MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 01:36:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NOTE: To see all of our content, and to be able to read the diaries and discussions threads, you must be a member and you must be signed-in or they will not show up.

Sign-up now - it's free and you'll have full access to all of our world-leading resources!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ilike8cm - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2012 - OUCH THAT HURTS!!!  (Read 96208 times)
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #240 on: November 05, 2012, 06:18:48 AM »

I'm 5 ft 7, American, and living in a S.E. Asian country. I'm even short here!  Angry

171.5cm
kentonite
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #241 on: November 05, 2012, 07:53:34 AM »

O boy my dreams are slim. .    :( how much bigger are people in your area
Ilike8cm
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 61

« Reply #242 on: November 12, 2012, 02:51:21 AM »

@Leladpomr I don't recall having that stuck unstuck scenario. I am glad that it has gotten better for you.

6 months and 4 days
------------------------
today was supposed to be my surgery to remove the frames and insert the rod.....however here I am in bed with IV because of a pin site infection.

I spoke to many people who had infections....how does one know if one had an infection and they all said "oh you will know! It's Painful!"

The early hours of Saturday 11/10
I typically sleep from one side to flat on my back and then rotate to the other side. When i sleep on my side, my legs are bent. When I make the rotation to my back, my legs would be straight. Three quarters asleep and 1/4 somewhat alert, I made the rotation from side to back and noticed my right knee feeling some sort of sensation as the knee was going from the bent position to straight.

Later in the morning, I woke up, did my routine....ate breakfast, and stood and walked. The sensation was still there in my right knee where the pin was. It wasn't painful. Around 5 pm, I did my third set of walking....the sensation increased a little bit but no significant pain. I knew something was different about my right knee at the pin site but I didn't know exactly what. I saw a nurse and threw out the crazy idea that I think I have an infection. She asked if it was really painful...I said no...just a little. She dismissed it as an infection however said a doctor will see me first thing in the morning.

Around 8 or 9pm, the pain was starting to kick in 5/10. By midnight it was 9.5/10. By far probably the most pain I have experienced. I popped a tramadol and a sleeping pill. Fell asleep.

Sunday 11/11/2012 the day before my scheduled surgery
Dr. Han came in the morning. Saw my pin site dressed it up with orange liquid and had me go on IV. For the rest of the day, I was bedridden and unable to bend my right knee.

Monday 11/12
Surgery postponed. Still IV

-------------------------------------
Lesson to be learned
The pin site that now has the infection may have been open because I removed the scabs and crust. When I was unable to remove the crust with the q tip, I would use my fingernail to crack the crust....I know ....rookie mistake. Lesson to be learned....keep finger away from pin site and keep pin site closed at all times.

Just when I thought this procedure was smooth sailing, here I am right before the finished line .... Major obstacle.

livin'
kentonite
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #243 on: November 12, 2012, 12:32:09 PM »

which is more painful. the pain of uncomfortability or physical pain?

and how would you describe a 5/10 pain compared with a 10/10 pain
Ilike8cm
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 61

« Reply #244 on: November 12, 2012, 12:58:48 PM »

This may be only my opinion but here it goes:

I have long since forgotten what uncomfortable pain is so....definitely physical pain.

Spraining your ankle and having to use the same ankle to drive a stick shift is a 10/10 pain. Spraining your ankle and then not needing to use your ankle and just letting it rest is a 5/10.

Hope that helps.

livin'
Ilike8cm
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 61

« Reply #245 on: November 12, 2012, 01:01:48 PM »

Oh, that would be the sprained ankle on the clutch.

livin'
Ilike8cm
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 61

« Reply #246 on: November 13, 2012, 02:08:15 PM »

6 months 6 days
------------------

After being on IV for 3 days, I am now no longer bedridden. I can move around on an office chair....however the area of the infection is keeping my right leg from freely bending and extending. I can bend and extend but it requires effort  (somewhat stiff) and some pain.... 3.5/10. Keeping my leg straight is pain free.

Dr. Zhao came to change the dressing on the infected pin site today and said it was a go for surgery tomorrow.

I am excited and hoping for a smooth surgery and a smooth recovery.....

livin'
kentonite
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #247 on: November 13, 2012, 03:01:50 PM »

I've always wondered how do you guys wear shorts with al those metal frames it must be a challenge.

O and pictures and videos are really helpful =D
balzakin
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 13

« Reply #248 on: November 13, 2012, 04:21:50 PM »

Good luck mate. By the time you read this you will have had your surgery.
I will come visit on Thursday or Friday to see how you are holding up.  Smiley
kentonite
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #249 on: November 14, 2012, 03:38:33 AM »

Dw bud you don't have long to go. Just imagine 2 years from now your walking along the streets happy as ever you feel complete. You never size yourself with someone else all your stress is going and the mental thoughts in your head have vanished like smoke. All those nights when your in bed thinking what if i was just taller are gone. Your a LL hero
back2basics
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #250 on: November 17, 2012, 01:26:21 PM »

congrats man and everything so far! i have  been following your diary for a while and you seem to have such a great attitude!

i am a patient who JUST finished his LL surgery in s.  korea! i would like to write more about my experience and everything.  i have been following this website for a while since i'm not that good in reading korean so i couldn't follow the given korean websites about this surgery.  i just recently made my new account and if any admin would message me, i would like to be able to have my own thread for any questions that i can answer and a more detailed description of my journey! thanks~

good luck to you bro!
back2basics
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #251 on: November 17, 2012, 02:05:09 PM »

my email is back2basicshaha@yahoo. com if anyone needs any specific info! i cant send pm! ):
Transformer
MMT Contributor

Credibility 9

« Reply #252 on: November 17, 2012, 03:01:45 PM »

congrats man and everything so far! i have  been following your diary for a while and you seem to have such a great attitude!

i am a patient who JUST finished his LL surgery in s.  korea! i would like to write more about my experience and everything.  i have been following this website for a while since i'm not that good in reading korean so i couldn't follow the given korean websites about this surgery.  i just recently made my new account and if any admin would message me, i would like to be able to have my own thread for any questions that i can answer and a more detailed description of my journey! thanks~

good luck to you bro!

You should post your LL experience in S. Korea on this thread

http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,5323.0.html
Ilike8cm
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 61

« Reply #253 on: November 23, 2012, 11:07:22 AM »

9 days post second operation
-------------------

I thought I best write about my second operation quickly before I forget the important details that may prove beneficial to the to-be-second-op guys and gals.

So I had my 2nd operation on October 14, 2012 at 9:00AM. Got onto the operating table, had IV in my right arm, had the epidural in, catheter, and lied around for a couple minutes. Dr. Peng asked whether I would like to sleep and I said sure. I was out ….. (ok, this part is not very beneficial)

I woke up, similar to the first operation, roughly around 15 minutes prior to being transferred over the stretcher bed with wheels. I did not feel any pain, everything was gravy. Recall the same thing as last operation, being pushed down the hallway and into my room. Several maids and nurses transferred me from the stretcher over to my bed. I was drifting in and out of sleep for the next 2 days.

Periodically, nurses would take my temperature and pulse. More than periodically, the nurse would come in and ask me to wiggle my toes, rotate my feet, and ask whether I can feel their hands touching my feet. I was unable to wiggle my toes until later in the afternoon and was able to rotate my feet from side to side shortly thereafter.

Still ….no pain for the next 2 days.

I spoke to many prior patients regarding the second operation, half of them say the 2nd operation is worse than the first. The other half say it is either the same or easier than the 1st operation. My experience is that the 2nd operation is easier than the first. It is probably because of my experience from the first operation. I believe what helped the most was the amount of water I drank. I drank a lot!! Knowing that it just empties right out…. I drank and drank and drank. For soreness in my back, I would slide a pillow slightly under one side of my back and switched sides periodically. I believe what also helped was the mattress pad I bought after I had such a hard time after my first op.

Summarized timeline:
The night of 11/16 – 2 days
The epidural must be wearing off because I am starting to feel pain. The pain feels like large paper cut pain. It stings and burns. I feel that in the knees and down near the ankles. I either took a tramadol or an ibuprofen and that seemed to solved the pain issue.

11/17 – 3 days==Morning—
Dr. Ma came and removed the epidural.
Nurse removed the catheter.

11/19 – 5 days -- afternoon –
Dr. Zhao removed the gigantic gauzes and bandages and replaced them with a slicker looking bandage wrap.
Lady came and made supporters
Went to take x-rays
I spoke with a local patient who had her 2nd operation the same day I had mine. She said she used the restroom by herself last night. She moved very carefully and slowly in the office chair to the bathroom. After knowing this, I tried to move about my room with the office chair and I was surprise I could do it as well. Although, quite painful at times when there is an awkward or fast movements in the legs.

11/21 – 7 days
Lady came with the supporters and showed me how to put them on and take them off. “Lock the supporters when you stand and walk” she would say to me. How can I walk with the supporters locked in a straight position?

11/23 – 9 days – standing for 1st time
Dr. Zhao removed the slick bandage wrap. He told me I can practice standing now. Only standing and no walking. Stand 3x per day for 5 minutes each. I stood for the first time today, slight ballerina in both feet but they eventually went down. It seems that the ballerina in my right leg is worse than my left.

-----------------
1 suggestion – do not make the supporters so soon. I had my supporter made on the 5th day. My legs still felt fragile on the 5th day. If I knew I could have postponed making the supporters, I would have. Your legs will get stronger day by day. Since you will not be using your supporters until at least 10 days, 14 days for most people, I would postpone making the supporters to at the minimum on day 7.

Unusual Pain
Ever since I started to move my legs (day 3 or so), particularly bending my knees, I noticed that my right leg cannot bend as far as my left leg. And if I try to bend it further I would get pain in the vicinity of my right knee. I thought this was the after effects of the infection I had just days prior to my surgery, but now that I can see my legs without any bandages, this pain is unrelated to the infection. I think the screw isn’t going in deep enough and that the screw is irritating my skin/tissues thus causing pain.

Anything I do with my left leg, I feel a 1/10 pain in the knee area….anytime I do the same movements with my right leg, I feel a 9/10.

I told Ronne and she pointed out that area does look to be a little swollen. She suggested I take Chinese medicine for the swelling as this same medicine has helped other patients in the past. I am hoping this Chinese medicine with solve my problem or else I would have to have the screw fixed....in the operating room!.

To be continued…

livin'
Ilike8cm
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 61

« Reply #254 on: November 23, 2012, 11:25:54 AM »

Gigantic bandage

Changing bandages - my first sight of the scars w/o the frames...what a sight!

Slick and thinner bandage

Making supporters

livin'
leladpomr
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #255 on: November 23, 2012, 10:29:25 PM »

COngratulation Ilike8cm

"Dr. Peng asked whether I would like to sleep and I said sure. I was out ….. (ok, this part is not very beneficial)"....I love this part....lol
kentonite
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #256 on: December 04, 2012, 12:51:41 PM »

Do you know how they take out that rod inside the bone? it looks impossible to take out unless you break the bone again??
leladpomr
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #257 on: December 04, 2012, 01:09:37 PM »

Do you know how they take out that rod inside the bone? it looks impossible to take out unless you break the bone again??

They take it out at the top of the knee, the same way they put it in (in reverse)
kentonite
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #258 on: December 07, 2012, 06:49:06 AM »

woah
c750
n00b

Credibility 1

« Reply #259 on: December 07, 2012, 09:54:49 AM »

Hey Ilike8cm.  Your diary has been very detailed and helpful, unlike some of the other shady diary on this forum.  I read your diary from beginning to end.

Thanks for the information and wish you a speedy recovery! I'm planning on doing tibia lengthening too but in India due to the price. 
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.