MMT Community
March 29, 2017, 03:12:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Legs7 - External Tibias - Dr.Barinov - 2012 - LL+Correction in Volgograd  (Read 41394 times)
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

I choose Alternative Growing Method!

« on: January 18, 2012, 03:25:03 PM »

Hi there,

At last I've received my visa to go to Russia and booked my flight straight away.
I will be travelling to Volgograd on Sunday 22 January and probably stay there for 4 months or maybe longer.

Little info about myself and the reason for doing LL.

Well, my approximate height is 1.68cm. I hope to lengthen by 7cm on my tibiae including the height gained from correction.
I had a cosmetic procedure done a few years ago to improve the appearance of my legs by having calf implants. Unfortunately they just look so unnatural and did not work for me, so I've decided to save up some money and go for LL, plus correction. My tibiae are bowed and quite short . Besides, I have long torso, which makes me look disproportionate. LL has always been my dream and for a girl to have nice slender legs means a lot. I am sure that ladies out there support me on that. I tried to be proud of my lower legs and overall with my looks. But I found myself struggling day after day trying to find the right bootlegged trousers or long skirts to disguise the bowing and high heels to match my work colleagues' tall stature. Even with calf implants I find it difficult to expose my legs. I have never worn flat shoes. High heels have always been my saviour.
Anyway, I know this is going to be second diary about Volgograd Clinic here on MMT but if you do have questions, feel free to ask me and I will do my best to give you timely response.
Lucero02
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 04:41:47 PM »

Good luck Legs7. Hope we can learn something more about the Volgograd clinic.
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 06:01:42 PM »

Wow good luck! I look forward to reading your journal. Keep us posted!

171.5cm
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 06:17:37 PM »

Thanks, guys. I am feeling kind of excited and scared at the same time. I think it just started kicking in.
Can't wait till Sunday.  Grin

Legs7
Lucero02
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 10:29:41 PM »

Good luck Legs7. I hope we can learn something more about the Volgograd clinic.
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 02:28:12 PM »

Good luck Legs7. I hope we can learn something more about the Volgograd clinic.

Hi Legs7,

You already have good pair of legs with height of 168 cm but definitely LL gonna change & add more beauty in your legs.

Best of luck for your surgery. Keep us updated.

Cheers Smiley

Crazy+6

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 05:00:16 PM »

Awhhh, thanks Crazy+6. But I really do look disproportionate without heels on. I am really grateful for existence of MMT. I have got so much information out of it and would not be able to thank enough for the knowledge I've gained.

Once again big thanks for the support and a flattering compliment.  Smiley

Kamui
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 07:30:25 PM »

Hi Legs7.

I wish you all the best during your adventures here in Volgograd. Itís really nice to see, that this Institute is finally getting more popularity.
I will see you in a couple of days, spar your energy and have a good and stressfree flight!
Best of luck!

Kamui
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 09:09:32 PM »

Thank you, Kamui. See you soon.  Smiley
Joe2000
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 01:06:26 AM »

how much do you pay for everything?
Chompu Sodsai
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 72

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 01:10:34 PM »

Have a safe flight tomorrow, and certainly good luck with your upcoming operation.  I will be following your diary  :)

Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 02:15:54 PM »

how much do you pay for everything?

Hi slawek1000,

You pay 12,500 euros for 3 months stay including full board (hospital stay and meals served 3 times a day), thereafter you pay 1000 euros per month should you decide to stay in Volgograd for consolidation period. If you request an invitation from the Clinic (2 months - waiting time), then you pay additional 100 euros, plus another 100 for the consultation with Dr.Barinov. Total: 12,700 euros. I've been told that 3 months is enough to lengthen 5-7cm.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 03:12:52 PM »

Hi slawek1000,

You pay 12,500 euros for 3 months stay including full board (hospital stay and meals served 3 times a day), thereafter you pay 1000 euros per month should you decide to stay in Volgograd for consolidation period. If you request an invitation from the Clinic (2 months - waiting time), then you pay additional 100 euros, plus another 100 for the consultation with Dr.Barinov. Total: 12,700 euros. I've been told that 3 months is enough to lengthen 5-7cm.

Legs7, three months is long enough to lengthen 6 cm if you are lengthening .66 mm a day, but lengthening is only the first part of the battle. I'm assuming you are not doing LON. It is my understanding that the 12,500 euro price for surgery and three months of accommodation does not include LON. I have not gotten and answer yet from RUSCOM about what price they charge for LON. If you are not doing LON, how long will you plan to stay in Volgograd until your legs are consolidated enough to have your frames removed?
Wishtobe5ft9
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 03:24:37 PM »

Even with LON i think you will need more than 3 months unless you're planning to return home in a wheelchair. Most of the people here need a month or more after frames removed with LON to be able to walk.

hey sysop. For LON, there are more scars than purely external method right? Mainly the big monstrous ones on the knees.

27 year old Indian
166cm
B.S.
Halfway through M.D.
Legsandme
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 03:29:55 PM »

I guess she is going home with external frames for consolidation phase and will be walking with crutches for some time, not in the wheelchair.
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 03:56:32 PM »

There is no big need to stay in hospital after lengthening.

So she can go home and send to her doctor the Xrays and when the doctor thinks her bone is fully consolidated then come back to hospital and do the final operation.

Even with LON or external only methods, the serious phase is lengthening.
After that there isn't any problem to travel back to her home.

However, the price of Volgograd is very good and if the results are also good then I think this place is much better than China where the cost is double.

Legs7 I wish you the best!

live strong
Kamui
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 04:30:25 PM »

Legs7, three months is long enough to lengthen 6 cm if you are lengthening .66 mm a day, but lengthening is only the first part of the battle. I'm assuming you are not doing LON. It is my understanding that the 12,500 euro price for surgery and three months of accommodation does not include LON. I have not gotten and answer yet from RUSCOM about what price they charge for LON. If you are not doing LON, how long will you plan to stay in Volgograd until your legs are consolidated enough to have your frames removed?

I highly doubt that Dr. Barinov will in any case support lengthening by "just" 0,66 mm per day. I already discussed that with him several times, he says that the main problem is actually that one of the bones could get consolidated, especially during the first 1-3 cm.

On top of that, please guys, keep in mind that this 12.500 Ä is just an estimated amount. Since youíre paying in Ruble and not in Euro, everything goes up and down with the value of the currency. The Euro is falling dramatically ever since the bankruptcy with Greece, so please calculate more.
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 06:22:00 PM »

On top of that, please guys, keep in mind that this 12.500 Ä is just an estimated amount. Since youíre paying in Ruble and not in Euro, everything goes up and down with the value of the currency. The Euro is falling dramatically ever since the bankruptcy with Greece, so please calculate more.

The difference is negligible yet so far.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 06:46:22 PM »

I highly doubt that Dr. Barinov will in any case support lengthening by "just" 0,66 mm per day. I already discussed that with him several times, he says that the main problem is actually that one of the bones could get consolidated, especially during the first 1-3 cm.

I'm curious how much Dr. Barinov suggests patients lengthen per day during the first 1-3 cm.
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 09:25:49 PM »

The difference is negligible yet so far.
Exactly. Also, Greece hasn't bankrupted yet.

About distraction rate, most doctors suggest about 1mm per day distraction rate until the first 2-2,5 cm and then less, unless there is a danger for premature consolidation.

live strong
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.