MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 01:20:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from MMTA:
"Leg Lengthening is hard-work and shouldn't be considered by the faint-hearted. Physical and mental strength are needed in great measure!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MMTA - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2006 - MMTA's Personal Diary  (Read 178513 times)
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #560 on: December 18, 2008, 10:14:53 PM »

Thank you MMT for sharing your experiences with us.

My pleasure!

Paro
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #561 on: February 17, 2009, 06:02:18 AM »

Wow...I have just spend 4 hours reading this thread from beginning and I am speechless...
There is an excitement of hope, human triumph and true bonding....all in one...

MMT and Mysterman thank you a million times for the detail that is included in this thread...MMT you are gifted writer and like others have said you made us experience the journey with you...

I am looking into getting LL as I am 30 years old and 5'7...I want to to be 5'10"...I have contacted the German institute for some info on femur lengthening...and cost is my biggest obstacle...

After reading your post...I am really curious about the Chinese option and I will be firing an email off to see what their responses are and how busy their schedules are in terms of surgeries and pre-op preparations...

Thanks again
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #562 on: February 17, 2009, 03:52:52 PM »

Wow...I have just spend 4 hours reading this thread from beginning and I am speechless...
There is an excitement of hope, human triumph and true bonding....all in one...

MMT and Mysterman thank you a million times for the detail that is included in this thread...MMT you are gifted writer and like others have said you made us experience the journey with you...

My pleasure, and welcome to our community!

MMT

Legz11
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #563 on: March 08, 2009, 06:06:54 PM »

i first found this site when u were about half way through your treatment, a couple of years back.  i bookmarked the site but never returned till this week.  you really are an inspiration.  well done!
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #564 on: March 08, 2009, 06:25:27 PM »

i first found this site when u were about half way through your treatment, a couple of years back.  i bookmarked the site but never returned till this week.  you really are an inspiration.  well done!

Thanks - I hope that you find catching-up with the progress since then interesting!

MMT

Chri123
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 16

« Reply #565 on: March 14, 2009, 11:27:37 PM »

Hey MMT, are the pictures of your scars pre or post having them surgically minimized, assuming you ever had them minimized?
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #566 on: March 15, 2009, 02:00:13 AM »

Hey MMT, are the pictures of your scars pre or post having them surgically minimized, assuming you ever had them minimized?

I never had them minimised - scars are of no concern to me.

Mermaid
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #567 on: April 03, 2009, 07:01:42 AM »

Hi MMT,

I've read your diary and I would like to ask you a few qs:

1) When did you get back your full range of motion for your ankle?

2) When did you manage to squat?

3) Is there any downtime for removal of your internal rods?

Thank you.

Mermaid
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #568 on: April 03, 2009, 07:04:31 AM »

Hi.

See my post-LL experiences in the 'Life after LL' section.

MMT

Argurios
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #569 on: April 21, 2009, 05:22:43 AM »

Hi MM. I am still in the sage of planning my limb lengthening.

I work as a police officer and I stand at around 171 cm in length. I am hoping to get seven centimetres done in femurs. Judging from other member's posts, it seems the tibia might be a better idea, so I am still deliberating on that front. 

I was planning vacation leave, and then unpaid leave for a year after the operation to get back to full recovery, and then get back to work.

I was wondering -

1) How much athletic and physical ability do you get back after 1 year (removal of frame etc)? I do a lot of kickboxing - it's hard to imagine after such a surgery that I can ever return to it  Tongue.
2) Did you ever regain 100% of your athletic ability?
3) Relating to the actual time spent during operation - does having strong quadriceps, hamstrings, and calf muscles  as well as good flexibility help with your recovery?
4) And lastly, I have a lot of upper body lean muscle mass. Is that going to negatively affect my walking during recovery? I work out a lot with weights and run frequently every week.

I appreciate the time you spend to answer these questions. I am very admiring of the people who have the strength to do this type of surgery!
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #570 on: April 21, 2009, 09:01:58 AM »

Hi MM. I am still in the sage of planning my limb lengthening.

Hi!

See my post-LL experiences in the 'Life after LL' section - you should return to 100% athletic ability, depending on how much LL you do. If you do less than 7.6cm, then there should be no problem.

Flexibility is the key, not bulk. You'll lose a lot of muscle and it will take some time to get back to your current physique, but it shouldn't impede you. People who are 'squat' and muscular sometimes have a harder time lengthening because the muscles resist stretching, but it should be fine.

Hope that helps,

MMT

Argurios
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #571 on: April 21, 2009, 04:22:22 PM »

Thanks! That helps a lot!

I'm still youngun so I am saving up and researching all the best places and different methods used. Hopefully if I can get this done by the time I am 23 I can convince everyone that it was a late growth spurt thing (still tough to imagine!)  Wink
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #572 on: April 21, 2009, 06:01:17 PM »

Thanks! That helps a lot!

I'm still youngun so I am saving up and researching all the best places and different methods used. Hopefully if I can get this done by the time I am 23 I can convince everyone that it was a late growth spurt thing (still tough to imagine!)  Wink

Good luck - once you're taller, you won't really care what people think!

MMT

JM0918
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #573 on: May 07, 2009, 05:17:45 AM »

The adventure in Beijing was nice and become complete as surgery,thanks for sharing it to me..

« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 09:55:26 AM by MMT Admin » Logged
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #574 on: May 07, 2009, 09:56:07 AM »

My pleasure!

jailair
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #575 on: July 12, 2009, 07:31:25 PM »

I'ts not necessary to say how much your diary is helping.

Well, from the fuckin Spain I would want to ask one question not answered yet.

You say you get a bow legs correction, so..

my question is: Did you pay an aditional cost for this surgery? how much???

Thanks!
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #576 on: July 12, 2009, 08:00:17 PM »

I'ts not necessary to say how much your diary is helping.

Well, from the fuckin Spain I would want to ask one question not answered yet.

You say you get a bow legs correction, so..

my question is: Did you pay an aditional cost for this surgery? how much???

Thanks!

No, bowing correction is part of the procedure where I had my treatment Smiley

jailair
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #577 on: July 13, 2009, 06:53:45 PM »

mmm....sweet Beijin! Grin
liuxialai
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #578 on: July 31, 2009, 02:06:47 PM »

Hi MMT I've read your stories and your surgery diaries. You are really a wonderful guy, a determined and a confident guy who knows what he is going to do and knows exactly how to do it. Keep working on this and hope you will only get better and better!

Actually I've heard about the surgery 9 years ago when the technology wasn't so advanced and their clinic was still very small but the thing is there's little information available at that time and it's pretty expensive for me to consider that because I was a high school student at that time.

8 years ago when I was in college I read something on the newspaper telling stories about the surgery in Dr Xia's clinic but their comments are not good and lots of critics around. But I still planed to gather more information about the surgery and hope eventually one day I can do that because I know that there's no OTHER way to be taller unless you deceive yourself. I wished you were around at that time and provide us so much useful information like today.

Now I am getting older and living outside of China but I can't bear being short any more. I can totally understand your motivation to do this surgery. I am in Australia at the moment and all the guys here seem to be taller than 177cm which makes me like a student of Grade 5.

I think your recovery diary and your tips will be particular helpful because not so many people underwent the surgery in recent years or they just don't want to share their experiences. If one can recover to normal in one year or two this surgery will definitely be worthwhile.

BTW, your stories with your stunning GFs are really attractive, I wish I can be as successful as you one day  Grin
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #579 on: July 31, 2009, 11:38:17 PM »

Thanks! I'm glad that you find my diary useful Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.