MMT Community
June 24, 2017, 07:08:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Words of wisdom from sna78:
"Pain is temporary, height is forever!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Please select how much you would like to increase your height by using Leg Lengthening. Thanks!
Under 4 cm
4.1 - 6 cm
6.1 - 8 cm
8.1 - 10 cm
Over 10.1 cm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How much would you like to increase your height by?  (Read 66452 times)
cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 06:17:21 PM »

What you have to do is sit down beside some of your buddies that are the height you would like to be. Then you can compare your upper body and decide how long you want to lengthen. For example:I was 163cm and my buddy was 176cm. Sitting down he was just over 1 inch taller then me. That would mean that if I increase to 176cm, my tibias would be 5/8 longer and my femurs would be 5/8 longer then him. That is not noticible to the average person.

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
cbick

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
Cheers to all the vets and future LL Troopers
juanga944811
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2007, 03:12:21 PM »

I wanna do 10 cms but just in tibs, Because I play Voleibol and with my 166 I never could be in the attack positions
rockii96
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 08:19:25 AM »

I am 5'4" which is considered very average and adequate for a female but I have dreamed of being taller all my life.  where this desire comes from I dont know.... just I think from the desire to own a little more 'self space" in the world, not be the shortest (or near shortest) person in the room all the time.  AND to have a decent chance in athletics...im definitely NOT a fabulous athlete but if I had more height I would sure have such a blast trying...  so at LEAST 5'10 is what I want... which seems like a great big difference but I have no issue putting in the rest, work, and recovery time. its the money thats an issue currently....like most people here I imagine.  Somebody else here mentioned the movie Gattaca where the Ethan Hawke character gets his legs extended using some kind of external method..ha ha..yes!! *I* also saw that scene and got excited too, and this was back in the mid 90's I think... I was still in high school.  Its funny, and maybe its a mental issue, but honestly, this 5'4 business just doesnt fit me.  It feels too "juvenile"... i know thats maybe strange because Ive worked with men barely 1-2 inches if that taller than me, and they did just fine... didnt seem to have any hangups whatsoever about their height and one was a very close friend to me and was a leader at work and everything, says even if there was a magic pill that would make him taller, better looking, whatever, he wont take it, hes doesnt mess with nature and he's content with the way God made him. he had a fairly good life, good friends, a wife he loved and two beautiful children-so just goes to show, the space between ones ears is infinitely more important then the space of ones frame... and I SO respect his philosophy. however... as much as I can respect it, and as much as I try, I just cant accept it for me.  sometimes I wish I could but I dont think I'll ever be comfortable with being at 5'4 for the rest of my life ESPECIALLY now that I know there are options.  Its never a self-esteem issue with me, I feel great about myself now, except for this. its just something that even from a young age, Ive known I have to change.  I know it probably sounds funny or weird, but for some reason Ive always wanted *more* out of my body.  I know ill feel fantastic walking around with this luxurious new height (i think it will feel very luxurious to me until I get used to it)... especially since its something ive always had in such -short- supply before! (excuse the pun) Even though on the surface it may seem like such a superficial thing, I just *know* once i have it done, its going to change my LIFE!
PocketRocket
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 03:36:06 PM »

I am 5'4" which is considered very average and adequate for a female but I have dreamed of being taller all my life.  where this desire comes from I dont know.... just I think from the desire to own a little more 'self space" in the world, not be the shortest (or near shortest) person in the room all the time.  AND to have a decent chance in athletics...im definitely NOT a fabulous athlete but if I had more height I would sure have such a blast trying...  so at LEAST 5'10 is what I want... 

Increasing your height by 6 inches is not being realistic. You havnt mentioned your wingspan but if you went from 5'4 - 5'10 (atleast?!) your proportions would be messed up. I think 6 inches is unrealistic even if you do both tibias and femurs, and the process would be long and arduous. I suggest you read the diaries and MMT FAQ on this forum and re-assess your position and expectations, especially regarding your athletic ambitions.... Based on what Ive read I would not recommend LL as a means of increasing your athletic potential, especially if your looking for a significant increase in height, no way.

The bright side is that your already 5'4, so an increase of like 6cm, which is more practical, would make a great difference.

Peace
pg

Watch your carbon footprint!
Beijing Here I Come... 2009~!
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 07:38:16 PM »

Sorry, 5'10" is never going to happen, but you can probably get 8cm quite happily if you are really that determined Smiley

However, there is no need for a woman of 5'4" to get LL.

Puck
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 09:00:27 PM »

I'd like to be able reach the top shelf in supermarkets with confidence, buy jeans off the peg and have them fit, so about 7-8cm would be my goal.

162.5cm and shrinking!
rockii96
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 04:53:41 AM »

Increasing your height by 6 inches is not being realistic. You havnt mentioned your wingspan but if you went from 5'4 - 5'10 (atleast?!) your proportions would be messed up. I think 6 inches is unrealistic even if you do both tibias and femurs, and the process would be long and arduous. I suggest you read the diaries and MMT FAQ on this forum and re-assess your position and expectations, especially regarding your athletic ambitions.... Based on what Ive read I would not recommend LL as a means of increasing your athletic potential, especially if your looking for a significant increase in height, no way.

The bright side is that your already 5'4, so an increase of like 6cm, which is more practical, would make a great difference.

Peace
pg

I hear what youre saying, but I'm completely decided there is absolutely no way Im backing out-or down- on this. however, youre probably right, 5'10 is a little overboard, especially as im already 5'4. Even if it was easy to make it happen, I guess theres no real need to get that much done. But 5'9 is the lowest I'm willing to settle for. Of course it will be spread out evenly between femurs and tibias. and my wingspan is pretty good actually, I think things will fit more or less fine once everything is done. Whatever slight "off-ness" there might be, I do not feel it will be at all noticeable to all but the most dedicated observer. And for those who didnt know me beforehand, would they automatically just go-"oh yeah, shes obviously traveled half way across the word and spent thousands on that darn LL surgery! its just SO obvious! shes must be one of those crazy LL folk!" LOL... i dont think so.  if anything looks like anything, maybe just a very slight birth abnormality? But I dont think it will even come out as anything near that... We measured the torso of one the girls on my high school soccer team when we were doing uniforms for everyone once, she was 6 feet tall.  turns out, it was ALL her legs. curiously enough her torso was exactly the same length and about the same breadth as mine. And her arms were not significantly longer. So....I have absolutely NO fear that longer legs (even six-footer legs) will automatically make me look like some weird avant-garde manniquin! lol...

as for stopping at 5'9', considering in recovery time that every millimeter counts, and as knowing that there is not much real difference in a single inch, I might be better off just stopping at 5'9, then carrying on all the way to 5'10.  But if I do stop there, it wont be because I feel that 5'10 "just cant happen" or "wont happen" or "shouldnt happen" or whatever other reason people might say. It may be just wiser in that kind of intensive process to stop close enough to my original goal and get basically the same thing, then to spend all the time and money and effort that would be necessary to gain just one more inch. so I can certainly see that argument, but I in NO way agree that 5'10 is in ANY way undoable or shouldnt be done. Why would I??? I am a normally proportioned female, and if you look at a lot of tall girls, not ALL of them have huge torsos or super long arms, as was the case in my teammate I mentioned above. Our torsos were the same size and the arm difference was negligible. She only had very long legs. Everything else between us was more or less the SAME. And yet, somehow, I dont remember her getting very many strange looks as she walked around the campus. Thats because in MANY females, as we usually have shorter torsos then men, we get our height from our legs.  So, if i have an average torso, which I do, I'm not petite at all, and long-ish legs (after the procedures), who exactly is going to think thats anything strange? Not a single person I have ever met.  maybe its different in Europe, who knows?  But on this side of the water, everywhere I have been, with all the leggy girls I have known, its the long long legs, and the average sized torso and arms that have been the norm.  Maybe its different where you guys live.

And Even IF my arms end up look SLIGHTLY off if i went all the way to 5'10, I wouldnt really care. thats basically it. I would NOT care.  most people probably wouldnt take the time to notice or care if they did. And besides, even if they did care, I wouldnt care about THAT! lol.. Im extremely secure in myself (apart from my height). there are much worse "deformaties" out there then having slightly 'too-short' arms... and if that happens, thats a "price" I am VERY willing to pay for the legs and height that I crave. 5'9 OR 5'10!

So, while I may be well within the "average" of american female height, its far below what I want or feel comfortable with currently, and thats why im changing it. Being short I believe has held me back in some ways. so while this technology is currently available to those can find a way to afford it, I plan to make use of it to my FULL ability.  Like most people here, the most limiting factor for me currently is money, but I can overcome that with plenty of discipline, hard work and creativity. I'm already that job. And sorry folks, while I appreciate all your knowledgeable concerns, its my body and i know whats right for it and me. Who's to say who should, and shouldnt, be able to get this surgery? isnt that what this whole forum is about?? Those who feel the need to do this, despite their current height (or lack of it)? Im sure that most people who have never been on this forum would say that ANYONE doing this for a 'cosmetic" reason is wrong...does everyone else here agree with that? I doubt it, because from what I've read that basically applies to all of us. It seems most of us here are doing this for a "cosmetic" reason, not because we have a bowed leg or leg length differential or anything like that. 

Height, like many things, is highly personal and subjective. There are many short people completely comfortable with their height and wouldnt think about changing it (and would probably think anyone contemplating this sort of drastic measure has a few screws loose.) Then there are the rest of us that, for WHATEVER reason, find our god-given height lacking and want to improve upon it. Is that wrong? I dont think so... i say to anyone who's willing to pay the price in effort and money to make this sort of extreme change to simply GO for it.

MMT, just because Im a woman of so-called average height, you feel I dont have the right to do this?? Thats a bit offensive dont you think?? I appreciate very much the forum that you started here, but that doesnt make you the final word on this for everyone who ever comes here. We all still all have  our own personal choices to make. You have the right to your opinion, but it is just that. Your opinion. I would say that someone shorter than myself would have more of a reason to do it, but not more of a RIGHT. I have just as much a right to do this, if I feel the need, as anyone else here.

I may still be a newbie here, ive only posted a couple of times, but I have read a lot on this site as well as the diaries, very wonderful resources all and thanks very much to all who have shared. I dont do things lightly. I know the drill, I know what its all about, insofar as what you can learn by reading and not firsthand experience. As far as the dedication required, I may be still shy of 30 (barely) but I did 8.5 yrs in the navy in a job very grueling overall, and of course always in the demographic minority. there was plenty of stress and craziness. lets just say, I know how to handle things. Everything thats vital and relevant to me, at least.  In some ways, this may be even be easier, but regardless, it doesnt even matter. whatever this takes, it doesnt f***ing matter to me. this is MY life, MY decision, and its as good as done to me.   5'8, 5'9, whatever. the details are unimportant to me (they will become more important-and settled out-as the time rolls near).  I KNOW im going to do this and I cannot wait. I'm doing one of the internal methods (absolutely NO question on that) as soon as I have all the money ready and its going to be AWESOME.  maybe not so much the pain and recovery, but overall, yes, it will be awesome. 
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2008, 10:03:28 AM »

MMT, just because Im a woman of so-called average height, you feel I dont have the right to do this?? Thats a bit offensive dont you think?? I appreciate very much the forum that you started here, but that doesnt make you the final word on this for everyone who ever comes here. We all still all have  our own personal choices to make. You have the right to your opinion, but it is just that. Your opinion. I would say that someone shorter than myself would have more of a reason to do it, but not more of a RIGHT. I have just as much a right to do this, if I feel the need, as anyone else here.

Sorry, but you need to read more carefully - I said that there was no NEED for a woman of 5'4" to have LL - no one mentioned anything about your right.

Many women ruin their bodies for cosmetic surgeries that they think will make them more attractive, but are just a response to psychological issues and neuroses - there is no evidence (empirical or anecdotal) that a woman becoming taller makes her more attractive - it actually has the opposite effect.

Similarly, women who get breast implants up to GG think that it makes them more attractive, but it doesn't.

However, it is entirely their right to do so - I have never (and I don't think that anyone has ever) suggested that someone shouldn't have a right to do anything that they want. Whether or not what they want is actually sensible is an entirely different conversation - if you're going to have discussions here, you'll have to sharpen up on your detail as you're dealing with some seriously intelligent and educated people here.

You of course have a right to attempt to do 6 inches of lengthening, assuming that you have the time and money to do it, and in the unlikely event that you could find a surgeon that would do it for you.

However, if you do, you're going to be very unhappy with the results - you'll never go to the gym again and you'll be extremely conscious when it comes to being naked in front of others, based on the testimony of others, and what I have seen with my own eyes.

If you want to post here without getting the input and opinions of others, then you're in the wrong place.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 01:14:04 PM by MMT Admin » Logged

goman
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 04:43:07 PM »

I am 5'4" which is considered very average and adequate for a female but I have dreamed of being taller all my life.  where this desire comes from I dont know.... just I think from the desire to own a little more 'self space" in the world, not be the shortest (or near shortest) person in the room all the time.  AND to have a decent chance in athletics...im definitely NOT a fabulous athlete but if I had more height I would sure have such a blast trying...  so at LEAST 5'10 is what I want... which seems like a great big difference but I have no issue putting in the rest, work, and recovery time. its the money thats an issue currently....like most people here I imagine.  Somebody else here mentioned the movie Gattaca where the Ethan Hawke character gets his legs extended using some kind of external method..ha ha..yes!! *I* also saw that scene and got excited too, and this was back in the mid 90's I think... I was still in high school.  Its funny, and maybe its a mental issue, but honestly, this 5'4 business just doesnt fit me.  It feels too "juvenile"... i know thats maybe strange because Ive worked with men barely 1-2 inches if that taller than me, and they did just fine... didnt seem to have any hangups whatsoever about their height and one was a very close friend to me and was a leader at work and everything, says even if there was a magic pill that would make him taller, better looking, whatever, he wont take it, hes doesnt mess with nature and he's content with the way God made him. he had a fairly good life, good friends, a wife he loved and two beautiful children-so just goes to show, the space between ones ears is infinitely more important then the space of ones frame... and I SO respect his philosophy. however... as much as I can respect it, and as much as I try, I just cant accept it for me.  sometimes I wish I could but I dont think I'll ever be comfortable with being at 5'4 for the rest of my life ESPECIALLY now that I know there are options.  Its never a self-esteem issue with me, I feel great about myself now, except for this. its just something that even from a young age, Ive known I have to change.  I know it probably sounds funny or weird, but for some reason Ive always wanted *more* out of my body.  I know ill feel fantastic walking around with this luxurious new height (i think it will feel very luxurious to me until I get used to it)... especially since its something ive always had in such -short- supply before! (excuse the pun) Even though on the surface it may seem like such a superficial thing, I just *know* once i have it done, its going to change my LIFE!

I completed 6 inches LL on one of my legs, 5 on the other, so I want you to know that it is possible, but extreme.  [see diary "Double internals to new heights"]

If you have not already a long history of physical and mental rigor, I don't recommend such extreme LL. 

If anyone on this forum makes you feel insecure about what you want, you need to seriously re-think what you want.  You need to have exactly what you want visualized before you go into that operating room.

best wishes   Smiley
monee37
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2008, 12:28:10 AM »

Our torsos were the same size and the arm difference was negligible. She only had very long legs. Everything else between us was more or less the SAME. And yet, somehow, I dont remember her getting very many strange looks as she walked around the campus. Thats because in MANY females, as we usually have shorter torsos then men, we get our height from our legs.  So, if i have an average torso, which I do, I'm not petite at all, and long-ish legs (after the procedures), who exactly is going to think thats anything strange? Not a single person I have ever met.  maybe its different in Europe, who knows?  But on this side of the water, everywhere I have been, with all the leggy girls I have known, its the long long legs, and the average sized torso and arms that have been the norm.  Maybe its different where you guys live.

haha actually men have longer legs, but women have adipose tissue or so called "curves" that give the illusion of longer legs  Smiley

I <3 wikipedia
Lenny
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2008, 09:54:46 AM »

... and you'll be unconscious when it comes to being naked in front of others...
hahaha, spelling mistake i know, just thought it was funny Tongue
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2008, 01:14:25 PM »

hahaha, spelling mistake i know, just thought it was funny Tongue

Hehe! Good spot Smiley

GrownGrowth
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2008, 05:28:09 PM »

Regarding rockii, there are at least 2 people that have done approximately 6 inches split between segments on this forum.
littleangel
MMT Contributor

Credibility 10

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2008, 03:49:18 PM »

Guys,it's very possible...look 8 inches..
This is NOT a fake picture,the girl is real,she was like 140 cm and now she is 160 cm.
And she Does look fine to me.Dr Betz is a wizzard or something.. Grin
http://www.betzinstitute.com/height-increase.htm
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 04:03:51 PM by littleangel » Logged

“Everything you can imagine is real.”

~from 150 cm to 166 cm~
Bruce
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 231

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2008, 06:04:27 PM »

Guys,it's very possible...look 8 inches..
This is NOT a fake picture,the girl is real,she was like 140 cm and now she is 160 cm.
And she Does look fine to me.Dr Betz is a wizzard or something.. Grin
http://www.betzinstitute.com/height-increase.htm

As Goman said in another post shes got her hands behind her back.In my opinion if her arms looked proportional there is no way they would have told her to put them behind her back,I'm sure they must look off.Her legs also look way too long IMO.
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2008, 07:26:18 PM »

While I did my procedure with Dr. Betz, He had a guy there in Gemany who was from Norway. He has doing 10CM on Femurs and 10CM on Tibs. Not at the same time of coarse....So, Betz is lengthening patients for large gains! I am not saying that I advocate it, but according to some patients that I have kept in touch with, He is being successful!  Smiley

Americanpimp
LL Veteran
MMT Contributor

Credibility 61

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2008, 10:13:54 PM »

I agree with Bruce.  Why would you take a picture with your arms behind your back if you don't have anything to hide.

Now in the 180cm club!
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2008, 10:59:15 PM »

As Goman said in another post shes got her hands behind her back.In my opinion if her arms looked proportional there is no way they would have told her to put them behind her back,I'm sure they must look off.Her legs also look way too long IMO.

Absolutely right, Bruce - there is NO way for someone to do 7 or 8 inches and to be happy with their proportions - you may be taller, but the freaky proportions that it would lead to would be very disappointing.

No way would she pose with her arms in front or by her sides Wink

Leonardo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2009, 08:42:23 AM »

I would like more than a 10 cm gain..my dream is 15 cm ...Tibia's should get more than what my Femurs should because i can tell they are shorter tough its not noticeable,anyway when time comes i am sure the Dr will give me his opinion.
Michael
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2009, 06:51:09 AM »

10 centimeters.

Im 19 years old and 5'4 and would like to be 5'8.  5'10 would be a dream but i know its not realistic doing the albizza method by dr. betz and not to mention the additional money and time that would be needed. 5'8 would finally give me peace and happiness.No longer would i be called the 'lil guy' or 'too short'. No longer would i have to be insecure and wear lifts. Reagular shoes and shorts would be back...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.