MMT Community
October 18, 2018, 12:14:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from SysOp:
"Height is like money. It is insignificant only to those who have plenty of it." Tongue

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Was Apotheosis Interview on National Televison Good or Bad for LL?
It was good for LL
It was bad for LL
I'm undecided.
This is a stupid question.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Was Apotheosis Interview on National Televison Good or Bad for LL?  (Read 46063 times)
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2012, 08:43:09 AM »

BWAH HA HA!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Funny thing is that story broke here about six months ago. I know he's going to do LL here as well. I've contacted quite a few docs here and the price is cheap but I'll pass.

I've just been sponsoring LL for the less fortunate here who have really bad leg deformities. I've sponsored one person thus far but found a guy last week who's right foot looked like it was on backwards. The thing is he was just going about his day like it was nothing. I stopped him, asked a few questions, and he'll be seeing the doctor next week. If all goes well I'll help this man live the rest of his years normally.

As far as the Pinoy superman....No sponsorship for you my friend!  Tongue

171.5cm
craig49
LL Legend
MMT Adviser

Credibility 286

« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2012, 10:05:33 AM »

WomanA - has natural big breasts
WomanB - has cosmetic surgery for the same looking breasts
Both "woman" look very similar....you get the point I hope?

And sometimes the woman B, despite being fake, actually looks more appealing and gets more attention than woman A. 

Real is not always better.  The world has an idea of what people should look like and when they do, they heap praises on them.  Look at the Asian film industry, it is filled with actors that have had cosmetic surgery, look at the USA film industry. 

I think most people see what is in front of them.  A guy could have been 300lbs 6 months ago, but if lean and with a 6-pack now, most girls don't say "well.. he might have the fat gene that could pass to my children."  No, in most cases, the woman would be thrilled with the body standing in front of them.

No one remembers what Angelina Jolie or Megan Fox looked like 8 years ago, when they were a bit on the plain side, people know what they see now.

I recall when I was a teenager and working in a fast food place, one day a woman with a clearly fake rack walked in.  She was thin and despite the fact that she was obviously not natural, most people just stood stunned, myself included.

The world is full of anomalies.

6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

Current height 171.5cm (5'7.5")

« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2012, 05:57:54 PM »

And sometimes the woman B, despite being fake, actually looks more appealing and gets more attention than woman A. 

Real is not always better.  The world has an idea of what people should look like and when they do, they heap praises on them.  Look at the Asian film industry, it is filled with actors that have had cosmetic surgery, look at the USA film industry. 

I think most people see what is in front of them.  A guy could have been 300lbs 6 months ago, but if lean and with a 6-pack now, most girls don't say "well.. he might have the fat gene that could pass to my children."  No, in most cases, the woman would be thrilled with the body standing in front of them.

No one remembers what Angelina Jolie or Megan Fox looked like 8 years ago, when they were a bit on the plain side, people know what they see now.

I recall when I was a teenager and working in a fast food place, one day a woman with a clearly fake rack walked in.  She was thin and despite the fact that she was obviously not natural, most people just stood stunned, myself included.

The world is full of anomalies.

Very true Craig. Very often, augmented results are better..... ( I personally like augmented breasts....... I love real ones too though..... A lot!   Grin).

" Whatever you want, you shall have. Whatever you search for, you shall find ".
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2012, 06:01:10 PM »

BWAH HA HA!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Funny thing is that story broke here about six months ago. I know he's going to do LL here as well. I've contacted quite a few docs here and the price is cheap but I'll pass.

I've just been sponsoring LL for the less fortunate here who have really bad leg deformities. I've sponsored one person thus far but found a guy last week who's right foot looked like it was on backwards. The thing is he was just going about his day like it was nothing. I stopped him, asked a few questions, and he'll be seeing the doctor next week. If all goes well I'll help this man live the rest of his years normally.

As far as the Pinoy superman....No sponsorship for you my friend!  Tongue

Helping those less fortunate is one of the greatest blessings in the world. I personally love to fight for those less fortunate.... You are helping " LL Angels" get their wings. Very soon you will get your own. I think next year I will try to set up some kind of investment fund for stuff like this.... great idea.

I'm glad you got the Pinoy Superman joke..... didn't want offend anyone but I couldn't resist!  Cheesy Have you seen the guy that ot a bunch of surgeries to make himself look like a cat? Huh?

llanivic13
MMT Member

Credibility 20

« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2012, 03:31:36 AM »

welll...it could have been this guy who was on national american television instead

http://www.dlisted.com/2011/10/06/open-post-filipino-superman

Like they say here in Quebec TABARNAC!!!

This guy for real?!

It takes all sorts To make this world go around.

Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2012, 10:17:39 PM »

HA HA HA That was funny as hell!  Tongue

Yes I have seen the cat dude. To each his own. I just want to be taller!

171.5cm
duncangunit
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2012, 07:44:41 PM »

You know...I feel like as much as LL is our privacy, we should not be ashamed of it. We should not be jealous that people would know it too. LL is not easy. Not everyone will do it. If the whole world decides to break their legs, then we live in quite a crazy world.

I think Apotheosis did the world a favor by speaking on TV, just like the Short & Male documentary, and all the other videos LLers posted. LL is not easy, but it is the dream of many people, and it's a great comfort to know we are not lonely.

LL to me is a beautiful, yet painful dream. I feel like my height has restricted my confidence. Because I'm short, I feel like a kid all the time and besides going to work, I don't want to do anything that requires me to stand next to people. I am afraid to even try to do many things.

I used to be afraid to tell people I want to do LL, but after asking a doctor and my parents about LL, and being destroyed and called an idiot for thinking of it, I realized my LL dream is worth the tears, the struggle and the humiliation. I realized the more opposite force that comes to me only makes me stronger.

I had a perfect LL lie, but now I realize it's not good to lie, because once a lie is out, it can never be retrieved, and hell it's a lot of burden to live in lies. I am going to tell my closest friends about my LL dream, and yes, I do expect to be destroyed, to be humiliated, but I live by my dream.

I will not lie. I am shallow. I want to be taller so I don't feel like a kid. I believe when the dream happens, then the smile is forever : )

Thank you Apotheosis for letting me know that I am not alone to want to break my legs just to get taller, to achieve my dream, and there's no shame in having a dream to become a better me.
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2012, 08:43:37 PM »

You know...I feel like as much as LL is our privacy, we should not be ashamed of it. We should not be jealous that people would know it too. LL is not easy. Not everyone will do it. If the whole world decides to break their legs, then we live in quite a crazy world.

I think Apotheosis did the world a favor by speaking on TV, just like the Short & Male documentary, and all the other videos LLers posted. LL is not easy, but it is the dream of many people, and it's a great comfort to know we are not lonely.

LL to me is a beautiful, yet painful dream. I feel like my height has restricted my confidence. Because I'm short, I feel like a kid all the time and besides going to work, I don't want to do anything that requires me to stand next to people. I am afraid to even try to do many things.

I used to be afraid to tell people I want to do LL, but after asking a doctor and my parents about LL, and being destroyed and called an idiot for thinking of it, I realized my LL dream is worth the tears, the struggle and the humiliation. I realized the more opposite force that comes to me only makes me stronger.

I had a perfect LL lie, but now I realize it's not good to lie, because once a lie is out, it can never be retrieved, and hell it's a lot of burden to live in lies. I am going to tell my closest friends about my LL dream, and yes, I do expect to be destroyed, to be humiliated, but I live by my dream.

I will not lie. I am shallow. I want to be taller so I don't feel like a kid. I believe when the dream happens, then the smile is forever : )

Thank you Apotheosis for letting me know that I am not alone to want to break my legs just to get taller, to achieve my dream, and there's no shame in having a dream to become a better me.

I agree, don't lie. Just be honest and if someone has a problem with it , their problem probably lies deep within themselves. Great honesty.

Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2012, 11:01:41 PM »

The Superman guy doesn't get it. One doesn't become Superman by looking like him. No, one becomes Superman by acting like him. By personifying the virtues of truth, justice, and the American way! lol

171.5cm
llanivic13
MMT Member

Credibility 20

« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2012, 09:13:11 PM »

food for thought.

is not telling anyone before the event lying?
meaning if you want to do LL , go about it BUT dont tell anyone is that lying?

if you need three to four months off at work and need to ask for time off without pay BUT dont want to lose your job..what do you do, tell your HR manager you want time off bcs you want to be taller?  Tricky , it may not go down well and you may loose you job.

In my experience, prior to the issue,  there is a place and a time to tell the truth and you have to be careful who you tell.
Once its done who cares what others think......

In my experience if the need to tell is to sort out your head as to whether you are a freak, not sure, insecure about it......go to a shrink who deals in this....believe me talking to a shrink who jas experienece in these types of situations gets a lot of things right in your head.

If you are the type of person that needs approval before doing soemthing from your closet friends and family......only you can judge who to tell.......

In my experience I told my girlfriend and the very very first reaction I got was that I was doing to get more points in the dating market and get more lays......so what a waste of time that was.
what bothered me is that she is 5.8.5 BUT stills wears 4 " heels when she goes out.....so she knows all about this height issue.

I have also told my trainer and physio BUT no one else.

To me speaking with the shrink got my head in order ............everybodu else will find out when I,m done.

McKennaTaylor
MMT Member

Credibility 15

« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2012, 08:00:46 AM »

Bad. Now that LL is exposed, LL patients and future patients now have targets on their backs. The imbeciles will now bash all of us non-stop and blab about their ethical views (which are devoid of logic).

Libertarian - Anarcho-Capitalist - Transhumanist -
Fiveeight
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2012, 05:04:13 AM »

It was good.  People when eventually become more accepting and more doctors will start doing the procedure.  Breast implants weren't always accepted the way they are now.  It took time and awareness.  Also awareness and exposure will lead to better research and safer surgeries.
back2basics
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2012, 11:54:38 PM »

I read about Apotheosis article on yahoo news long ago. At the time, I was just in awe and thought "no way, i can never get through with this... my parents wont allow it..." then my parents suddenly asked me if I want to do LL surgery. LOL. Well, I said YES! WHY NOT? and I am currently in consolidation phase and grew 5 cm and made a lot of lifetime friends. It was worth it.

I do believe the interview was good. I think the people who believe people will find out are becoming a little too cautious or paranoid. It is only natural. But seriously, before you knew this extensively about limb lengthening, were you going around judging the proportion of other people's legs and looking for scars for possible LL evidence..? Just act natural and live natural. Make a small excuse. I told people that I had leg correction surgery because I had curved legs. It passed. Hell, I lived at my aunt's house for a little and even she believe that excuse, even though she saw me turning and lengthening my frames everyday. (:

It is definitely good. It will help people like me, or you, overcome their complex and increase their confidence. It is a little selfish to think about only yourself, in my opinion. That's my input guys!
leonard
MMT Contributor

Credibility 18

« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2012, 01:12:42 AM »

Relax guys. It's not that Apotheosis interview has been seen by 90 % of the population... Or that it airs again and again.

It was a one time thing. Most of those who saw it will not care.

And those living in Europe don't have to worry whatsoever cause it hasn't aired here.

It's going to take a hell of a long time until this procedure will be accepted by the general public like breast implants, nose jobs, teeth implants, hair plugs, facial plastic surgery-etc, even if an easier way would be invented soon. When it comes to height the general  population has a weird perception somehow. I don't get.

Maybe because it drastically alters your appearance but in my opinion there are some subconscious underlying factors at play.

There are exceptions: My best friend encouraged me to go for LL. He is a doctor himself and a very very bright guy...

P.S: MMT also wrote a book about his experience as far as I know... I haven't seen it on the best seller lists  Wink

Muscleup
MMT Member

Credibility 1

I don't want to be a short nurse :(

« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2013, 11:41:06 PM »

Quote from: McKennaTaylor link=topic=4682. msg64223#msg64223 date=1346659246
Bad.  Now that LL is exposed, LL patients and future patients now have targets on their backs.  The imbeciles will now bash all of us non-stop and blab about their ethical views (which are devoid of logic).

true, i wonder if LL will ever go mainstream or become kinda popular like other cosmetic surgeries (breast implants)

Stats:
current height: 5' 6'"
target height: 5' 10"
weight: 145 lbs
Nationality: Filipino
Body type: skinny, small frame
Plan: Internal femur, 2014 (Month TBA)
Need2BTaller
MMT Contributor

Credibility 14

So you think I'm short do you!?!?!?!!

« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2013, 11:53:07 PM »

I doubt that Leg Lengthening will ever go mainstream or be as popular as breast implants or other cosmetic surgeries.  With Leg Lengthening, you're going to have to sacrifice so much if your time and also be willing to be a cripple for a long time.  For breast implants, you can almost always resume back to your daily life afterwards.  But with Leg Lengthenging that's a whole different story.

Height: 168cm
Wingspan: 176cm
Goal: 175-176cm
Date: 2014-2015
Place of Surgery: TBD
Type: TBD

Tall like a 3rd grader.
McKennaTaylor
MMT Member

Credibility 15

« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2013, 09:32:35 AM »

If I were to be interviewed by a media for my LL experience, I would rather be interviewed by a conservative media (like FNC) than by a liberal media (like ABC, MSNBC, CNN, etc.). Liberals tend to be anti-LL, they tolerate only those who agree with them, and they denigrate anyone who deviates from their herd.

Libertarian - Anarcho-Capitalist - Transhumanist -
dgdts
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2013, 03:02:06 PM »

you want to be interviewed by FOX NEWS CHANNEL?   Cheesy
remember that fox news reporter who said that pepper spray was "basically a food product" after students was pepper sprayed while sitting down at a peaceful protest?

do you trust them to get the facts right? or do you think that they will put a spin on it?
dgdts
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2013, 03:05:32 PM »

upinthesky
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 92

« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2013, 03:37:03 PM »

If I were to be interviewed by a media for my LL experience, I would rather be interviewed by a conservative media (like FNC) than by a liberal media (like ABC, MSNBC, CNN, etc.). Liberals tend to be anti-LL, they tolerate only those who agree with them, and they denigrate anyone who deviates from their herd.

Yet conservatives might ask "Why change the body God gave you?" and argue over that.
I doubt that would be a concern of the liberal media.

All liberals aren't anti-LL.

People who haven't suffered from short height (not necessarily tall people, by the way - I am talking about people who are content with their perception of self) are likely to be anti-LL, or not understand the motivations behind the desire to get it.

They could be liberals or conservatives, their political opinion really doesn't matter a lot.

The common denominator: They will not understand.

Starting Height: 165 cm
Final Height: 172 cm

Date of Surgery: January 6th, 2014
Started Lengthening: January 11th, 2014
Started Walking Again: March 21st, 2014
From Surgery to Walking: 75 days

Lengthened 7 cm with Dr.Muharrem Inan in Istanbul, Turkey with the Fitbone Internal Method.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.