MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 06:37:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from sna78:
"Pain is temporary, height is forever!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 99   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tall - Internal Tibias - Dr. Mahboubian - 2012 - A PRECICE Journey to Proportion  (Read 468814 times)
jmnj06
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 01:56:06 PM »

Hi tall I am a newbie to MMT.  I really want to stay in the US, because of this new technology, how much does Dr.  Mahboubian costs? I looked all over his website could not find it.  I checked out Dr.  Paleys site and he said he would only go 6. 5cm on Tibias with this precise, I really want to do atleast 3 inches 7. 5 cm on my tib/fib will he go that high with this precise technology?

tanktics
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 01:56:59 PM »

The PRECICE hasn't been approved for more than 6.5cm yet. So you'll have to wait if you want to use the PRECICE and do more than 6.5cm.
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 08:28:08 AM »

Hi Tall,

Wow! These LL procedures are advancing rapidly now and sort of coming out into the public domain, yet we patients still require anonymity.  I wish you were not experiencing pain, I know how hard that is to live with, some days worse than others.  You know, I and others like us,  wish you the very best success and longevity.

Did Dr. Mahbaubian, accept you as his patient because of leg length segment discrepency or because of the prognosis of the more serious arthritis prevention?  I mean you're not short.  And...

Can this new internal device apply to femur lengthening?  Will it be weight bearing, (like walking) during lengthening?

truly,

brother11

Hey Brother,

My planned tibia operations are more of a preventive measure at this point. The pain is very minimal now except for when I am doing heavy exercise. Dr. M accepted me because of the discrepancy, but he also does cosmetic cases. The Precice nail can be applied to the femurs, but it is not weight bearing. I will be doing one leg at a time. As for price, you must contact Dr. M through his website, but I will tell you his price is very competitive with both Dr. Betz & Dr. Guichet. Thanks for the well wishes! Same to you!

God Bless,

Tall
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 08:34:31 AM by Tall » Logged

Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 08:32:10 AM »

Hi tall I am a newbie to MMT.  I really want to stay in the US, because of this new technology, how much does Dr.  Mahboubian costs? I looked all over his website could not find it.  I checked out Dr.  Paleys site and he said he would only go 6. 5cm on Tibias with this precise, I really want to do atleast 3 inches 7. 5 cm on my tib/fib will he go that high with this precise technology?

Hi,

The limit now is 6.5CM, but there are rumors of a planned 8.0CM nail. I will keep the board apprised. As for price, please contact Dr. M through his website. I can tell you he is cheaper than Dr. Paley.

All the best,

Tall

tallerplz
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 03:39:32 PM »

Hey Brother,

My planned tibia operations are more of a preventive measure at this point. The pain is very minimal now except for when I am doing heavy exercise. Dr. M accepted me because of the discrepancy, but he also does cosmetic cases. The Precice nail can be applied to the femurs, but it is not weight bearing. I will be doing one leg at a time. As for price, you must contact Dr. M through his website, but I will tell you his price is very competitive with both Dr. Betz & Dr. Guichet. Thanks for the well wishes! Same to you!

God Bless,

Tall

is the price competitive for non-americans?
jmnj06
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2012, 09:40:15 PM »

Quote from: Tall link=topic=4624. msg53413#msg53413 date=1330677130
Hi,

The limit now is 6. 5CM, but there are rumors of a planned 8. 0CM nail.  I will keep the board apprised.  As for price, please contact Dr.  M through his website.  I can tell you he is cheaper than Dr.  Paley. 

All the best,

Tall

The precise nail is only 6. 5 CM now? People need atleast 3 inches. . .
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 04:28:18 AM »

is the price competitive for non-americans?
Considering the Euro is higher than the Dollar, I would say in most cases yes.

upinthesky
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 92

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 04:32:20 AM »

Hi,

The limit now is 6.5CM, but there are rumors of a planned 8.0CM nail. I will keep the board apprised. As for price, please contact Dr. M through his website. I can tell you he is cheaper than Dr. Paley.

All the best,

Tall

Dear Tall,

I would really appreciate if you did so. As far as I know, Dr.Paley has also requested a new PRECISE nail allowing up to 7.5 cm from the manufacturing company. I hope the nail will be available by next year or so.

Starting Height: 165 cm
Final Height: 172 cm

Date of Surgery: January 6th, 2014
Started Lengthening: January 11th, 2014
Started Walking Again: March 21st, 2014
From Surgery to Walking: 75 days

Lengthened 7 cm with Dr.Muharrem Inan in Istanbul, Turkey with the Fitbone Internal Method.
tanktics
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2012, 07:12:10 AM »

6.5cm seems perfect on the femurs.
andrewshizzles
5'6 ➡ 5'10
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 194

perfect height? 6'?

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2012, 09:48:27 AM »

Looking forward to the first PRECICE diary... I guess you will be the tallest guy on the forum, taller than Greekster.
I wonder how the wheelchair will affect your function and recovery, especially using it for 2-3 months.

almost done!
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2012, 06:33:10 PM »

Hey Andrew,

I will be doing one leg at a time, so no wheelchair for me!  Smiley Function & recovery will for sure be interesting comparison points between the Precice & Albizzia nails. I think because I will have done both nails, it will give me a great vantage point in comparing the two. I will keep you guys updated. How are you feeling?

God Bless,

Tall

lwdc123
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2012, 01:30:36 AM »

Tall,
will you be doing wgt bearing exchange nailing on the 1st leg -before consolidation -so you can do the 2nd LL quickly after LL the 1st leg -or are you going to wait till the 1st leg consolidates enough for full wgt bearing before doing the 2nd leg.
LJ
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2012, 02:21:28 AM »

Tall,
will you be doing wgt bearing exchange nailing on the 1st leg -before consolidation -so you can do the 2nd LL quickly after LL the 1st leg -or are you going to wait till the 1st leg consolidates enough for full wgt bearing before doing the 2nd leg.
LJ

Hey LJ,

I haven't even thought about a nail exchange. I don't think it will be necessary, but it's an option. A leg lengthened with the Precice nail is supposed to consolidate faster than other nails because there is no twisting of the distraction zone. We will see....

God Bless,

Tall

tanktics
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2012, 09:21:40 AM »

Hey Tall,

I'm assuming you're doing one leg at a time since this allows you to walk around, correct?
lwdc123
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2012, 08:09:26 PM »

Tall,
I live/work in L. A.  and want to do my femurs with precice.  I did my tibs/fibs a few years ago(external/Dr.  M was involved)
If you need any help/support let me know-I also have some questions but I need to stay anonymous
Please send me an email-Dr.  M has my email address(just tell him the purple and gold fixators)

All the best
LJ

goal15cm
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2012, 09:20:44 PM »

Tall,
I live/work in L. A.  and want to do my femurs with precice.  I did my tibs/fibs a few years ago(external/Dr.  M was involved)
If you need any help/support let me know-I also have some questions but I need to stay anonymous
Please send me an email-Dr.  M has my email address(just tell him the purple and gold fixators)

All the best
LJ

Hi LJ
I am planning on doing PRECISE for femurs as well. Do you think that Dr. M is a good choice. Is it possible for you to PM me.
Thanks
upinthesky
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 92

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2012, 12:08:18 AM »

I have contacted Dr. Mahboubian through his website, but he did not quote any price. I wonder why. Most of the LL doctors here have quoted their prices, which makes me a wonder if there is a specific reason why he chooses not to. I completely respect it, but just wondering.

Lengthened 7 cm with Dr.Muharrem Inan in Istanbul, Turkey with the Fitbone Internal Method.
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2012, 06:51:59 AM »

Tall,
I live/work in L. A.  and want to do my femurs with precice.  I did my tibs/fibs a few years ago(external/Dr.  M was involved)
Please send me an email-Dr.  M has my email address(just tell him the purple and gold fixators)

All the best
LJ

Hey LJ,

Send me a PM & I will be happy to answer any questions that I can.

God Bless,

Tall

Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2012, 07:00:29 AM »

I have contacted Dr. Mahboubian through his website, but he did not quote any price. I wonder why. Most of the LL doctors here have quoted their prices, which makes me a wonder if there is a specific reason why he chooses not to. I completely respect it, but just wondering.

Hey Upinthesky,

You sould arrange a consultation with him. He gets many inquiries & he needs to know that you are serious.
I know that because the nail is new he is still working out the price point. I will tell you that he is more affordable than Dr. Paley. He has been my orthopedic doctor in the states during my femur recovery. I will have my surgery on April 5, 2012 & will be able to give a better account of my journey then. I am very impressed thus far with both his care & professionalism.

God Bless,

Tall

upinthesky
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 92

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2012, 07:22:03 AM »

Thank you for your reply, Tall.

I have about 1 more year, then I will graduate from college. Only then can I arrange a consultation with any doctor. Hence, I am basically trying to compare prices & doctor credibility and trying to make the optimum decision for myself. Which means that although I am very serious about getting LL, I have to wait for a little more while, and knowing the price in advance would have helped. Dr. Mahboubian can definitely be an option for me if his price level stays below Dr. Paley's offer. However, I will be comparing his price with the European options as well. I am also hoping that both doctors can get further developed PRECISE nails allowing 7,5 or 8 cm's of lengthening.

I am looking forward to your diary. Wow, I must say you're going to be very tall indeed. I wish you go through the whole process safely and without any problem. Best of luck, and best wishes  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 99   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.