MMT Community
February 23, 2019, 11:48:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is the leading site for the discussion of Leg Lengthening on the Internet. Join now - the more contribute, the more you will benefit from being part of our community. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Humatrope (growth hormone)  (Read 73314 times)
cypher
Banned
Lurker

Credibility 8

« on: August 16, 2007, 11:01:24 PM »

I remember a few years back some guy was offering to sell me humatrope growth hormone. He said he would pick it up in Mexico and ship it to me and said if my growth plates did not fuse, I would be able to grow three quarters of an inch from every dose I do. Each does came to around $2,000 plus shipping.

Needless to say, I went to a doctor and had an xray of my knee to see if my growth plates were fused and they were. So I never got to test this stuff because it would have been a waste.

Can anyone tell me if this stuff would have worked, or was this just some scam? I've read that sometimes injectable growth hormones can fuse the growth plates faster. Anyone know anyone who has successfully used humatrope to get taller and was over 15-16?

Thanks for any input!
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 11:22:06 PM »

I remember a few years back some guy was offering to sell me humatrope growth hormone. He said he would pick it up in Mexico and ship it to me and said if my growth plates did not fuse, I would be able to grow three quarters of an inch from every dose I do. Each does came to around $2,000 plus shipping.

Needless to say, I went to a doctor and had an xray of my knee to see if my growth plates were fused and they were. So I never got to test this stuff because it would have been a waste.

Can anyone tell me if this stuff would have worked, or was this just some scam? I've read that sometimes injectable growth hormones can fuse the growth plates faster. Anyone know anyone who has successfully used humatrope to get taller and was over 15-16?

Thanks for any input!

Growth hormones will certainly help you to grow if your growth-plates haven't fused, but they do have side-effects. Normally, a doctor would only prescribe them in extreme cases of retarded growth because the long-term possibility of things like cancer is not well-known.

However, I know that a lot of rich parents give their children growth hormones and I don't think that that there are any major recorded incidents of problems...

Maybe we'll know for sure in a few years Wink

lincoln
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 07:41:23 PM »

Yep, there are many parents that have bought their teenagers the gift of a few extra inches of height in the form of Growth Hormone injections. This is probably not the best forum for this (and it is a highly controversial subject) but if you simply Google it properly, you will find a lot of answers.     
To briefly give you a few answers:

- Yes Growth Hormone (rGH) is well known to help teenagers grow, if their growth (epiphyseal) plates are not fused.

- 3/4 of an inch from every dose of Humatrope? I don't really know where to begin with this one other than to say 'hilariously ridiculous!'  High probability of growth? Yes! How much? NO WAY for ANYONE to know. Period.
Every body is different.

-I'm assuming that by "dose" he would have been talking about the commonly-sold 60IU package (four 5mg bottles). $2000 USD would have been a rip off.  For you Americans, normal prices, shipped to the US from Mexico should never be more than $15 USD per IU, or $900 per dose.  He would have been making mucho dinero, my friend.  That was a few years ago.  Mexico is not that great of a place for Americans to get rGH from, anymore.  Today, you can easily buy it, with a credit card, shipped from inside the US, for those types of prices.     

-Injectable rGH causing premature closure of growth plates?  Probably dreamed up by the same people that tell you that masturbation causes impotence...  What actually causes growth plates to close appears to be fairly complicated, but high levels of sex hormones during the height of puberty would probably be at the start any related intelligent discussion.

If you want to know more, its out there...

MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 08:20:48 PM »

That's very interesting stuff, lincoln.

Human Growth Hormones are not something that I know much about, but let's start another board for 'Alternatives to Surgical LL' so that people can start to discuss it.

MMT

Americanpimp
LL Veteran
MMT Contributor

Credibility 61

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 01:02:07 PM »

I also heard that growth hormones not only make you grow but it makes EVERYTHING else grow too, such as your head, feet and hand.

Now in the 180cm club!
1howardl
Lurker

Credibility -1

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 09:40:46 AM »

this is the same hormone bodybuilders use to make their bodies grow bigger.  I also read some new studies that in conjunction with the growth hormone, there is a new drug they are using for breast cancer or something, when, mixed with the growth hormone can make you really tall!  You should check the internet on this.

However, there are side effects to all drugs, and, like MMT said, there might be a chance for cancer.  Look at all the sport and bodybuilder people taking growth hormone and steroids right now.  One famous kickboxer guy from Switzerland died at 35 years of age from using HGH and Steroids from Leukemia.

Anyway, I believe its a small percentage of people, so, if you don`t want to go through the painful and long LL procedure, take the drugs!!  I would if I were you, forget cranking your legs. OUCH!!
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 11:29:17 AM »

Yes, I've also heard that (when they work!) HGH can make all of you grow, rather than just the bits that you want to grow... It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has actually taken them to see what the results were...

cshotsky
Investigator
MMT Adviser

Credibility 142

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 03:23:40 PM »

HGH is a very serious medication that in the U.S. can only be prescribed to children by a pediatric endocrinologist. The FDA has set a limit of projected height for females of less than 4'11" and for boys of less than 5'3" as the approved practice standard for HGH in idiopathic short stature (genetic shortness). No legitimate pediatric endocrinologist is going to risk his/her license in the U.S. to prescribe HGH to a child who is projected to be significantly above these heights. The onset, duration, and dosage of HGH affects the outcome. Contrary to what is posted, HGH is most effective in young children - not teenagers. Ideally, treatment is started at around age 6 and continues till growth cessation. (Keep in mind it costs about $30k per year). Late treatment in teenage years is not as effective for two reasons A). Contrary to what is stated, some medical studies indicate that HGH treatment does accelerate maturation and bone plate fusing, mitigating the increased rate of growth. B) The blood levels of HGH are naturally high during puberty and safety issues prohibit going above a certain dosage level so the "extra" HGH in your system at puberty versus childhood is less. The major risk from HGH is not cancer - it does not cause cancer it accelerates the growth of an exisiting cancer - the major risk is insulin intolerance and diabetes. HGH actually works by causing the liver to produce insulin growth factor IGF-1. IGF-1, as the name implies, is chemically related to insulin and binds to the insulin receptors. Hence, a childs metabolism and insulin production/utilization is affected by HGH injections which is why a pediatric endocrinologist monitors a child closely. HGH also works in a feedback loop with other hormones that suppress it and cause its release. The first affect of HGH injections is to cause your body to shut down its own HGH production - hence the need for superphysiological doses to increase height.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 04:21:32 PM »

Thanks, cshotsky - very useful!

lincoln
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 10:46:52 PM »

he he, see I told you this would be controversial... Wink
MMT: I not sure that this thread will do much more than amuse and confuse most people on this board.  Are we sure that we really want to open this subject up?

Sigh.  Just wondering... 
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 12:04:32 AM »

I think that it will be useful for people to understand that there really is no magic pill Smiley

cypher
Banned
Lurker

Credibility 8

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 03:56:40 AM »

I think that it will be useful for people to understand that there really is no magic pill Smiley

Yeah, when I was in contact with that guy who would go to Mexico for me, he made it sound like these were "magic shots" and would make me grow if my growth plates weren't fused. I think cshotsky hit it right on the head with the answer I was looking for. He told me a few 15 and 16 year olds grew about three inches with the growth hormone he was getting. Was more than likely a load of BS, but you still never know. I wasn't able to try it myself to say for sure they didn't work like he said.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 10:12:25 AM »

Yeah, when I was in contact with that guy who would go to Mexico for me, he made it sound like these were "magic shots" and would make me grow if my growth plates weren't fused. I think cshotsky hit it right on the head with the answer I was looking for. He told me a few 15 and 16 year olds grew about three inches with the growth hormone he was getting. Was more than likely a load of BS, but you still never know. I wasn't able to try it myself to say for sure they didn't work like he said.

The trouble is, how can he prove that those 15 and 16 year olds wouldn't have grown naturally without the HGH? Most teenagers keep growing anyway Smiley

cshotsky
Investigator
MMT Adviser

Credibility 142

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 07:50:39 PM »

There is a possibility that  a 15 or 16 year old could grow three inches (perhaps in as little as six months) on HGH if that person was growth hormone deficient and had late bone maturation. That is very different from a person who has clinically normal HGH levels but is short. For idiopathic short stature, the average increase in height over five years of treatment at a conservative dosage level is about 1.5 inches. At an aggressive dosage level it is about 3 inches. The response per individual varies greatly due to a person's genetic makeup. One very interesting aspect of HGH treatment is the effect of varying the first year's dosage - even if one switches from "low" to "high" dosages after the first year of treatment, final height is not really affected. Most of the effect comes in the first year before the body acclimates to the injected HGH. What is unclear to me from reading medical research is what happens if one takes HGH as a child and then stops before growth is completed. I don't know if one retains the extra height or if the body slows future growth as a result of HGH treatment and frankly, I'm not sure the medical commuity knows the answer to that question either.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 11:38:05 PM »

cshotsky = someone who has really done his homework Smiley

174cm
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 114

Read the FAQs before you POST or it is SPAM!

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 10:04:02 AM »

I also heard that growth hormones not only make you grow but it makes EVERYTHING else grow too, such as your head, feet and hand.

will ur little brother grow too?

GrownGrowth
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 09:48:15 PM »

this is the same hormone bodybuilders use to make their bodies grow bigger.  I also read some new studies that in conjunction with the growth hormone, there is a new drug they are using for breast cancer or something, when, mixed with the growth hormone can make you really tall!  You should check the internet on this.

Sporadically, over the years, I have read up on HGH, IGF, PGCL, PGF, MGF etc. I'm not sure that I have a clue as to what combo you're referring.

Please, reference this "mix" with links to studies and/or forums with people experimenting with it.
Bo
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 06:58:50 PM »

I took HGH injections for a month at age 19 and all it did was make me grow more body hair and facial hair and made me feel a little anxious. HGH makes people taller if their growth plates have not fused, which usually happens around 16 for girls and 18 for guys. Even if the growth plates haven't fused, it takes thousands of dollars to grow a few centimeters.
PocketRocket
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 11:19:25 PM »

I took HGH injections for a month at age 19 and all it did was make me grow more body hair and facial hair and made me feel a little anxious. HGH makes people taller if their growth plates have not fused, which usually happens around 16 for girls and 18 for guys. Even if the growth plates haven't fused, it takes thousands of dollars to grow a few centimeters.

Woah HGH injections at age 19? That strikes me as quite unusual... surely 19 years old was too old, were they prescribed and administered by a dr?

Watch your carbon footprint!
Beijing Here I Come... 2009~!
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 02:27:38 AM »

Where did you get the HGH?

I'm shocked if a qualified doctor prescribed it to you...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.