MMT Community
February 22, 2017, 10:08:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: IMPORTANT: If you're new to Leg Lengthening, then Click Here! to start with our FAQs section, which contains the answers to all of the most common questions! Please read these important FAQs before posting new questions!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

The Make Me Taller (MMT) community forum provides free information about the only REAL way to become taller - elective leg lengthening (LL) surgery. This site contains detailed information, pictures, videos, diaries and personal accounts from people who have undergone cosmetic LL to become taller. We discuss the pros and cons of Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE and other methods. Please read our FAQs first before posting and enjoy your time here finding out how to become taller! Leg Lengthening is a serious endeavor, so do your research! You can also buy MMT's new book about LL called 'Inchworm' at Amazon!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Height and Proportions Discussion - JJ Abrams  (Read 9531 times)
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« on: December 12, 2011, 02:37:40 PM »

I'm going to start doing a new discussion feature where I post a photo of a famous short person Photoshopped to be tall to compare it to a photo of how they really are. The goal of this is to show that the majority of the difference in human height is really in the legs, and that we all need to stop obsessing about proportions so much. The first subject is JJ Abrams. He is in the middle of this photo standing with a group of tall guys whose height ranges from 178 cm - 188 cm (5' 10" - 6' 2"). He is 170 cm (5' 7") in real life, and in this mockup he is about 183 cm (6' 0"). He actually seems to have reasonably long femurs. It looks like almost all of his shortness is in his tibias. Compare this to Zachary Quinto who is standing to his immediate right, who is 185 cm (6' 1") and seems to have very long femurs and fairly short tibias.

Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 06:15:22 PM »

Wow! You added 13 centimeters to him, and at first I couldn't tell who in that first picture got LL! His torso length looks pretty good, but his arms (if they were hanging down) might look a little short.

BTW I did some research on him, and out of all those taller guys near him, he has the best career as a director/producer. I guess it goes to show height is just a small (mental) factor you can get over. But I bet if JJ Abrams found out that LL could safely make him taller, he'd get it immediately.

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
chuck norris
MMT Contributor

Credibility -4

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 09:30:04 PM »

But I bet if JJ Abrams found out that LL could safely make him taller, he'd get it immediately.

What makes you believe that?
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 10:04:11 PM »

What makes you believe that?

I have the same question too.

live strong
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 11:28:35 PM »

But I bet if JJ Abrams found out that LL could safely make him taller, he'd get it immediately.

There are some men that aren't bothered by the fact they are short. I'm sure fame and enormous riches helps a person deal with such things more easily. For the rest of us, there is LL. Smiley
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 12:16:31 AM »

There are some men that aren't bothered by the fact they are short. I'm sure fame and enormous riches helps a person deal with such things more easily. For the rest of us, there is LL. Smiley
And 5.7 isn't very short.
It's a little less than average that with shoes is about average (5,85-9) which makes things even more easy.

live strong
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 12:32:27 AM »

And 5.7 isn't very short.
It's a little less than average that with shoes is about average (5,85-9) which makes things even more easy.

I'm not saying 5' 7" is short. I'm saying that in the United States a 5' 7" man is taller than 30% of the men, but shorter than 70% of the men. The whole "with shoes" argument is really silly, because a 5' 7" man will still be taller than 30% of the men WHO ARE WEARING SHOES and will be shorter than 70% of the men WHO ARE WEARING SHOES. He doesn't become 5' 8" - 5' 9" because he is wearing shoes and move up the bell curve or gain any advantage unless the 70% of men he used to be shorter than happen to all be walking around barefoot that day.
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 03:35:06 AM »

Hey guys, I guess I meant that JJ Abrams has the money to go do LL immediately if he desired to. But Sysop is correct, I think fame and riches (not to mention a pretty good looking wife) probably makes being a little shorter a lot easier on him.

Bodybuilder - Yeah 5'7 isn't THAT short. I mean, I'm about 5'6" without shoes and I see people my age who are shorter than me everyday. I also see people who are younger and older than 20 who are much shorter than me as well. God bless them, I don't know how they do it! I feel as though I get judged on my height every time I meet a new person...but honestly who isn't judged by their cover? Tall and short guys get judged just like girls get judged for how they look as well. I truly think it's a blessing in disguise that we have a proven method to make ourselves taller, and the fact that no one will be able to tell I lengthened my tibia 5 or 6 cm is a positive as well. I mean I am planning to take a semester off to do this surgery, so there is going to be unimaginable pain and sacrifice, but I'm already saving up a lot of money and i'm close to 15K already. Reading all these diaries is such a help.

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 08:16:26 AM »

Hi Sysop,

Great topic.
Most tall guys have long legs in picture and torso length is almost similar. This again proves that proportion discussion is just a obsession.

Crazy+6

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
PerfectBreak
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 06:34:57 PM »

What a great idea and what a big difference. Just too bad that that would take 2x LL. Another interesting thing is nr. 1s short but perfectly nice looking arms. Maybe it's because he's asian he can pull it off.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 10:02:12 PM »

What a great idea and what a big difference. Just too bad that that would take 2x LL. Another interesting thing is nr. 1s short but perfectly nice looking arms. Maybe it's because he's asian he can pull it off.

I'm not sure what you mean. The only Asian person in this photo is John Cho who is 5' 10". He is above average height in the US. He would be tall if he lived in most of Asia (he was born in South Korea, but grew up in the US).
chuck norris
MMT Contributor

Credibility -4

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 10:18:05 PM »

I'm sure fame and enormous riches helps a person deal with such things more easily.
I think fame and riches (not to mention a pretty good looking wife) probably makes being a little shorter a lot easier on him.

I'm sorry but I don't understand these wordings. What makes you think he has any problem with his height whatsoever? It is not "easier" for him because this would imply the possibility of this being a problem for him, and you can bet your ass he has no reason to have such a problem or care for such trivial things. Adding extra height would add absolutely nothing to his life.

On topic, I think this is a good idea and an interesting way to analyse proportion, although it would be nice in the future to have the subject with his arms down since this is the most sensible part of proportions, not sitting height.

Also, if you draw some straight horizontal lines you'd see that Zachary Quinto femur is the same length as the other's, so he doesn't have shorter tibias, it's only an optical illusion because of how he is dressed and because he's skinny.
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 02:29:37 AM »

Everybody on this board needs to chill! All I'm saying is that I would have a problem if I was 5'7" no matter how hot my wife was, or how much money I made.

5f6
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 08:54:11 PM »

Nice demonstration Smiley

I am pretty certain my wingspan is longer then my body so that will be ok but my torso is a bit small but... its all good Cheesy I really dont care...
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 04:26:55 AM »

I'm going to start doing a new discussion feature where I post a photo of a famous short person Photoshopped to be tall to compare it to a photo of how they really are. The goal of this is to show that the majority of the difference in human height is really in the legs, and that we all need to stop obsessing about proportions so much. The first subject is JJ Abrams. He is in the middle of this photo standing with a group of tall guys whose height ranges from 178 cm - 188 cm (5' 10" - 6' 2"). He is 170 cm (5' 7") in real life, and in this mockup he is about 183 cm (6' 0"). He actually seems to have reasonably long femurs. It looks like almost all of his shortness is in his tibias. Compare this to Zachary Quinto who is standing to his immediate right, who is 185 cm (6' 1") and seems to have very long femurs and fairly short tibias.

I realise this is old but in this picture did you add 5" to his tibia, because it seems like it, If this is true i can rest assured for one long tibia session for myself.

thanks

Height         = 164 cm (5' 4.5")
Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
Avg. Male height in region 5' 9.5"
Avg. Female Height in region 5' 4.5"
ProSioux
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 06:27:05 PM »

I love this kind of posts Sysop, keep posting this kind of stuff  Grin Grin Grin
darkchylde
MMT Member

Credibility 2

Just like Claudia, only shorter :-)

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 04:13:11 AM »

This is really cool.  I'd love to see more celebrities with their new height.  By the same token, to all of those people who think height is irrelevant, some tall celebs should be made shorter and let's talk then. . .
marymary
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 12:47:30 PM »

i noticed the mock-up guy by his short arms. maybe i'm obsessed about arms but this is really noticeable. is like t-rex arms. it is possible he has short hands for his original height too.
TomD
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 06:17:11 AM »

Hey guys. I think for me its about the legs . The guy in the photo has short legs . With a LL surgery he is virtually the same size as the others except his arms are a little shorter. And you have to be really looking for it to tell.
Junkim021789
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2013, 04:23:05 AM »

i think if you add 13 cm to anyone. . . it will be noticeable if you put him next to others who r naturally 13cm taller.  of 200 something bones in our body, only a few bones can be lengthened thru LL.  the bottom picture of course looks more natural, but with right clothing the top pic has the potential to look much better.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.