MMT Community
February 23, 2019, 11:08:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is a free service to support those interested in or considering Leg Lengthening, and all are welcome to join! Just click on the register button and you will be approved ASAP. Remember to bookmark http://www.makemetaller.org now!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Humatrope (growth hormone)  (Read 73312 times)
Bruce
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 231

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 11:53:55 PM »

I wonder if HGH can be used after LL to decrease healing time.
cshotsky
Investigator
MMT Adviser

Credibility 142

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 03:25:51 PM »

Very likely HGH could be used in LL to speed recovery and growth of soft tissue. I directly asked that question to Guichet and Cole, but neither showed any interest in prescribing HGH. Why ? They are surgeons, not endocrinologists and it isn't their area of expertise.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2008, 10:38:35 PM »

Very likely HGH could be used in LL to speed recovery and growth of soft tissue. I directly asked that question to Guichet and Cole, but neither showed any interest in prescribing HGH. Why ? They are surgeons, not endocrinologists and it isn't their area of expertise.

How would HGH help to repair soft-tissue damage? I'm not familiar with how it works, never having explored it Smiley

Bruce
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 231

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 01:27:50 AM »

I also asked Dr Mitkovic and he says there no evidence that it will help.Im positive it would help with healing bones aswell as soft tissue.It repairs everything!!
goman
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2008, 02:40:29 AM »

Yep, it is regularly administered to elderly (who have the money).  They are healthier all-around than average.

19, for a male, isn't too late unless your plates have closed.  This is because males normaly finish growing completely around 25, but I'm not an expert on HGH's effects regarding age.  I almost received it until the doctor gave me the bad news.  Again, if only this site-- or just cshotsky's info  Cheesy --existed a long time ago................. Roll Eyes 
cshotsky
Investigator
MMT Adviser

Credibility 142

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 02:06:24 PM »

The mechanism by which HGH influences cellular growth is extremely complex and not even completely understood. HGH acts in a variety of ways to spur cellular division and to increase cells ability to uptake nutrients. One reason kids heal faster than adults from injury is their endocrine balance (more important is their actual tissues regenerative capacity). HGH has been studied as an aid to healing from wasting diseases, trauma, anemia, etc. Normally, a positive effect is noted - the greater the age of the patient the greater the impact. HGH does have side effects that limit its usage and frankly scares most doctors from experimenting with it. Athletes and bodybuilders do know the results of both HGH and anabolic steroids, hence the significant illegal misuse of both in professional sports. Steroids buiild muscle mass and strength, HGH does not, but HGH speeds the healing time post training and post injury allowing more strenous training. Interestingly, Guichet did tell me that there was no reason for hormone use during LL for "regular people", but it was an option for athletes.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2008, 02:05:42 PM »

Interesting.

Personally I wouldn't touch HGH as I like to keep my body natural, but I can see the appeal to athletes who want to be at peak performance...

Lenny
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2008, 03:23:16 AM »

Personally I wouldn't touch HGH as I like to keep my body natural, but I can see the appeal to athletes who want to be at peak performance...
And yet you've been telling people that noticed you were taller that you were on HGH Wink ha ha ironic
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 10:06:57 AM »

And yet you've been telling people that noticed you were taller that you were on HGH Wink ha ha ironic

Well, I don't know what gave you that impression, but none of the people that I roll with would believe for a minute that HGH could make you taller!

PocketRocket
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 11:50:15 AM »

There seems (to me) too much mystery and adverse affect associated with HGH.. And to be quite honest, id rather spend an extra few months doing LL naturally... LL is not something that should or needs to be rushed, in my opinion. Especially if your a healthy person with a descent diet/lifestyle.

Peace.

Watch your carbon footprint!
Beijing Here I Come... 2009~!
Bruce
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 231

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2008, 03:36:33 PM »

There seems (to me) too much mystery and adverse affect associated with HGH.. And to be quite honest, id rather spend an extra few months doing LL naturally... LL is not something that should or needs to be rushed, in my opinion. Especially if your a healthy person with a descent diet/lifestyle.

Peace.

HGH wont make you taller anyway,unless your a child.LL is the only option for adults.
Smart Man
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2008, 05:29:12 AM »

Don't you ever think of using growth hormone if you're adults , it may cause serious deformities to you such as acromegaly which is a syndrome that would make you look ugly and won't make you taller and it may cause death
although it's dangerous for adults it may be useful for some people if their epiphyseal plates (Growth plates) haven't fused yet (even if they are not children) . Two years ago I speaked with an endocrinologist who told me that there are some people that continue to get taller till 25
carlb
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2008, 02:46:44 PM »

I donít think you can tell adults never to take HGH. It is also prescribed for many reasons. The paradox is that HGH does have potentially serious side effects and at the same time it also has many positive effects.

Regular small dose therapy can significantly increase an OAP's quality of life.
I'm not advocating its use that is a personal decision between you and a physician.

But donít take my word for it; look at Stallone in the latest Rocky film. He's 61yrs old. Apparently he now advocates the use of HGH and test for people over 40. I would imagine that the likes of Stallone can limit the risks with their access to extensive resources such as medical staff/aids that tell him in general, what his whole stats/levels are, what to take and when to take it etc...

While in Oz Stallone was caught with 40 bottles of the stuff! Strange though, I though it was normal for a 60yr old to look the way he doesÖÖ..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/stallone-faces-charge-of-importing-growth-hormone-440129.html

Bruce
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 231

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2008, 09:46:05 PM »

I donít think you can tell adults never to take HGH. It is also prescribed for many reasons. The paradox is that HGH does have potentially serious side effects and at the same time it also has many positive effects.

Regular small dose therapy can significantly increase an OAP's quality of life.
I'm not advocating its use that is a personal decision between you and a physician.

But donít take my word for it; look at Stallone in the latest Rocky film. He's 61yrs old. Apparently he now advocates the use of HGH and test for people over 40. I would imagine that the likes of Stallone can limit the risks with their access to extensive resources such as medical staff/aids that tell him in general, what his whole stats/levels are, what to take and when to take it etc...

While in Oz Stallone was caught with 40 bottles of the stuff! Strange though, I though it was normal for a 60yr old to look the way he doesÖÖ..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/stallone-faces-charge-of-importing-growth-hormone-440129.html

Stallone is a machine!!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 09:53:48 PM by Bruce » Logged
cshotsky
Investigator
MMT Adviser

Credibility 142

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2008, 11:53:58 PM »

No therapeutic dose of HGH would come close to acromegaly, which is the result of tumour growths on the pituitary. Acromegaly results from production of HGH at levels many times higher than those used in "anti-aging" treatments. Acromegaly is also easily controlled via modern medicines such as somastatin. The risks to an adult using HGH would be alterations in sugar/insulin metabolism (insulin resistance) as well as the acceleration of any cancer growths. As a matter of fact, taller women statistically suffer from a higher rate, and higher death rate, from breast cancer which is presumed to be linked to higher IGF levels either at puberty or in adulthood. So, for all the short women out there, you do have some thing to be thankful for !
Bruce
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 231

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2008, 02:16:53 AM »

Another problem with HGH is you would probably have to use it the entire LL process (about a year) Because if you use it for only 3 months then stop,Your body's natural HGH would be shut down for another 3 to 6 months which would be terrible for your consolidation seeing as LL is a long process.So i think this puts HGH in a catch 22 predicament.
Treow
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2008, 04:07:56 AM »

Has anyone taken Coenzyme Q10 during their lengthening? I've been taking it for the past year and feel way better, I think. I suppose I won't know until the END.

http://www.coenzymeq10.nfo/
Coenzyme Q10
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is a vitamin-like substance which is naturally present in most human cells, except red blood cells and eye lens cells. CoQ10 assists the body by aiding the conversion of food to energy in the energy-producing mitochondria of each human cell. Overall, ninety-five percent of the human body's energy requirements are met with the energy converted by the help of CoQ10.

Some of CoQ10's many benefits include treatment uses for mitochondrial disorders, migraine headaches, cancer, brain and neurodegenerative diseases, cardiac arrest, and blood pressure issues. Additional proposed or considered CoQ10 benefits may be found on the Treatments page.

CoQ10 is used as a vitamin dietary supplement, especially amongst the sick and elderly who may at times not be able to produce enough. Younger and healthier people may be able to produce CoQ10 from lower numbered ubiquinones (e.g. Q8 and Q6). It acts as an antioxidant through its ability to transfer electrons.
carlb
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2008, 11:51:08 PM »

Personally speaking, I used GH after an operation and found that I had to have my stitches removed many days ahead of my appointment due to the super fast healing I experienced.

I donít think that GH therapy halts your own production, as a former user and friend to many that still do, I can attest to this. Although it May be wise to not take your dosage at night as this may negate the value of your own output, Iíd be inclined to take it in the morning, so as to get the extra benefit from my own output whist sleeping. There are lots of different opinions and I cant back that up with a paper. But if any one can point to a scientific paper that is clear on the subject (a lot of cr*p info out there) please do so as this is a subject Iím interested in as perhaps the LL community should be.
cipollon
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2008, 11:18:45 PM »

So that, as per Carlb's post,

what does people think about the use of injectables such as GHRP-6 (growth hormone release peptide), cjc-1295, IGF-1 LR3 (Insulin Growth-like factor) or Mecano growth factor (a step further the path of IGF).

None of these substances inhibits the body's HGH production at all (to the best of my knowledge), and they are used not only by anti-aging therapies but by bodybuilders as well (they allow gains of lean muscle which are permanent, unlike steroids).

I believe they could be a tremendous help in order to reduce the healing time after LL.

Any experiences?
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2008, 04:34:59 PM »

I don't believe that these will be of much help at all - I've never known of a healthy LL patient having any major difficulties with the healing of their tissues - it is stretching and mobility that minimises recovery, not physiological factors.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.