MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 01:59:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from MMTA:
"Leg Lengthening is hard-work and shouldn't be considered by the faint-hearted. Physical and mental strength are needed in great measure!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deus Ex - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2012 - Nothing's Free  (Read 116397 times)
Deus Ex
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 114

« Reply #340 on: June 25, 2013, 12:52:06 PM »

Looks really great!

What is keeping you from walking normally?

Any ballerina?

It's because my calves are still tight and stiff if say I sit down for a long period of time and also because I get tired easily due to my weak legs.

And ballerina was gone months ago maybe back in October or November. However the tightness in my calves are still there.

My walking may not be normal in these situations:
- In the morning immediately after I wake up because my calves and Achilles have relaxed and they need to contract again.
- After sitting down for an extended period of time because of the same reasons as above.
- Walking DOWN stairs, because Achilles has to stretch even further. Walking up stairs is easy.
- If I'm carrying a lot of weight, I might not extend my legs fully and sort of walk like a penguin but not too extreme.
Deus Ex
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 114

« Reply #341 on: June 25, 2013, 12:52:53 PM »

Congrats, Deus Ex. Enjoy your new height!

Congratulations on your height and recovery. Thank you for gracing the forum with a few lines. It's always good to have an LL vet chime in to tell us how he/she is doing.

Thanks guys  Smiley
usnom
MMT Member

Credibility 19

« Reply #342 on: June 25, 2013, 03:02:53 PM »

Dues,

Doing it over would you still choose china? Also would of still recommend externals when HLN internal will be available for Tibias soon in India?

Also would you go for femurs for round 2? If so where?
Deus Ex
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 114

« Reply #343 on: June 26, 2013, 09:38:14 AM »

Dues,

Doing it over would you still choose china? Also would of still recommend externals when HLN internal will be available for Tibias soon in India?

Also would you go for femurs for round 2? If so where?

Personally I wouldn't only because they don't do internals and the scars are too visible with externals. And for me, the scars are a big deal. So rather than saying I wouldn't choose China, I would say that I wouldn't choose externals again if I had the chance. But for any other reason, I would definitely choose China again (technically Guangji Hospital, not any other hospitals in China lol).

And as I said above, because of the scars I wouldn't recommend externals and I think only with the Ilizarov frames, you get massive hypertrophy of the calves. So especially for GIRLS, I wouldn't recommend externals ever. All patients developed hypertrophy of the calves after external Ilizarov frames I'm pretty sure.

I wouldn't go for femurs because I don't care about height anymore and I don't have the time. Plus it'll make me disproportionate I think but if I was to do it, most likely Germany with Dr Betz.
Deus Ex
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 114

« Reply #344 on: July 02, 2013, 04:04:58 PM »

I think I might make short updates as I discover anything new. Can't promise anything though.

Update (11 months and 2 days after frame removal):
I just noticed for a few days now but I think it's been like this for a few weeks: I do not get stiffness in my calves in the morning after I wake up or when I begin to walk after sitting for a long period of time.

Usually my calves relax when I'm idle and then when I get up to walk they're stiff so I have to walk for a couple of seconds to get my movements smooth and fluid.
But now it seems like my walking is smooth even after long periods of not walking.
(Note: I may look like I'm walking smoothly from another person's perspective but my calves and Achilles used to feel stiff).

It is definitely still not 100% but very close in my opinion.
Lavocadia
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #345 on: July 02, 2013, 05:03:45 PM »

It is definitely still not 100% but very close in my opinion.

Wow. Smiley
Padfreak101
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #346 on: July 02, 2013, 11:48:21 PM »

thanks for the update, really appreciate it ! have u got any plans for nail removal ?
Deus Ex
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 114

« Reply #347 on: July 03, 2013, 07:44:47 AM »

Wow. Smiley

Yeah I mean I can probably jump and jog if I wanted but I never try. Just in case. Always better to be safe and so far no problems *knock on wood* haha.

thanks for the update, really appreciate it ! have u got any plans for nail removal ?

Yeah, sometime next year because might not have time anytime soon even if my consolidation was 100%.
panda
« Reply #348 on: July 03, 2013, 09:49:13 PM »

Hi Deus,
About the scars, it says on their website that they can remove them. Have you ever seen people after scars removal? How bad it is after?
Thank you.
adabi
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #349 on: July 03, 2013, 10:34:34 PM »

I've seen a few people who did scar removal and didn't notice a big difference
Deus Ex
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 114

« Reply #350 on: July 10, 2013, 07:24:04 AM »

Hi Deus,
About the scars, it says on their website that they can remove them. Have you ever seen people after scars removal? How bad it is after?
Thank you.

I don't think the scar removal is that great in Guang Ji hospital. One patient had it and it just made dents in the skin if I recall properly.

And I haven't seen any other people after scar removal so I should research a bit and see what it involves, etc.
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #351 on: November 03, 2014, 07:03:26 PM »

Deus,

It's been a little over a year since your last update. Have you had a chance to visit Beijing for nail removal?

Also, how has your recovery been? Any residual pain? Is your calf stiffness completely gone now? Any knee pain?

Initial Height: 175cm  |  Wingspan: 180 cm  |  Sitting Height: 95 cm
asfastaslight
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #352 on: November 20, 2014, 11:13:45 PM »

Hypertrophy of calves?   You realize people do steroid and all of this cra* to make that happen?   You did that with LL good job man you literally did what many body builders can't I don't think you should hate on your calves nothing more attractive then being 170cm the same height as Vladmir Putin with 19 inch calves and being a man *.*...
aaronxxx
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #353 on: December 07, 2014, 10:52:36 PM »

HI, you feel satisfied with our chinese service? i will do these maybe in may, 2015.
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #354 on: March 17, 2015, 03:24:34 PM »

I hope this gets seen, I wasn't sure of the appropriate place to post this, but seeing as this is the most recent and definitely most detailed and active journal I figured it would be a good place to hopefully get some information.  I'm planning on going to Dr Xia, but I had a few questions that I don't see in his sites FAQ, and I was hoping to get some tips from people who have done or are currently going through the process,

First, a little background on me.  I'm 28 and 5'6.  I've struggled with my height all my life, it has always been a real focus of unhappiness and insecurity for me.  I work out, I consider myself attractive in terms of muscle build and face, but my below average height has always hung over my head like a black cloud.  I feel it in my interactions with woman and even more so with other men, getting the feeling of not being taken seriously by my peers who are taller than me because of my stature, regardless of my physical ability being on par with them.  It also didn't help that I was in a long, abusive marriage where my height was often a target to emasculate me.  I'm divorced now, and have been dating with some success, but I have definitely noticed that my height is a mitigating factor for me in my choice of girls (or rather their choice of me).

So, after some time I discovered this site, and read all of the FAQs very thoroughly, and selected going to Dr Xia based on the information presented here.  I'm not a wealthy man, and I simply can't afford going to one of the doctors in the US, so this is my best option to be able to get this done and still have money left over to live life.  I have been waiting because I am in the military and I can't just leave the country, but my time in the service is running out, I will be out completely in May 2015, and I want to get this procedure started as soon as I can.  I've weighed the risks and the pain factor (which considering I've been shot and taken shrapnel before, that is of no concern to me) and the rehabilitation length, and I know this is what I want to make myself feel good when I see myself in the mirror.

The questions I have weren't really covered in the FAQs here or from Dr Xia, and they primarily involve the logistics of getting this done, not the surgery itself since that has been amazingly detailed by this site and it's members.  What I would like some info on is:

-What is the best way to get the money over there to pay for the surgery? Traveler's checks, bank transfers or other?
-How did you get to the hospital? What was the best airport to fly into? I saw that they can provide transportation, but since it is difficult to get a hold of them, what did you do to get there?
-I saw that internet was provided, is it good enough to play online video games on? Since that will be most likely how I pass my time while in bed.

Any information or advice is greatly appreciated, including something I didn't ask about but you think would be helpful for me.  Thank you for taking the time reading this, and even more so for any responses.  I know there are many trolls who make posts but have no intention of doing this.  I have the money, I have made the commitment and I am doing this.
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #355 on: March 21, 2015, 06:48:40 AM »

My advice to you is getting done in the US. Its not much more expensive.

I spent total $48k for the first surgery + tickets, then another $5k for the rod removal + airline tickets. That is almost $60k.

Their price is somewhere around $30k for the first surgery alone, and you have to pay for everything else yourself; food, water, internet, rent, maid, everything ...even toillet papper.

Go to China and you will become their cowmilk. they will try to get every penny out of you. And when you got your legs broken and they are taken care of you....you dont want to fight with them.

When I was there for my LL. They charged me $1200/month for a dirty small little room - About 130 sf. When i came back 3 months ago for rod removal. They charged me $80/night at the hospital and $30/day for food at the hospital.

Skip China....
deaddog
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #356 on: March 22, 2015, 08:00:18 AM »

What about Dr. Barinov in Russia? That sounds like a better option to me.

Bohemia
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #357 on: May 14, 2015, 02:47:07 AM »

My advice to you is getting done in the US.  Its not much more expensive.

I spent total $48k for the first surgery + tickets, then another $5k for the rod removal + airline tickets.  That is almost $60k. 
Get it done in the USA where?

I underwent a personal consultation with Dr.  Dror Paley and he gave me a price of $90,000 total for surgery and rehabilitation.

Then the nail removal a year later will cost $10,000, which adds to a total of $100k, not including hotel, airfare, etc.

Where in the USA can we receive a price in the same range as China?
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #358 on: May 14, 2015, 05:33:04 AM »

http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,7001.0.html

45k.
Shortmodel90
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #359 on: June 28, 2015, 11:53:32 AM »

Hey really enjoyed reading your diary, I had a question.  I wanna go to Beijing in Sept and when I get back to the states I wanna get back into working out, I usually jog for not much but 4 to 5 miles daily.  Do you think after frame removal I can go back to that gradually and stay in shape? Weird question I know but thanks for taking time to read this lol :)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.