MMT Community
October 31, 2014, 07:43:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is the leading site for the discussion of Leg Lengthening on the Internet. Join now - the more you contribute, the more you will benefit from being part of our community - all are welcome.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Make Me Taller on the Front Page of Yahoo! for Apotheosis 20/20 Interview  (Read 32344 times)
SysOp
Leg Lengthening Activist
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 705

« on: February 24, 2012, 03:14:53 PM »

The Make Me Taller forum is mentioned in an article about leg lengthening that is on the front page of Yahoo! right now. This article is a teaser for the 20/20 program about cosmetic surgery where they interview Apotheosis that is airing at 10PM on ABC tonight. As might be expected, traffic to this website has exploded this morning to its highest level ever as people read the article and come here curious about LL.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/york-man-grows-inches-surgery/story?id=15776730
andrewshizzles
5'6 ➡ 5'10
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 192

perfect height? 6'?

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 04:34:08 PM »

lol. 2300 guests...

looking forward to the news piece.

almost done!
around7
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 16

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 04:55:41 PM »

I hope no friend of mine see this on yahoo. If they do, probably they will notice how I grew 7cm in Germany...
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 04:59:15 PM »

Yeah, I'm kinda partial to the media as well. People who are REALLY looking to get taller are going to come across this site anyway. All it takes is google.

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
around7
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 16

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 05:01:28 PM »

Yeah, I'm kinda partial to the media as well. People who are REALLY looking to get taller are going to come across this site anyway. All it takes is google.
The problem are the ones who don´t want to get taller, but will know about surgery from the media. And these guys will figure out how we get taller...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:49:40 PM by around7 » Logged
Apotheosis
International Underwear Model :P
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 381

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 05:24:02 PM »

I made the decision to do the interview because I felt that the potential to help people outweighed the potential downsides. Only time will tell if that is the case. Smiley

Apotheosis

My personal exaltation to a divine height. Starting height: 171 cm. 9.5+ cm added to femurs. 10.5+ cm added to tibias. Final Height: 189.5 cm +/-

My femur diary: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,3530.0.html
My tibia diary: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,4202.0.html
OneSevenOne
MMT Contributor

Credibility 19

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 05:49:14 PM »

Yeah, not sure about this to be honest.

"The future doesn’t belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave."

Ronald Reagan
around7
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 16

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 05:52:16 PM »

I made the decision to do the interview because I felt that the potential to help people outweighed the potential downsides. Only time will tell if that is the case. Smiley

Apotheosis
Yes, I think you are right!
craig49
LL Legend
MMT Adviser

Credibility 286

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 05:58:02 PM »

The Make Me Taller forum is mentioned in an article about leg lengthening that is on the front page of Yahoo! right now. This article is a teaser for the 20/20 program about cosmetic surgery where they interview Apotheosis that is airing at 10PM on ABC tonight. As might be expected, traffic to this website has exploded this morning to its highest level ever as people read the article and come here curious about LL.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/york-man-grows-inches-surgery/story?id=15776730

There is over 2000 guests on MMT right now, that is a record.  I am sure that after the show has aired this will explode.

I cannot see the show cause I am not in the USA, but I DO hope that if more people do decide to do LL that they are directed toward credible doctors not Terrible doctors such as

Ant's experience - India
 Iran
a few from Egypt
and of course Armenia

These places should be put on a black list or something, I think the last thing MMT wants is to direct people wrongly.  That being said, this whole event makes me even more motivated to return to my best to show that full recovery is possible despite all the horror I have been through.

As far as exposure and future LL prices, I hope what happens in Beijing doesn't happen elsewhere, where there are so many LL patients that they can skyrocket prices.  
SysOp
Leg Lengthening Activist
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 705

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 06:04:47 PM »

These places should be put on a black list or something, I think the last thing MMT wants is to direct people wrongly.  That being said, this whole event makes me even more motivated to return to my best to show that full recovery is possible despite all the horror I have been through.

Hey Craig. That is one of the reasons that the "Recommended Doctors List" on this site is so important. I'm actually shocked at some of the doctors that made it onto the list in 2006 or 2007 when MMT Admin was running the site, but I guess those doctors hadn't proven themselves unworthy at that point.
deaddog
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 08:02:01 PM »

Apotheosis

Personally, I do not feel that "media" coverage is good for anyone or anything that has anything to do with cosmetic limb lengthening! People who want to find out if their are ways to get taller will seek out and find that information on their own, just like I did. I feel that giving the media "your story" is somewhat of a traitorish thing to do because the media does not care about us, or you! They only care about their ratings and now the table is set for everyone to know our little secret, along with the impending increases in the cost as demand also goes up, you do know that cost and demand are correlated right! I already cannot afford the surgery, unlike some who seem to have enough money lying around to do "two" surgeries with Dr. Betz! I also do not think that having a boob job or weight loss surgery, etc., is anything like cutting your legs in half for the sole purpose of becoming taller. Sure, maybe the reasons are the same, to feel better about yourself, but LL is far more drastic and most people do not, and will not understand. I'm sure some of you will disagree, but I do not think that any one person has the right to take it upon themselves to change the face of LL in the public light by themselves, and for everyone else! I especially really like all the comments from yahoo's readers making fun of “YOU” and everyone else who is short and wants LL! Sometimes I think that maybe it is better to just keep our mouth shut! Sad
user9090
n00b

Credibility 2

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 08:38:58 PM »

Instead of getting taller and moving on with life you've now made it a certainty that anyone who gets LL can be spotted by the general public.  So thanks. . .
Apotheosis
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 381

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 09:09:23 PM »

Personally, I do not feel that "media" coverage is good for anyone or anything that has anything to do with cosmetic limb lengthening! People who want to find out if their are ways to get taller will seek out and find that information on their own, just like I did. I feel that giving the media "your story" is somewhat of a traitorish thing to do because the media does not care about us, or you! They only care about their ratings and now the table is set for everyone to know our little secret, along with the impending increases in the cost as demand also goes up, you do know that cost and demand are correlated right! I already cannot afford the surgery, unlike some who seem to have enough money lying around to do "two" surgeries with Dr. Betz! I also do not think that having a boob job or weight loss surgery, etc., is anything like cutting your legs in half for the sole purpose of becoming taller. Sure, maybe the reasons are the same, to feel better about yourself, but LL is far more drastic and most people do not, and will not understand. I'm sure some of you will disagree, but I do not think that any one person has the right to take it upon themselves to change the face of LL in the public light by themselves, and for everyone else! I especially really like all the comments from yahoo's readers making fun of “YOU” and everyone else who is short and wants LL! Sometimes I think that maybe it is better to just keep our mouth shut! Sad

Supply moves with demand. If there is more demand, eventually the supply will adjust and prices will come down. You are taking a very selfish and short sighted view of the future of LL. The more people have it, the more accepted it will become, and the more new technologies will make it safer, cheaper, and easier.

You have no idea the sacrifices I made to be able to pay for and do LL, and If you ever read my diaries you would know I didn't just have the money sitting around.

I have a right to do what I think is best, and I think it is very selfish for you who do know about LL to think that other people that don't know about it should just find out about it on their own. I would have done it ten years earlier if I had the information I have now, information I found through reading the diaries on this site. Should that information only be available to those who find it by accident on Google?

Apotheosis

My personal exaltation to a divine height. Starting height: 171 cm. 9.5+ cm added to femurs. 10.5+ cm added to tibias. Final Height: 189.5 cm +/-

Apotheosis
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 381

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 09:38:06 PM »

Instead of getting taller and moving on with life you've now made it a certainty that anyone who gets LL can be spotted by the general public.  So thanks. . .

Listen to yourself for a moment, "You've made it certain that anyone who gets LL will be spotted by the general public". What general public are you going to be spotted by exactly? None of us is famous, who cares so much that each of us is taller? If you choose to lie to your friends and family about how you became taller, that is your choice. There was no way I could grow as much as I have and have a plausible lie to explain it, so I chose to tell the people in my personal life. I didn't choose to tell every single person in the world, because it's none of their damn business.

Like I wrote above, it's incredibly selfish for you to want to keep LL to yourself by not having more people find out about it. You also have a short-sighted view about the future of LL.

Apotheosis

Gregory
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 10:01:05 PM »

Thursday Feb 23 2012 and before
Most people don't know about leg lengthening so they don't suspect a thing when they see the scars in my legs

Friday Feb 25 2012 and after
Thanks to yahoo and "Apotheosis" most people find out about leg lengthening and now I have to hide my scars or get an operation to remove them so they don't suspect a thing

Thanks Apotheosis you are a douche
OneSevenOne
MMT Contributor

Credibility 19

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 10:08:17 PM »

Listen to yourself for a moment, "You've made it certain that anyone who gets LL will be spotted by the general public". What general public are you going to be spotted by exactly? None of us is famous, who cares so much that each of us is taller? If you choose to lie to your friends and family about how you became taller, that is your choice. There was no way I could grow as much as I have and have a plausible lie to explain it, so I chose to tell the people in my personal life. I didn't choose to tell every single person in the world, because it's none of their damn business.

Like I wrote above, it's incredibly selfish for you to want to keep LL to yourself by not having more people find out about it. You also have a short-sighted view about the future of LL.

Apotheosis

With respect I am not sure that is true.

I found this site like we all did within a few hours of feeling depressed about being short.

MMT himself said he was detuning the forum to make it more discrete, he got a lot of praise for this a lot of people felt this was the right decision.

I'm not sure if any good will come of this, I hope it does.  But I do also fear a metric shi*-can has been opened.

Mind me asking if you were paid for the interview?

I'll always be happy to see a new genuine LLer come this way and discover for him/herself the potentials, but I fear the misunderstanding public could make us out to be freaks and mentally unstable.  This could invite a lot of criticism and lime light I think many of us would appreciate not to have.  Further more it could encourage some less reputable LL doctors to open up shop for some sudden influx of newbs after a quick fix without research.

I also prey some of the shitbags that like to troll sites like this don't get wind of it and get all our info out in the public domain, if you've been on the internet for any length of time you'll know the group I mean.  They'll love to rip a place like this apart.

Perhaps all will be well.  Congrats on your lengthening, and your new height none the less. Smiley

"The future doesn’t belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave."

Ronald Reagan
user9090
n00b

Credibility 2

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 10:10:20 PM »

Apotheosis, speaking of selfishness, how much were you paid to sell out this little secret of ours? People do what's in their interests.  That's why you sold your story and that's why the former admin had the arrogance to write a book about it.  You both have definitely forgotten where you came from - and now behave like the same people in society that pressured you into the operation in the 1st place.  You could have helped shorter people directly without making this an international spectacle.  But as I said before, people do what's in their interests. . . .
user9090
n00b

Credibility 2

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 10:14:00 PM »

And by the way Apotheosis, anyone who is in a position to afford LL in the US (let alone twice) is in no position to cry about how hard they worked for it. . .
Apotheosis
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 381

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 10:15:10 PM »

Apotheosis, speaking of selfishness, how much were you paid to sell out this little secret of ours? People do what's in their interests.  That's why you sold your story and that's why the former admin had the arrogance to write a book about it.  You both have definitely forgotten where you came from - and now behave like the same people in society that pressured you into the operation in the 1st place.  You could have helped shorter people directly without making this an international spectacle.  But as I said before, people do what's in their interests. . . .

You should probably do some research on journalism. Only celebrities or other people that are in demand to be interviewed are ever paid to do an interview. I wasn't in demand. They contacted me through the forum to see if I would talk to them. I agreed to do it under certain conditions. I wasn't paid a penny.

Apotheosis

Apotheosis
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 381

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 10:17:22 PM »

And by the way Apotheosis, anyone who is in a position to afford LL in the US (let alone twice) is in no position to cry about how hard they worked for it. . .

Wow. You really didn't read my diary and you are arguing with me about my LL? I didn't do LL in the United States genius. If you had read my diaries you would know that.

Apotheosis

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.