MMT Community
June 22, 2017, 06:22:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is the leading site for the discussion of Leg Lengthening on the Internet. Join now - the more contribute, the more you will benefit from being part of our community. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

The Make Me Taller (MMT) community forum provides free information about the only REAL way to become taller - elective leg lengthening (LL) surgery. This site contains detailed information, pictures, videos, diaries and personal accounts from people who have undergone cosmetic LL to become taller. We discuss the pros and cons of Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE and other methods. Please read our FAQs first before posting and enjoy your time here finding out how to become taller! Leg Lengthening is a serious endeavor, so do your research! You can also buy MMT's new book about LL called 'Inchworm' at Amazon!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proportions - Photos of Craig49 at 9 CM Taller Than His Wingspan  (Read 16109 times)
RDenmark
MMT Contributor

Credibility 5

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2012, 09:56:06 AM »

Beejay Anya is 6'8" with a 7'9" wingspan :<
Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

It's expensive, staying human.

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2012, 12:55:03 PM »

Beejay Anya is 6'8" with a 7'9" wingspan :<

And the only reason he doesn't look 100% abnormal is because he's black and subconciously I always associate Black men with long limbs, because in general it's true.  I remember seeing a black man once with a long torso and short limbs and I couldn't quite comprehend what I was looking at simply because he seemed so unnatural to me.  If he was White I wouldn't have given it a second thought.

Besides, I have arms like a black man - 6'1" wingspan, 5'9.5" height  Grin Only 16 and a half so hopefully that means I'll grow a bit more...

Current height: 176.5cm
Sitting height: 93.25cm

Target height: 181.5cm
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2012, 01:09:23 PM »

HA HA tell that to singer Cee-Lo Green. That guy has alligator arms! lol

171.5cm
Repelsteeltje
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 01:47:00 PM »

HA HA tell that to singer Cee-Lo Green. That guy has alligator arms! lol

He isn't tall either. So maybe for his height he has good arm length.
He has thick arms, so maybe it's just an illusion he has small arms.
Thin arms look longer.  
around7
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 16

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 02:00:46 PM »

The problem here are not proportions, but scars... If he goes to the beach everyone will notice he had LL.
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2012, 02:13:42 PM »

He isn't tall either. So maybe for his height he has good arm length.
He has thick arms, so maybe it's just an illusion he has small arms.
Thin arms look longer.  

Imdb lists Cee-Lo's Height at 5' 6" (1.69 m). I am a bit taller than him but have a decent wing span. However, Cee Lo is a bit pudgy/stocky so maybe the fat makes him look like a T-Rex.

TMZ jokes about Cee Lo's arms. http://youtu.be/GD7103KfXdg

171.5cm
raoniclegs
MMT Member

Credibility 3

"image is everything" andre agassi

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2013, 01:17:54 PM »

at 16 you could expect to reach 5"11 or even 6", if you go to the gym= perfect body shape
mairah
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2013, 01:25:58 PM »

Looks totally normal
krasnaya
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2013, 06:57:39 AM »

Wow, I was wondering what the difference would look like. . .  your proportions are absolutely great looking O. O.   I guess 9 cm really is absolutely no problem!
theuprising
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2013, 12:45:23 AM »

Quote from: Redemption link=topic=4452. msg54882#msg54882 date=1332828257
If you want to hear something that is realistic it is totally possible to lengthen 5cm on tibias and 5 of femurs giving you almost a 4 inch increase!

Plus you will recovery faster and each segment will be able to cope better with the lengthening the less you lengthen.

Although I understand not everybody has money just laying around and the time for two procedures but that is what I am planning on doing.   Grin

I actually think the biggest concern at least in my case would be the amount of time off from work and physical activities, that's why I think most people prefer to do the one surgery.
wish177
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2015, 09:28:51 PM »

he has got ~45% arm length to height, which is why he looks good despite his wingspan. 45% is right on the average, and is the same as this guy

if i get LL, i will have 40% or less depending on how much i get. that will probably look disproportionate, no?

i don't think its the wingspan that matters, its the arm to height ratio
You're over thinking this
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2015, 06:03:51 PM »

His proportions look fantastic, I hope mine look as good at the end of my lengthening.
vitruvius
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2015, 04:48:46 PM »

I think his proportions look normal - litmus test: I wouldn't take a second look if I past him in the street. 

It would be interesting to see some raw data on a randomly chosen population of hieghts and wing spans. 

Whatever the data, visually there seems to be a pretty big range before it starts looking disproproportionate. 

Craig looks great, and I congradulate him. 
JohnnyLongLegs
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2015, 07:49:00 PM »

he looks a little disproportionate, his arms are too short obviously. random people on the street wouldnt even notice... but someone who has known him for some time, either friend or partner will mindlessly comment that his arms are tiny. which is why i wouldnt over do it with porportions... cause the comments from strangers on the street means nothing anyways, compared to comments from people u know, like and respect.
wish177
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2015, 05:32:47 PM »

he looks a little disproportionate, his arms are too short obviously. random people on the street wouldnt even notice... but someone who has known him for some time, either friend or partner will mindlessly comment that his arms are tiny. which is why i wouldnt over do it with porportions... cause the comments from strangers on the street means nothing anyways, compared to comments from people u know, like and respect.
Not to me, it looks like he could do couple more cm
ilizarovgirl
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 12

Sky's the limit so I am reaching for the stars.

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2015, 06:11:29 PM »

Not to me, it looks like he could do couple more cm

another 3-4cm would be ok, he looks very good! I could never tell he had LL!

start height: 151cm(4'11.5")
03/07/2009-30/03/2010 Ilizarov frames on tibias,+10cm

current height: 161cm(5'3.5")
31/03/2015-26/06/2015 Ilizarov on the right foot, club foot correction

desired height: 171cm(5'7.5")
vitruvius
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2015, 09:40:22 PM »

Regarding disproportion perception, I think the perception of a  "stranger on the street" is actually a better gauge of your proportionality than people who knew you before the operation.   People who know you are going to be comparing you (even if subconsciously) to the image they have in their minds of your preoperative proportions, especially if they have known you for a long time.

For example, I had very short legs preoperatively, and now my family and friends think my legs are a little long, even thought they are about half my height.  A stranger would never look at me and say "that guy's got long legs", but my family members might think this.

By the way, Graig's arms are far from "tiny", they are quite normal looking, and if anyone he likes and respects were to say such a thing, perhaps they  deserve niether his friendship nor his respect.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.