MMT Community
February 23, 2019, 10:39:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NOTE: To see all of our content, and to be able to read the diaries and discussions threads, you must be a member and you must be signed-in or they will not show up.

Sign-up now - it's free and you'll have full access to all of our world-leading resources!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian scientists develop an alternative way of growing taller using step cells  (Read 150676 times)
Mordred
MMT Member

Credibility -3

Goal Height: 5''10

« Reply #180 on: January 07, 2013, 01:59:22 AM »

I have another idea that builds upon the idea mentioned above, which could be superior to LL as it keeps proportions intact.  The main obstacle people face at trying to grow taller is that their epiphyseal (growth) plates have closed already, meaning the chondrocytes at the end of the long bones have matured to the point that no bone can be added.  If we could implant stem cells, as mentioned above, at the growth plate location, then we would be able to grow again. 

My idea is to supplement this therapy with HGH injections, creating an "artificial puberty".  This would solve the proportion problem with LL, allowing the patient to grow to whatever height desired.  Oh, and all this would be significantly less painful than LL. 

Mordred
MMT Member

Credibility -3

« Reply #181 on: January 07, 2013, 02:06:29 AM »

Oh, and stem cells are basically the future of medical technology.  Basically your body, when you're born, has a very limited supply of stem cells.  When you grow older, that supply of stem cells (which replaces aged, "senescent" cells like old skin cells) is depleted, contributing to aging.  As such, stem cell implants have been found to extend lifespan in mice, and been touted as a step to biological immortality.

Just thought I'd put that out there.  hxxp: en. wikipedia. org/wiki/Stem_cell
Mordred
MMT Member

Credibility -3

« Reply #182 on: January 07, 2013, 02:08:38 AM »

Here's another article expanding on my post above.  hxxp: abcnews. go. com/Health/stem-cells-turn-back-clock-aging-mice/story?id=15280185#. UOotsnewW3c
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

Current height 171.5cm (5'7.5")

« Reply #183 on: January 07, 2013, 03:49:17 PM »

I have another idea that builds upon the idea mentioned above, which could be superior to LL as it keeps proportions intact.  The main obstacle people face at trying to grow taller is that their epiphyseal (growth) plates have closed already, meaning the chondrocytes at the end of the long bones have matured to the point that no bone can be added.  If we could implant stem cells, as mentioned above, at the growth plate location, then we would be able to grow again. 

My idea is to supplement this therapy with HGH injections, creating an "artificial puberty".  This would solve the proportion problem with LL, allowing the patient to grow to whatever height desired.  Oh, and all this would be significantly less painful than LL. 

Interesting post.

" Whatever you want, you shall have. Whatever you search for, you shall find ".
RDenmark
MMT Contributor

Credibility 6

« Reply #184 on: January 07, 2013, 03:55:52 PM »

The problem is that the cells constructing new bone fade as the epiphyseal plates close. You would have to reverse the process, as the zone is a solid piece when it is near closure. If you inject stem cells, there is nothing to construct the new bone.

Not to mention how hard it is to edit HGH levels on people who have no growth hormone deficiency.
Repelsteeltje
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #185 on: January 07, 2013, 05:49:21 PM »

I don't think HGH is the biggest problem here. Wouldn't an scientist already studied this by now? I mean the first person who finds a way to let people grow proportioned and without pain will be the richest person in the world, don't you think? The market of people wanting to be taller may be the biggest market in the world. I think they almost studied every single theoretical treatment for height increase, unfortunately it just isn't is that easy
groove311
MMT Member

Credibility -31

« Reply #186 on: January 09, 2013, 02:22:08 PM »

Hey folks, I received an e-mail from them.. I either am confused or this clinic is "fraud" so to speak.
They said clinical trials will be in 2013, however check this out.....now they say 3-5 years!!

"We expect that clinical trial will be available in 3-5 years from now. But then, it will take some time to make this treatment clinically available it will also take a couple of years (that depends on the regulatory agencies).

When clinical trials will begin we will make an official announcement, so you will be able to make an official inquiry for participating.

Kind regards,

Center of cell technologies
17/1 Kuzneckij most
Moscow 107031
Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 234-57-20 / 30
Fax.: +7 (495) 628-45-57"
RDenmark
MMT Contributor

Credibility 6

« Reply #187 on: January 09, 2013, 04:15:49 PM »

I don't think HGH is the biggest problem here. Wouldn't an scientist already studied this by now? I mean the first person who finds a way to let people grow proportioned and without pain will be the richest person in the world, don't you think? The market of people wanting to be taller may be the biggest market in the world. I think they almost studied every single theoretical treatment for height increase, unfortunately it just isn't is that easy

Side effects of HGH is still unknown to some extend. There is a reason why doctors don't offer HGH to everyone who wants it Wink.
« Reply #188 on: January 09, 2013, 04:45:39 PM »

Hey folks, I received an e-mail from them.. I either am confused or this clinic is "fraud" so to speak.
They said clinical trials will be in 2013, however check this out.....now they say 3-5 years!!

"We expect that clinical trial will be available in 3-5 years from now. But then, it will take some time to make this treatment clinically available it will also take a couple of years (that depends on the regulatory agencies).

When clinical trials will begin we will make an official announcement, so you will be able to make an official inquiry for participating.

Kind regards,

Center of cell technologies
17/1 Kuzneckij most
Moscow 107031
Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 234-57-20 / 30
Fax.: +7 (495) 628-45-57"

lol

So much for lengthening with this method.  Undecided
leonard
MMT Contributor

Credibility 18

« Reply #189 on: January 09, 2013, 06:28:37 PM »

Thats exactly what I expected. Don't count on "alternative" LL within the next 6-10 years. After that I am positive that scientists will come up with an easier solution (also easier than these russian jokers). So guys: If you are serious about getting taller do it now or next year. Don't wait for ages and continue to suffer. Do it NOW!
Repelsteeltje
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2013, 07:14:46 PM »

Thats exactly what I expected. Don't count on "alternative" LL within the next 6-10 years. After that I am positive that scientists will come up with an easier solution (also easier than these russian jokers). So guys: If you are serious about getting taller do it now or next year. Don't wait for ages and continue to suffer. Do it NOW!

I agree. Most of us expected that they would have trials this year. But now they are saying 3-5 years, I think it's time to forget this treatment and close the discussion. You shouldn't wait 6-10 years. You would end up miserably. Maybe there is some brilliant scientist working on an solution, but we shouldn't wait for this. I am going to face existing methods.
Rains
MMT Member

Credibility 1

Jailbreak Karma

« Reply #191 on: January 14, 2013, 06:17:02 PM »

I just want to voice my support for this method, anything to lessen the pain, heal fast and get back to normalcy faster.  Any doctor looking into this as a way to improve the LL method.  I hope most LL drs.  are not hard-headed as to "My technique is perfect, don't need no stinking stem cell" (w Russian accent). 

If there's a god we wouldn't be here discussing our human conditions, everyone would be equal and this height concept wouldn't even exist.  Unfortunate or fortunately there's nature, and nature will choose side 100% of the time.  Nature will kill off anyone and anything which doesn't comply to her rules.  Since there's only us human judging each other while carrying out nature's law.  Let us strive to become who we want to be by outsmarting nature. 

Peace,
baseball boy
« Reply #192 on: November 15, 2013, 03:44:07 AM »

Any updates on this?
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #193 on: November 15, 2013, 06:00:58 AM »

Any updates on this?

Yes - forget about it.

If you want to get taller. LL is the only way to go.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
baseball boy
« Reply #194 on: November 15, 2013, 08:05:01 AM »

I think there has to be a non invasive procedure coming soon.  Stem cells seem to being gaining momentum towards a breakthrough for height increase
jd641
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2013, 09:55:57 PM »

I think there has to be a non invasive procedure coming soon.  Stem cells seem to being gaining momentum towards a breakthrough for height increase
Whenever that happens, I'll be one of the first people going for it as long as they can tell me that there's no chance I'll turn into some type of sewer monster that craves anchovies. Maybe they'll feel so bad for me because of my height that it will be a free ride. Cheesy
Leatherneck0331
MMT Member

Credibility 0

Shorty 5' 4"

« Reply #196 on: December 17, 2013, 06:35:27 AM »

Any new updates on this???
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #197 on: December 17, 2013, 01:58:43 PM »

The thing is that you'd need stem cells implanted in virtually every bone in your body in order to replicate growth plates accurately and grow proportionally. It's possible, but it would make LL seem cheap by comparison.

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
Frihet
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #198 on: September 21, 2014, 07:58:11 PM »

Natural Height Growth have done some intense analysis research on this subject.  Check this out.
hxxp: www. naturalheightgrowth. com/2014/05/31/information-alexander-teplyashin-moscow-based-clinics/

Height: 165cm
Want2Be: 173-175cm
srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #199 on: September 21, 2014, 08:54:08 PM »

Hopefully that method should be out soon and a cheaper alternative as well

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.