MMT Community
February 22, 2019, 10:10:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from SysOp:
"Height is like money. It is insignificant only to those who have plenty of it." Tongue

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Make Me Taller on the Front Page of Yahoo! for Apotheosis 20/20 Interview  (Read 76221 times)
Apotheosis
International Underwear Model :P
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 10:20:37 PM »

Thursday Feb 23 2012 and before
Most people don't know about leg lengthening so they don't suspect a thing when they see the scars in my legs

Friday Feb 25 2012 and after
Thanks to yahoo and "Apotheosis" most people find out about leg lengthening and now I have to hide my scars or get an operation to remove them so they don't suspect a thing

Thanks Apotheosis you are a douche

How did you find out about LL exactly Gregulle? It's ironic that today (the day the forum was mentioned on Yahoo! and traffic spiked) is the first time you are posting on the forum, and yet you are bitching about the increased visibility of the forum. SMH.

Apotheosis

My personal apotheosis to the very best me I can be. Starting height: 171 cm. 9.5+ cm added to femurs. 10.5+ cm added to tibias. Final Height: 189.5 cm +/-

My femur diary: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,3530.0.html
My tibia diary: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,4202.0.h
Wishtobe5ft9
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 10:34:05 PM »

Hey guys, saw the article so i decided to visit again. For those of you that don't know, i was putting off lengthening and all thoughts of going through lengthening till i finished with med school.

First thoughts, I personally don't like it. For me, i wasn't going to tell anyone about the lengthening. According to apothesis that makes me selfish, fine.  What about further along maybe when I meet someone or meet new friends or what about just going to the beach. Before, people wouldn't care to check,but now with the scars and maybe a slight disproportion, a lot will suspect a cosmetic lengthening. Yea yea, why would I care what strangers think of me right? true, but no matter how much I say I don't care, if people are looking at you knowing you had LL, it will hit me somewhere, and i'm fairly sure most people will agree with me on that.

Apothesis, you said you want to help the world. Good for you, you do help the world with this but in doing so you hurt every person who has done LL and hurt much more every person who plans to have LL done. 

If I were in your shoes and had already finished a lengthening, its not as bad. My lengthening would be complete or almost complete and people that know( ur friends family).... well they already know and people that don't will never find out.
After this now, anyone pre- LL, during LL, post- LL will have a much higher chance at knowing and by anyone i mean anyone.

Now apothesis, would you be fine telling every person even strangers that look at you funny that you had LL done? That's basically what this is moving towards.   Probably not, but even if you would be fine with that not everyone is fine with that, in fact i'm pretty sure the majority would not be fine with that.

I really wish Apothesis that before you interviewed with yahoo that you at least discussed this with everyone, like on this forum, before you revealed "our secret" to the world instead of just taking it upon yourself to do so.

30 year old East Indian
166cm
150lbs
B.S. Mathematics
M.D. Internal Medicine Practice in Texas
Apotheosis
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 10:57:15 PM »

Hey guys, saw the article so i decided to visit again. For those of you that don't know, i was putting off lengthening and all thoughts of going through lengthening till i finished with med school.

First thoughts, I personally don't like it. For me, i wasn't going to tell anyone about the lengthening. According to apothesis that makes me selfish, fine.  What about further along maybe when I meet someone or meet new friends or what about just going to the beach. Before, people wouldn't care to check,but now with the scars and maybe a slight disproportion, a lot will suspect a cosmetic lengthening. Yea yea, why would I care what strangers think of me right? true, but no matter how much I say I don't care, if people are looking at you knowing you had LL, it will hit me somewhere, and i'm fairly sure most people will agree with me on that.

Apothesis, you said you want to help the world. Good for you, you do help the world with this but in doing so you hurt every person who has done LL and hurt much more every person who plans to have LL done.  

If I were in your shoes and had already finished a lengthening, its not as bad. My lengthening would be complete or almost complete and people that know( ur friends family).... well they already know and people that don't will never find out.
After this now, anyone pre- LL, during LL, post- LL will have a much higher chance at knowing and by anyone i mean anyone.

Now apothesis, would you be fine telling every person even strangers that look at you funny that you had LL done? That's basically what this is moving towards.   Probably not, but even if you would be fine with that not everyone is fine with that, in fact i'm pretty sure the majority would not be fine with that.

I really wish Apothesis that before you interviewed with yahoo that you at least discussed this with everyone, like on this forum, before you revealed "our secret" to the world instead of just taking it upon yourself to do so.

I said that User9090 and Gregulle were selfish for not wanting other people who might want LL to not know about it. I didn't say they were selfish for wanting to keep their own personal decision and LL journey private.

I never interviewed with Yahoo!. I gave an interview to 20/20. They posted a teaser for the story on Yahoo!.

My LL journey is not your secret. My LL journey is my story. If I choose to tell my story, that is my choice. I want people that would want LL if they knew about it to know about it. I have the right to do that if it means telling my story, and that is all I have done.

Would you want LL if you hadn't read the diaries on this site? Would you have the balls to go through with LL if the LL Veterans hadn't written their stories for you to read? I did my LL because I read the diaries of LL Veterans, and I know people who have done their LL because they read my story. I am simply trying to pass on the information that I have gained through my experiences.

Apotheosis

My personal apotheosis to the very best me I can be. Starting height: 171 cm. 9.5+ cm added to femurs. 10.5+ cm added to tibias. Final Height: 189.5 cm +/-

user9090
n00b

Credibility 2

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 10:59:22 PM »

Whatever Apotheosis.  After reading some of your diaries I now see things more clearly.  With the username you have and the lengthening of not only legs but arms, It's clear that you reflect the fringe of the people who are interested in LL.  You're aiming for superman while the rest of us want normalcy.  You can do whatever you want but it's unfortunate that you drew so much attention to this operation.  Just don't write a book for god sakes.  Hope you're satisfied with your new height - I do respect your determination. 
Gregory
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 11:05:48 PM »

Quote from: Apotheosis link=topic=4658. msg53047#msg53047 date=1330122037
How did you find out about LL exactly Gregulle? It's ironic that today (the day the forum was mentioned on Yahoo! and traffic spiked) is the first time you are posting on the forum, and yet you are bitching about the increased visibility of the forum. SMH.

Apotheosis you have made us all look ridiculous for several reasons.  One, by the simple fact that you call yourself "apotheosis" people can pick on the fact that you have issues, and they will associate those issues with anyone they know that goes through LL.  I mean why not call yourself Leonidas or Zeus while going public? You make us all look bad, like we have psychologic-psychiatric disorders.

Oh and by the way, I have been a member of LL since 2009, just never felt compelled to write before.
Apotheosis
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 11:07:03 PM »

With the username you have and the lengthening of not only legs but arms, It's clear that you reflect the fringe of the people who are interested in LL.

Again you are playing loose with the facts. I have not done arm lengthening. Every veteran of LL thinks about arm lengthening at some point, and I have chosen to use my diary as a place to discuss the possibility of it. If we didn't have our diaries to discuss the possibilities, who would we discuss these things with?

Everyone who wants LL is already on the fringe. That's part of why LL is so taboo to some people. Obviously it's not taboo to us or we wouldn't be on this site thinking about it, talking about it, and actually doing it.

Apotheosis

Apotheosis
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 11:16:26 PM »

Apotheosis you have made us all look ridiculous for several reasons.  One, by the simple fact that you call yourself "apotheosis" people can pick on the fact that you have issues, and they will associate those issues with anyone they know that goes through LL.  I mean why not call yourself Leonidas or Zeus while going public? You make us all look bad, like we have psychologic-psychiatric disorders.

Oh and by the way, I have been a member of LL since 2009, just never felt compelled to write before.

I have made you look ridiculous because I chose the user name Apotheosis? You are right, user names like "Chuck Norris" or "Sweatyballsack" definitely make us look completely normal. Tongue

I came up with this name on a lark because I thought it sounded cool a few years ago when I joined the forum. I hadn't done LL at that point and wasn't sure if I would, but I sure wanted to. Would you feel better if I had changed my name to "DoucheBagWhoTalksAboutLL" right before I agreed to an interview? I didn't come up with my user name to sound cool while going on TV. Anyone who puts any weight into the user names of people who post anonymously on internet forums like this need to see their own shirk.

You also didn't bother to comment on the irony that you have been a member of the site since 2009 but have never posted once. Let me guess, you weren't compelled to comment because the LL Veterans like myself who volunteer our time to write our diaries were doing all of the commenting for you.

Apotheosis

Wishtobe5ft9
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 11:18:58 PM »

I said that User9090 and Gregulle were selfish for not wanting other people who might want LL to not know about it. I didn't say they were selfish for wanting to keep their own personal decision and LL journey private.

I never interviewed with Yahoo!. I gave an interview to 20/20. They posted a teaser for the story on Yahoo!.

My LL journey is not your secret. My LL journey is my story. If I choose to tell my story, that is my choice. I want people that would want LL if they knew about it to know about it. I have the right to do that if it means telling my story, and that is all I have done.

Would you want LL if you hadn't read the diaries on this site? Would you have the balls to go through with LL if the LL Veterans hadn't written their stories for you to read? I did my LL because I read the diaries of LL Veterans, and I know people who have done their LL because they read my story. I am simply trying to pass on the information that I have gained through my experiences.

Apotheosis

you're correct Apotheosis.
No, I would not have planned on doing  LL if I didn't read diaries. Yes, you are passing information along.

The information was being passed along just fine before your interview with 20/20. Anyone who was interested at all in LL just had to google it and find this site. The only thing you managed to do is make people who did not want LL aware of LL.

Your LL is not my secret you're right, but LL in general i feel is the whole "LL communitys secret". In revealing your LL journey which you had the right to reveal, you also revealed the "communitys secret" along with it.

IMHO, this is a blow to all who wish to have LL done.

30 year old East Indian
166cm
150lbs
B.S. Mathematics
Apotheosis
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 11:29:58 PM »

you're correct Apotheosis.
No, I would not have planned on doing  LL if I didn't read diaries. Yes, you are passing information along.

The information was being passed along just fine before your interview with 20/20. Anyone who was interested at all in LL just had to google it and find this site. The only thing you managed to do is make people who did not want LL aware of LL.

Your LL is not my secret you're right, but LL in general i feel is the whole "LL communitys secret". In revealing your LL journey which you had the right to reveal, you also revealed the "communitys secret" along with it.

IMHO, this is a blow to all who wish to have LL done.

I don't think this information was being passed along "just fine". Yes it was easy to Google "Leg Lengthening" surgery and eventually find this site if you knew to look for it, but most of us didn't know what we were looking for when we first came across this site and found out about LL. I sure didn't. I was trying to buy shoes with lifts because I was tired of being discounted by people because of my height. It took a lot of wandering before I found this place.

I think a lot of people on this site are overreacting about this interview. This isn't the first TV interview about LL. Different TV programs do shows about this every year or two. Do you seriously think me talking on 20/20 has more of a reach than Oprah in her prime? She did a show about LL a few years ago. Did she destroy LL for you? Was her show a blow to all who wish to have LL done?

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Chinas-Beauty-Boom-Lisa-Ling-Reports/print/1

Relax and take a deep breath. Most people will forget about this show in a few days, but a few people who need the information will see it and be inspired to follow a dream they didn't know was possible.

Apotheosis

Dryani
LL Veteran
MMT Contributor

Credibility 186

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2012, 11:35:42 PM »

Hey guys, let's all calm down a bit. Yahoo cycles its traffic quite a bit, so this influx of attention will die down fast. Perhaps even by tomorrow the traffic will be almost back to normal.

Leg Lengthening has been in the media many times before, and on bigger sites than Yahoo. Several people have released their LL stories to the media before.

The price of LL, the pain, the time, and other costs will weed out anybody that isn't completely serious about getting it done. This is not going to cause an influx of casual LL procedures.

We shouldn't be mad at Apotheosis for doing an interview. There has been no negative effect from his article yet, and I don't believe there ever will be.

Friends and loved ones finding out how we became taller is NOT the end of the world. If something is a big enough change to improve your life, it is a big enough change to catch people's attention anyway. Nobody is fooling anyone here. Your friends and family will either figure out the truth, or they will always think about you with skepticism. It's better to just be honest and wear LL as a dirty secret.

26 year old male in West USA
Was 170cm (5'7"), now 177cm (~5'10")
Currently about 150lbs
Had surgery with Dr Sarin in India on April 24rd
Wishtobe5ft9
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 11:38:37 PM »

I don't think this information was being passed along "just fine". Yes it was easy to Google "Leg Lengthening" surgery and eventually find this site if you knew to look for it, but most of us didn't know what we were looking for when we first came across this site and found out about LL. I sure didn't. I was trying to buy shoes with lifts because I was tired of being discounted by people because of my height. It took a lot of wandering before I found this place.

I think a lot of people on this site are overreacting about this interview. This isn't the first TV interview about LL. Different TV programs do shows about this every year or two. Do you seriously think me talking on 20/20 has more of a reach than Oprah in her prime? She did a show about LL a few years ago. Did she destroy LL for you? Was her show a blow to all who wish to have LL done?

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Chinas-Beauty-Boom-Lisa-Ling-Reports/print/1

Relax and take a deep breath. Most people will forget about this show in a few days, but a few people who need the information will see it and be inspired to follow a dream they didn't know was possible.

Apotheosis

If you're googling lifts then ur still seeking height increase though and arent a random person.

Yea you're right apotheosis.  Now that you put it that way, i don't think its too big of a deal. Most of our reactions are overractions and i hope you didn't take any of the other posters insults too seriously.  I still disagree with interview, but It will for sure pass in time guys so cheer up. I just want it off the front page of yahoo right now tbh lol. Thanks for replying to my posts.

I'm still planning on doing LL no matter what. I need to finish school first. Untill then, peace out (again) mmt lol.

30 year old East Indian
166cm
150lbs
B.S. Mathematics
Without Judgment
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 15

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2012, 12:38:49 AM »

Eh, If people found out that I had LL done I personally wouldn't care. Not to say that I'm going to advertise to everyone that I got it, but if people find out it's no real biggie.

Apotheosis, you have inspired people with your diaries and I think your choice to do an interview was entirely your business. Pay no mind to those who are criticizing you for "exposing" that LL exists. After all, so many people talk like they are going to do LL but end up never doing it.

"Without judgment what would we do? We would be forced to look at ourselves emerged in lost time. Assuming what may be, without judgment." - Chuck Schuldiner
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2012, 01:12:27 AM »

Wow you guys seriously need to get off of Apotheosis's back. He's a good guy, and he did what he thought was right. Without all of the VIP and regular diaries most people wouldn't know the good doctors and wouldn't want to risk going to some random surgeon for a surgery they didn't know too much about. Honestly, if it weren't for people like Stewie Griffin, Jackolife, Roc, or Luffy I wouldn't be saving up for LL in Beijing right now. Even MMT (I'm secretly glad we have Sysop instead...) helped me get my facts straight.

One thing I do have to say is that I'm going to do my femurs and tibias before the age of 25, so I can say I got a growth spurt and no one will give me too much flack for it. (I'm 20) However, if I was 37 like Apotheosis, and I got both my femurs and tibias, then someone who might have seen the Yahoo article might connect the points. Honestly, in my opinion, this would only hurt Apotheosis if anyone. No one grows at 37, especially 6 inches. People need to stop giving Apotheosis a hard time, because LL will only become more popular as the years go on. This is an amazing surgery that combines science and technology to do God's work. If it were not for this forum I would have to live with my crappy height of 5'6" my whole life.

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
Gregory
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2012, 01:26:01 AM »

Quote from: Apotheosis link=topic=4658. msg53059#msg53059 date=1330125386
I have made you look ridiculous because I chose the user name Apotheosis? You are right, user names like "Chuck Norris" or "Sweatyballsack" definitely make us look completely normal.  :P

I came up with this name on a lark because I thought it sounded cool a few years ago when I joined the forum.  I hadn't done LL at that point and wasn't sure if I would, but I sure wanted to.  Would you feel better if I had changed my name to "DoucheBagWhoTalksAboutLL" right before I agreed to an interview? I didn't come up with my user name to sound cool while going on TV.  Anyone who puts any weight into the user names of people who post anonymously on internet forums like this need to see their own shirk. 

You also didn't bother to comment on the irony that you have been a member of the site since 2009 but have never posted once.  Let me guess, you weren't compelled to comment because the LL Veterans like myself who volunteer our time to write our diaries were doing all of the commenting for you. 

Apotheosis

Look Apotheosis, divine master of everything that is awesome, I understand that you want to pass along information, but the goal of the news media is to entertain with stories that sound overly dramatic, crazy, and out of the ordinary to get a greater audience.  I haven't seen the news piece yet but I can already see that they will portray you (and us) to everyone (including people who I know) as desperate short guys with delusions of grandeur who will pay thousands and thousands to go through torturous surgeries to be taller and get the attention of women because if not we won't get any.  I certainly didn't want to be associated with anyone like that, but oh well.

Congrats though, you are now a TV and internet star, and I understand that you had a good intention with all of this.   
hanzomon
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2012, 02:04:30 AM »

The Make Me Taller forum is mentioned in an article about leg lengthening that is on the front page of Yahoo! right now. This article is a teaser for the 20/20 program about cosmetic surgery where they interview Apotheosis that is airing at 10PM on ABC tonight. As might be expected, traffic to this website has exploded this morning to its highest level ever as people read the article and come here curious about LL.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/york-man-grows-inches-surgery/story?id=15776730

That clip from 20/20 show ends with him saying "6 inches...so far," LOL. 

God, how am I gonna approach my boss to request another unexplained long leave of absence for my "2nd round" now?
A-game
MMT Member

Credibility 0

pursue your life to the fullest RELENTLESSLY

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2012, 03:51:11 AM »

I agree with arche personally it may not mean much for me to say that but i do .  and yeah if was't roc specifically (most hilarious Asian ive read about ) then id still be doubting pursuing this.  I think apotheosis interview will only have positive effects if LL could become more accepted then maybe their would be more doctors who could perform it 

BE RELENTLESS
MasterHY
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 24

"Coast Guard, Sanitation Department"

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2012, 05:37:42 AM »

Quote from: Apotheosis link=topic=4658. msg53037#msg53037 date=1330117763
Supply moves with demand.  If there is more demand, eventually the supply will adjust and prices will come down.  You are taking a very selfish and short sighted view of the future of LL.  The more people have it, the more accepted it will become, and the more new technologies will make it safer, cheaper, and easier. 

You have no idea the sacrifices I made to be able to pay for and do LL, and If you ever read my diaries you would know I didn't just have the money sitting around.

I have a right to do what I think is best, and I think it is very selfish for you who do know about LL to think that other people that don't know about it should just find out about it on their own.  I would have done it ten years earlier if I had the information I have now, information I found through reading the diaries on this site.  Should that information only be available to those who find it by accident on Google?

Apotheosis

While I think in the long run this might help certain individuals, though it is not certain, I feel in the short run it might increase the price of LL since demand will hit first before supply adjusts.   For those of us who were planning on doing the surgery in the near future, I am praying that the price does not go up.   I personally have benefited from Apotheosis' diary and was inspired to follow through even though I read everyone else' journey also, so I am not bashing him personally.   I do question his decision making though, but it is his story and he can share it as he wishes, what can we do.   Maybe there could have been some agreements with the TV people to not reveal the website but to have a general discussion , that way people would know about it but not necessarily flood the website?  I don't know but I think there could have been balance.   I found the article on yahoo by surprise, as I was just browsing this morning, and was just shocked!  I literally got blown out of my chair.   I couldn't believe that now the people that I didn't want to know , might be reading this article.   And the article stayed on the front page all day!  I personally did not want anyone to know about my procedure, but now it will be hard to hide it.   This is one part I disagree with Apotheosis, because even though he chose to tell people or his circle about the LL procedure he did, the interview does not give the rest of us that choice.   Lots of people have posted pictures here, etc also.   I think probably since achieving such great success so far, Apotheosis was feeling a natural sense of accomplishment , almost a "high" so to speak for attaining the results he has so far and was excited at the thought of TV and he also thought it might benefit people.   But I don't think most people are ready to accept this now and his situation is not the same as others.   I do think that it is not in favor of the current LL members of this site to have the general public know about it.   When I first found this forum in 2008, I thought it was freakish, was my first reaction.   Even reading one or two diaries or several did not convince me right away.   I gave it some time before I decided to do LL to make sure there are not medium to long term negative effects from the growth and there doesn't seem to be.   

People that want it bad enough will find this site.   Just my 2 cents.   Again I am not judging or bashing him personally, I think he has achieved something that is rare and my hat is off to him about it.   But since this is a forum to share, I just wanted to express how I felt about it.   
Without Judgment
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 15

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2012, 05:46:44 AM »

Look guys, I think that the reaction against Apotheosis is way too extreme. Think about it, 20/20 did not make it seem like a cakewalk procedure. Not many people are keen on getting their bones sliced and stretched apart, as well as being in a wheelchair for a long duration, plus going through recovery, plus spending thousands of dollars for the procedure alone, in addition to losing thousands more dollars from time off of work. The majority of people who hear about LL never even go through with the procedure. Heck, I even remember a diary of someone who went to Beijing and was just about to have the procedure done, but then opted out and returned home.

So yes, while Apotheosis gave LL more exposure I highly doubt that thousands of people are going to be swarming for LL due to cost, fearfulness, and a variety of other reasons. 

"Without judgment what would we do? We would be forced to look at ourselves emerged in lost time. Assuming what may be, without judgment." - Chuck Schuldiner
MasterHY
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 24

"Coast Guard, Sanitation Department"

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2012, 05:54:41 AM »

Quote from: Without Judgment link=topic=4658. msg53088#msg53088 date=1330148804
Look guys, I think that the reaction against Apotheosis is way too extreme.  Think about it, 20/20 did not make it seem like a cakewalk procedure.  Not many people are keen on getting their bones sliced and stretched apart, as well as being in a wheelchair for a long duration, plus going through recovery, plus spending thousands of dollars for the procedure alone, in addition to losing thousands more dollars from time off of work.  The majority of people who hear about LL never even go through with the procedure.  Heck, I even remember a diary of someone who went to Beijing and was just about to have the procedure done, but then opted out and returned home.

So yes, while Apotheosis gave LL more exposure I highly doubt that thousands of people are going to be swarming for LL due to cost, fearfulness, and a variety of other reasons.  

So then it was really unnecessary is what you are saying, since most people will not go through with it, then why have the interview in the first place?  Except, but now the general public knows about it.   I personally had 2 co-workers who were making fun of the article, so how am I going to explain now, unless I quit and find another job.   The exposure part is what is difficult to deal with.   Again this is just my own personal view of the situation.   I commend Apotheosis for his personal achievement, but he must have had thought about the impact to the other people on this website or who intended on getting the procedure.   People are not the same everywhere, and usually they will make fun or ridicule.   This is inherent in the reason why to have this surgery in the first place because of how society treats people with disabilities.   I do consider being short a disability, albeit a milder form.   
hanzomon
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2012, 06:44:52 AM »

Look Apotheosis, divine master of everything that is awesome, I understand that you want to pass along information, but the goal of the news media is to entertain with stories that sound overly dramatic, crazy, and out of the ordinary to get a greater audience.  I haven't seen the news piece yet but I can already see that they will portray you (and us) to everyone (including people who I know) as desperate short guys with delusions of grandeur who will pay thousands and thousands to go through torturous surgeries to be taller and get the attention of women because if not we won't get any.  I certainly didn't want to be associated with anyone like that, but oh well.

Congrats though, you are now a TV and internet star, and I understand that you had a good intention with all of this.   

My main qualm with the TV piece was also the irreverent and light-hearted format by which 20/20 and Bill Ritter (a local, "light weight" NYC reporter otherwise) approached this serious operation and the lengthening process (pity the poor fellow who "only" went from 4ft 11.5 to 5 ft 2 but was shown several times grimacing and screaming while undergoing physical therapy... by the way I thought such "active" stretching of nerves, joints and ligaments while lengthening was dangerous, LOL).  The way the segment ended with him casually saying "6 inches... so far" also probably did a great job of misinforming shi* loads of desperate people out there that LL can be done relatively easily now, and that they can safely grow 6 inches (at least) while they're at it too... and walk briskly with crutches and click away while talking and wearing a suit!  Tying this serious procedure with an otherwise humorous infotainment-like episode featuring preteens getting Botox, boob-jobs and butt-jobs and Joan Rivers, of all people, really wasn't my idea of a good intro to LL for the uninformed general population.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.