MMT Community
December 11, 2017, 11:37:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Make Me Taller is the world's leading discussion forum for Leg Lengthening - this is a professionally-run site and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Legs7 - External Tibias - Dr.Barinov - 2012 - LL+Correction in Volgograd  (Read 49321 times)
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2012, 02:46:01 PM »

Thank you for being so candid and forthright in your diary.

171.5cm
Kamui
« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2012, 03:12:36 PM »

Stay strong the pair of you at Volgograd, I cant belive that incompetant idiot.
No way in hell that Im seting my foot in that place, Ill do my LL in kurgan instead.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us good look to the both of you. . .

Please donít get the wrong ideas 177cm.

Volgograd is definitely not a bad or unsuited place to go through a LL-experience, it just needs sometimes improvements in practical terms.
Regardless about the incompetence of Dr. Tsarkov sometimes has, Dr. Barinov is still an expert in his field and very professional.

And thank you for yours words, I really appreciate it.  Smiley
devon
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2012, 04:08:44 AM »

Stay strong the pair of you at Volgograd, I cant belive that incompetant idiot.
No way in hell that Im seting my foot in that place, Ill do my LL in kurgan instead.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us good look to the both of you. . .

Did you know that on the Kurgan website http://www.ilizarovheightincrease.com/procedure.html there is a pic of a female LL patient who they state did a total of 14 cm (tibs, then femurs) via Ilizarov method?   Truth is she is a Betz patient who did a total of 20 cm (femurs, then tibs) via internal method.   

Also on that website is a pic of the guy smiling with his leg on the table.  Interestingly that exact pic can be found on Dr Rozbruch's (of New York) website. 

Something to think about...
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

I choose Alternative Growing Method!

« Reply #143 on: June 17, 2012, 07:50:23 AM »

Did you know that on the Kurgan website http://www.ilizarovheightincrease.com/procedure.html there is a pic of a female LL patient who they state did a total of 14 cm (tibs, then femurs) via Ilizarov method?   Truth is she is a Betz patient who did a total of 20 cm (femurs, then tibs) via internal method.   

Also on that website is a pic of the guy smiling with his leg on the table.  Interestingly that exact pic can be found on Dr Rozbruch's (of New York) website. 

Something to think about...

The third picture of a 35 year old man who lengthened by 5cm is Volgograd patient. I've seen his picture with his face uncovered in Volgograd portfolio.
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2012, 07:53:27 AM »

Kamui,

My Goodness, how are you? I am soooo glad to hear from you. Please update us with your progress. Will you be coming back to Volgograd for frame removal? Can you walk without crutches? You can private message me if you like.  Smiley
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

« Reply #145 on: June 17, 2012, 08:04:18 AM »

Thank you for sharing Legs7. Many future patients will find these infos very helpful. I am glad that you are already done with LL. Congratulations and God bless!

Thank you too for your support. Overall this experience was not too bad. I just wish they prescribed me stronger painkillers like tramadol or similar to that and wish they've employed more experienced and tactful assistants. But thank God, I am done with LL now and can't wait to go back to my husband who's been so supportive throughout my journey and whom I love lots and lots.
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

« Reply #146 on: June 17, 2012, 08:20:26 AM »

That guy does have a strange way with words.

I hope you are happy with the results and feel good about what you see in the mirror, cause at the end of the day that is all that matters. 

Hi Craig, yes I am happy with the result. I just wanted to say to you big THANK YOU for pointing out that my legs were X shape. I was at the hospital when I started my leg correction under Dr.Tsarkov's care. For some reason he's got an impression that I wanted an X-leg and told a lie to Dr.Barinov that I insisted on turning more in order to achieve X legs. It is a total and utter lie. The only thing I wanted my legs to be straight. I never ever said to him I wanted my legs to be X and he never mentioned that they became X or that I've overcorrected. Dr.Barinov confirmed that my legs are X after you pointed it out to me and agreed to correct them. Now, I believe, my legs are straight.

This is how my legs are looking now

[img]http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t466/legs7/Volgograd1039.jpg?t=1337343793[img]
Lucero02
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2012, 08:35:27 AM »

Congratulations to you Legs7 on a successful outcome!
That doctors assistant there in Volograd is really off his rocker if you ask me.
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2012, 08:39:59 AM »

He claimed that you wanted X-legs? Wow now that is really rich!

I'm happy things turned out well for you. Congratulations.

171.5cm
craig49
LL Legend
MMT Adviser

Credibility 286

« Reply #149 on: June 17, 2012, 09:01:44 AM »

Hi Craig, yes I am happy with the result. I just wanted to say to you big THANK YOU for pointing out that my legs were X shape. I was at the hospital when I started my leg correction under Dr.Tsarkov's care. For some reason he's got an impression that I wanted an X-leg and told a lie to Dr.Barinov that I insisted on turning more in order to achieve X legs. It is a total and utter lie. The only thing I wanted my legs to be straight. I never ever said to him I wanted my legs to be X and he never mentioned that they became X or that I've overcorrected. Dr.Barinov confirmed that my legs are X after you pointed it out to me and agreed to correct them. Now, I believe, my legs are straight.

Well you are most certainly welcome.  I knew right away that it was off like 5 degrees.  Your legs look good now.  This is a good lesson to all, sometimes the doctor is not right.  Not everything can be judged by the x-ray.  Sometimes one needs to step back and look at the overall dynamics of the legs.  Your X-legs were caught at a good time as you were able to correct it still.  When all the swelling goes down, your legs will look even better. 

I am still very cautious about this place, that he wasn't able to pick up the X-Legs without you pointing it out to him.  And I still do wonder of other patients esp the girl in pink jacket.  Either way, your legs look good and you got what you wanted so it all worked out.

That assistant sounds like a total arrogant pain in ass.  Even then though, for clarification, it would only take 1 min for the doctor to ask you , "you want your legs like an X?"  Rather than not bring it up. 
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2012, 09:36:48 AM »

Congratulations to you Legs7 on a successful outcome!
That doctors assistant there in Volograd is really off his rocker if you ask me.

Thank you, Lucero02. Smiley

He claimed that you wanted X-legs? Wow now that is really rich!

I'm happy things turned out well for you. Congratulations.

Thank you, Dookieman. Sometimes I think I should have lengthened a bit more, but 6 pin breaks, my weak condition, ineffective painkillers took its toll on me. I've lost so much weight and was completely exhausted.
Nevertheless, I grew a bit taller. Starting height was 166,5 and now I am 171 when measured in my frames. So, I am kind of happy that I was able to achieve even these few cms.
craig49
LL Legend
MMT Adviser

Credibility 286

« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2012, 09:52:12 AM »

6 pin breaks?  WTF? 

On the pain killers, you are totally in the right.  Doctors and nurses tend to have no idea how painful LL is, I mean most doctors in orthopedics have never even had a broken bone let alone know what it is like to do LL.  Through the real pain, strong pain killers are virtually the only way to survive. 

To date, I think LB was the only person to basically go through the entire first week without painkillers and he talks about it like it was hell.

If you measured 171cm with frames on, chances are that when your frames are off and you can put your legs together, combined with a good rest, your actual height might be more, maybe like 172cm. 

6 pin breaks is not acceptable.  The entire design of the lizarov is that it has suspension, pins should not be breaking all the time.
DSIBlog
Banned
MMT Member

Credibility 53

Banned for lying, threatening, and being a nutjob.

« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2012, 11:29:27 AM »

hey it's me drsarindiaryblog

The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2012, 11:30:43 AM »

Legs7,

Despite of what you went through. I am happy that you are out of X legs now and in consolidation phase.
I wish you all the best for recovery phase.

Cheers
Crazy+6

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2012, 11:39:25 AM »

hey it's me drsarindiaryblog

Great to hear from you. Talk to you tomorrow on Skype. Smiley
DSIBlog
Banned
MMT Member

Credibility 53

« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2012, 11:41:04 AM »

Thanks! Has Felick got a diary on this website? Put up more photos, I wanna see the amazing water bucket!

The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

« Reply #156 on: June 17, 2012, 11:41:27 AM »

Legs7,

Despite of what you went through. I am happy that you are out of X legs now and in consolidation phase.
I wish you all the best for recovery phase.

Cheers
Crazy+6

Thank you, Crazy+6. I think drsarindiaryblog might well be joining you very soon. Smiley
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

« Reply #157 on: June 17, 2012, 11:48:06 AM »

Thanks! Has Felick got a diary on this website? Put up more photos, I wanna see the amazing water bucket!

Unfortunately, she has not. I would not dare to show the world our 'amazing water bucket'. It is too embarrasing.  Undecided

You are a great person. I, Feleck and other girls felt really sorry when you left Volgograd but we all are happy you trusted your gut instincts and made your vital decision.
DSIBlog
Banned
MMT Member

Credibility 53

« Reply #158 on: June 17, 2012, 11:54:09 AM »

Aw thank you! you know if I would of stayed I would of gladly filled that water bucket up everyday.  I'm sure it would of been fine if I stayed simply because it was so great meeting and hanging out with you girls!

Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2012, 01:11:51 AM »

171/172 is pretty good. I'm so glad you got past all those challenges you experienced. Thank goodness for Craig49. The young man knows his stuff.

171.5cm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.