MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 05:48:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 99   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tall - Internal Tibias - Dr. Mahboubian - 2012 - A PRECICE Journey to Proportion  (Read 468803 times)
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« on: February 20, 2012, 05:00:11 AM »

As some of you know I competed my Internal Femur LLing with Dr. Augustine Betz in Fall 2006. Since that time I have enjoyed my current height: 188CM. The height increase has been amazing! During the past few years I have been experiencing minor knee pain & discomfort. During various examinations by orthopedic doctors, I have been advised that in order to avoid future problems with my knees (arthritis) that I needed to correct the discrepancy between my femur/tibia ratio which was caused by my femur legthening. Don't get me wrong, I am very proud of my lengthening with Dr. Betz as I was his first 11CM patient. But, this confirms what I already knew & that was that most individuals should not legthen beyond 7.5 CM. I state this in most cases, as I know everyone's body is different and there are exceptions to the rule.

So I will be legthening both of my tibias separately by 6.5 CM with the new PRECICE nail starting on April 5, 2012 in Hollywood, CA with Dr. Shahab Mahboubian, D.O., MPH. Please stay tuned for a detailed diary.

Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

It's expensive, staying human.

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 11:03:24 AM »

As some of you know I competed my Internal Femur LLing with Dr. Augustine Betz in Fall 2006. Since that time I have enjoyed my current height: 188CM. The height increase has been amazing! During the past few years I have been experiencing minor knee pain & discomfort. During various examinations by orthopedic doctors, I have been advised that in order to avoid future problems with my knees (arthritis) that I needed to correct the discrepancy between my femur/tibia ratio which was caused by my femur legthening. Don't get me wrong, I am very proud of my lengthening with Dr. Betz as I was his first 11CM patient. But, this confirms what I already knew & that was that most individuals should not legthen beyond 7.5 CM. I state this in most cases, as I know everyone's body is different and there are exceptions to the rule.

So I will be legthening both of my tibias separately by 6.5 CM with the new PRECICE nail starting on April 5, 2012 in Hollywood, CA with Dr. Shahab Mahboubian, D.O., MPH. Please stay tuned for a detailed diary.

So wait, you're going to be 194.5cm? That's...wow.  6'4.5". 

Current height: 176.5cm
Sitting height: 93.25cm

Target height: 181.5cm
jason_bourne
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 07:30:02 PM »

so are you able to use medial insurance because it causes you pain?
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 08:27:45 PM »

Maybe increasing 11cm your height wasn't a wise choice, moreover when you were already average.
You should have stopped at 8cm imo and continue your life without any problem and the need of  doing another LL.

But as you said, it was your choice and you knew the consequenses, so , although I can't agree with what you did, I wish you a riskfree and fast second LL procedure.

live strong
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 09:58:13 PM »

Wow, Tall you're such an inspiration. I'm considering taking out loans and going to Cali to get surgery with Dr. Mahboubian as well. What a boss, I'm gonna rep you every time you post something in your diary. Good for you, and I cannot wait.

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 10:30:13 PM »

So wait, you're going to be 194.5cm? That's...wow.  6'4.5". 

Hey Quixotic,

Yes, I will be, but I did not ever intend to ever go past 188CM initially. 6'2" is a great height! Because of the dis-proportion between my femurs & tibias & also a slight Genu varum condition of my tibias I will. 

God Bless,
Tall

Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 10:44:17 PM »

Maybe increasing 11cm your height wasn't a wise choice, moreover when you were already average.
You should have stopped at 8cm imo and continue your life without any problem and the need of  doing another LL.

But as you said, it was your choice and you knew the consequenses, so , although I can't agree with what you did, I wish you a riskfree and fast second LL procedure.

Hey BB,

I agree with you. Most patients should never go over 7.5 CM. Like most posters on this forum I continue to be an advocate for this. You can read an account of my first procedure in the Life After Leg Lengthening Section: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,611.0.html 

I actually did my lengthening before I had knowledge of this forum. I also think that the MMT forum may have come into existence just as I was completing my procedure. That is why this forum is so important & I have chosen to share my tibia lengthening experience with the other members on this site.

You should be very close to the end of lengthening my friend! Keep up the great work!

God Bless,

Tall

Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 11:05:29 PM »

so are you able to use medial insurance because it causes you pain?

No  Smiley

Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 11:07:13 PM »

Wow, Tall you're such an inspiration. I'm considering taking out loans and going to Cali to get surgery with Dr. Mahboubian as well. What a boss, I'm gonna rep you every time you post something in your diary. Good for you, and I cannot wait.

Thanks Arche!

Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 02:04:40 AM »

Hey BB,

I agree with you. Most patients should never go over 7.5 CM. Like most posters on this forum I continue to be an advocate for this. You can read an account of my first procedure in the Life After Leg Lengthening Section: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,611.0.html 

I actually did my lengthening before I had knowledge of this forum. I also think that the MMT forum may have come into existence just as I was completing my procedure. That is why this forum is so important & I have chosen to share my tibia lengthening experience with the other members on this site.

You should be very close to the end of lengthening my friend! Keep up the great work!

God Bless,

Tall

Thank you for your kind words my friend.

Yes, on the other week I am finishing lengthening.
I hope I won't have any problems like yours after reaching about 8,1-2cm (this is my final target) because I don't want to do another LL, especially in femurs!
But everything is possible so I we'll see in the future what my condition will be.

I am looking forward for your new diary and I wish you the best.

live strong
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 02:54:46 AM »

Thank you for your kind words my friend.

Yes, on the other week I am finishing lengthening.
I hope I won't have any problems like yours after reaching about 8,1-2cm (this is my final target) because I don't want to do another LL, especially in femurs!
But everything is possible so I we'll see in the future what my condition will be.

I am looking forward for your new diary and I wish you the best.

Thanks BB!

I think you will be fine. 8CM has been done by many LLers. Although My knee pain is now minor, the surgery is also precautionary to help insure that I will not have problems as I get older. My tibias are also slightly bowed so this in conjunction with my longer femurs has been identified as the culprit for my pain. Like you, I have worked very hard at gaining my new height & I want to able to enjoy it for many years to come!

God Bless,

Tall

Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 03:02:01 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PVQBR0Zxvg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PVQBR0Zxvg</a>

Here is a great video showing the distraction process of the Precice Lengthening Nail on a actual patient! I have been told that distraction is painless compared to both the Albizza & ISKD because the distraction site is not twisted with the ratcheting motions of the other nails.

hanzomon
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 03:34:46 AM »

Hey Quixotic,

Yes, I will be, but I did not ever intend to ever go past 188CM initially. 6'2" is a great height! Because of the dis-proportion between my femurs & tibias & also a slight Genu varum condition of my tibias I will. 

God Bless,
Tall

Are you SURE you never intended or hoped to get to live someday as a 6ft 5 man, LOL?   ;-)
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 03:44:18 AM »

Are you SURE you never intended or hoped to get to live someday as a 6ft 5 man, LOL?   ;-)

LOL  Smiley The returns are pretty diminished on anything over 6'1"

jwow
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 03:05:39 AM »

What doctors offer PRECISE device?  And how much does it cost to do it in Cali? When did you take your Betz rod out? 
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 06:20:18 AM »

What doctors offer PRECISE device?  And how much does it cost to do it in Cali? When did you take your Betz rod out?  

Dr. Mahboubian in Hollywood, CA. Here is his website: http://heightlengthening.com/
As for the price, please email Dr. Mahboubian here: http://heightlengthening.com/contact/

Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 06:30:00 AM »

Video of the First North American patient to receive the PRECICE Remote Control leg-lengthening device!  
http://www.limblengtheningdoc.org/First_North_American_Patient_To_Receive_A_New_Leg_Lengthening_Device.html

Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

It's expensive, staying human.

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 09:08:16 PM »

Tall, aren't you worried about being 6'5"? The 6'5" in my year is the tallest guy in our year and, well, most people consider him too tall :/ girls included.  I'm sure you're a good looking guy since you are/were a model but aren't you worried it might detract from that? But as long as your happy I suppose all is well...

Current height: 176.5cm
Sitting height: 93.25cm

Target height: 181.5cm
brother11
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility 110

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 09:47:49 AM »

Hi Tall,

Wow! These LL procedures are advancing rapidly now and sort of coming out into the public domain, yet we patients still require anonymity.  I wish you were not experiencing pain, I know how hard that is to live with, some days worse than others.  You know, I and others like us,  wish you the very best success and longevity.

Did Dr. Mahbaubian, accept you as his patient because of leg length segment discrepency or because of the prognosis of the more serious arthritis prevention?  I mean you're not short.  And...

Can this new internal device apply to femur lengthening?  Will it be weight bearing, (like walking) during lengthening?

truly,

brother11
tanktics
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 12:42:51 PM »

Not sure if you can discuss this - but how much did it cost?

Alot of us are interested in lengthening in the United States with an internal device, but Paley wasn't really competitive with Betz or Guichet in terms of pricing. He is now, but still on the high side.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 99   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.