MMT Community
February 26, 2017, 02:37:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: MMTA has written a book about about his LL journey.  Click here to buy it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bowleg Correction & Less Than 5 CM of Lengthening  (Read 12882 times)
mtsenga
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« on: February 11, 2012, 01:28:58 PM »

Hi there
I'm seriously thinking of doing less than 5cm, 2-3cm to be exact.  I'd be quite happy with this because

1.  My height and wingspan would then be exactly the same, as it should be.
2.  I reach a nice height of 165cm for a girl which is perfectly respectable, especially being asian!
3.  I do a lot of sport, so I guess the more conservative I am the better. 

I think it's a realistic goal, I won't have to make up crazy stories to my family and friends, and I have a better chance of making a full and quicker recovery.

Would anyone like to share their thoughts?

-Thank you-
OneSevenOne
MMT Contributor

Credibility 19

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 01:39:57 PM »

With respect, why bother?  Especially as a girl you can wear just about any shoe and get that height very comfortably, without looking like a dork wearing something designed for uncle Fester from the Adam's Family, which is what some of the bigger lift shoes look like for men.

Are you trolling?  Why lengthen 2-3 cm and spend tens of thousands and be messed up for the best part of a year?  You can throw on heels going out, most sports shoes give about that lift, and even sandals are huge these days (in Europe at least) with wedges, etc.  If I were you I'd save $5000 up and go on a shoe shopping spree.

"The future doesn’t belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave."

Ronald Reagan
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 01:58:18 PM »

If you consider LL for lengthening only, do at least 5cm.

My runningshoes give me just about 2,5cm.
My lifts give me 9cm.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
mtsenga
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 02:19:46 PM »

I genuinely just want to do that much. I'd be extremely happy with that height, and I don't want to go over my wingspan.

Perhaps if I explain a bit more - I have bow legs and have wanted them corrected for ages. It's a lengthy procedure in itself, and after some reasearch I realised the lengthening can be done at the same time. It's not so much about being my dream height (because in a perfect world I'd be like 5ft 8" and that's just not realistic for me) it's about making the most of what I have whilst maintaining my proportions. For all I know the bow leg correction could be enough to gain the height and if so, I won't legthen.
PerfectBreak
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 02:32:20 PM »

The operation is not nice for your legs/body + the scarring + the time + the money spent. This is not worth 2-3cm of lengthening only. I think you are getting too focused on numbers and that you want perfect proportions. Try taking a couple of books equilevant to 2cm in height. Stand on them too see the difference. Of course this is your individual decision and opinion, but I really do not believe it is worth it nor very noticable.
chuck norris
MMT Contributor

Credibility -4

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 02:48:28 PM »

I think your plan is very wise. If you have bow legs and already need the surgery it's not a problem to also lengthen 2-3 cm to boost your height and you have no reason to go over this number. As you said, 165cm is a perfect height for a girl, especially for an asian. You'll have a great recovery, you'll get back to your previous life faster, do sports just as before, narrower scars, better proportions and so on. And despite what some people might tell you you will definitely feel the extra 2-3cm height.

Good luck and keep up posted.
Ticky
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 02:50:54 PM »

She has said that she has bowed legs and lets be honest would you all not do it just for just correction reasons.
I think the cost would be well worth it , especially if your a girl.  A girl with bowed legs looks alot worse than a guy with bowed legs.

Go get what you want and you will be happy and that will justify the cost

As a side note the correction will take 3 months till fixator removal, even if you lengthen 3 cm you will more than likely have them off 6 weeks late being 4.5months

3cm will make a difference more than you may think, its down to how you carry yourself
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 03:38:29 PM »

Hi Mtsenga,

I agree with your decision of doing 2-3 cm lengthening while you correct your bow leg.
You are right 165 cm is decent height for any Asian girl.
Your reason of being conservative as sports person justify your decision.

Best of luck.

Cheers
Crazy+6

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
PerfectBreak
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 04:12:27 PM »

Having bowlegs is annoying Im sure so correcting that and getting a few cms on top is definately OK in my opinion.
Sweden
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 04:46:30 PM »

Having bowlegs is annoying Im sure so correcting that and getting a few cms on top is definately OK in my opinion.

It wasn't clear at first that she was talking about doing bowlegs correction and then LL as part of the same surgery.

It sounded really stupid lengthening 2cm.

Lengthen hos much/little you want when your correcting your bowlegs mtsenga.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
OneSevenOne
MMT Contributor

Credibility 19

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 05:23:58 PM »

If you look at the first few posts, she did not make the bow legs clear until after my reply.  Why such information would be omitted God only knows. I refuse to believe that anyone would recommend LL for 2-3 cm.

"The future doesn’t belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave."

Ronald Reagan
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 05:34:26 PM »

She didn't make it clear at first that she was talking about bowleg correction plus 2-3 CM of lengthening. After she made it clear, I renamed the post, moved it to the "Correction of Leg Deformities & Bowing" section of the site, and edited a few posts to make it all a bit more clear. If she would have included that information from the beginning, and titled the name of her post so that was clear, there would not have been any confusion. Smiley
Sweden
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 05:55:22 PM »

....... we sure are fast calling folks for troll ´n stuff  Grin

Typical swedish troll  Cheesy 

Cheers - it's saturday!!

mtsenga
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 09:29:39 AM »

thanks for the supportive messages guys, it's really nice........
hope it goes well for all of you too
becomehappy
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 09:41:34 PM »

Quote from: mtsenga link=topic=4568. msg52350#msg52350 date=1328969986
I genuinely just want to do that much.  I'd be extremely happy with that height, and I don't want to go over my wingspan.

Perhaps if I explain a bit more - I have bow legs and have wanted them corrected for ages.  It's a lengthy procedure in itself, and after some reasearch I realised the lengthening can be done at the same time.  It's not so much about being my dream height (because in a perfect world I'd be like 5ft 8" and that's just not realistic for me) it's about making the most of what I have whilst maintaining my proportions.  For all I know the bow leg correction could be enough to gain the height and if so, I won't legthen.
[/quote

hi there,

how are you ? did you get surgery on your leg already?
Margarita
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 03:18:52 PM »

i have the same situation,my tibias are a little bow,I want to correct them while lengthing my tibias for 5-6cm,I prefer Dr. Betz,anyone here know how much months I need until i can walk normally again without crutch  after the surgery? Huh? ???thank you~
altere
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2015, 09:18:15 AM »

Has anyone done bowleg + lengthening at the same time on MMT? Is it recommended to do each procedure separately or both at the same time?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.