MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 05:45:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from sna78:
"Pain is temporary, height is forever!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 [99]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tall - Internal Tibias - Dr. Mahboubian - 2012 - A PRECICE Journey to Proportion  (Read 468802 times)
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #1960 on: January 09, 2016, 11:59:20 PM »

I also want to know about therapy. Did insurance cover any of that ?
Plus can you get away with just a few sessions and the rest can u do yourself if u r disciplined yourself ?

Yes, my insurance covered 70% of my therapy costs. If you are really, really disciplined you probably could do it yourself. I would not advise it. If nothing else, some days you just need your therapist to motivate you.

On a side note, I had my nails removed on Thursday in an out-patient procedure. All is well. I will post the x-rays soon & update on the differences I notice without the hardware in my tibiae.

a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #1961 on: January 10, 2016, 12:31:37 AM »

Yes, my insurance covered 70% of my therapy costs. If you are really, really disciplined you probably could do it yourself. I would not advise it. If nothing else, some days you just need your therapist to motivate you.

On a side note, I had my nails removed on Thursday in an out-patient procedure. All is well. I will post the x-rays soon & update on the differences I notice without the hardware in my tibiae.

you removed the rod wayyy after the op right ?
Thx, very inspiring. Also you think if I get the therapist to come to my home, you think a large enough portion would still be included in the insurance ??
i know you do not know my situation but , any thoughts !
Dr. Manhattan
« Reply #1962 on: January 31, 2016, 08:14:29 PM »

Tall,

How did the surgery go? Hope you're doing well.
Limblizzy
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #1963 on: February 26, 2016, 06:56:22 PM »

Hello! I recently completed limb lengthening with dr Mahboubian.  How do I open a diary to share my experience?
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #1964 on: February 29, 2016, 06:52:27 AM »

Hello! I recently completed limb lengthening with dr Mahboubian.  How do I open a diary to share my experience?

Hi,

If you post 10 or more times the forum will let you create a new topic. This feature is found near the top of the website. PM me if you have problems. Congrats on getting taller!

Tall

Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #1965 on: April 04, 2016, 10:09:52 PM »

Hey Tall hope you're doing well.  Did you ever get your nails removed If yes how bad was the scaring and could you walk right after as advertised?
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #1966 on: April 05, 2016, 04:44:11 AM »

Hey Tall hope you're doing well.  Did you ever get your nails removed If yes how bad was the scaring and could you walk right after as advertised?

Yes, nails were removed by Dr. M in Jan. Yes, I could walk. Scaring is the same as when the nails go in. They reopen the same incisions. They have already started to fade.

God Bless,

Tall

nextinline34
« Reply #1967 on: April 09, 2016, 03:35:41 AM »

How's your athleticism?
What percent are you at? 70? 80? 90? 100???!??!?
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #1968 on: April 12, 2016, 04:31:50 AM »

How's your athleticism?
What percent are you at? 70? 80? 90? 100???!??!?
I would say I'm at 80% of my pre-LLing athletic abilities, but you have to remember I lengthened 6.5 inches.

nextinline34
« Reply #1969 on: May 30, 2016, 04:06:30 AM »

Could you gain it back if you worked at it?

My goal is 3 or 4 inches, equally. That's 1.5 or 2 inches in both tibia and femur.
If I am a pure athlete, how much could you, someone who has had this surgery, expect to recover?

Does your gait and walk look unnatural or different from a normal gait?
Can you function 100 normally? Bend over to reach things?

Thanks for help.

Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #1970 on: May 31, 2016, 04:37:24 AM »

Could you gain it back if you worked at it?

My goal is 3 or 4 inches, equally. That's 1.5 or 2 inches in both tibia and femur.
If I am a pure athlete, how much could you, someone who has had this surgery, expect to recover?

Does your gait and walk look unnatural or different from a normal gait?
Can you function 100 normally? Bend over to reach things?

Thanks for help.

I walk perfectly, my gait is fine, I dance, jog, etc. I've been too busy with my business to devote any real time to working out or training, so I don't know. I feel it's at 80% because that is what I experience when fooling around at the park, shooting hoops, etc.

nextinline34
« Reply #1971 on: May 31, 2016, 07:37:06 AM »

Thanks bro.

PS: there's always time for 3 sets of 10 squats  Roll Eyes
egmedo2101
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #1972 on: January 23, 2017, 07:56:45 AM »

Hello tall please i need your help
I did external tibias with TSF
And I lengthened 8 cm
While still lengthening i had bad ballerina with 2 cm i was at almost 6 cm of lengthening
My surgeon did GSR and also put feet ring arround both feet
Since that surgery i had bad tingling in my feet
Right now i have no ballerina and i am still have the frame and most likely will remove it within 3 weeks  as i will make exactly 8 months in frame
I am just worry about that tingling in my feet , is that will be permanent?? As i am worry it might be neuropathy!!
Also at morning time I always have bad pains and feel my muscles too stiff
Thanks alot for you for help and sharing your story
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 [99]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.