MMT Community
February 22, 2019, 11:05:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the new photos in the Proportions section, which include photos and videos of a lady who lengthened by a full 12cm walking and stretching, and a guy who did 8.8cm taking his first steps! Shocked Click Here!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Make Me Taller on the Front Page of Yahoo! for Apotheosis 20/20 Interview  (Read 76226 times)
Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

It's expensive, staying human.

« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2012, 10:33:00 PM »

ok wow....

first frank please stop talking your embarasing yourself. your a newb just be quiet. im not going to even explain why.....not even going to explain why you should just sit this one out . i love how you think people will just be nice... yer people will just be nice about being short also...........ow wait thats why we are here in the first place... geeze your a newb read before talking. if mmt were here he would tell you to shut up and stop cluttering his forumn with garbage! be factual or dont speak.
as for this quote , thats the whole piont of this argument, any excuse we use now wont be believed.

apothes........ first you did this interview because after years of grewling hard work and accomplisment you wanted to wear your ll as a badge of honor. im dissapionted in you.

second if someone is too lazy to get their ass on google and sort through fake *** for 30 minutes 1nce in their life to find MMT, then how the hell can they spend years finding the resources to save the dollars and years of pain and lonlyness and frustration to complete ll. even the members who are not lazy enough to find the initiative to actuarly google and sort through the different methods many of theese even will never achieve finnishing ll, so yes the public has now become aware even people who might want ll but will they ever go and get ll, if they were the kind of people who would get ll they would already have found it on the internet to begin with.

apothus, letting the general public know is very very stupid.  as i pionted out the kind of people who will get ll must have initiative if they cant even find ll to begin with how are they suppose to find an ll doctor throughout the world fly across countries spend months in some random environment and then return...... the answer the quality of persons you reaches are probably not going to ever achieve ll.....

ok so too much to talk about on so many levels so ill narrow my talk to the most important aspects.

1 if people become aware of ll they will discriminate against ll instead of height. what is 1 thing all ll patients are insecure about....... RATIOS YOU DUMB ASSES(to everyone who supports going public) how would you feel if you got hounded just as you did every day about height but by people who constantly tell you that you look like a freak a jimery cricket or a grasshopper and that your body is tini, doesnt matter if it really is, the piont is every single person who lengthens is insecure about whether this aspect will make them look unapealing, but are releaved in knowing no one will ever know to question them about it..... NOW with public knowledge on ll you have opened a whole new line of discrimination to wards people who have had ll by attacking their insecurities on their short arms or freakishly long leggs.

the actual video had like 2 minutes of leg lengthening and 38 minutes of completly unrelated things... but yahoo choose to make it the major advertisment to the story ...why you ask....... because people will not acept ll it is a freak show to them, and that is how they will treat you when they bully you when they are aware youve had it done.

people will forget the advertisment in 3-6 months, but not every one. it only takes 1 person to recognise youve had it done to ruin your life. the real victims are the patients who are returning in the next 3-6 months to their homes their the real people you have fuked on this issue apothus.

i feel sorry for them, (limping, height increase and scaring on legs, and time period gone away) it will now come to a piont where people will demand you show them your legs to prove you have no scars, there will be no hiding it if it does not die down.

people want to return to normal lives. ie live their life as any other person of that height not to be ridiculed for getting ll. YOU WILL NEVER CHANGE THE WORLD, this will never become mainstream like breast augmentations, because its nature is not a 1 day op it is a 6 month -1 year op. it is completly different. all you have done is make it harder for people to go back to living normal lives so you could wear your ll badge of honor and say look at me im now 6"2 it was totally worth it because you didnt want to acheive in silence.!!!!!

like i said if some one suspects all they need do is look at your  legs to show them the scars what are you going to say... no.... thats basically admitting you got it done.... it WILL BE IMPOSIBLE TO HIDE!!!! you should apoligise to all the peoples lives you will destroy over the next comming months..... all because you couldnt just be tall you wanted to tell your story to someone who would listen because you are prowd of your accomplishments. reguardless of the fallout.

tl;dr

Jokes.  I read it.  I wish I hadn't.  You sound like a very angry man.  I have no problem with rational, angry men, politicians and the such, but irrational angry men?  Not worth mine or anyone's time.  Just turn around and walk away, that's my advice to me and those who feel the same. All your arguments are flawed.  This doesn't mean they're necessarily wrong, just flawed.  There is just no rationale behind it.  By all means state your opinion.  Just be prepared to back it up with sensible, orderly logic.  Not this Gibberish. 

I'm not being spiteful or anything.  You just really angered me when you told Frank to 'be quiet'.  No one has the right to silence another man.  I'm assuming you're American.  Isn't this what your nation is based upon? Freedom of speech for all men, regardless of colour and creed?  Out of spite I could tell you to shut the **** up.  Instead, I'm going to be the better person and accept that you have a opinion, but take no notice of it until you calm down and provide us with a tangible argument.  One with actual substance to it. 

And for the love of God, learn to speak English.

Current height: 176.5cm
Sitting height: 93.25cm

Target height: 181.5cm
GROWtallORdieTRYING
« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2012, 10:38:26 PM »

first off no im not american
second yes i will tell someone to shut up if they say something which is completly stupid just like mmt would have said if he was here

When you see someone with a giant spot on their face do you generally point out the spot and say 'what the hell
is that'

i have no idea how many times i have read personal stories where people have said that they have been blatently disrespected and laughed at and bullied and joked at and harassed to their faces about their hieght................

so to answer franks question:::: When you see someone with a giant spot on their face do you generally point out the spot and say 'what the hell
is that.........................the answer is already proven that YES PEOPLE DO BLATENTLY ATTACK YOU on theese issues. and that was one of his fundamental arguments. to say somethinglike this statment is indicative that he has read nothing on this site. hahahah

seriously the first rule is read before talking his statments are absurd and he is cluttering this site with rubbish.
Frank
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2012, 11:14:49 PM »

GROWtallORdieTRYING:

I have to agree that you sound a very angry person and perhaps mentally unsound. You arguments appear to be just degenerating into abuse and based on shouting longer and louder than anyone else. You say that what I say should be based on fact, but nothing you have said is based on fact. You do need to develop a rational, coherent manner of speaking and means of argument because it is near on impossible to follow what you are talking about.

In my opinion it is not right to tell Apotheosis to apologise. I'm sorry to destroy your melodramatic bubble but Apotheosis has not destroyed anyone's life.

You say that you have read multiple stories about people being disrespected, bullied and harassed for their height. Yet this is exactly the same thing you are doing to Apotheosis and myself.

Frank
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2012, 11:32:14 PM »

Gregulle:

Didn't go to college, went to University, if that counts. I would certainly enjoy a discussion about any topic that you consider intellectual as it is always interesting to hear others opinion. I did my degree and postgraduate degrees in Biochemistry so I admit I don't know much about the authors you mentioned. I know from reading journals in science that you have to try and understand multiple standpoints in a debate or on a particular topic and I'm sorry that what I am saying appears nonsensical but that is probably because you are incapable or are unwilling to understand others points of view. This suggests that you didn't achieve particularly well at college.

I don't think height is particularly like losing weight or growing muscles. It is much more akin to plastic surgery, which is relatively common.
GROWtallORdieTRYING
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2012, 12:00:53 AM »

im done talking here it appears the integrety of this forumn has been downgraded because we let too many newbs in.
people seem to think because they can type that their opinions are valid. they need to learn that a valid opinion is an educated opinion.

my only advice is:
before commenting read the faq atleast.

night gys, in case you have trouble with my coherant typing, when the argument is whether public knowledge is desirable or not you need to speculate the outcomes on what will occur when public knowledge becomes widespread. most of my post was in reguards to the outcomes apothus was hoping to acheive by giving wide spread knowledge to the general public who have already shown they do not understand the situation.

being stern and angry are 2 different things, you my friend have not read a damn thing in this forumn as i pionted out in my previous post.
Punisher
Lurker

Credibility -2

« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2012, 10:27:31 AM »

My God, so much drama in this thread. . .

Eat well.  Squat, deadlift.  Stretch.  Do yoga everyday.  Sleep.  Go for LL.  Recover.  Enjoy.

How hard is that ? Why you people make it so complicated ?

Forget about Apotheosis' little stunt.  In the end, he doesn't have the power to prevent anyone of doing LL.  And I still like the guy, but he is kind of a douchebag indeed.  Grin

Regards,
P
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2012, 02:01:46 PM »

This discussion is seriously getting dirty now. Its going beyond the point of healthy constructive discussion to personal attack.

Apotheosis did his LL for his own personal self satisfaction. There is no LL religion or forum religion which he has broken by giving interview.

Stop making him punching bag for your unhealthy selfish reasoning.

It was fine till you all were discussing it in constructive way but now its becoming total personal attack on him.

Any use of unprofessional/non parliamentary words like "douche bag" shows the level of a user. I can see any "noob" coming here and using these words against Apotheosis.

"Come on guys, One interview has not changed his contribution towards this community."

Sysop,

I would like to suggest you to ban the guys who use any of words like "douche bag" etc to maintain integrity and professionalism of this forum. 

Thanks

God Bless
Crazy+6

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2012, 02:25:21 PM »

Sysop,

I would like to suggest you to ban the guys who use any of words like "douche bag" etc to maintain integrity and professionalism of this forum.  

Thanks

God Bless
Crazy+6

Hey Crazy+6. I'm not going to ban members who call other people names like "douchebag" or tell them to shut up. I'm just going to "boo" them and lower their credibility each time they do it. If their credibility gets to -10, then they will get banned from the site. I think the spirited debate is healthy, but name calling and rudeness is not constructive. I'm sure some people are considering LL because they were called names for being short. Are we all going to become bullies that call people names now that we are taller? I hope not.
galaxystar
MMT Contributor

Credibility 30

« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2012, 06:53:57 PM »

Yes this indeed is a tricky subject to tread on. There was a time for me however, where I wanted my limb leghtning to be kept hush hush too, but now that I'm older I don't seem to care much anymore if it is found out. I do have some mild scoliosis with a couple spinal  discs fusion from birth and short seating height as well it seems, not to mention I'm positive I'm shrinking faster and faster with age. If not for those circumstances and based on the height of other female family members I could be taller, I know. I guess just knowing that fact somehow makes me feel better about this procedure.

As far as the 20/20 episode it was on a Friday night which is a really bad time for prime time TV so I'm not sure many people caught the 20/20 episode anyway. Also limb lengthening has been talked about at least handful of times on televisions before, but I bellieve not a whole lot of people catch these tv programs. I guess I've had the opportunity to  have caught maybe at least 5 or more of these programs discussig the subject of limb lenthening over a 20 year period. Although in the early years, late 1980's it was directed more as a breakthrough for dwarfs and those with limb birth defects. It may have been the Geraldo or Phil Donouh day time talk shows in the US, where bone lengthening was first discussed when the concept of limb lengthening was brought to the United States by Dr. Paley himself, and as I said it was always focused as way for dwarfs to be taller and also to correct birth defects of the limbs. Now that bone lengthening is no longer considered a breakthough, I have seen a couple of  more shows where it's now focused towards cosmetic purposes for those who don't like being short - or you could say that's a breakthrough discovery to help those who arent dwarfs but have height neurosis. Limb lenthening on tv will continue to be something we will continue to see on occasion and therfore more and more people will become more aware of this procedure anyway - and not to mention it was just on the Oprah Show just last year in fact...
aseoparson
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2012, 09:58:25 AM »

I'm one of the people who the video/article brough to this website.  I first heard about limb lengthening in the documentary Short and Male (the Indian guy from the ABC video was also in S&M).  I've wanted to LL ever since I saw S&M and this website has allowed me to actually perform research by discovering reputable doctors and methods and reading through diaries that are getting me more and more comfortable and prepared.  I don't think I'm getting it any time soon but when I do, I will be completely prepared because of this site.

I say all of this because I know some members of this site hate the media attention but all it will do is bring a short term spike to the site.  Those who are serious about it will stay and those just interested will slowly fade away.  Most average height people I've spoken to don't see the point of this anyway so it doesn't appeal to them.  Accusing someone of being a traitor because they advertised something that changed their life to other people that may benefit from it is childish. 

Thank Apotheosis for your interview and your diary, which has been extremely eye opening and informative to me. 
Transformer
MMT Contributor

Credibility 9

« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2012, 07:07:06 PM »

OneSevenOne,

I think you need to read what I wrote back then more closely. I said very clearly that I was concerned that by detuning the forum some people would not be able to find it as easily. I supported MMT making the site less available to unwanted attention, but I was worried that people who really needed the site wouldn't find it if they didn't know what they were looking for. As you mention in your post, people have to spend half an hour on Google sorting through pages and pages of height scams, fake pills, and chaff before they first come across links to this site. Do you think that is a reasonable amount of searching to find something you really need? It's a been a needle in a haystack that someone had to know they were looking for most of the time to find. A lot of people who could benefit from the forum probably give up before they ever find us because there is so much other *** out there that they run into before they ever get to us.

In a few days, most of the haters will forget about the Yahoo! link and the ABC show, but people who need us will have an easier time finding us, and for that reason I think it will have been worth it.

Apotheosis

I understand everyone has their opinion and an opinion is like an ***hole, everyone has one. And thats fine. It seems like Apotheosis is taking more heat than the credit he deserves. The ones that are pissed off are the ones the ones that knew about it before it was aired on 20/20 or yahoo. I personally give him props for putting it out there and despite taking all this heat, he is still very calm about it. I read about this procedure back in 2008 in a magazine about LL in Egypt and I saved that magazine as hope but didn't give it much thought as I thought it wasn't possible because even in that article in the magazine it was presented as extreme & barbaric. After the appearance of Apotheosis on yahoo and the link to this site, did I come to realize it was really doable (after reading numerous diaries). LL has been brought up on other shows and in articles in the past and each time people forget about this procedure and it will be brought up again and again in the future, so need to place all the blame on Apotheosis. Matter of fact, now I'm thinking the heck with externals, I rather pay the extra $$ and have the internals done. I will schedule my consultation a month from now.

Thanks buddy
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

Current height 171.5cm (5'7.5")

« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2012, 05:55:56 PM »

I understand everyone has their opinion and an opinion is like an ***hole, everyone has one. And thats fine. It seems like Apotheosis is taking more heat than the credit he deserves. The ones that are pissed off are the ones the ones that knew about it before it was aired on 20/20 or yahoo. I personally give him props for putting it out there and despite taking all this heat, he is still very calm about it. I read about this procedure back in 2008 in a magazine about LL in Egypt and I saved that magazine as hope but didn't give it much thought as I thought it wasn't possible because even in that article in the magazine it was presented as extreme & barbaric. After the appearance of Apotheosis on yahoo and the link to this site, did I come to realize it was really doable (after reading numerous diaries). LL has been brought up on other shows and in articles in the past and each time people forget about this procedure and it will be brought up again and again in the future, so need to place all the blame on Apotheosis. Matter of fact, now I'm thinking the heck with externals, I rather pay the extra $$ and have the internals done. I will schedule my consultation a month from now.

Thanks buddy

Good post Transformer... gave you a karma point for your level headed and intelligent reply.
I too owe this forum a great deal and I am glad that A had the guts to go on tv knowing that the media could very well twist it and make him seem like some crazy, vain person. More people should have access to the information on this site  and the intelligent way it is displayed.  Like you were, most people that hear about it only have access to the twisted media that portrays it as barbaric and only done in 3rd world countries.

Let us know how your consult goes.... and who you choose to do it with.

" Whatever you want, you shall have. Whatever you search for, you shall find ".
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2012, 06:05:24 PM »

This discussion is seriously getting dirty now. Its going beyond the point of healthy constructive discussion to personal attack.

Apotheosis did his LL for his own personal self satisfaction. There is no LL religion or forum religion which he has broken by giving interview.

Stop making him punching bag for your unhealthy selfish reasoning.

It was fine till you all were discussing it in constructive way but now its becoming total personal attack on him.

Any use of unprofessional/non parliamentary words like "douche bag" shows the level of a user. I can see any "noob" coming here and using these words against Apotheosis.

"Come on guys, One interview has not changed his contribution towards this community."

Sysop,

Thanks

God Bless
Crazy+6

Good point Crazy. I have seen many "debates" get more than spirited but downright dirty ( and they often have some of the same members involved). Debates are healthy for any forum as they bring many points of view into play..... If the members that resort to name calling and bad language are not banned, then maybe just look at them as they are. Any time someone resorts to these tactics in any debate, it is usually when they run out of knowledge and information and have to start trying to intimidate people. When someone has knowledge to back up what they say, it is more of a give and take of ideas and facts....

Just ignore these belligerent people and converse with the more level headed members..... they will very soon have no one to talk to and will either change their attitude or just go away...

Man101
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2012, 11:56:53 PM »

I don't know why some of the people will get upset because of the exposure leg lengthening is getting, I think you guys are just being selfish.  As a matter of fact, I must thank Apotheosis for doing the interview and making some of us aware that such things exist because at least it assures me that I can increase my height.

"No Pain, No Gain"
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2012, 12:09:39 AM »

I don't know why some of the people will get upset because of the exposure leg lengthening is getting, I think you guys are just being selfish.  As a matter of fact, I must thank Apotheosis for doing the interview and making some of us aware that such things exist because at least it assures me that I can increase my height.

Yeah, this is definitely the general consensus. Some people think that because of this interview that after they get LL, people will know what they did. In reality, everyone has already forgotten the story! Only the few that want to get LL and have joined this forum really know about it or care. To everyone else, it is a mythical fairytale that only the select crazy people will ever attempt.

Go ahead, gain your inches.... no one will ever know unless you tell them ( or unless they knew you at 5'5" and now you are 5'10")... and then thank Apotheosis for introducing you to this option.

Gregory
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #135 on: April 28, 2012, 09:18:00 AM »

You guys are right! I don't give a sh*t about it anymore...
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #136 on: April 28, 2012, 12:21:59 PM »

You guys are right! I don't give a sh*t about it anymore...

Exactly! Either they accept you or they don't. If they don't they then you don't need them in your life. People LL is a personal decision do it for you and not anyone else.  Wink

I know that my two best friends who are almost 6 ft 3 will be surprised when I'm closer to their height. One of them is currently finishing his first year of Med School at Vanderbilt. He, his father and his wife are all doctors so I KNOW they'll have nothing good to say about LL. But you know what....IT'S MY DECISION! POINT BLANK, DOOR CLOSED END OF STORY!  Grin He can choose to talk shi*, she can choose to say I'm crazy and you know what? I'll walk my pretty tall ass away with a smile on my face!  Grin Grin Grin

171.5cm
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2012, 08:16:02 PM »

One of my business partners is 6'2" and his wife is my height! I can not wait until I can tower over her and be closer to eye level with him.

Redemption
MMT Contributor

Credibility 11

Determination

« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »

Exactly! Either they accept you or they don't. If they don't they then you don't need them in your life. People LL is a personal decision do it for you and not anyone else.  Wink

I know that my two best friends who are almost 6 ft 3 will be surprised when I'm closer to their height. One of them is currently finishing his first year of Med School at Vanderbilt. He, his father and his wife are all doctors so I KNOW they'll have nothing good to say about LL. But you know what....IT'S MY DECISION! POINT BLANK, DOOR CLOSED END OF STORY!  Grin He can choose to talk ****, she can choose to say I'm crazy and you know what? I'll walk my pretty tall ass away with a smile on my face!  Grin Grin Grin

Yeah, but make sure when you walk your pretty, tall ass away you are fully recovered.

There would be nothing more embarrassing then trying to make a dramatic exit with duck ass and a limp. LOL

"If I ever met Genetics, I would kick him in the nuts..."

Current height: 5'7/171cm Future height: 5'11/181cm

Wingspan: 178cm Sitting height: 95cm
Kaizen
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2012, 08:58:26 PM »

I kinda wish I could come back to where I work after recovering from my 2nd surgery. That would be very satisfying! I will prob end up going to school full time though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.