MMT Community
May 27, 2017, 03:42:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is the leading site for the discussion of Leg Lengthening on the Internet. Join now - the more you contribute, the more you will benefit from being part of our community - all are welcome.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kamui - External Tibias - Dr. Barinov - 2011 - Journey to Volgograd  (Read 50939 times)
Kamui
« on: October 31, 2011, 12:56:23 PM »

Since it seems to be there aren't any experiences from members of MMT with Dr. Barinov, i guess i will be the first one here  Wink

I will start my journey on the 15th of November and will be staying there for 3 months.  Everyone here, who is also during that time by Dr. Barinov, you are welcome to contact and share your experience with me.  

In addition to that, I will write up an extensive and long diary with much informations included.  So that, further people will be able to make their own objective impression.  

Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 04:57:20 PM »

Welcome to the forum Kamui! There are so many reasons I am excited for this diary. For one, as a college student, I do not have a huge cashflow. But I still desire to take a big risk and go somewhere cheaper. I always crossed Volgograd off the list because there was not a single diary: however, if your experience goes well, then I can put Volgograd on the list! If I may, I'm really wondering if I could ask you some questions:

1) Does Volgograd offer Lengthening over Nail (LON)? Or is it traditional Ilizarov?

2) How much is the total cost? Is there any way to get a common room/apartment to lower costs?

3) What are you goals for aggregate amount lengthened? Is there a limit at Volgograd? (I personally would never exceed 6 cm)

Thank you Kamui! I'll be closely following your diary!

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
Kamui
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 11:43:25 PM »

Quote from: Arche link=topic=4245. msg48980#msg48980 date=1320080240
There are so many reasons I am excited for this diary.  For one, as a college student, I do not have a huge cashflow.
Yea, i know how it feels like, to be honest I'm exactly on the same boat.  I find it also quite strange that there isn't any experience around.  Especially when you are considering the fact, that Dr. Barinov is performing LL since 1992.

1) Does Volgograd offer Lengthening over Nail (LON)? Or is it traditional Ilizarov?
Ilizarov is indeed the standard technique for LL in Volgograd.  LON is also a mentionable option but not really used often and as far as I know only used upon consultation.

2) How much is the total cost? Is there any way to get a common room/apartment to lower costs?
The costs are already estimated in this forum, which starts by 15000 $ and 12500 €.  Just take a look at the section: "Leg Lengthening Doctors, Clinics and Prices".  This is fortunately a package price.  The total costs can be really various, depending on how long you are staying in Russia.

3) What are you goals for aggregate amount lengthened? Is there a limit at Volgograd? (I personally would never exceed 6 cm)
Well, I'm currently 1,65 cm and extremely determined to stretch my legs up to 9 cm.  Of course, the procedure will take a bit longer than usual but pain alone is definitely not an obstacle for me.  Since I already had outstanding broken bones, I think I know how to deal with it  :D

Thank you Kamui! I'll be closely following your diary!
Thank you also for your support, I really appreciate that.  I will do everything I can to help where I can.
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

I choose Alternative Growing Method!

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 06:37:23 PM »

Good luck for tomorrow, Kamui.  Safe journey to the clinic.  I will be keeping an eye on your diary.   :)

Vato
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 07:09:02 PM »

Interesting.. Smiley as i know there is an offer from Volgograd clinic, if u write a diary during the treatment, u will be given a ten percent discount, is it so?
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 07:46:29 PM »

Quote from: Vato link=topic=4245. msg49298#msg49298 date=1321297742
Interesting. .  :) as i know there is an offer from Volgograd clinic, if u write a diary during the treatment, u will be given a ten percent discount, is it so?

Yep, it is true according to Irene Lisovenko, admin of Volgograd Clinic.
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 10:00:27 PM »

Best of luck Kamui!

But be careful, 9cm in tibias is far from safe area and youn must be more realistic with your targets if you don't want to be disappointed in the future.
7,5cm are much safer (although the true safe limit is 6cm imo for the most patients) and of course a very good gain if we talk about tibias. And you are not too short, with 7,5 you'll become a solid 5,8!
If you wanted more than 8cm then you should have done femur LL.

Stay strong.

live strong
Vato
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 04:15:32 PM »

hiii kamu... how are u getting on? m interesting about ur story..Smiley
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 08:53:31 AM »

Hey Kamui you haven't responded in a month man! How are you doing?

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
Kamui
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 03:22:43 PM »

Sorry guys, but my surgery was just about 5 days ago, so i wasn't really able to respond in any way. Tomorrow is the day where I'm going to start my bone distraction. I'm quite nervous to make my first Millimeters  Wink

If time allows, I will also report how my surgery went, how I overcame my first days and tell you a bit more about the Hospital itself. But I'm still on it, so please stay patient, there are a lot of informations awaiting you guys  Smiley

SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 03:53:34 PM »

Congrats on starting your LL journey Kamui. I've upgraded your status to "LL Patient". We look forward to hearing about your experience in Volgograd. Cheers. Smiley
Lucero02
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 06:57:13 PM »

Please include photos in your journal.  Good luck in your journey to be taller.
capichon2011
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 06:43:39 AM »

I hope your journey goes well.  Please, include photos and if possible short videos.  Thanks.
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 09:35:57 PM »

Hi Kamui.  I hope your distraction phase is going well.  Did you take advantage of 10% discount offer if you write a blog or a diary during LL? Hope to hear from you soon.  Stay strong!!!  :)
Kamui
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 05:00:25 PM »

Day 1. – 18.11.2011  [Die Stunde der Wahrheit]

It is around 2 Pm, the moment which will change my life dramatically is getting closer and closer. My first-roommate and currently a god friend of mine, is giving me a few last advices about the process during the surgery. He is telling me, that I won’t get a full anesthesia and therefore not be able to sleep during the surgery.
Which was giving me a facial expression like: WTF?? Ó_ò ??

Even so, he said it in a quite amused manner and started to laugh about it, ironically.
And indeed, during the whole surgery I was wide awake and even listened on how Dr. Barinov has hammered my bones into several pieces.

My friend and first-roommate……mhhh
…well, c’mon let’s name him just Peter so far, at least just for this diary. Well, where was I….ouh yea.

Peter told me furthermore, that I will have the opportunity to take a MP3 Player or Smartphone with me, to listen some music. Which causes me again an expression like: …. Ó_ò.
And he started to laugh again about that. Oh dear lord…

We still exchanged a few experiences and talked about several other things, and nevertheless, during the whole conversation I wasn’t really able to take my sight even once, away from my watch.
The air is getting thicker, I was feeling that the moment is coming closer and closer.  

And there it is, one of the nurses appears. She is telling me, to follow her and not to take too many things with me. I just took my Smartphone and said goodbye to….oh yes, Peter.
Arrived at the surgery room, I had to take most of my clothes off and a few last tests were made.
And here I’m, lying in the room and just waiting for the greatest change in my life.

After a few minutes, Dr. Barinov came finally into the room and greeted me. I was really relieved to see him which gave me a much safer feeling.
Without much hesitation, the Surgery began.

I got an injection in my spinal column which caused completely numbness to my legs. And still yet, I was, as I said before, totally awake. To be more exact, just everything under my hips was numb. I took advantage of the advices that Peter has given me, to overcome effectively the process through the surgery and took my earphones on.
I listened to:

Serge Gainsbourg feat. Jane Birkin - Je t'aime moi non plus
Marvin Gaye - Sexualing Healing
Spandau Ballet – True
Papa roach – to be loved
Edward maya – Stereo Love
Sound System – born to be wasted
Outkast - The Way YoU mOVe

And yea, that was it so far.

During the time when Dr. Barinov hammered and drilled trough my bones, I tried to get at least some sleep.
But unfortunately this damn old nurse, who stood the whole time by my side, gave me every time when I tried so, a little slap.
She seemed to be having a great time by doing it, quite noticeable at her toothy grin. I got a bit annoyed after some time and turned my face in to a Franken Stein visage, which caused pure horrify to her.

She got pissed off, I got kinda stressed. I think I don’t like her anymore =(

Time passes, the surgery is drawing to an end, Dr. Barinov is telling me that they have successful installed the Frames on and that everything went well. I got my first sight on my Frames and was before even realizing it, immediately transported into my new room, where my Buddy and second-roommate awaited me there.

My second-roommate and now, truly a badass Friend of mine, was during the first horrible days always by my side. He helped me a lot out and always checked my condition and looked out for me, especially on the first Night, which is indeed, the most painful one.

When you are reading this Bro…..Thank you man, I will never forget how much you have done for me, I’m truly grateful to have met you!  Wink

Time passes, I can feel how the anesthesia is losing his effect. The Pain is starting to grow more and more and even more…. to a point, where I just started to scream. My Bro is calling for the nurse to get some painkillers, but even so, the Pain was still outstanding high. I started to scream again, the whole night….through the morning, and couldn’t even get once, a bit of sleep.  Just screamed and screamed…

First Week  -  (18.11.2011 - 25.11.2011)  [Die ersten Schritte]

Day 2. - It is already morning and somehow, with outstanding pain of course, I kinda managed to go through the first night. The assistant Doctor of Dr. Barinov came to visit me and told me to make my first steps. He said that I should go half of the way to the bandage-room. I tried to stand up, and viola….I surprisingly stood. I went my first steps….

Man, this is truly beyond god and evil, the pain you have is honestly on a really high Level. But still, my confidence is stronger than my fear of pain, and so I made one Step after another. With many mixed feelings, I managed half of the way to the bandage-room, and Mr. Doctor Assistant prepared a wheelchair for me. But I didn’t want to take a seat, I didn’t want to go just “half” of the way, I wanted to go the “full” way.

And so I did.

First Week  (Day 3. – 7.)  

On the morning of the third day, I got a horrible kind of a headache, which was caused through the side effects of the anesthesia. Dr. Barinov and Mr. Doctor Assistant were telling me, that this is quite normal at this point and that some patients are suffering sometimes under such symptoms.
During the first week I was stupidly almost completely knocked off by this damn headache, and because of that reason, unfortunately not really able to make a lot of walking exercises.

Strangely enough, my headaches just appeared when I was standing or sitting, or rather say, when my upper body was upright. But it almost never appeared when I was lying. Looking back at it, that was really weird.

And so on, the first week somehow passed, with my Bro, still by my side.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for taking so long, but I had unfortunately a few hurdles to overcome. But nevertheless, this is my first entry.
Here a few pics of my frames:

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 05:16:25 PM by Kamui » Logged
Kamui
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 06:51:50 AM »

Hi Kamui.  I hope your distraction phase is going well.  Did you take advantage of 10% discount offer if you write a blog or a diary during LL? Hope to hear from you soon.  Stay strong!!!  Smiley
Of course, as you can see, I do  Cheesy
My distraction seems to be going quite well so far, but I'm sure it will be get tougher when I'm beyond 7 cm.
Btw, my Buddy has done unbelievable 9 cm, and he looks really great and proportional with it. However, he had unlike me, naturally short tibias.

When Dr. Barinov measured my size 2 days before the surgery, it came out that my height is 165,8 cm. Which means that I will probably drop my goal from 9 cm to around 8,5 cm. The most important thing in that term is just, that I reach the 174 cm mark. If I do so, I will stop lenghtehing. Let's hope it will be a bit earlier  Smiley

And Thank you for your support, Legs7  Smiley
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 10:33:13 AM »

Hi Kamui,

I was not sure if you needed to write a blog on Volgograd Clinic's personal website.  I suppose you can write this type of blog on any LL website in order to qualify for 10% discount.  Thank you for clarifying it.  Great pictures, by the way.  There is a chance I might end up following your journey in the new year.  I've discovered Volgograd Clinic around two months before you started this topic and now seeing your blog about the very surgery I might be having in the future is a great comfort for me. 
I have a few questions for you:
a) Don't they give you strong pain-relief injection to help you sleep right after your surgery?
b) Do they offer you to do 'enema' thing or in other words 'empty your guts' prior to the surgery?
c) Why that woman kept slapping you whilst your were having your surgery? Was it to stop you falling asleep? I'd be annoyed if she did that to me. 
d) What the food is like?
e) What's your impression of the whole facility?

I can't wait to see your next update.   :)
Vato
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 12:06:25 PM »

HEY Kamui great job man.. u r a real LL soldier..  can't imagine how terrible feeling one has when he listens how its bone is drilled and hammered and yet he does not feel anything///

one question, can't u choose a full anesthesia with a sleep?? 
PerfectBreak
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 05:59:49 PM »

Good luck on your journey! I will be following it.

HEY Kamui great job man.. u r a real LL soldier..  can't imagine how terrible feeling one has when he listens how its bone is drilled and hammered and yet he does not feel anything///

one question, can't u choose a full anesthesia with a sleep?? 

I'm actually unsure of what I prefer. Staying awake to see it kind of makes you feel you have a little more control over the situation... But then again, drilling, hammering and all kinds of strange sounds from your legs for SEVERAL HOURS is a lot of time.

Does anybody know if its possible to stay awake when doing surgery with Betz or Guichet?
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 07:35:25 PM »

Hi Kamui,

Congrats on your successful surgery.  Smiley

Now no one can stop you to get taller.

I see your pictures and I am confused - Do you have only 2 rings Huh? How are you doing distraction Huh?

Crazy+6

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.