MMT Community
October 18, 2018, 01:56:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS! Please make sure that you only post general questions on the 'General Questions' board or you'll get a lot of flames - and make sure you read the FAQs and DIARIES first Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Humatrope (growth hormone)  (Read 71080 times)
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2011, 10:39:34 PM »

I know personally pro bodybuilder who took hgh at age 26 and grew up 2. 5 cm after 2 years of hgh cycle(and his face looks normal). 
So guys its not all about plates the main reason why hgh working is that make all bone thicker not just longer Smiley
So i have tell you guys that im starting hgh  cycle in 5 months.
sorry for my bad english Smiley

For how long are you going to take it?

Keep us informed.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
Apotheosis
International Underwear Model :P
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2011, 10:45:25 PM »

I think using HGH is a very, very bad idea. HGH makes everything on your body grow: your hands, your feet, your internal organs. Have you not seen those pro bodybuilders who have 4% bodyfat and ripped abdominal muscles but their huge distended stomachs still stick out like they are fat? That's not from carb loading, it's from HGH. Their internal organs have grown huge and filled in their stomach cavity. It's revolting.

What is the toll that the rest of your body is going to have to pay for this potential increase of a mere 2.5 CM?

Apotheosis

My personal apotheosis to the very best me I can be. Starting height: 171 cm. 9.5+ cm added to femurs. 10.5+ cm added to tibias. Final Height: 189.5 cm +/-

My femur diary: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,3530.0.html
My tibia diary: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,4202.0.h
Joe2000
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2011, 07:11:01 PM »

Most of BB use HGH and they have normal stomach. Like Dexter Jackson,Lavron,eric frankhauser.
Now im making research about hgh and what i red, big stomach is genetic thing. Important is amout of hgh. Pro BB use more than 20 IU like ronnie,but my friend took only 8 to 10 iu and he looks normal. Its not so scary if you now what to do. About CM. for me 1 inch is huge thing. Now im 166.5 if after  cycle i will be 169 i need just 6 cm off LL and i will be 175 - pretty decent height, right? If i want be 175 without HGH a need 8.5 cm off LL and this amount  is hard to do and i can be really out of proportions with my short torso. Smiley
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2011, 02:25:21 AM »

Most of BB use HGH and they have normal stomach. Like Dexter Jackson,Lavron,eric frankhauser.
Now im making research about hgh and what i red, big stomach is genetic thing. Important is amout of hgh. Pro BB use more than 20 IU like ronnie,but my friend took only 8 to 10 iu and he looks normal. Its not so scary if you now what to do. About CM. for me 1 inch is huge thing. Now im 166.5 if after  cycle i will be 169 i need just 6 cm off LL and i will be 175 - pretty decent height, right? If i want be 175 without HGH a need 8.5 cm off LL and this amount  is hard to do and i can be really out of proportions with my short torso. Smiley

Did you take any HGH yet?

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
Marquez
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2012, 05:09:30 AM »

Over the years since this thread was started, has anyone found out more information regarding the HGH Treatment.  I've been scarcely reading on this topic and it is something I would consider.  However, I'm 17 and there is a possibility I might be to late.  My mother is
4' 11" and my father is 5' 4".  My current height is roughly 5' 2".  If this isn't no longer an option I would start looking deeper into LL for the next upcoming years and consider it once I graduate college than.

Thanks,
shoryuken
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2012, 08:46:14 AM »

Over the years since this thread was started, has anyone found out more information regarding the HGH Treatment.  I've been scarcely reading on this topic and it is something I would consider.  However, I'm 17 and there is a possibility I might be to late.  My mother is
4' 11" and my father is 5' 4".  My current height is roughly 5' 2".  If this isn't no longer an option I would start looking deeper into LL for the next upcoming years and consider it once I graduate college than.

Thanks,

ur probably not going to grow anymore if those are your parents height, ur actually pretty lucky to get that considering my mum is ur mums height and my dad is about 6 foot and i only got 5'3"
Man101
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2012, 03:42:09 AM »

I was classmate with a guy, about 5yrs ago, who was about 6'2-6'5 tall but has a very small head.  He told me that, he used to be very short for his age so his parents decided to boost him up with HGH injection.  But he mentioned that, while his other body parts grew, his head size remained the same.
Though I can't confirm whether he was telling the truth or not, he surely does have a very small head size.

"No Pain, No Gain"
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2013, 02:30:00 AM »

Quote from: 1howardl link=topic=497. msg7631#msg7631 date=1187516446
this (HGH) is the same hormone bodybuilders use to make their bodies grow bigger.   I also read some new studies that in conjunction with the growth hormone, there is a new drug they are using for breast cancer or something, when, mixed with the growth hormone can make you really tall!  You should check the internet on this.

I believe the second drug he is referring to is Anastrozole, marketed under the name Arimidex, and typically referred to as "A-dex" by many bodybuilders.  It is typically used to fight breast cancer in women because, when taken at 1MG per day, it almost entirely stops the body's natural production of estrogen, which contributes to tumor growth in women with breast cancer.  Men, too, produce estrogen, albeit in lower quantities.  There is substantial evidence that estrogen is responsible for the closure of the growth plates (hence the reason that women stop growing earlier than men), so some younger people take anastrozole in order to lower estrogen levels in hopes of keeping their growth plates open longer and thus growing for more time, making them taller.  Since steroids/testosterone eventually become estrogen in the body (which is why taking steroids stunts growth), many bodybuilders who take high doses of test/anabolic steroids also take anastrozole to keep their estrogen levels in check.

I saw a study that showed that anastrozole actually did increase average height for a group of boys, but the sample size was relatively small:

hxxp: www. ncbi. nlm. nih. gov/pmc/articles/PMC2266949/

It is also worth noting that the long-term side effects of youth taking anastrozole has not yet been sufficiently researched.

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
Andre01
MMT Member

Credibility -3

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2013, 08:40:22 AM »

what do u guys think about using moderate amounts of HGH to stimulate/speed up the nerve and muscle growth during LL.

The lengthenning rate is limited primarily by the rate we can stretch our soft tissue. Im surprised this is not one of the major areas of interest for LL members
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2013, 11:44:07 PM »

I find this topic very, very interesting as well. My guess is that it would help. The problem with LL is that, during lengthening, muscles and nerves can't keep up with 0.5mm-1mm a day of bone growth, so, instead of growing alongside the bone, muscles and nerves are merely stretched, causing the muscles to lose their previous abilities, at least for a while. Heigh growth stops when the growth plates close, however I don't think nerve growth is tied to the growth plates specifically. I don't really understand why nerves don't grow and, instead, stretch during LL. Nerves have the power to regenerate, which is why limb transplants have been possible, albeit rare, in the past. Maybe it does have to do with the fact that most LL'ers are in their mid 20's or later, and their natural HGH production has declined beyond what is necessary for nerve growth. I'm not a doctor, but I think HGH during LL might be very helpful if it doesn't cause the bones to consolidate too quickly during actual lengthening.

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
ITALIANOMI
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2014, 05:14:04 PM »

In Italy, a famous football player from Brasil, Alexandre Pato, came in your country when was 17.
He was not so tall, about 170cm and, with medicians help of Milan, he grew about 9cm, to become 179cm and playing in your campionato italiano di calcio.
Pelan200
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2014, 01:47:35 PM »

I stumbled across this thread when searching Humatrope on the internet so I thought I'd throw my experience with this in here.

Humatrope was first approved by the FDA in 1987.   In 1988 I began taking it at the age of 14.   At the time I was 5'4" and 165 lbs.   Chubby kid.   This period of my life was the only time I have ever been overweight.   I was the shortest kid in my class and my mom got me checked for Growth Hormone levels.

I had zero growth hormone in my body which the doctors said should never happen in a 14 year old.   So I began taking humatrope shots every day.   The doctors said I could expect to be 5'9" or so.

Two years later the doctors checked me over.   I was 6'0" and still 165 lbs.   They did an Xray of my bones and they were still open.   So the doctor sat me down and asked, "How tall do you want to be?"

My father was 5'10" and my older brother was 5'11".   I told them I was tall enough.   Even after I stopped taking the shots I still grew for a couple months.   I topped out at 6'1. 5".

I'm 40 now and I've never noticed any side effects.   One odd thing is that I can grow a full beard which neither my father nor brother can do.   Their facial hair is pretty sparse.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.