MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 02:03:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from sna78:
"Pain is temporary, height is forever!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deus Ex - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2012 - Nothing's Free  (Read 116398 times)
JoeDud
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 12:35:58 PM »

Hey Deus.   It's me the guy next door to you.   Just call me Joe here since I also want to keep myself anonymous.   It's pretty cool reading a diary knowing the guy writing it is right there lol.   Good diary man, and a lot of information too.   We got 5 months ahead of us.  . 
JoeDud
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 12:41:09 PM »

Quote from: gregulle link=topic=4781. msg54425#msg54425 date=1332289203
Ha, you got the "smush room;" or at least that's what it seems until you realize that everything can be heard in the room next to you.  But yeah it is a good room, though it can get lonely at times, especially if you like having roommates.  Good luck with your LL DX.

Yeah I can hear them sometimes from this room.  =P
Tall4all
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 02:36:10 PM »

Hey deus,
This is the dude that came by and told you to not get lazy with the long hair hehe. 

Your diary looks very good.  Man idk how people manage to make one, i really wish i could have  made one but just never in mood and hate writing hehe.   Anyways how are you and the other fellas over on the other side.  ? Hope your all feeling better. 

I had a small operation to replace some lower pins on wednesday, ill try to come by to see you all when i am better

=]
Deus Ex
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 114

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 03:26:34 PM »

Day 14 Ė Tuesday, 20th of March Ė Ropes
Dr Zhao came in and checked my legs and my mobility.  Told him about my knee pain and he reckons itís no problem.  He also told Jiao Jie to make me ropes from surgical tapes to tie onto both frames.  Jiao Jie did a nice job Ė she got 3 parts of the tape and made a braid and then tied the end somehow and this is how it looks.  

I also walked to the toilet for the first time to do a number 2.  It was very tiring but I can feel that my walking is getting smoother, stronger and easier.  But Iím trying to take it easy at the moment because of my right knee.  Iím planning to listen to (the user) Tramadolís advice.  Donít think I should over-exercise and make things worse.  

Day 16 Ė Thursday, 22nd of March Ė First Post-surgery X-ray
Finally went to get my X-ray done in the afternoon.  You can clearly see the S-cut and the gap.  I am not entirely sure whether the leg on the left is actually my left leg and the right is my right leg lol.  I might've been holding it the wrong way.  And also the leg on the left is curving because I was holding it there when I took the photo.  

Dr.  Zhao said it was great and I am almost at 1 cm.  And I can definitely see the difference in the size of the gap in comparison to my first X-ray.  But I didnít take a photo of my first one and the doctors have my X-rays so I canít really show you guys the comparison.  Sorry about that.  And even though Dr.  Zhao said my legs looked great, I wasnít too encouraged by his words Ė even though I was grateful Ė since at this point there shouldnít be any problems.  If there was, I would be really worried since I havenít even reached 1 cm yet.

Ronne also came later in the afternoon and told me that my sore right knee is because of my tendons.  She helped me bend my right knee and such and it didnít seem to hurt.  But at this point I donít think the pain in my knee has increased or abated much since 5 days ago or so when I first got it.  Iím getting slightly worried but im hoping it will go away soon.  
Ronne also said that for around 2 hours at a time during the day, I should be sitting or lying in bed with my lower legs on a pillow so that that they are raised a bit.  This really stretches the area underneath the knees and my legs are straight.  She says this will help prevent knee bending later.   It does get really uncomfortable so she advised to take a break every 2 hours or so.  But during sleep she says I donít need to since I need to have a comfortable position to sleep.  However it is better if you sleep with your legs straight.  If you can handle it.
Deus Ex
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 114

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 03:47:32 PM »

Quote from: TrueDreams link=topic=4781. msg54503#msg54503 date=1332398842
One of the best diaries I've read (so far), f**king amazing. . . good luck with this **** man, it's gonna be hell but I hope we can pull through.   Wink

Thanks a lot :) Yeah hope it goes relatively smooth for us.  Good luck to you!

Quote from: considering8 link=topic=4781. msg54525#msg54525 date=1332427978
Have they stopped doing the Double Cut and switched to the S Cut? If you can, can you find out what are the pros and cons of each cut and wether you have the choice to choose.  

good luck on your journey

Not entirely sure but I think they stopped doing the double cut.  I read in one diary where the person (ShootingFor6) got a double cut and he had problems such as premature consolidation.  So he had to get surgery done again to fix that.  I recall jack0life strongly disapproving the double cut in ShootingFor6's diary.  Apparently double cut is meant to speed up treatment and recovery but I was honestly hoping I didn't get the double cut before the surgery because of what I read.  And it's the doctors' decision so I don't think it really matters.  Unless you talk to them beforehand and ask if you can get the single or S-cut. 

Quote from: Tramadol link=topic=4781. msg54527#msg54527 date=1332432219
I had injection yesterday to both of my knees.   It was a bit painful the way the doctor did it.   He even twist the needle to make sure it spread to all affective area.   After that i was able to bend both of my knees with his help.   But there's problem with my left knee because sometime when try bending my left leg, my lower part of the leg start to shake on its own like mad.   So he had to squeeze the calf muscle to make it stop from shaking.   The shaking occur due to weak muscle.   My right leg is fine, i can even bend it without hand support. 

Next day morning, i can still able to bend my right leg without a issue.   But my left leg is not doing so well.   Ronne came to my room to help me bend my left leg, this time wasn't painful as yesterday but still get little bit of shaking.   Overall the left leg is getting better, I just have to keep exercise. 

Quote from: Tramadol link=topic=4781. msg54596#msg54596 date=1332499773
no, i can carry on lengthening but only 3 turns a day at 3 hour increments. 

Man your situation sounds crazy but I'm glad that you can still do turning at this stage.  I'm worried about my own right knee but it's nothing compared to what you're going through so I really feel for you.  Hope you can pull through :)

Quote from: Dookieman link=topic=4781. msg54562#msg54562 date=1332454911
Wow are in the trenches as I like to say.  Fight on my friend!

Thank you :)

Quote from: JoeDud link=topic=4781. msg54601#msg54601 date=1332506158
Hey Deus.    It's me the guy next door to you.    Just call me Joe here since I also want to keep myself anonymous.    It's pretty cool reading a diary knowing the guy writing it is right there lol.    Good diary man, and a lot of information too.    We got 5 months ahead of us.   .  

Hey Joe! Hahah

Yeah thanks :)
Long 5 months. .  Hopefully your company and the others' will make it seem shorter :) We can pull through!

Quote from: JoeDud link=topic=4781. msg54602#msg54602 date=1332506469
Yeah I can hear them sometimes from this room.   =P

Yeah and my guardian says you guys are audible as well :D
Also, apparently your toilet is connected to my guardian's room hahah

Quote from: Tall4all link=topic=4781. msg54607#msg54607 date=1332513370
Hey deus,
This is the dude that came by and told you to not get lazy with the long hair hehe.  

Your diary looks very good.   Man idk how people manage to make one, i really wish i could have  made one but just never in mood and hate writing hehe.    Anyways how are you and the other fellas over on the other side.   ? Hope your all feeling better.  

I had a small operation to replace some lower pins on wednesday, ill try to come by to see you all when i am better

=]

Hey :)

I'm pretty sure I know who you are but there is one more person who has long-ish hair and told me not to be lazy hahah. 
Think we're all doing well-ish here.  Hope the operation went smoothly :) Come visit when you're better!
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 02:21:03 AM »

Once again I commend you on the detail of your diary. Keep it coming, keep it coming! LOL

171.5cm
EuroPrincess
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 1

PLAN YOUR LL DREAMS PROPERLY!

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2012, 02:52:50 AM »

Hi,Deus Ex! amazing diary,thank you for your information and pictures!!! Don't stop LL,YOU CAN DO IT!!!
How much did you paid for LL total?

Deus Ex
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 114

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2012, 11:53:07 AM »

Hi,Deus Ex! amazing diary,thank you for your information and pictures!!! Don't stop LL,YOU CAN DO IT!!!
How much did you paid for LL total?

Hey thanks Smiley

24 000 euros for the 4 month package + 1500 USD per month for guardian's stay + few hundred USD for just some stuff bought at Walmart here in Beijing

And I believe the price for the rod removal 1-2 years later is not included.
Transformer
MMT Contributor

Credibility 9

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2012, 01:54:42 PM »

Hey Deus

Hows your lengthening going so far? if you can update us on your situation.  I plan on coming down there this fall.

Thanks
EuroPrincess
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2012, 02:24:00 AM »

Hey thanks Smiley

24 000 euros for the 4 month package + 1500 USD per month for guardian's stay + few hundred USD for just some stuff bought at Walmart here in Beijing

And I believe the price for the rod removal 1-2 years later is not included.

Thank you ! did they give you any discount at all? do you know how much the rob removal and scars removal cost?
how are u doing?
Hey,I hope I will be there this summer!  Cheesy

Deus Ex
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 114

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2012, 02:52:46 PM »

Hey Deus

Hows your lengthening going so far? if you can update us on your situation.  I plan on coming down there this fall.

Thanks

Hey considering8. Yeah I'm planning to do an update tomorrow on what's been happening. And I believe I'll be leaving this fall if everything goes according to plan.

Do a lot of stretching exercises for your legs before you come Smiley It should help a lot.

Thank you ! did they give you any discount at all? do you know how much the rob removal and scars removal cost?
how are u doing?
Hey,I hope I will be there this summer!  Cheesy

I didn't get any discount. And I'm not sure how much the rod and scar removal is. I think rod removal is around 2000 USD. I remember reading somewhere but I forgot, sorry.

You should also do some stretching exercises for your legs before you come. It'll help with the lengthening process. Smiley
Transformer
MMT Contributor

Credibility 9

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2012, 03:23:27 PM »

I've already started doing cardio and bicycling at the gym.  Any specifiec leg exercises recommended?
bashful
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2012, 05:42:27 PM »

I had surgery there in Feb 2010-thrugh July 2010....do they offer any physical therapy now other than just laying in your bed?
Transformer
MMT Contributor

Credibility 9

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2012, 06:43:39 PM »

Thats a good question.  Physical therapy needs to be part of the LL process in Beijing.  I wonder why they don't provide this service.  Are they able to provide it?
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2012, 07:58:59 PM »

Keep strong dude.
And keep stretching as much as you can. Practice is everything for a successful LL.

live strong
condor
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2012, 08:09:51 PM »

I had surgery there in Feb 2010-thrugh July 2010....do they offer any physical therapy now other than just laying in your bed?

I would suggest list all the muscles say you're LL'ing femurs. And then for each muscle list a number strengthening, enduring, stretching exercise to make them big and really healthy. You might have to get in touch with a physio therapist even, but its' worth. And finally make a plan, give yourself enough time to get trained muscle before the operation. But generally:
Femur: Squats, Lunges, Clean Pulls
Calf: Calf Raises, Reverse Calf
Gluts / Psaos: Check youtube.
IT bands: Check youtube
Abs: ensure lower abs
Dynamic Stretches for all above muscle.
Lots of running / bicycling / stair climbing / manual treadmill runs.

Basic idea is that for instance take you quads: you should have the ability to lift at least equivalent weight than you have as yours' on your shoulders. The reason is that you could potentially loose more than half of your strength post-op. This is going to help in LL in every manner.
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2012, 09:45:55 PM »

I would suggest list all the muscles say you're LL'ing femurs. And then for each muscle list a number strengthening, enduring, stretching exercise to make them big and really healthy. You might have to get in touch with a physio therapist even, but its' worth. And finally make a plan, give yourself enough time to get trained muscle before the operation. But generally:
Femur: Squats, Lunges, Clean Pulls
Calf: Calf Raises, Reverse Calf
Gluts / Psaos: Check youtube.
IT bands: Check youtube
Abs: ensure lower abs
Dynamic Stretches for all above muscle.
Lots of running / bicycling / stair climbing / manual treadmill runs.

Basic idea is that for instance take you quads: you should have the ability to lift at least equivalent weight than you have as yours' on your shoulders. The reason is that you could potentially loose more than half of your strength post-op. This is going to help in LL in every manner.

Condor, are you an LL patient or veteran?

171.5cm
user80219
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2012, 05:51:28 AM »

Dues, JoeDud, or Tall4all --> how many patients are currently at the hospital?  I am planning to come in a month or so depending on availability.

I emailed the hospital several days ago but have not received a response.

Thanks,
ballsacksRevenge
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2012, 09:52:51 AM »

What's up Deus.  I dont know what Tall4All is talking about, calling his hair "long" . . .  I'm the real shi* right here, don't get us confused

Good to see you and all the other patients last night.  Keep exercising ; the weather is getting nice, maybe you can walk out to the courtyard in a week or so

Also, for the users discussing what kinds of exercises and stretches etc you should do before coming here, I don't think it really matters.  I've seen every kind of patient, no matter how flexible or strong, face huge obstacles.  I think what matters is what you do HERE, post-op, during lengthening

Lastly , and I know a lot of you don't want to hear this, but a big part of it is LUCK.  No matter how much you prepare beforehand, the ease and success of your lengthening will depend largely on luck (how your body responds, what complications you run into, etc).  No amount of stretching or exercising prior to surgery can change this
JoeDud
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2012, 12:19:31 AM »

Quote from: user80219 link=topic=4781. msg55071#msg55071 date=1333086688
Dues, JoeDud, or Tall4all --> how many patients are currently at the hospital?  I am planning to come in a month or so depending on availability. 

I emailed the hospital several days ago but have not received a response. 

Thanks,

There's plenty on english speaking patients and a lot of Chinese ones too.  They've already hired 2 new maids because more patients are arriving.  Xia is making $$$.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.