MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 02:31:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from sna78:
"Pain is temporary, height is forever!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ilike8cm - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2012 - OUCH THAT HURTS!!!  (Read 96214 times)
leladpomr
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #260 on: December 13, 2012, 08:25:09 PM »

Hi Ilike8cm

How are you doing? Could you tell me what nail are they using in Beijing (manufacturer, metal composition...etc)...Thanks.
Ilike8cm
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 61

« Reply #261 on: December 15, 2012, 08:47:55 AM »

@c750 best wishes on your LL journey!

@leladpomr to be honest, I don't know that information and I am also interested to know. I will check with Dr. Zhao or Ronne on Monday.

1 month 1 day post 2nd op
--------------------------------
Unusually pain - continued
The top most screw on my right leg was red and it hurts when touched. This was the location of the unusual pain.

I took the Chinese medicine as suggested however it did not stop or relieved the pain at the screw site. The Chinese medicine did help a little bit with the swelling.

Dr. Zhao had me take a blood test and the results showed I have a slightly high count of something, I can't recall what he said.  Basically, the results suggested that I have an infection and was put on IV for 5 days. Day in and day out, the pain at the screw site did not go away. It lingered and lingered.

Day 16 post 2nd op -- Dr. Zhao removed the stitches on all 10 screw sites. The next day, the pain at the screw site has gone down dramatically. Day by day, the pain dropped to where it is now....1 month 1 day ... the stitches were causing the majority of the pain. I still have some pain at the same screw now. I can see and feel the bump from the screw. Out of the 10 screws, this is the only screw that I can see, feel, and gives me pain (1.5/10) when I bend and straighten my legs. If I had to take a guess, I think the screw is either touching the ligament or in the way of the ligament when I bend and straighten my right leg. I have showed Dr. Peng and he said it is no problem.

Pain going from 9.5 to 1.5 is great! I have been able to stand and walk since then (using the walker). Now being 31 days post 2nd op, I am able to walk 20+ mins at least 3x per day with no problem. I think I may be ready for the crutches. Will try them next week or so.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 09:12:46 AM by Ilike8cm » Logged

livin'
dice1985
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #262 on: December 15, 2012, 08:55:05 AM »

can you post video of you walking ?
roadwarrior
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #263 on: December 24, 2012, 01:33:19 AM »

Dude Congrats! I just read your whole diary.
Thanks for the details and videos really helped.

You will start 2013 walking with a total new height.

So How long do you have to wait before you fly back to remove those rods?
How much does it cost to remove them or is it part of the initial cost of the surgery?
How much was your total budget for just this journey?  Do you think 50,000 USD would be enough for 1 year with no 2nd surgery? all external.

I hope you're well.

Starting height:172.7 cm
Goal: 185.5 cm
A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. Lao Tzu
Ilike8cm
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 61

« Reply #264 on: January 14, 2013, 12:44:44 AM »

2 months after 2nd op
--------------------------

Today marks the two month mark after my second operation and I just want to do a quick update.

1 month mark --- I was practicing walking with the forearm crutches. When I first use the crutches, I feel unstable...but still managed. After a couple days, I feel more stable.

1 month and 10 days or so
-- I flew home. I was able to get up and use the restroom on the airplane. Also, on my flight home, I got up and stood and walked for 10-15 minutes or so every hour for fear of blood clot. I picked aisle seat way back of the plane and surprisingly, I had two seats to myself in a two seat row. *TIP sit in the back aisle.....also when the plane lands, I didn't want to be in people's way with my crutches and stretching

-- a day or two after I got home, I drove for the first time since over 7 months. I drove an automatic.  The hardest part is getting in and out of the car. The driving was cake.

-- also around this time frame, I started taking showers standing up.  My bathroom has a bathtub and getting all the equipment necessary to sit and shower...was too cumbersome. Before standing and taking a shower, it helps to do some standing and walking before hand.  That way your legs are stretched and can balance your body.

2 month mark
-- about a week ago, I was able to walk around the house with supporters and no crutches. I only do this when I have to...such as in the kitchen, or carrying small items around the house....I walk like a penguin without crutches. And sometimes I would use just 1 crutch to walk around the house....freeing up 1 hand to carry things. I can walk pretty comfortably with 1 crutch now.  Because I currently live alone...I have to do everything myself...so I definitely miss Beijing regarding the maids doing everything.

-- Today I went grocery shopping and walked probably about 2 hours (with supporters and crutches).  Anyways, I feel I can walk pretty well now with the crutches. No pain...or very minimal pain.

=================
Regarding the top right screw on right leg.....the bump is there .. very visible...but the pain that it causes is subsiding...good sign.

=================
Do I notice the height difference?.... definitely....
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:28:02 AM by Ilike8cm » Logged

livin'
Ilike8cm
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 61

« Reply #265 on: January 14, 2013, 12:53:11 AM »

So How long do you have to wait before you fly back to remove those rods?
How much does it cost to remove them or is it part of the initial cost of the surgery?
How much was your total budget for just this journey?  Do you think 50,000 USD would be enough for 1 year with no 2nd surgery? all external.

I say email the hospital heheh

livin'
Ilike8cm
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 61

« Reply #266 on: January 14, 2013, 02:36:01 PM »

More notes
=========

Even at 2 months, my right leg is still weaker than my left leg. Every morning when I wake up, my legs feels stiff and would require some standing before doing anything.  Also when i sleep, my legs naturally bend. About sleep, I can't seem to get a solid straight 7-8 hours. I think I get a solid straight 5 and then small increments after. Sometimes I do wake briefly to shift and turn at night. This must be a habit developed during the last 8 months because his was not the case 8 months prior *before my surgery.

I have uploaded a video of me walking after 2 months. As you can see in the video, right leg is lagging behind. If anyone notices tips or improvements for me, please do share.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZIy2DQTiYg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZIy2DQTiYg</a>

livin'
leladpomr
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #267 on: January 14, 2013, 05:46:28 PM »

WOW Ilike8cm

That's amazing man, congratulation. Love the video, you're looking good.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #268 on: January 14, 2013, 11:34:23 PM »

Your walking looks good for this stage of your progress. You will get stronger each month that passes. Congrats on getting to this point.
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #269 on: January 16, 2013, 01:03:24 AM »

I agree with Sysop, your walking looks hen hao!!!

171.5cm
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #270 on: January 16, 2013, 10:30:19 AM »

Are you walking with or without the supporter?
peterpan
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #271 on: April 21, 2013, 07:04:59 PM »

Hi everyone,

I have a question about pricing. I know this may sound stupid, but there are so many different information sources out there that I have a hard time pinpointing the exact price for the procedure in Beijing.

According to Ilike8cm's diary, the hospital is sticking with 24,000 Euros - that is roughly 31,000 dollars.

However, I heard there is a discount for people who pay the full amount upfront. Is that still true?

What would the price be after the discount? Or is 24,000 Euros already the discounted price?

Thanks so much for your help.

I just recently graduated from college and while I can afford this procedure, every penny counts (because I use my own saving and not some other people's money). And I'm sure others have the same question so I hope someone can clarify.

Lastly, good luck on all your journeys. You're all very brave and I'm very proud of you, especially Ilike8cm.
luffy
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 78

« Reply #272 on: April 21, 2013, 07:53:06 PM »

There is no discount and you have to pay the full amount before the surgery
MAN-OF-STEEL
MMT Member

Credibility 2

It's not an "S"...

« Reply #273 on: October 20, 2013, 04:20:47 AM »

So what happened at the end?

Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith.  The trust part comes later.
jmoney
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #274 on: August 05, 2015, 02:00:26 PM »

Great diary, I'm currently in Volgograd with Dr.  Barinov and will get the nail soon.  Hope you're recovering well.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.