MMT Community
May 22, 2017, 05:41:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Leg Lengthening is NOT an option for people suffering from depression.
LL is not appropriate for people with a history of depression or mental illness - if you're on antidepressants, close your browser now - this site is not for you. Sorry! Sad

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kamui - External Tibias - Dr. Barinov - 2011 - Journey to Volgograd  (Read 50804 times)
Kamui
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2012, 03:12:35 PM »

Oh man….time has surely passed....

Well first of all, I’m really sorry not for having updated my diary in recent times, but LL is truly a hercules challenge, especially then when you are experiencing your first Pin-Break and some outstanding infection.

How is your friend doing after lengthening 9cm?
Yea…he is really some LL-Genius. Even under all of our Veterans here in this forum together, he is still standing his own above them, and is compared to everyone in this Board here, definitely a real LL-Trooper.

I mean, that guy had a Ballerina-foot which went almost completely straight from his knee to his feet, and he was just a hairbreadth away from, having a surgery because of that. But still, despite all of that, he started from that moment on, making exercises like a Beast.

He has right now some great stretching abilities and since I met him, (at his 7-8 month) he was able to touch his feets with his hands by bending his torso completely down the ground. His walking without crutches is also very natural.

Wasn't the muscles and tendons irrepareable when going past 7,5cm?
That’s definitely Bullshit. I know that there are even some Veterans here in this forum who have the same viewpoint, but that’s just partially true.

Generally you can say, that the amount of cm you can achieve without suffering any side effects in the future and recovering to 100%, depends almost on your stretching abilities.

If you let’s say, are above average on that aspect, you could even go beyond 10 cm.
But that’s of course also unlikely, since it’s also a matter of proportions.

Wow when you described the pain I was literally scared for you. I hung onto every word and am glad to say that you got through those tough times. You are a stud!
Thanks, Dookieman.  Smiley
These are really a few nice words of yours. I will definitely go through it, even if this fuckingly process kills me.

Just wanted to ask about this Kamui, you "will and cannot comment on that " because you might get in trouble with your doctor?
HAHAHAHA….  Grin

Believe me pascha, Dr. Barinov is really not that of a kind. I have even some times the impression that he actually doesn’t care about this forum so much.
But that’s just a subjective impression of mine, of course.

But besides that, Dr. Barinov is just awesome. This guy is so terrible nice and humorous, it appears to be so ridiculous to suspect him about stuff like that.

I understand that you want to get things right, but if you were to come across something that was indeed done wrong, would you be able to comment on that without getting into problems?

Mhm, I’m pretty sure that it’s still not the right time, to thematize that furthermore, but let me clarifying one important thing from the start on.
Crazy’s concerns of having doubts about the stability of wearing an only 2 Ring-Ilizarov-Apparatus are partially justified.

But what does that mean exactly? Isn’t it safe anymore to wear these Frames on your Legs? Do I have to face more Pin-Bending or even breaks? Should I just run away?

The answer is clearly NO. But just by considering a few circumstances.
If you are lazy and think you can do this whole issue without much effort, and don’t do any or just a few little stretching exercises, the chance of suffering under Pin-Bending and Breaks increases significantly by an individual amount.

And that’s already half of the story actually.
Kamui
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2012, 11:25:44 PM »

Fourth Week - (09.12.2011 - 16.12.2011) [Die neue Herberge]

Day 1.

It’s Saturday in the morning when Dr. Barinov and Mr. Assistant rushes once again (as usually) into my room, just to kick me out of my bed.
It was just one of the many routine controls, to check my stretching processes through the last Weeks I made. 
Both of them are very strict on that matter and you normally have the impression that you, no matter how hard you are actually working and trying, aren’t able to satisfy them in anything.  Grin

But well, I guess that’s just the way teachers have to behave.

Anyway, we talked about a few things, and during the end of the conversation Dr. Barinov came finally up with the offer, to give me the opportunity by moving on to his apartment-institute. Unhesitatingly, I immediately agreed to leave the Hospital for a better place to live.
Not knowing right now, how naive that decision actually was…

We arranged the next coming Monday for that day, and so was I, waiting until that moment appeared….

Day 3. 

The Day finally appeared. Back then, I was so happy, so relieved, so confident leaving this Hospital ultimately behind me. Dr. Sarkov was requesting a Taxi-Support for me, who was helping me to carry out my luggage and all of my stuff to that Apartment. The little walking to that point, was already a little bit tricky for me, facing a lot of ice and snow to slip over. Every movement of mine was really slow and kinda awkward….
Maaan….. remembering that back, I realize how pathetic my walking actually was….  Roll Eyes

Arrived at the apartment, I was quite happy to see someone again.
Someone, who was actually my first LL-Connection in Volgograd and to that point already, a really good friend of mine.
Someone, who I lost the track of….

It was Optimus-Prii……
...ähhh Peter, yay!  Grin

He greeted me, and we talked about several things, since our last meeting in the first week of my journey.
And it appeared, that my first roommate in the Hospital, would also become my first roommate in the Apartment.

So everything was great so far……

...."so far"…

Day 4.

After settling down in my new LL-Home, I got used more and more to the new situations I was facing here.
And over the whole staying in Volgograd, may it be in the Hospital or in this Institute, I realized once again, that Dr. Barinov had a much higher range of Leg-Correction Patients compared to Leg-Lengthening Patients.

During my time, we were 6 people in the apartment, and I was the only LL-Candidate. Besides my buddy in the Hospital, I never saw till that moment another one, who was doing LL.

Day 5.

The next morning arrived and just being barely awake, My Bro was visiting me and Peter in the Apartment. We were chatting a bit around and I suddenly, for the first time, felt a really intensively pain, when I was starting to stretch my legs. It was in the inner center of my right knee, and with each exercise and each step, the pain increased over and over again.

I was a little bit afraid about it, but tried not to overreact.
I tried to ignore it somehow and overcome it the whole day over with even more exercises.

…….arghhhhhhh……

Ouh…crape, maybe not my best Idea….

Day 6.

Next day. Next morning.

Peter was calling me, if I want to have breakfast. As usually, I was quite sleepy around this time, but facing the fear that someone would eat up my food, I forced myself to stand up.
And there it was. The pain of yesterday has reached his critical point. I wasn’t once again, not able to stand not to mention being able to walk.
I tried it many times, but this time, I failed completely. I was just shocked.

2 hours later, Dr. Barinov came into the apartment to check my condition, and this time I was quite uncomfortable with his appearance.
I tried to cover up my pain, but he saw immediately that something was definitely wrong with me. He asked me if something may be painfull, and I just lied to him and said that everything was Okay.

And once again…..a really bad Idea ú_û

He of course saw just by looking at me that I was lying and brutally he was, he just put some weights exactly on my right knee….
[Excuse me, when I’m doing this once again but this diary has to be authentic, after all.]

AAAAARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here the quote of the original conversation after this reaction, between me and Dr. Barinov:

Kamui:  WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? ARE YOU CRAZY?
Dr. Barinov:  HaHa, I thought it is not painful?
Kamui:  Of course it is! Be patient!
Kamui: Ouhhh crape…..*sigh*
Dr. Barinov: You understand that you cannot screw, if you have so much pain, right?
Kamui: …… *sigh*….

[3 hours later]

Look at the right Knee.

Day 7.

The next day was not really better, but fortunately I had another reason to cheer up a little bit.
26 days after my surgery I reached….

2 cm!!
Chompu Sodsai
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 72

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2012, 02:52:33 AM »

Congrats on 2cm dude, that's an important milestone for yah  Wink
Stay strong and positive, and it will be over in no time  Grin

BTW what is wrong with your right knee? 

Kamui
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2012, 07:37:49 PM »

Yea, thanks Chompu!

Got swollen through the Pain I described.

The knee area itself got a bad inflammation which caused an overproduction of the Hyaluronan.
Well, you know….. that liquid that you have in your knee.
And this on the other hand, leads very often to Contractures and Osteoarthritis.

But I don’t want to spoiler so much, let me just say that my shape is really really bad currently.
Guys, if you should ever have liquid on the Knee area like me, then you can be assure of, that you definitely got a HUGE problem.
It's quite certain that I will need a surgery to fix it again.

Yeaaa…next entry in a few days  Grin
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2012, 09:43:06 PM »

@Kamui - Is that like "water on the knee" and will need to be drained?

171.5cm
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2012, 10:36:32 AM »

how are things going? Any update on the challenges you faced?

171.5cm
craig49
LL Legend
MMT Adviser

Credibility 286

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2012, 11:02:43 AM »

how are you?

Can you post some pictures of yourself standing straight?  I am really curious now after reading AMG's diary.
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

I choose Alternative Growing Method!

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2012, 07:25:43 AM »

Kamui, how are you? Did you manage to straighten your knees and get rid of ballerina foot?
Last time you mentioned to me that your condition was worse than when you were in the hospital. Have you recovered now? Please update us with your progress.
Redemption
MMT Contributor

Credibility 11

Determination

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2012, 05:40:09 PM »

I just read this entire diary right now!

You are a real trooper Kamui! Although I agree with crazy that it is a little weird to have only two rings on your fixators. It seems as if it definitely will not be able to support your weight?

You have been through a lot and I know you haven't updated this diary in a while, hopefully you are doing good, I am worried that things didn't go as planned.

"If I ever met Genetics, I would kick him in the nuts..."

Current height: 5'7/171cm Future height: 5'11/181cm

Wingspan: 178cm Sitting height: 95cm
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2012, 01:57:34 PM »

Hey buddy just checking in on you.

171.5cm
Simpleguy
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2012, 07:59:56 PM »

Hey kamui, hope your doing well man!
OneSevenOne
MMT Contributor

Credibility 19

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2012, 02:34:53 PM »

Holy shit!!!

I have not seen the scrolling marque html tag used in perhaps 10 years.  Even going back tot he old web 1.0 days with geocities and all that I think perhaps the

AAAAARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is the best use for it I've ever seen.  Truly inspired!

Made me laugh so much.  Good luck on the rest of your journey pal!

"The future doesn’t belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave."

Ronald Reagan
craig49
LL Legend
MMT Adviser

Credibility 286

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2012, 01:24:16 PM »

I just read what you posted on AMG diary.  Are you legs straight?  Any sign of X-Legs?  I am concerned now with what you wrote about the assistant.  Are you happy with how your legs look now, do they close at the bottom?
Kamui
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2012, 02:22:35 PM »

I just read what you posted on AMG diary.  Are you legs straight?  Any sign of X-Legs?  I am concerned now with what you wrote about the assistant.  Are you happy with how your legs look now, do they close at the bottom?

Well, I’m still running the marathon, but nevertheless I’m now able to see a glimpse of light at the end of the road.
But I haven’t reached it yet.

And because of that, unfortunately I can’t give you guys a full résumé.

But let me describe where I’m standing right now.
The shape of my right Knee, which suffered under a high Contracture got almost over a couple of days completely cured. Right now, there is almost no sign of it anymore. Which was really a surprise, cause even the Doctor prepared me slowly for a surgery, if things wouldn’t get better on that one. My right Knee was also the only reason that I took painkillers over a time-period of 4 months.

So as you can see, a huge relief on that matter.  Smiley

My legs are almost completely straight, I can straight them out at their fullest, after a Stretching set of 10 min exercises.
However not without it, but I will come to that.

Around 90% of my Ballerina feet have also passed. I’m completely sure, that after a Stretching set of exercises, I could also but my heels down the ground.
But since I also know exactly how a Pin-Break feels moments before it happens, I’m not doing it, cause I would definitely risk a Break.
I got no X-Legs. Logically because of the fact, that I had never one from the very beginning.

Later on, I will also Copy-Paste the rest of my diary in this Thread, it’s not like that I haven’t written it already for a long time.  Wink
It’s just, that I wasn’t really sure to publish all of that stuff and I got also a few doubts of continuing this diary. It includes a few controversies in it, and I kinda feared to have lost my impartiality.
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2012, 02:39:51 PM »

Kamui - It's always a pleasure to read your words. I think impartiality goes out the window because you are giving an account of a personal experience. Tell it like it is....I mean tell it like it was.

171.5cm
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2012, 11:29:09 AM »

Hello Kamui,

Whatever has happened in past is past.
I am glad that you are doing fine now.

Best of luck.

Crazy+6

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
DSIBlog
Banned
MMT Member

Credibility 53

Banned for lying, threatening, and being a nutjob.

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2012, 11:57:35 AM »

Good luck to ya laddie!

The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.
Vato
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2012, 11:17:52 PM »

I have just learned, that one of Barinov's patients commit suicide, because he could not bear with lengthening, and he jumped from the window.. Sad
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2012, 01:05:47 AM »

I have just learned, that one of Barinov's patients commit suicide, because he could not bear with lengthening, and he jumped from the window.. Sad

WTF could you elaborate?

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2012, 01:09:43 AM »

Are you serious? This is really crazy. I wonder if they did a psyche evaluation on him/her before doing the surgery.

171.5cm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.