MMT Community
June 28, 2017, 01:49:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Words of wisdom from MMTA:
"Leg Lengthening is hard-work and shouldn't be considered by the faint-hearted. Physical and mental strength are needed in great measure!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Please select how much you would like to increase your height by using Leg Lengthening. Thanks!
Under 4 cm
4.1 - 6 cm
6.1 - 8 cm
8.1 - 10 cm
Over 10.1 cm

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How much would you like to increase your height by?  (Read 66636 times)
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« on: September 08, 2006, 11:47:36 AM »

Greetings all!

I have decided to change the discussion thread about this topic to a poll so that people can just tick the box rather than having to post to make it easier for you Smiley

Don't be shy!; I'd like all of our members to vote so that I have an idea about the sort of height increase that most people are hoping for - once you have voted, you will be able to see the results for the poll.

What are you waiting for? Vote now!

Wink

MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 12:37:56 AM »

It looks like 6-8cm is the range that most people would like to heighten by... any thoughts on this?

NPPLCHAMP05
Lurker

Credibility -7

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 01:19:56 AM »

I think most people chose 6-8 because they want a diffrance in hight, and of course if your going to go through that; there better be a diffrance in hight, but also alot of people still want to stay within perportion. Thats my thoughts i know my self im looking o get about 7-7.5cm.

no pain no gain. Arny!:)
jfk
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 05:06:56 AM »

i would choose 7 cms, isnt amazing how this small difference can do in your live,,specially with the ladies...they are very picky..
cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 08:34:36 AM »

Yeah 7.5cm is all good but personally I wouldn't do it all on tibias. First off because it will require a $hit load of work on your ankles and secondly because your tibias will be notacibly big. I mean your going to end up with tibias the same length as a 190cm person. If your looking to stay within proportion, you almost have to do both so your femurs will not look so short. That's just me anyway.

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
cbick

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
Cheers to all the vets and future LL Troopers
NPPLCHAMP05
Lurker

Credibility -7

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 03:40:50 PM »

what do you recommend i go for? SO i dont look messed up.. Cause im trying to stay away from femurs if i can.

MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 03:44:15 PM »

Hi guys,

Yeah 7.5cm is all good but personally I wouldn't do it all on tibias. First off because it will require a $hit load of work on your ankles and secondly because your tibias will be notacibly big.

I agree with CB on this. I think that people looking to get more than 7cm should probably aim to do so on both tibs and femurs to stay in proportion.

I'm just going with my tibs, but will probably not push for more than 6 or 7cm. I think that my tibs are pretty short and my femurs seems quite long (compared to other people I know) and so I'm pretty certain I'll still look in good proportion.

10cm though? I'd never dream about doing that just on my tibs! I'd end up looking like a character from an Anim? cartoon Wink

If you only want to do your tibs, then 5cm is probably ideal. If you want to go for 8cm or more, then do both tibs and femurs.

jd
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 04:53:09 PM »

I agree that if you are going for more than 8cm, then you should definitely have both femurs and tibias done......Personally, I am going for 9 cm (4.5cm for both femurs and tibias to maintain good body proportions, plus if I'm spreading the gains evenly on femurs and tibias, I'm minimizing the strain on the muscles and joints).

The down side to this of course is having to do 2 surgeries instead of 1, paying almost twice as much, and a bit more time to recover. However for me, doing it right and safely is as important, if not more so, than the gains achieved. One thing to remember about LL is that if you go too far in your lengthening and wind up looking disproportionate and awkward, you can't (I don't think) simply ask the dr. to saw off the unwanted length.

I think one of the main reason why most people wants 6-8 cm gain in the polls is that that is the ideal height gain range under 1 surgery, and not everybody is willing to put in the extra money (which is already alot), time, and energy for a second surgery (which the 8-10 cm range would required).

On a side note, those of you (myself included) who are worried about body proportions after LL, here's a link that might be of help....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_proportions

"The length of the shin is equal to the length of the hip for an average adult figure."
"When the body stands upright, the length of the arm is such that the finger tips come down to mid-thigh."
"The arms' wingspan (measured from the tips of the middle fingers) is about equal to the body height."
cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 07:50:47 PM »

You almost have to through that body proportion out the window and hope no one is really going to notice. I mean I myself will be out of proportion after my new height. But since I'm doing equal length in tibia and femur, I can only hope people think that I naturally have longer legs. And I'll just have to worry about my arms later. But I have measued my ars beside people around the height I want to be and my arms are about 1 to 1.5inch short. For the untrained eye, this might not be noticible. But like I said before, where does it end? If you acheive your goal in height(which I will not be doing)will this cause other insacurity problems? That's what I'm most scared of. This is all a psychologicle and once your mind works one way, you can't just say fukc it and turn it off.

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
cbick

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
NPPLCHAMP05
Lurker

Credibility -7

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 12:07:57 AM »

hey cb my uncles being an ass about it so i might be comming over to serbia. I think im going to come down in just check out the hospital and see the doc in december are you going to be there in december? cause i dought i can do it in china now unless i wait a while.

cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2006, 01:15:39 AM »

If everything goes to plan, I'm out of here mid November. If I were you, I would just get all the info and come and do it instead of paying for a plane ticket for nothing. I mean I paid $2000 for a plane ticket to come here and it would of took me alot to turn back. For me, the lack of money was a big thing so I was ready to stay in the worst conditions if that would of been the case. Just so happens that this place ended up being better then I would of thought. After reading so many diaries from different places, I now see that I'm getting the same treatment as the more expensive places.

P.S. This is not an advertisment post, lol. It's just how I feel
TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
cbick

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
NPPLCHAMP05
Lurker

Credibility -7

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2006, 04:51:56 AM »

yea today my uncle basically said this to me with your luck something will happen and you will end up being called stumpy for the rest of your life. So im not giving you the money to do it, but right now i have 7,500 in the bank and im getting 1,000 on a painting job next week, and i work at stop and shop.

jfk
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2006, 04:55:12 AM »

If everything goes to plan, I'm out of here mid November. If I were you, I would just get all the info and come and do it instead of paying for a plane ticket for nothing. I mean I paid $2000 for a plane ticket to come here and it would of took me alot to turn back. For me, the lack of money was a big thing so I was ready to stay in the worst conditions if that would of been the case.

That is great cibick, that is what i am going to do.. i am planning to go i stay the time that is needed to be taller,,, did you take the money with you arrenged to get it wire??? do you thing is a good idea to rent an appartment nearby to saved some money,,,,?? how are the girls... Grin???  i know that serbia is beautifull place along the mediterranean..
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 12:27:01 PM by MMT Admin » Logged
cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2006, 08:20:00 AM »

I opened a bank account here with the doctor and made a wire transfer. Some brought cash. I dunno, there really not picky on how you pay. Yes I think rented an appartment would be a very good idea to save money. As I said before, I would be able to go now being that I know a couple nurses and they would let me live with them. It's so cheap to live here. You would be paying half as much living in a appartment.

The girls in this town are pretty man. To tell you the truth, I've never seen so many skinny girls in my life. Even the guys, it seems like everyone here takes care of their bodies and appearence. They only have one fast food joint(mcdonald's) in this town which is why I think half of the damn population isn't overweight like in th US or Canada. You really have to be here to understand how they live. I mean guy, girls in their 40's still live with their parents because they don't make enough money to go live on their own. And they have good jobs ei:physio therapist, nurses. But they are happy  so that makes it ok I guess.

But going back the girls part. I have a story that will  top all my sex stories for life. One day I was in my room and suddenly the door knocked. This is not unusual as patients, nurses, cooks knock on my door before they come in. So anyway, the door openes and it was this girl patient that was down the hall. She had noticed me a couple times but I never paid attention as I kinda keep to myself here being that I don't speak serbian. It just so happens that this girl spoak very good english so I was happy to talk with her. We get to talking for a couple hours and then she asked me if I had any moey to buy beer. I said yes so she got one of the patients to buy the beer. Well the beer comes back, we get drinking and then she says: "Hurry up and drink your beer so I can take advantage of you." I'm thinking t myself, holly $hit, we're in a hospital and I'm about to get laid, lol.  Well I didn't even get to finish my beer and we went at it. So I locked my door to make sure no one would come in.

Now you have to understand that at this time, I had my devices on my legs and she had a brace on one leg. So here are 2 crippled people trying to have sex. I bent her over and to lay her on her stomach(she couldn't go on her knees with the brace) and started. Well that didn't work because my devices kept on digging into my legs and started to hurt like hell. So we just gave up and watched tv for the rest of the night. But here's the thing, the whole time she was in my room with the door locked, somene knocked on my door 3 different times. The next day I was told not to lock the door anymore because the doctors have to be able to come in. I dunno, it's stupid. But anyway, the next day I had her in my room again. We start at it again but this time without the door locked so it was more of a thrill I guess. This time I just decided to put my hands in her pants and pleasure her that way. We were both sitting on the bed, I had my hand up her pants and she had her hands up my pants. Things were going great untill someone opened the door without even knocking. It was the fukcing guy nurse who was spying on us. He knew something was going on which is why he didn't knock at first. So here we are, like 2 little teenagers who just got caught by their parents. I told him that she was just rubbing my belly, lol. I didn't know what to say. He knew exactly what was going on. So that was the end of that, lol. It's ok though as we are still friends and I want it to remain that way. I can't really afford to get attached here.

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
cbick

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2006, 12:32:08 PM »

Ha-ha!

But going back the girls part. I have a story that will  top all my sex stories for life...

CB, you're the man! You definitely picked the right place to go. Being European myself, I can tell you that the people look after themselves a lot better than in North America and the attitude towards sex is a lot more relaxed... I think you should go back once you've finished your treatment - you'll have an awesome time! Wink

cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2006, 01:16:28 PM »

Well I have to come back anyway in a couple years to take off the internal device in my femurs. I will be making this an extended trip and visiting some places in europe. I can't wait.

cbick

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
NPPLCHAMP05
Lurker

Credibility -7

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2006, 09:35:08 PM »

hey when u metioned that people are poor over there that kind of gets me worried, Does the hospital have any technology in it? Like in america they have x-rays and they have the computer giving off xrays of the bone the whole time they are doing the opeartion.  and  they also have heart monitors, do they have any of that at the hospital in serbia?

cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2006, 10:00:48 PM »

Well I can tell you that the technilogy is not as advanced as America or Canada. I'm not to sure what they use, I never really thought about it. They put you out and you wake up, that's all I care about. If you start worrying about to many details, you'll never make up your mind to do this. They have x-ray machines and they say that my bones are doing good.

TIME IS YOUR FRIENDS
cbick

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
jfk
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 03:18:40 AM »

Ha-ha!

But going back the girls part. I have a story that will  top all my sex stories for life...

CB, you're the man! You definitely picked the right place to go. Being European myself, I can tell you that the people look after themselves a lot better than in North America and the attitude towards sex is a lot more relaxed... I think you should go back once you've finished your treatment - you'll have an awesome time! Wink
that sounds nice, i am very attracted to white girls, and the girls of the ex urss are told to be models tipe... i am concern about the proportions,if the legs are longer than the upper part you think is going to be very obvious...? however, seems that the benefits of being taller overweigth the proportions problem...anyone have seen a person with the final result of the operation....?
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 10:04:51 AM »

i am concern about the proportions,if the legs are longer than the upper part you think is going to be very obvious...? however, seems that the benefits of being taller overweigth the proportions problem...anyone have seen a person with the final result of the operation....?

Hi JFK. There are lots of pictures on the various doctors websites of patients who have undergone LL - the Beijing site and videos show a young Chinese lady who went for extreme lengthening, which gives you an idea of how proportions can change.

Most surgeons will not do more than 5cm on each section of the leg, and this is not too noticeable, but it really does depend on your existing proportions.

It would be a good idea to measure your legs and get a surgeon's expert opinion.

For example, In Beijing it is possible to do 10cm on tibias (like in their case study) but their surgeons told me a maximum of 8cm once they had got my measurements.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.