once up I felt my legs a bit unstable. I don't want to scare anyone. It's totally normal having a strange feeling with the legs after the surgery. I managed to go to the bathroom without any problem, I was simply tired because "walking with my arms" using a deambulateur  was something new for me. Three days after walking with the deambulateur was totally normal.

Otherwise other people I dind't speak about pain so much because - as I explained - I had no pain at all. I don't consider a "strange feeling" as a pain. I took painkillers just because it was written in the sheet with all medicals to take. I've never had a real need to take them, in fact one week after the surgery I stopped with painkillers.
antoky
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2011, 12:52:57 PM »

Very good, Simon! I'm tempted to write in Italian since you're from Italy too, but, respecting all the other people in this forum, I will keep on the English.
 I was scheduled to have my 1st consultation in Milan with dr G the 28 of October too, but I was forced to decline it for family problems.
I wish you to keep on doing this good to the last day of your lenghtening!
Have you ever discussed with G the possibility to take ORAL anticoagulants instead than having the injections? And for how long has one to be on them? Since when did you yourself start to walk with crutches?
I have many other doubts in my mind, but I thank you in advance for your answers.

antonio

simons
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 43

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2011, 01:49:14 PM »

Very good, Simon! I'm tempted to write in Italian since you're from Italy too, but, respecting all the other people in this forum, I will keep on the English.
 I was scheduled to have my 1st consultation in Milan with dr G the 28 of October too, but I was forced to decline it for family problems.
I wish you to keep on doing this good to the last day of your lenghtening!
Have you ever discussed with G the possibility to take ORAL anticoagulants instead than having the injections? And for how long has one to be on them? Since when did you yourself start to walk with crutches?
I have many other doubts in my mind, but I thank you in advance for your answers.

antonio

Oh, i'm sorry about 28th October ... I'd love to share my experience with other ppl "live".

I haven't a good relationship with injections ... I'm afraid of them. I had a nurse in Marseille doing them and now I have my aunt coming every day to do the injection. Every injection lasts about 1,5 seconds and you don't feel anything. I'm not sure if there's something oral.
About crutches I started walking just with them the same day of the last consultation in Marseille with Dr Guichet so 20 days after the surgery (yes... I staid in Marseille for 24 days after the surgery, impressive!).
antoky
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2011, 05:05:02 AM »

Thank you for your precise answers: you are sharing very very much, Simon.  The alternative to injections with EBPM (this is the drug you inject every day to contrast the action of the Xa clotting factor-I'm a physician) is the oral therapy wth Rivaroxaban, which one can assume orally and which has the same effect (this is the drug Dr.  B uses) but which costs 3 times more than EBPM.

Another couple of questions.

1) Why have you got your operation in Marseille and not in Milan?
2) Was there already a time since when you can walk without any aid? Or are you still on crutches?
3) Can you climb the stairs)

Thank you.

Kidrobot
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2011, 05:41:49 AM »

Wow Antoky, so you're a doctor yourself! It's interesting to get a doctor's perspective on this operation. How old are you? And being a physician what are your own reservations or what is your skepticism about this operation? It would be very interesting to hear your thoughts!
stillyoung
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 30

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2011, 06:45:01 AM »

Simons,

Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your diary so far and appreciate having it as a resource as I prepare for my own LL. Keep posting! And I wish you well with the rest of your lengthening and your recovery.

sy

Internal Femurs w/Betz, April 2013 - currently clicking
antoky
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2011, 07:27:38 AM »

@kidrobot

Yes, I am: I'm Italian, I'm a 41 MD, specialized in sports medicine and working as physiatrist too.  My actual height is 177-178 cm.
I think the purpose of life is to find ways to the betterness and that's why I think LL is something to be donesooner or later.

I put in practice everything I learned (and learning) in these years of study: as long as I age, I'm finding that too many people just got it wrong at managing their health and that one can keep his youthfulness for much more than (I) expected (by sleeping and eating and exercising good).

For professional problems, I'm delaying this operation to June 2013, hoping nothing else wrong comes out.

Personally, I think the best candidates for LL are the mesomorphs (wide-shoulders trunk): I think that this operation would come the last in the long list of ways to improve on your health, i. e. , natural body-building, good diet, regular sleep, face caring (my 2 cents).

When I will meet Dr.  G, I will ask him about anticoagulation stuffs (why can't one stay on Rivaroxaban instead of injecting the low-molecular weight eparins?): many other doubts I had were solved by reading diaries o this site.

I'd be glad to answer any doubts about LL from a medical perspective

simons
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 43

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2011, 08:44:29 AM »

Thank you for your precise answers: you are sharing very very much, Simon.  The alternative to injections with EBPM (this is the drug you inject every day to contrast the action of the Xa clotting factor-I'm a physician) is the oral therapy wth Rivaroxaban, which one can assume orally and which has the same effect (this is the drug Dr.  B uses) but which costs 3 times more than EBPM.

Another couple of questions.

1) Why have you got your operation in Marseille and not in Milan?
2) Was there already a time since when you can walk without any aid? Or are you still on crutches?
3) Can you climb the stairs)

Thank you.

1) Dr Guichet has ever worked with his team in Marseille and I consider it as a plus. In Marseille there's his training "crew" supervised by Serge Coneza. Then I have to say that although I live in town 20 minutes far from Milan... I hate Milan with my body and my soul.
2) I walk with crutches. I could work without crutches but it's safer using them.
3) Yes, of course! I can go upstairs and downstairs without any problem. Dr Guichet told me to avoid to do the stairs too many times to avoid to break the nail. Don't worry... the nail isn't like butter but Dr Guichet is so careful and precautionary.
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2011, 08:08:34 PM »

Simons, good for you! Getting this surgery is the first step at a new life!

What is your original height? And also, if you do not mind, what is your wingspan, sitting height, arm length, etc? Furthermore, what does Guichet say about your proportions and the most you can add? Congrats my friend!

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
simons
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 43

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2011, 09:42:12 PM »

Simons, good for you! Getting this surgery is the first step at a new life!

What is your original height? And also, if you do not mind, what is your wingspan, sitting height, arm length, etc? Furthermore, what does Guichet say about your proportions and the most you can add? Congrats my friend!

I was 170 ... now (I've just done last clicking session for today) I'm 176,29. I haven't the other data, I'll try to measure them tomorrow.
Dr Guichet was crystal clear: more flexibility you can get more cm you can gain (up to 10 cm). After the surgery he told my mother about 7... but last time we spoke he said me "will see after the last x-rays". My "dream" is gain 9 cm. I think it's doable since my legs are ok: no pain, no problem. I even can stand up without crutches.
Kidrobot
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2011, 09:50:29 PM »

Wow that's amazing Simon! Congrats --you're at a good height now. Why do you hate Milan? As a north american myself, I always thought Milan was the centre of fashion, style and ridiculously GORGEOUS women!
simons
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 43

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2011, 10:00:40 PM »

Wow that's amazing Simon! Congrats --you're at a good height now. Why do you hate Milan? As a north american myself, I always thought Milan was the centre of fashion, style and ridiculously GORGEOUS women!

Visiting Milan as a tourist is a good experience... living in Milan isn't so good. I have to say that I live really close to Milan and all my friends always tell me that I think and speak like ppl who live in Milan. I have also the accent of Milan. I hate noise, pollution... Milan is a dirty city with lots of bad ppl. Rents are insane... really really expensive. I have all my friends in Turin where I have an apartment too. I love this city. But that's the point of view of guy who hits Milan every single day of his life.
around7
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 16

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2011, 10:39:15 PM »

Hi Simon,
How is your posture by now? I mean duck ass, wide legs and etc...
Did you measure yourself yet?
I ask this, because what we length is always more than our actual gain in height. It hapenned to me and to a lot of other pacients... I did 7cm but my actual gain in height was between 6-6.2cm So if you want to increase your height in 7 cm, you should length a bit more than this, maybe 7.5cm...
Why this happen? No one really knows, but since you have a normal gait and posture you have reached your final height. I think it has to do with the angle of the femur with the ground... it is not a 90 degree angle, so a 7cm GAP would not give you 7cm in height...
I say this to you, because if you really want to have a 7cm gain, try to do a bit more than 7 cm in lengthening in order not to be disapointed in the fututre...
Good luck!!!
simons
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 43

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2011, 11:25:34 PM »

Hi Simon,
How is your posture by now? I mean duck ass, wide legs and etc...
Did you measure yourself yet?
I ask this, because what we length is always more than our actual gain in height. It hapenned to me and to a lot of other pacients... I did 7cm but my actual gain in height was between 6-6.2cm So if you want to increase your height in 7 cm, you should length a bit more than this, maybe 7.5cm...
Why this happen? No one really knows, but since you have a normal gait and posture you have reached your final height. I think it has to do with the angle of the femur with the ground... it is not a 90 degree angle, so a 7cm GAP would not give you 7cm in height...
I say this to you, because if you really want to have a 7cm gain, try to do a bit more than 7 cm in lengthening in order not to be disapointed in the fututre...
Good luck!!!

Oh, thank you! Great to know... so I'll Dr Guichet to reach 9.5 cm. I'll start doing more stretching from tomorrow in order to make it possible.
Actually just duck ass. About 20 days ago I had wide legs but now it's ok. Somtimes i try to walk for 1 meter without crutches but I have a little problem with left leg... it has less strength than right one so walking is a bit difficult at present.
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2011, 05:04:58 AM »

Simon -- Guichet, while being an amazing surgeon/scientist, has always come under flame on MMT because of the unpredictable nature of how he charges you for LL, housing, etc. Can you please comment on this? How much are you paying for the internal frames/removal of the rod? How much are you paying for housing? Is it sponsored/subsidized by Guichet?

Anyways, I know I'm not in any position to tell you what to do, but MMT has always stated that if you go past 7.5 cm, you can lose a lot of potential strength in your legs. Does Guichet agree with this notion that if you lengthen past a certain number, in your older years (65+), you will have trouble walking?

Also, can you please ask Guichet what he believes of India's healthcare system in general: specifically, what does Guichet feel about lengthening in India with LON? What does Guichet feel about the LON method? Thank you so much, this information is not only going to help me, but it is going to really help other prospective LL'ers as well!

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.