MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 05:33:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SysOp is not here to make friends - he is here to keep this forum running smoothly and make sure that it stays the most informative site about LL in the world.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deus Ex - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2012 - Nothing's Free  (Read 116413 times)
Deus Ex
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 114

« on: March 19, 2012, 04:36:33 PM »

Hello everybody.

I had my surgery in Beijing 2 weeks ago but I'm posting now because I did get a bit lazy after surgery and wanted to post when my condition got better. Some of these entries I wrote on the day and I am just copying and pasting.  Others I had to remember what happened so some details might not be too clear. Sorry about that.

Also I want to keep my privacy so the only detail I'll be providing is:
Original height: 162 cm

Warning: This is a very long post.  But I'll try and put titles and colour some stuff so it's not too boring  Grin It should also be easier to navigate, find what you're looking for and to read in general.  Can't promise anything but I'll try post more photos as well.  

Note: For anyone wondering, my username is just the title of a game that I downloaded to play here  Smiley

But I tried to see what it meant and I found the following:

"Deus ex", shortened from "deus ex machina," refers to when "a seemingly inextricable problem is suddenly and abruptly solved with the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new character, ability, or object. "  
Reading this, I thought this phrase fits well with my situation since my inextricable problem of being short is solved with the intervention of this Ilizarov device which unexpectedly came into my life.  I found this intriguing.   Grin

Saturday, 3rd of March, 2012 - Arrival
Arrived in Beijing Capital International airport in the morning at around 5. 40 am.  Took this intra-terminal people mover train that takes you to the baggage claim.  Collected our stuff and when we headed out, we met the driver.  He was holding the biggest sign amongst the people outside with my name on it.  Communication was impossible with the driver and as other diaries have stated, we did need to use hand gestures a lot.  He has a really friendly face though  Smiley

Rest of the drive to the institute consisted of few words and it took around 40 minutes.  But it was loud at times because the drivers use their horns whenever they want.  I had read about this in Roc's diary and it is true.
The courtyard and the buildings arenít top notch and honestly as I was walking through the hallway to my room, it felt daunting.  But I knew what was coming and I had already seen the pictures from the previous diaries so it didnít concern me.  

The room I am in at the moment has no number at the top so I think it is a new room.  The room inside is really neat and comfortable as well.  Apparently I am lucky to be on this side rather than a room in the opposite building according to what a few foreign LLers have told me.  

I have also tried to connect my internet but the Ethernet cable didnít work for some reason and because it was a weekend, the technician wasn't available to fix it.  Also if you want to have wireless, you need to bring your own router, or you would be using other people's.  And that is also difficult to achieve because you need their password.  So today, I had no internet; just watched some TV shows and played some games.  

Sunday, 4th of March - Weekend
Once again no internet because the institute/hospital doesnít work in the weekends.  Meals are pretty good.  Just played some games and watched TV shows again.  
Also as many diaries have stated, Ronne is very friendly and very helpful.  She does work hard to make our stay here the best it can be.  There were a few problems where our hot water tank suddenly burst/popped and water began to leak and another incident where the toilet got clogged because of the tissues but Ronne was able to quickly solve these problems.  I think these incidents happened because the room is relatively new.  The maid is also really nice and hardworking as well.  And for future patients, I recommend coming during the week such as a Monday because there really is nothing to do during the weekends.  Unless you want to get used to the place or go sightseeing.  

This is also the toilet and the water dispenser.

And the front of the hospital.  

Monday, 5th of March - Preparation
First thing in the morning, a nurse came into my room and did a blood test.  Then later I went to take an X-ray.  An X-ray of my chest was taken as I laid face down on a table.  And then an X-ray of my lower legs as I sat up and an X-ray of my legs as I was standing.  

My Internet was also fixed on this day (hurrah!) by a technician.  It did take a while though.  Iím using an Ethernet cable and the speed is pretty good.  It is not as fast as back home but it is still sufficient for me.  

For food, we can choose from a menu so we can pick what we want to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Food is pretty good in my opinion but I am guessing Iíll get tired of it pretty soon.  

My guardian and I was then taken to a bank by the driver to exchange $500 for Chinese yuan, which we then spent on shopping at Walmart later today.  The driver helped us to find what we needed and he seemed to know quite well what was required.  The most important things to buy are amenities which the hospital does not provide.  So you will need items such as tissue rolls, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo and other things such as tissue boxes, plastic cups (they provided us with paper cups but there wasnít enough), air freshener for the toilet, a pillow (pillows are provided but it'll be convenient to use a softer one for post-surgery), detergent for washing clothes (they wash the clothes but we need to buy the detergents? I think thatís what Ronne said), etc.  If you can bring these items then no problem but these are some of the things you can buy at Walmart.  

I also met other foreign patients and met Roc himself  Smiley He had his frames off and instead had his supporters on as he practised walking.  Everyone is really nice and it is a big relief to meet others who can speak good English after 2 days of using hand gestures and being in a foreign place.  It somehow feels like Iím at home again.  We talked for a while and also measured and compared heights.  

Tuesday, 6th of March Ė Pre-surgery Tests
Went to the Bank of China as we needed to open our own account for the wiring of the money to proceed.  Ronne then gave us the bank details and we were able to wire the money.

Also had a brief consultation where they measured my wingspan and height.  The doctors also stated that I have bow legs which can be straightened.  But it seems like a lot of short patients have bow legs.  Height seemed to be 162 cm and wingspan was roughly the same but the doctor said I can do 7-8 cm because my femur is longer than my tibia (which should be the case. . ) and my torso is longer than my legs.  However one of the foreign patients I met the other day said that the measurement is off in the nursesí station and thinks Iím taller than 162.  I am not sure but I did measure my height in the morning of my surgery on a cupboard in my room and I was 163 cm.  But that is most likely because of the time of the day so Iím not sure.  Shouldíve measured my height the night before.  

Later a couple of tests and preparations were carried out at the nursesí station for the operation on Wednesday.  
  • Dr Zhao (think thatís his name) had me lie down on a table as he tried to fit a frame around my legs.  The first frame he tried had a diameter that was not large enough for my foot to pass through.  He tried  a larger one and that seemed to work.  
  • Height and weight was also measured
  • A nurse performed a skin test to see if I was allergic to penicillin.  I wasnít.
  • My blood pressure was also measured
  • A thermometer was also stuck under my armpit to measure my temperature
  • ECG was carried out - they stuck electrodes on my chest and wrists

Later in the evening the nurse shaved my lower legs and a bit above the knees (without any foam) and gave me a top and bottom to wear during the operation
A nurse also came to my room and put some ďsecond generation penicillinĒ into my body.  

A patient in the room opposite to mine whom I met earlier also visited me in the evening, wishing me luck for the surgery.  Heís a very nice guy  Smiley He also told me about another patient next door to me who was also foreign so I went and talked to him for a while.  Another great guy Cheesy

I was told by the nurses not to eat anything after 10 pm but I was allowed to have a shower so I showered that night.  One of my last proper showers  Sad

Day 1 Ė Wednesday, 7th of March Ė Surgery
Had a shower in the morning quickly and the maid then led me to the operating room.  Had my surgery in the morning at around 8. 20 am and finished around 2 hours later at around 10. 23 am.  At the beginning of the operation, the nurses put me on IV drip.  Then the surgeon positioned me in a foetal position and injected the epidural into my back.  Thought the injection for the back/spine would be painful so I braced myself but it turned out to be less painful than the IV injections.  Just a prick.  Soon my pants were taken off (note: you donít wear your underpants to the operating room) and they seemed to start dabbing at my penis, which felt quite uncomfortable.  Think they were putting in the catheter.  And before I had realized it, I was asleep (even though they used local anesthesia).  I had these pipes up my nose Ė maybe that was what made me fall asleep.  
After my surgery I didnít have any pain at all in my legs (I guess due to the morphine) but after a while my legs started to feel uncomfortable and I felt more of a nagging, throbbing pain rather than sharp pains.  The other patients I talked to did say that after a week it gets much better.  

Day 2 Ė Thursday, 8th of March - Post-surgery
Since the surgery, I have just been lying in my bed with an IV in my arm as the nurses, Ronne and the maid (found out quite late that her name was Jiao Jie) have been coming in and out of my room.
Since the operation, the nurses have been continually checking my blood pressure and temperature and the catheter in my penis have been replaced/cleaned (donít know what the nurse did exactly because I wasnít watching) twice.  It felt really weird, uncomfortable and at times painful when the nurse twiddled around with the catheter.  Felt worse than my legs.  But once they leave it alone, I canít feel anything and it is quite convenient since urine just empties automatically.  They also checked my feet regularly and asked me to move my toes and asked me if I can feel their touch.  Dr Zhao also said I can do some light activities such as rolling my legs left and right as I am on my back and moving both my feet up and down from the ankle.  

This is right after surgery.  The tubes are removing 'bad' blood from my legs.  

The night before I also recall feeling nauseous twice as I was sleeping.  I wanted to vomit both times but held it in and this feeling was the worst.  Felt much much worse than my legs.  However the feelings went away after a while and a nurse said it was maybe because I drank some water.  I did read in previous diaries that you may feel nauseous after the surgery due to the morphine.  

For breakfast I had to eat porridge which basically had no taste.  Jiao Jie fed me.  Then for lunch it was this dumpling soup which was much better than the porridge.  For dinner I had some noodles and they didnít really let me eat solid food.  Guess this was to prevent me from having to do number 2s.  Also before the surgery, the maid didnít do much except bring my meals but post-surgery, you realize how much you depend on the maid.  She has been feeding me, emptying my pee bottle, providing my fluids with a straw, massaging my back and placing a pillow under my back.  She does this thing where she flips you on one side, massages your back, then places a pillow under (for example) the left side of my back and then after a few hours under the right side.  I think it is to relieve some pressure off my back.  She also wets a small towel with warm water and gives it to me to dab it on my face.  She also slept on the floor next to my bed for a couple of nights and I am forever grateful.  

My temperature was also slightly high and it seemed like I had a fever but Ronne said it was a typical symptom after surgery.

Later that evening, they finally took out the IV from my arm and Dr Zhao said that I should be able to practice walking a week from today.  I also asked if I got a single, double or S cut and I got the S.  

Day 3 Ė Friday, 9th of March - The Worst is Over?
Felt nauseous again last night but it went away after a while.  Doctor thinks itís because of the morphine.

I have to emphasize again that the maid is really helpful.  A list of some of the additional stuff she does:
  • Helps me brush my teeth Ė she holds the bowl, I do the brushing
  • Gets a wet towel and rubs my arms, back and hip area
  • Continually empties my pee bottle
  • Constantly provides me with water Ė they told me to drink water so that my fever could go down

My catheter was again cleaned/replaced once more today. .  to my displeasure.  

The doctors also changed the bandages on my right leg because my right leg was bleeding a lot and the bandages were drenched in blood.  It seemed like blood was coming out of one pin site on my right shin.  Think there was a tear there.  So Dr Zhao had to stitch that area and that hurt extremely bad.  Later in the afternoon Dr Zhao removed the blood bags and tubes from both legs and stitched the two Ďholesí.  So far the biggest pain Iíve felt so far has been from Dr Zhao performing the stitches.  Apparently they shouldíve given me painkillers before doing the stitches but my doctor just went straight to it.  Epidural was also removed and there hasnít been much pain.  

Day 4 - Saturday, 10th of March - Sleeping is a Pain
Was put on IV drip twice.  Apparently one was sodium chloride and the other was glucose.  Sleeping was a pain the night before.  My legs were so uncomfortable and I had nothing to put my mind off it so I was very stressed.  My legs were in pain but there was no sharp pain or anything like that.  They just felt so uncomfortable and I think it was because I wasn't allowed to bend my knees.  My legs have been straight and in the same position since the surgery and they were placed on top of a thick mattress.  So they were raised higher than my body.  I tried a tablet of Tramadol and then a sleeping pill later but it didnít really help.  Eventually I was able to sleep a bit but I slept in increments throughout the night.  The restless nights were hell.

Got my catheter pulled out today as well and that felt weird.  The feeling was weird because it felt like a lot of fluid just burst out of my penis but it was just the cathether.  There wasnít any pain at all, just felt really weird and uncomfortable when it came out.  But it was really quick so it was not a problem.  

Also took out the mattress from under my lower legs and it was replaced with a flat-ish pillow.  

Day 5 - Sunday, 11th of March - First Adventure to the Toilet
I read in Rocís diary that once you do this operation, you should pray that you donít need to take a sh*t.  Well all I ever felt like doing for the past 5 days was piss but today, I finally needed to sh*t.  My maid, Jiao Jie and my guardian helped me get to the toilet with the 2 office chairs and it was a tiring process.  But even though it was a pain to do I started laughing pretty hard during the ordeal because I couldnít believe I was in this state, doing something like this to get to the toilet.  Made me realize not to take these every day things for granted.  

These are the office chairs I use.  Pretty standard chairs.  

Also sleeping the night before was a bit better than the previous night.  Didnít take any Tramadol or a sleeping pill but I slept okay.  I'm starting to dread sleeping.  The days seem to be going really slowly as well since all I've been doing is lying in bed and just shifting around because of the legs.  For the entire 5 days my legs have been in the same position except for times when I had to do light activities like rolling them around and bending my ankles.  Even without frames keeping your legs straight and in the same position is a tiring feat but with frames on, it really felt like hell.  I also have this protector that goes over my legs that prevents the blankets from touching my legs.  Been using it for the past 5 days.  

Dr Zhao also gave me one more light activity to do: to tense and then relax both my quad muscles a few times.  Itís similar to what body builders might do with their pecs but you do it with your quads.  

Day 6 - Monday, 12th of March - I Can Bend My Knees?
Sleeping last night was excruciatingly uncomfortable and somewhat painful.  Just found out today from Ronne that I am allowed to bend my knees a little bit.  That was a big relief.  

Day 7 - Tuesday, 13th of March - X-ray
Left my bed for the first time since my surgery; got into a wheelchair (with some difficulty) and went to the X-ray room and got my legs X-rayed.  One was done with me lying down with straight legs and two more of my right and left leg individually as they were lying bent and with the knees outward.  From the X-rays I was definitely able to see the S-cut.  It started from one end of my leg to the other.  Looked like a very long cut; thought it would be smaller.  

Day 8 - Wednesday, 14th of March - Bow Jow/Bao Jiao
I finally got the famous "Bow Jow" or "Bao Jiao" or however it's spelt.  My maid, Jiao Jie, wrapped these wet hot towels around my feet (they were really hot) and kept re-applying them every few minutes.  Initially they may be really hot and a bit painful but you get used to them.  They start to feel weirdly comfortable and soothing.  She also washed my feet a bit.  

Dr Zhao also said I can start lengthening tomorrow and I was very happy to hear that because I thought I had to wait another 1-2 weeks.  At the moment, I still need to get my bandages and gauzes removed, my pins cut because the other patients have been saying they were too long, and have a rope tied to my left and right leg so I can lift them up with my arms if need be.  

Day 9 - Thursday, 15th of March - Lengthening Has Begun
Tried sitting for the first time today and I was really enthusiastic about it since I had been lying down for the last week or so.  I also thought it would be easy but I totally forgot about this thing called gravity.  There was no pain but the weight of the frames just pulled my leg down and I felt the areas around the pin sites, and just my lower legs in general, stretch.  It was a scary feeling because I try to be cautious with my legs and this almost felt damaging to my legs.  But Dr Zhao and Ronne both said that I should be sitting and moving around more so I sat for around 20 minutes and it felt good in the end.  

Dr Zhao also taught me how to lengthen today.  I got my own spanner and I use it to loosen the nut before I turn the blue things with my hand.  

My spanner.

I was told to do a total of 5 turns every day at 2 hour increments.  And there are numbers on the blue things so every 2 hours, I would, for instance, go from 1 to 2.  And there are four blue things on each leg so you do that to all eight of them and you wait another 2 hours and turn from 2 to 3 on each blue thing.  And you keep going until you do 5 turns.  Hope that made sense.

As you can see, 4 blue things on each leg.  

The doctor also changed my bandages and gauzes and cleaned my lower legs, getting rid of the dried blood and other liquids that got dried up.  Then he got a big shear and cut the pins that were sticking out.

Pin after it is cut.

So I did 5 turns today and lengthened 0. 833 mm.  I have finally begun my journey  Grin

Day 10 - Friday, 16th of March - Standing
Tried standing for the first time.  This was much harder than sitting or any of the other exercises and my arms were shaking.  Dr.  Peng (I think) and Ronne came into my room today and helped me get up and I just tried to stand for as long as possible and as straight as possible.  I felt my lower legs stretch (especially the area behind the knees) and I had to look forward and push my bum forward so that I was straight.  It was very hard but still doable.  Stood again once more later in the evening with the help of my guardian and Jiao Jie.  Felt easier already.

Day 13 - Monday, 19th of March - Walking
Since the 16th, I have been doing exercises in bed everytime I did a turn (so I did leg raises and other exercises a total of 5 times a day) and I stood 3 times a day for 1 minute each.  Sometimes I might get lazy and miss out on one session or so.  I try not to.  The other foreign patients have been advising me not to get lazy because you will have to make up for it later.  Without exercise, knee bending and ballerina feet will be definitely worse so I am determined to walk a lot once I can walk properly.  A patient I know has lengthened around 7-8 cm so far and he has absolutely no knee bending or ballerina feet at the moment.  Everyone says he is incredible.  He says he walks for around 2 hours and stands for 1 hour everyday (I think that was it).  So basically he exercises a lot and he has no problem at the moment.  He can even stand and walk a bit without the walker  Shocked

Anyway I finally decided to walk a bit using my walker today.  It was more of a drag rather than a walk since I wasn't really lifting my legs.  But in the end I walked like 1-2 metres and sat back on the bed.  Sitting is easy now.  I no longer feel any weight dragging my leg down.  It might feel a bit tiring after a while but sitting is no problem now.  Walked 2 more times today.  Felt good  Smiley

I do have a slight pain in my right knee though.  I can bend my left leg and just sway it around no problem on my bed.  But once I bend my right leg and start to move it, it will start to hurt.  It feels as if it's not meant to be bent that way even though it should be able to.  I don't think it's a big problem though.  Hoping it will go away soon.  Jiao Jie has also been doing the Bow Jow once every day for the past few days.  It feels really good and soothing.

The nurses have been coming in and checking my temperature every day for the past few days since my temperature has still been slightly high from the fever.  Has been varying from 37-38.  It seems okay now.  They stopped coming today.  Ronne also visits regularly and has been giving me Chinese medicine for my fever and has been generally checking up on me and seeing how I was doing, giving me advice as well.  I emphasize again that the people here are very nice.  There are some problems with the food though.  As in sometimes, they give us food that we don't order - even though a man comes every day to write down what we want - but we don't mind too much lol.  
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 05:34:09 PM »

Man, what a great diary! I like how detailed and descriptive you were! Also your pictures were great quality, I can see someone pre-ordered the iPad (3) lol jk I'm really looking forward to the rest of your diary.

BTW Your external frames look really nice. They look very sturdy and high-quality. The way that nurse stayed with you day and night also makes Beijing a really attractive place to lengthen even if the facilities aren't beautiful. They get the job done!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay in total?

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
andrewshizzles
5'6 ➡ 5'10
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 194

perfect height? 6'?

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 05:47:14 PM »

Those blood bag pictures are super gruesome. Me gusta.
I can't imagine having those cages around my legs...

Btw, I have a question, what's your goal?

Good lucky luck Wink and keep writing... Your diary is off to a good start.
Andrew

*Deus Ex was kind of too boring/hard for me.
In Hitman, or Assassin's Creed I would always just charge in, guns blazing. No time for strategy. hahah  Cheesy

almost done!
PerfectBreak
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 05:54:42 PM »

Thanks so much for sharing! I will read again now, jam-packed with info Wink
Redemption
MMT Contributor

Credibility 11

Determination

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 06:33:52 PM »

Man what a great diary, I look forward to keeping up with you on this one.

How much do you plan on lengthening?

I think I would be too much of a wimp to do externals but totally understand the price is a huge variable when choosing how to lengthen. You are a trooper my friend.

"If I ever met Genetics, I would kick him in the nuts..."

Current height: 5'7/171cm Future height: 5'11/181cm

Wingspan: 178cm Sitting height: 95cm
TitanV
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 06:43:16 PM »

Good luck!
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 10:33:35 PM »

EXCELLENT DIARY!!!! Very detailed and with pics. Can't wait to read your next post.

171.5cm
Tramadol
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 11:17:36 PM »

Hello Deus Ex  :D

you must be the guy opposite to my room.  I was able to stand up using a walker after 2 week.  During week 3,  i'am getting pain problem with both side of my knees.  i cant bend them and they are straights like a stick.  I think i have abused them too much by over exercise and leaving the room too much.  The muscle might have been damage and slight tear.  :(

you just take it slow and best stay in bed to let your muscle heal.

Beijing LL Patient 2012
Deus Ex
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 114

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 03:05:12 AM »

Quote from: Arche link=topic=4781. msg54350#msg54350 date=1332178449
Man, what a great diary! I like how detailed and descriptive you were! Also your pictures were great quality, I can see someone pre-ordered the iPad (3) lol jk I'm really looking forward to the rest of your diary.

BTW Your external frames look really nice.  They look very sturdy and high-quality.  The way that nurse stayed with you day and night also makes Beijing a really attractive place to lengthen even if the facilities aren't beautiful.  They get the job done!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay in total?

And I paid 24 000 euros for the package + 1500 USD for my guardian's 1 month stay + maybe a few hundred for extra stuff I bought at Walmart and for paying the driver. 

Quote from: andrewshizzles link=topic=4781. msg54352#msg54352 date=1332179234
Those blood bag pictures are super gruesome.  Me gusta.
I can't imagine having those cages around my legs. . . 

Btw, I have a question, what's your goal?

Good lucky luck Wink and keep writing. . .  Your diary is off to a good start.
Andrew

*Deus Ex was kind of too boring/hard for me. 
In Hitman, or Assassin's Creed I would always just charge in, guns blazing.  No time for strategy.  hahah  :D

Yeah, I wanted to go to Germany originally but too expensive  :-\

And I can't believe I forgot to write my goal  :)
My goal is around 7-8 cm depending on the situation.  But 7 cm minimum hopefully. 

And yeah I still need to play it.  Just started a bit but haven't really touched it since my surgery.  I liked Assassin's Creed I though :) Haven't played the sequels. 

Quote from: PerfectBreak link=topic=4781. msg54353#msg54353 date=1332179682
Thanks so much for sharing! I will read again now, jam-packed with info Wink

Thanks!  :)

Quote from: MyRedemption123 link=topic=4781. msg54356#msg54356 date=1332182032
Man what a great diary, I look forward to keeping up with you on this one. 

How much do you plan on lengthening?

I think I would be too much of a wimp to do externals but totally understand the price is a huge variable when choosing how to lengthen.  You are a trooper my friend.

Thanks.  I am planning to lengthen 7-8 cm with 7 being minimum hopefully :)

Quote from: TitanV link=topic=4781. msg54358#msg54358 date=1332182596
Good luck!

Quote from: Dookieman link=topic=4781. msg54371#msg54371 date=1332196415
EXCELLENT DIARY!!!! Very detailed and with pics.  Can't wait to read your next post.

Thanks :) But I actually can't guarantee that it will last.  I really don't know since something might happen and I might stop.  Hopefully I don't  :o

Quote from: Tramadol link=topic=4781. msg54375#msg54375 date=1332199056
Hello Deus Ex  :D

you must be the guy opposite to my room.   I was able to stand up using a walker after 2 week.   During week 3,  i'am getting pain problem with both side of my knees.   i cant bend them and they are straights like a stick.   I think i have abused them too much by over exercise and leaving the room too much.   The muscle might have been damage and slight tear.   :(

Hey :) Yeah I think we are on opposite sides of the hallway.  It's funny that I've seen the other patients but not you even though you're closest to me hahah :)

And I heard about your situation and I'm really sorry that you have to go through that.  I really hope you get better soon.  Is the pain less now? What did the doctors say about it?
Chompu Sodsai
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 72

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 04:06:05 AM »

Good luck with LL my friend, I wish you speedy lengthening and speedy recovery.  Wink

Tramadol
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 09:58:20 AM »

Quote from: Deus Ex link=topic=4781. msg54387#msg54387 date=1332216365
Hey :) Yeah I think we are on opposite sides of the hallway.   It's funny that I've seen the other patients but not you even though you're closest to me hahah :)

And I heard about your situation and I'm really sorry that you have to go through that.   I really hope you get better soon.   Is the pain less now? What did the doctors say about it?

only better but the pain is still there.  It has been 9 days now.  Doc keep giving chinese herb patches and cream.  I think they dont work at all.  They will try injection later if pain still there after few more days.  I feel so useless and sad :('''' .  i even need two chairs going for number 2.

Beijing LL Patient 2012
Tramadol
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 09:59:46 AM »

ops! i meant 'little better'

Beijing LL Patient 2012
Gregory
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 12:20:03 AM »

Ha, you got the "smush room;" or at least that's what it seems until you realize that everything can be heard in the room next to you. But yeah it is a good room, though it can get lonely at times, especially if you like having roommates. Good luck with your LL DX.
Deus Ex
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 114

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 04:38:59 AM »

Quote from: Chompu Sodsai link=topic=4781. msg54387#msg54387 date=1332216365
Good luck with LL my friend, I wish you speedy lengthening and speedy recovery.   Wink

Thank you :) I read that you finished lengthening.  Very jealous.  I wish you a speedy recovery as well  Grin

Quote from: Tramadol link=topic=4781. msg54399#msg54399 date=1332237500
only better but the pain is still there.   It has been 9 days now.   Doc keep giving chinese herb patches and cream.   I think they dont work at all.   They will try injection later if pain still there after few more days.   I feel so useless and sad :('''' .   i even need two chairs going for number 2. 

Yeah, I have this Chinese patch on my right knee but I don't know if it's helping.  I really hope your knees get better ASAP.  Have you stopped lengthening for the moment then?

So you are the one that keeps stealing one of my chairs hahah :)

Quote from: gregulle link=topic=4781. msg54425#msg54425 date=1332289203
Ha, you got the "smush room;" or at least that's what it seems until you realize that everything can be heard in the room next to you.  But yeah it is a good room, though it can get lonely at times, especially if you like having roommates.  Good luck with your LL DX.

There has only been problems with my toilet so far.  My hot tank started leaking again so they just fixed it today.  I think they replaced it completely with a new one.  Hopefully it's fixed now. 
TrueDreams
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 06:47:22 AM »

One of the best diaries I've read (so far), f**king amazing...good luck with this shi* man, it's gonna be hell but I hope we can pull through.  Wink

Starting height: 165cm, Current height: 168cm, Final height: 173cm, WS: 172cm.
Transformer
MMT Contributor

Credibility 9

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 02:52:58 PM »

Have they stopped doing the Double Cut and switched to the S Cut? If you can, can you find out what are the pros and cons of each cut and wether you have the choice to choose. 

good luck on your journey
Tramadol
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 04:03:39 PM »

Quote from: Deus Ex link=topic=4781. msg54439#msg54439 date=1332304739
Yeah, I have this Chinese patch on my right knee but I don't know if it's helping.   I really hope your knees get better ASAP.   Have you stopped lengthening for the moment then?
So you are the one that keeps stealing one of my chairs hahah :)

I had injection yesterday to both of my knees.  It was a bit painful the way the doctor did it.  He even twist the needle to make sure it spread to all affective area.  After that i was able to bend both of my knees with his help.  But there's problem with my left knee because sometime when try bending my left leg, my lower part of the leg start to shake on its own like mad.  So he had to squeeze the calf muscle to make it stop from shaking.  The shaking occur due to weak muscle.  My right leg is fine, i can even bend it without hand support.

Next day morning, i can still able to bend my right leg without a issue.  But my left leg is not doing so well.  Ronne came to my room to help me bend my left leg, this time wasn't painful as yesterday but still get little bit of shaking.  Overall the left leg is getting better, I just have to keep exercise.

Beijing LL Patient 2012
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 10:21:51 PM »

Wow are in the trenches as I like to say. Fight on my friend!

171.5cm
Tramadol
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 10:49:33 AM »

Quote from: Deus Ex link=topic=4781. msg54439#msg54439 date=1332304739
Have you stopped lengthening for the moment then?

no, i can carry on lengthening but only 3 turns a day at 3 hour increments.

Beijing LL Patient 2012
jmnj06
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 11:21:14 AM »

Hello Deus Ex  Cheesy

you must be the guy opposite to my room.  I was able to stand up using a walker after 2 week.  During week 3,  i'am getting pain problem with both side of my knees.  i cant bend them and they are straights like a stick.  I think i have abused them too much by over exercise and leaving the room too much.  The muscle might have been damage and slight tear.  Sad

How much have you legthened so far? What do you think you could of done to prevent this? ie more streching before the LL surgery? Slower distraction? Just curious to find ways to lower complications while doing LL
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.