MMT Community
January 16, 2017, 12:46:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Tough love is the best love for people considering Leg Lengthening - the truth hurts, but it's important to be realistic Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Legs7 - External Tibias - Dr.Barinov - 2012 - LL+Correction in Volgograd  (Read 39827 times)
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 09:57:41 PM »

About distraction rate, most doctors suggest about 1mm per day distraction rate until the first 2-2,5 cm and then less, unless there is a danger for premature consolidation.

Yes, but since the average patient plans to lengthen 6-7 cm, then 2/3 of the lengthening will be done at a rate of around .66 mm per day. If Legs7 is going to lengthen 6-7 cm, then she will have her frames on a minimum of 6-8 months after she has finished lengthening. In most instances, patients do not return home to consolidate with their frames on, so I find it very odd that RUSCOM offers a three month package for lengthening when they know that most patients will stay through frame removal.
Legsandme
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 11:45:07 AM »

SysOp, didn't Moshe, Lola and some others come back home with external frames for consolidation phase?
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 01:03:22 PM »

Yes, but since the average patient plans to lengthen 6-7 cm, then 2/3 of the lengthening will be done at a rate of around .66 mm per day. If Legs7 is going to lengthen 6-7 cm, then she will have her frames on a minimum of 6-8 months after she has finished lengthening. In most instances, patients do not return home to consolidate with their frames on, so I find it very odd that RUSCOM offers a three month package for lengthening when they know that most patients will stay through frame removal.
6-8 months are too much for consolidation Sysop, even if you do 7-7,5cm.
If someone has a good callus formation, I think he can finish consolidation at max 5 months after lengthening.
Don't forget that even in lengthening, especially if the distraction rate isn't more than 0,7mm, there is callus formation, so the consolidation phase is not so long.

However, I still believe that a patient can travel back home after lengthening.
I am home from the third day after my operation without any problem, and the consolidation phase is always easier than the lengthening phase I am now.

live strong
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 01:42:21 PM »

6-8 months are too much for consolidation Sysop, even if you do 7-7,5cm.
If someone has a good callus formation, I think he can finish consolidation at max 5 months after lengthening.
Don't forget that even in lengthening, especially if the distraction rate isn't more than 0,7mm, there is callus formation, so the consolidation phase is not so long.

However, I still believe that a patient can travel back home after lengthening.
I am home from the third day after my operation without any problem, and the consolidation phase is always easier than the lengthening phase I am now.

In my opinion 5 months is the exception, not the rule. The average person will need 6-8 months for full consolidation after doing 7cm.

You can absolutely travel home after lengthening, you can even lengthen at home with external fixators on, but it is not recommended. Some people will return home wearing their external fixators to do their consolidation, but most people do not. Most LL patients stay near their doctor until their frames are removed.

SysOp, didn't Moshe, Lola and some others come back home with external frames for consolidation phase?

Yes. Some people have done this. But if you do not have a local doctor who can remove your frames, then you must return to your LL doctor to have them removed. Moshe was in Kurgan in January of 2012, one year after his LL operation in January of 2011 to finish this process. He also spent a large portion of 2011 in Kurgan, even after he was done lengthening.
craig49
LL Legend
MMT Adviser

Credibility 286

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 03:19:55 PM »

Legs7, this is great, I am happy for you and your reasons are spot on.  LL not only makes a person taller but can really alter the entire visible structure. 
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 03:25:38 PM »

Legs7,

It's great to hear that your husband is supporting you for your cosmetic LL.

I personally feel it is great to get supported by family in this surgery. Makes life much more easier.

God bless
Crazy+6

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

I choose Alternative Growing Method!

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 08:14:57 AM »

Legs7, three months is long enough to lengthen 6 cm if you are lengthening .66 mm a day, but lengthening is only the first part of the battle. I'm assuming you are not doing LON. It is my understanding that the 12,500 euro price for surgery and three months of accommodation does not include LON. I have not gotten and answer yet from RUSCOM about what price they charge for LON. If you are not doing LON, how long will you plan to stay in Volgograd until your legs are consolidated enough to have your frames removed?

Hi SysOp,

You are right. I am not doing LON and it is not included in 12,500 euro 3 month package price which includes the surgery itself (putting frames on/removing on completion, full board, physio, bandages and medication). I had my consultation with Dr.Barinov yesterday and enquired about LON. He is not in favour of internal methods and recommends not to have them as it might cause further complications. Having said that he would do LON considering the patient only wants to lengthen by a very small amount.

I was considering going home after 3 or 4 months but he advised me against it unless I've got another doctor back in UK to keep an eye on my recovery. For patients who want to lengthen 7cm ought to stay in Volgograd until frame removal for about 9 months. Would I want to stay here that long? I don't think so. So, now I am seriously weighing things up. He also mentioned it all depends on individual's regenerative and stretching capabilities. More you exercises - quicker recovery. There was a girl who lengthened by 10 cm and finished the whole process in 11 months.

I have to go now for my calf implant removal surgery.

Bye for now.

Wishtobe5ft9
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 02:33:56 PM »

why is the package price of 12500 euros only a 3 month package price, shouldnt it be for the whole period 8-10 months

27 year old Indian
166cm
B.S.
Halfway through M.D.
Apotheosis
International Underwear Model :P
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 02:48:57 PM »

why is the package price of 12500 euros only a 3 month package price, shouldnt it be for the whole period 8-10 months

It's a surgery and lengthening package. Three months is how long they expect you to be lengthening. After that you can stay to consolidate and pay for accommodation on a month-to-month basis, or return home to consolidate with your frames on.

Apotheosis

My personal apotheosis to the very best me I can be. Starting height: 171 cm. 9.5+ cm added to femurs. 10.5+ cm added to tibias. Final Height: 189.5 cm +/-

My femur diary: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,3530.0.html
My tibia diary: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,4202.0.h
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 03:01:42 PM »

Hi SysOp,

You are right. I am not doing LON and it is not included in 12,500 euro 3 month package price which includes the surgery itself (putting frames on/removing on completion, full board, physio, bandages and medication). I had my consultation with Dr.Barinov yesterday and enquired about LON. He is not in favour of internal methods and recommends not to have them as it might cause further complications. Having said that he would do LON considering the patient only wants to lengthen by a very small amount.

I was considering going home after 3 or 4 months but he advised me against it unless I've got another doctor back in UK to keep an eye on my recovery. For patients who want to lengthen 7cm ought to stay in Volgograd until frame removal for about 9 months. Would I want to stay here that long? I don't think so. So, now I am seriously weighing things up. He also mentioned it all depends on individual's regenerative and stretching capabilities. More you exercises - quicker recovery. There was a girl who lengthened by 10 cm and finished the whole process in 11 months.

I have to ho now for my calf implant removal surgery.

Bye for now.

HI Legs7,

I would like to suggest you to rethink about your decision. Wearing Ilizarov frames for 8-9 months is very difficult.

I have gone through that. You should really look to do LON.

Crazy+6

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
craig49
LL Legend
MMT Adviser

Credibility 286

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2012, 07:13:14 AM »

I agree with crazy,

9 months is a very, very long time to have frames on, plus the stares and the fact that you cannot wear pants really.  If you started now, you might have to have frames on till almost the end of 2012.  With LON you could be frame free before summer. 
YVONIE
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2012, 08:22:21 AM »

Hi Legs7, I am also planning to Volgograd from England - should be there in June, and leave in September.
According to Irene, serious problems seldom happen during fixation period, the main reason that people stay until the end is because they don't want their family and friends know they were operated.
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 01:24:34 PM »

Hello everyone,
This is my fifth day in Volgograd. I flew there from Heathrow Airport via Moscow on Sunday 22nd January and the moment I landed to Volgograd I was hit by harsh frost almost instantly. It was -16 that night and right now -14. I had to buy some really warm clothing items from local shopping mall.
I also had to be overcautious when walking along the icy streets to avoid falling down and breaking my legs prematurely.  I was met by Client Manager of the Clinic, Irene, who brought me to Dr.Barinov's Institute to spend a few nights before my surgery. I've been introduced to other three girls, two of whom are undergoing correction at different stages and the third one's surgery was on 23rd January, also here for correction.
On Monday after I've done my blood tests I had my consultation with Dr.Barinov, sorted out the necessary paperwork and full payment. He did LL+Correction mock up for me to see the potential final result. He said that to make me proportionate I only need 1.5cm. 1cm could be achieved by having my correction but if I want more, then 6cm would be enough for my proportions. When he measured my height I was a bit surprised that it came down to 166.5 as opposed to what I thought before, but then again he measured me in the evening. If it was in the morning the result might have been different.
The next day they put me in a taxi to the hospital where Dr.Barinov and Dr.Tsarkov performed the calf implant removal surgery. It was really strange experience. I've never been awake during the surgeries I had in the past. So, they put me on a drip and injected my spinal cord. I could feel the numbness is slowly spreading through my lower part of my body. Eventually, I was totally paralysed. They turned me over and started the surgery. I put my headphones on and listened to some pop songs. I felt absolutely nothing, not a single pinch. It was nice and quick and before I knew it I was wheeled back to my room which I shared with another girl doing lengthening (she hopes  to lengthen up to 10cm). Dr.Tsarkov came into my room shortly after the surgery and advised me not to lie on the pillow but flat on my bed for an hour or so to avoid headache which is normal occurrence as a sideaffect from the anaesthetics. Then he told me I could drink in an hour and eat in an hour and a half. The numbness in my legs eventually slipped away and I regained all my muscle strength and started walking in a few hours. I stayed at the hospital for 3 days in total, after that came back to the clinic. My next actual surgery was sheduled for Thursday/Friday next week and only if calves are healed enough to put the frames on. So, now I am patiently awaiting my next little journey onto the operating theatre.
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2012, 02:07:53 PM »

Body Builder, thank you so much for your support.

Legs7, this is great, I am happy for you and your reasons are spot on.  LL not only makes a person taller but can really alter the entire visible structure.  
Thank you, Craig49. It is so nice to have support from MMT members.

Crazy+6, well, I doubt that Dr.Barinov would do LON as I will be lengthening 6cm now (not 7 as hoped before). Besides, I've paid for everything and it is too late to back off. Main priority for me at the moment is go through the lengthening period and then we'll have to see: I might come back to UK with my frames on or might rent cheaper accommodation during my consolidation period. To lengthen 6cm from start to finish inclusive of fixation period would take me slightly less, around 8 months, I believe.

Hi Legs7, I am also planning to Volgograd from England - should be there in June, and leave in September.
According to Irene, serious problems seldom happen during fixation period, the main reason that people stay until the end is because they don't want their family and friends know they were operated.
That would be great. I might still be here in Volgograd in June, probably renting an apartment...Will definitely come and visit you at the hospital after your admission. Smiley
177cm
n00b

Credibility 1

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2012, 05:39:17 PM »

Hi Legs7 I was wondering about the total cost for LL+correction? I am thinking about doing the same procedure, but only staying
for the three months.  I called my doctor here in sweden and asked if they would treat me if I had the procedure done in russia,
her response was that they arent ever gonna turn some one away.  Meabe its the same in england, I belive that england has free health care as well. .

Sorry for the spelling, not my native language. .
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2012, 06:11:52 PM »

Hi Legs7 I was wondering about the total cost for LL+correction? I am thinking about doing the same procedure, but only staying
for the three months.  I called my doctor here in sweden and asked if they would treat me if I had the procedure done in russia,
her response was that they arent ever gonna turn some one away.  Meabe its the same in england, I belive that england has free health care as well. .

Sorry for the spelling, not my native language. .
Hi,
Please look up the cost for your intended procedure in 'Recommended Leg Lengthening Doctors List - 2012 Pricing Update' section. You'll find answers to most of your questions there.

You are right. There is free healthcare in England and they would never turn someone away if that particular person is in need of care and medical help. However I highly doubt they would remove my Ilizarov frame off when time comes. If I decided to go to England for consolidation phase I will most definetely have to return to Russia for frame removal, unless by pure luck I find an orthopedic surgeon who would do it for me.
Legsandme
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2012, 07:17:19 PM »

Hi, Legs7,

I was surprised with doctors answer about proportions, that 1,5 cm will make your proportions ideal. Personally, I think that with 1,5 cm would be hard to see any difference.

YVONIE
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2012, 07:25:22 PM »

I don't put any hope on the UK surgeons either.  NHS is always long queued, and private doctors response noncommittally - unless you would like to pay for a formal consultation.
Legs7
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 84

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2012, 07:38:29 PM »

Hi, Legs7,

I was surprised with doctors answer about proportions, that 1,5 cm will make your proportions ideal. Personally, I think that with 1,5 cm would be hard to see any difference.

Hi Legsandme,

After taking all my measurements Dr.Barinov came to a conclusion that I would be proportionate with just 1,5cm, which also surprised me. I made him aware that I am determined to achieve more than 1,5cm and suggested 7cm to which he replied that it might be too much for me to lengthen. On the other hand, 6cm would not interfere with my proportions and could result in good and realistic outcome.
177cm
n00b

Credibility 1

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2012, 07:54:16 PM »

I think that you should do both procedures, I personally would regret just doing the corrections and skip LL, maybe not straight away but guaranteed after the consolidation is done.
I feel that it is going to be "all pain and no game"  You are going to go thew pain eater way, you better get as much reward from it as you possible can.  

Hey thatīs just my opinion, I can tell that you are a bright person and will make the right choice for you

Great diary, keep it up.  I'm thinking strongly about doing LL+Correction in Volgograd, maybe ill see you there. . .
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.