MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 06:53:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tall - Internal Tibias - Dr. Mahboubian - 2012 - A PRECICE Journey to Proportion  (Read 468824 times)
lobster
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #1940 on: September 14, 2014, 12:00:07 AM »

So do you mean if the doctor order it, I can take the xray anywhere with the order?
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #1941 on: September 14, 2014, 07:41:33 AM »

Yes, if it's in the same country....

lobster
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #1942 on: September 14, 2014, 02:41:35 PM »

Will the radiologist and the local doctor discussed your xray? 
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #1943 on: September 30, 2014, 12:12:14 AM »

Hey Tall. What pant inseam typically for you best when you were 6'2? I'm guessing that at that height I'd be a 34 or 35 and, to be honest, I'm a bit concerned about my proportions. 6'2 is definitely my dream height though, and it will make me feel like I am the person I'm supposed to be.

Like you, I have an armspan of 186CM, and I think that my arms will probably look fine since your pics at 6'4+ look great with that arm span and my mockups typically don't show arms that are noticably too short.

However, my sitting height is only 96CM instead of your 99CM. My starting height is about equal to yours. Do you think that this difference in siting height would make me look disproportionate at 6'2 or 188CM, based on your own experience?

Thanks,
MiracleGrow

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #1944 on: September 30, 2014, 03:35:44 AM »

Probably not, but height looks different on everyone, build comes into play also. You should be OK, the best way is to make your decision as you're in the lengthening phase. Be very critical when you look in the mirror & make your decision then.

MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #1945 on: September 30, 2014, 03:50:20 AM »

Cool, thanks for your help! Were you allowed to safely stand in a natural position to look at your proportions in the mirror while lengthening with Precise?

I weigh ~165lbs and am worried that I may bend or break the nails by doing so. Not even two Precise 2 nails can bear my weight on their own. I guess I'll just have to judge my proportions while standing with crutches if I do opt to go with Precise 2, which is a definite possibility.

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #1946 on: July 19, 2015, 04:17:04 AM »

Long time no update. Smiley I am scheduled for my tibiae nails removal with Dr. M on Aug 6, 2015. My tibiae has been healed for 2 years but because of career & family obligations I have not had the time to have them removed until this Summer. My surgery will be an out patient procedure & I should be home 8 hours after the start of surgery. Keep me in your prayers....I will post pictures & an update after removal.

hanzomon
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #1947 on: July 21, 2015, 09:41:42 AM »

wow, time flies and my envy grows! Congrats!
Am somewhat worried or hesitant to proceed because of the lack/absence of other tibia PRECICE patients.  Do you know or have a good sense of how many patients have successfully undergone it after you?
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #1948 on: July 22, 2015, 04:20:10 AM »

Yes it flies by, two LLings on both my femurs & tibiae & now fully recovered. I have no idea how many patients have undergone Precice tibia lengthening. You'll have to ask Dr. M's office.

BelowTheMean
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #1949 on: July 22, 2015, 07:58:15 PM »

Long time no update. Smiley I am scheduled for my tibiae nails removal with Dr. M on Aug 6, 2015. My tibiae has been healed for 2 years but because of career & family obligations I have not had the time to have them removed until this Summer. My surgery will be an out patient procedure & I should be home 8 hours after the start of surgery. Keep me in your prayers....I will post pictures & an update after removal.

Congrats, Tall! Are you looking forward to being completely done with LL?
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #1950 on: July 23, 2015, 01:25:26 AM »

Well although I have not had my tibiae nails out, I've really moved on from LLing a few years ago. I do understand what you mean though. It will be nice to be free of the tibiae hardware, even though it really doesn't bother me.

peaceout
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #1951 on: December 02, 2015, 01:10:48 PM »

Hey tall its been over 4 months since last post how are you? do you have any problems on your knees or something else? i hope ur ok man :)
Cheers!
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #1952 on: December 03, 2015, 01:13:12 AM »

Did you feel any difference without the nail in your body?

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #1953 on: December 03, 2015, 08:46:50 AM »

Hey Sweden,

Because of business obligations I had to put my nail removal off until Jan 7th. It's now about 1 month out, so I'll let you know.

Regards,

Tall

Dr. Manhattan
« Reply #1954 on: January 03, 2016, 02:52:58 AM »

Tall,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us all.  It takes a lot of time and energy to maintain an extensive diary.  Your journal was instrumental in helping me to decide on Dr.  Mahboubian for tibia lengthening.  I have lengthened my femurs with Dr.  Guichet previously and will schedule the tibia op in May.  I will share my complete experience with the forum.  Thank you to the pioneers MMT and Mystery Man also! If I hadn't read those diaries and seen those photos all those years ago, I would have never taken the leap.  It's hard to believe that it has been over 10 years since I first happened upon this forum! This is not the place for this question, but I would like to get in contact with SysOp to start a diary and customize my profile pic.  Moderators . . .  will you get back to me on this?
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #1955 on: January 05, 2016, 04:00:29 AM »

Tall,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us all.  It takes a lot of time and energy to maintain an extensive diary.  Your journal was instrumental in helping me to decide on Dr.  Mahboubian for tibia lengthening.  I have lengthened my femurs with Dr.  Guichet previously and will schedule the tibia op in May.  I will share my complete experience with the forum.  Thank you to the pioneers MMT and Mystery Man also! If I hadn't read those diaries and seen those photos all those years ago, I would have never taken the leap.  It's hard to believe that it has been over 10 years since I first happened upon this forum! This is not the place for this question, but I would like to get in contact with SysOp to start a diary and customize my profile pic.  Moderators . . .  will you get back to me on this?

Sure. I can start a diary for you. Also, let me know what profile pic you want. When is your surgery?
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #1956 on: January 05, 2016, 06:34:11 AM »

Tall,

Glad my diary was helpful! Dr. M is a great choice & you'll be in great hands! PM me if you have any questions.

On another note, I am finally having my nails removed this Thursday by Dr. M. My legs have been totally healed for years now, just haven't had the time to have the nails removed. I will post pics of the OP & X-rays.

Dr. Manhattan
« Reply #1957 on: January 05, 2016, 08:35:22 AM »

Sysop,

Thanks for your reply.  The surgery will be in May.  I emailed you the pic I'd like to use.  Let me know if it will work. 
Dr. Manhattan
« Reply #1958 on: January 09, 2016, 04:49:29 PM »

Tall,

Can I ask how many physical therapy sessions you had in total during the process? Did you travel to a center or did a therapist come to you? From reading your diary, it seems that your soft that tissues did not limit your lengthening goal . . .  and you gained maximum distraction.  I would like to distract the full 8 cm on my tibias.  In your experience, do you think it will be possible? Apotheosis went well beyond this length, and seems to have recovered well.  Any advice is appreciated. 
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #1959 on: January 09, 2016, 08:31:44 PM »

Glad my diary was helpful! Dr. M is a great choice & you'll be in great hands! PM me if you have any questions.

On another note, I am finally having my nails removed this Thursday by Dr. M. My legs have been totally healed for years now, just haven't had the time to have the nails removed. I will post pics of the OP & X-rays.

I also want to know about therapy. Did insurance cover any of that ?
Plus can you get away with just a few sessions and the rest can u do yourself if u r disciplined yourself ?
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.