MMT Community
October 23, 2017, 10:30:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: IMPORTANT: If you're new to Leg Lengthening, then Click Here! to start with our FAQs section, which contains the answers to all of the most common questions! You must read these important FAQs before posting new questions!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Height Scam - Japanese Height Machine? Is This a Scam?  (Read 25124 times)
kaandereli
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« on: December 08, 2011, 04:06:41 PM »

hey guys i found a japanese advertisement on a portable leg-legthening device.They claim that their machine lengthens legs and there is a picture of proof on the site. i know everyone got sick of such scams and i am too, but i thought it might worth to be looked at.

http://www.ginza-kojima.jp/speedmachine01.html
simmcity
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 12:39:12 AM »

http://ginza-kojima.jp/FL/EN/height.html

English Version.
Without Judgment
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 15

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 01:19:14 AM »

I don't like that policy of charging per cm, especially if it's this expensive.

Up to 1 centimeters lengthening: 1,500,000 yen (with tax) = $19,317.46
Up to 2 centimeters lengthening: 3,000,000 yen (with tax) = $38,634.92
Up to 3 centimeters lengthening: 4,500,000 yen (with tax) = $57,952.38
More than 3 centimeters: 1,500,000 yen per 1 centimeter for additional charge (with tax)

It's ridiculous. For this kind of money you're better off getting internals with Betz or Guichet.

"Without judgment what would we do? We would be forced to look at ourselves emerged in lost time. Assuming what may be, without judgment." - Chuck Schuldiner
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 01:21:23 AM »

This is a scam. There is no way to get taller without surgery. This sounds a lot like the "Body Remodeling" centers discussed ad nauseam before:

http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,2019.0.html

I love the video of their "rotary height stretcher". It's very easy to buy a white coat and put it on some poor shmuck so they look like a doctor. I feel sorry for the people that fall for this and give these people their money.
galaxystar
MMT Contributor

Credibility 30

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 02:28:54 AM »

LOL - absolutely hilarious!  Cheesy
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 05:34:46 AM »

You have to be pretty gullible to fall for something like this, but you also have to understand that Japan has one of the lowest average heights at around 164 cm. So I'm pretty sure it's gonna sell more than we think.

But at least we're all "enlightened" to know that the ONLY way to increase your height is by LL.

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 07:47:34 AM »

BULLSHIT Machine. Another scam.

In my last 10 years of struggle for height- I have researched and applied thousands of things - There is no way you can increase your height without surgery. But I believe this topic should be here so that people understand that this is another scam.

Crazy+6

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 07:54:00 AM »

http://adultheightincrease.blogspot.com/

This is another bullshit.

There are two guys Tim & Joey. They are cheating so many people. They use Cosmetic LL for comparison and sell their product in the name of research.

Crazy+6

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
kaandereli
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 10:31:47 AM »

You have to be pretty gullible to fall for something like this, but you also have to understand that Japan has one of the lowest average heights at around 164 cm. So I'm pretty sure it's gonna sell more than we think.

But at least we're all "enlightened" to know that the ONLY way to increase your height is by LL.

You are confusing Japan with China. In Japan the average male is 171 cm.
5f6
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 04:40:22 PM »

Uhm I am not going to call him a scam but lets just say I am sceptical, this is Japan after all an area with plenty of regulations and etc plus I think Dr. Kojima posted his certificates somewhere on the Japanese website. Not only that he has like 3-4 clinics in Japan so if he screws you over you know where to find him and the results are measured by x-ray.

He also has testimonials and x-rays of people who have had treatment, though I cant speak Japanese I cant tell for sure what it says... but if someone could check it out that would be GREAT!
shadow
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 06:04:37 PM »

Quote from: 5f6 link=topic=4331. msg50883#msg50883 date=1325695222
Uhm I am not going to call him a scam but lets just say I am sceptical, this is Japan after all an area with plenty of regulations and etc plus I think Dr.  Kojima posted his certificates somewhere on the Japanese website.  Not only that he has like 3-4 clinics in Japan so if he screws you over you know where to find him and the results are measured by x-ray.

He also has testimonials and x-rays of people who have had treatment, though I cant speak Japanese I cant tell for sure what it says. . .  but if someone could check it out that would be GREAT!

He is not a Medical Doctor. 
Ajax2k12
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 06:53:05 AM »

Yeah it's a scam.  I emailed them and it took 6 months for them to reply. 
As for the rotator, it's also a scam and a ripoff.  If it did truly worked, ll would have
been eradicated along time ago.
leladpomr
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 05:32:12 PM »

The line "There is no need for you to worry about anything." got me worried....LOL Grin
otaku123
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 11:49:00 PM »

Honestly it's Japan though.  They've got more strict regulations then most countries including the US.  If it were real I wouldn't mind paying the price.
Shortlegs
MMT Contributor

Credibility 6

Hmm, how to get taller?

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 12:12:37 AM »

This very same doctor claims that he can do facelift with his barehands lol. I think everything is obvious... I mean doing facelift without knifes....
otaku123
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 02:57:17 AM »

There is actual face massages you can do to help look better.  But I'm not sure how long this guy claims it takes.  Because if it's just a hour or two that's bs.
frankdrebin
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 02:37:58 AM »

Does anyone know more about this?

As far as I know, that Dr.  Kojima is still in business.  How could he, if what he sells is snake oil? And why bother patenting those machines if it is a scam?
frankdrebin
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 02:53:15 AM »

Quote from: SysOp link=topic=4331. msg49878#msg49878 date=1323393683
This is a scam.  There is no way to get taller without surgery.  This sounds a lot like the "Body Remodeling" centers discussed ad nauseam before:

hxxp: www. makemetaller. org/index. php/topic,2019. 0. html

I love the video of their "rotary height stretcher".  It's very easy to buy a white coat and put it on some poor shmuck so they look like a doctor.  I feel sorry for the people that fall for this and give these people their money.
I'll post here regarding body remodeling since the other thread is still closed.

That guy Antoine certainly seems shifty but numerous things don't add up and make think he indeed could have found something that works or could work.

The theory behind it all is that bones remodel all the time.  This is a known fact.  So by using an ultrasound machine and doing 20 minute sessions every other day, osteoclasts/osteoblasts production should increase.  This combined with his so-called machine, which is nothing more than a traction device (you fasten it on both ends of the limb segment you want to lengthen and it pulls them apart), should, according to him, make you gain height.
I'm no expert but I don't see what's fundamentally wrong in his reasoning. 
It would be great if a people here were willing to give it another shot. . .
zeo
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 13

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2015, 09:52:36 AM »

I'm no expert but I don't see what's fundamentally wrong in his reasoning. 

(tl;dr reply to your post: It won't work)
(tl;dr story: Sometimes the alternatives can be even more damaging, not necessarily this thread's alternative but in general)

Well I don't usually like to feed the scams with more attention but this reminded me about a little story about myself I wanted to share, but first ill respond to your post:
I've read of ultrasound machines (like Exogen) being used to help bone healing/consolidation in studies and with patients here on MMT. So wouldn't the ultrasound strengthen the bone and make it HARDER to stretch it so get some height out of it, which the exact opposite of what you want? (I was going to sarcastically suggests some wild experiments involving inducing the osteoporosis of a 98 year old smoker to weaken the bone so it'll stretch, I won't because some people might try it. Don't do it!! Also you'll actually end up getting shorter.) If you think about it, LL patients who have an actual osteotomy (the bone cut) still have to worry about preconsolidation even with pins actively pulling the bone apart 24/7, so I doubt any traction device will do anything. I was also going to write something on confirmation bias and height alternatives but this post is long enough.

Anyways the reason I posted is because this reminded me why I decided to start saving for LL (kinda long, somewhat relevant story incoming):
I remember when I first looked into "height increase", I found out about LL relatively quickly in 2006-2007 (never saw MMT until years later). But I quickly dismissed LL because I only read 1 scare article that that pretty much demonized it. So being fresh to "height increase"  topic I dismissed LL as a possibility, and dove deep into the many forums at the time dealing with non-LL height increase, I don't think I have to describe the non-LL height "scene" since many of you are probably aware of how it was/is. (lol does anyone remember the original "growtallforum" that closed around 2010ish or something)

I was in the non-LL height increase "scene" for a loong time without considering LL, I even insulted/bashed on people who were considering it and swore I would never think about it. Anyways I remember after trying a lot of things (without success), I was still determined and wanted to try a new routine/technique that pretty much involved stretching my knees and using joint supplements. Seeing as the height was "supposed" to come from stretching your knee cartridge, I looked at the anatomy of a knee and thought ,"Dam this is going to f#$ up my knees if I get any substantial amount of height" (imagine stretching your meniscus 1 inch Shocked). I realized that if I was willing to take that risk of damage, I might as well look into LL .This is after being in the non-LL scene for like 5-6 years, embarrassing I know but think I was determined to find the "magic routine" i guess. I found MMT almost right away and read a diary. I remember it was Dyrani's, it definitely was good 1st diary to read. I then realized that getting LL and living normal afterwards is definitely possible with the right precautions and I was pretty much set on getting LL after that.

Anyways it was a long and probably pointless story but the point is sometimes the "alternatives" to LL can sometimes be more damaging than LL itself (not saying this is the case in this thread but it is in some cases) so you might as well get LL if you willing to risk that much on something not guaranteed. And a lot of times if someone is willing to go through all trouble and money for an alternative, they might as well get LL.

Sorry for the long slightly irrelevant post and unnecesary details, it's late and I felt like reminiscing/writing
frankdrebin
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2015, 12:12:08 PM »

I think you're totally right about the knee cap thing, and it could be extended to lsjl and that sort of thing too, probably.

But I'm still unconvinced Antoine was a scam.  Why show his face, accept phone calls, show his qualification (his diploma) with his name and really all his personal details? Why bother building his traction devices and shipping them at all? All these things take lots of time and money.  Would a scammer invest so much?

This is the kind of ultrasound machine he used: hxxp: www. betterbraces. com. au/media/catalog/product/cache/5/image/400x400/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/h/chattanooga_mobile_ultrasound. jpg

I don't know if the bone should be softer or stronger using this thing, but maybe the amount of traction it'd be subjected to while you sleep wearing the traction device would cause the osteoblasts to grow at a slightly further point of the bone and over time this would result in an elongated bone.  Tell me what's absurd in this reasoning.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.