MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 01:21:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is the leading site for the discussion of Leg Lengthening on the Internet. Join now - the more you contribute, the more you will benefit from being part of our community - all are welcome.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EuroPrincess - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2012 - A Princess Arrives At The Ball  (Read 67071 times)
EuroPrincess
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 1

PLAN YOUR LL DREAMS PROPERLY!

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 08:19:03 PM »

Hi, HightTalent,thank you for the information! I probably will meet you next week hope you doing good! Smiley

Thank you Patty! I will try to write my diary with more details hope it will help other to make a right choice Smiley

Lavocadia,I never saw anybody who did LL ,but I personally know a person who's tibia naturally longer for 7 cm and I noticed it just a few weeks ago,I would never knew I just measured the person legs and it indeed was longer,I mean tibia longer than femur. And when it personal choice .I always wear 7-8 cm hills and my legs looked good Smiley

Hi,mcmc! Honestly,I don't know myself how I am going to pay .... but I think I will open bank account in China and then transfer money to that account and from that account to the hospital account..... or maybe just transfer money directly to them.Once I pay them I will let you know how exactly I did it Smiley

Ilike8cm
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 61

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 10:30:55 PM »

@Princess I am a patient here in Beijing.  You made a great decision coming here.  Currently the weather is very nice.  Similarly to mid spring in the States (Midwest and a little west).  But also, the level of service here is superb! I am referring the level of service from the maids of course.  If you have time, may I suggest you read User1455’s diary several times maybe a minimum of 5 times?

You’ll be in good hands, the guy to girl ratio here is 11:1.  You will have a big nice healthy harem.  We all have broken legs but are well capable in other areas.  I am the cutest one but I don’t like to brag about it  Grin By the way, are you single?

Regarding what to bring
-Bring 1 bottle of multivitamin (centrum or 1 a day for however many days you plan to stay here).  If you ever run out, I have plenty that you may have.  We can barter and exchange for services perhaps *wink
-protein, 1 bag is fine because the hospital does provide the first bag and I think 2 bag is sufficient
-Zinc, this will help with wound healing, cuts made by pinholes
-Vitamin C, this will help fight off infections
-Stool softeners, because you will be taking painkillers on a daily basis, and I heard that painkillers can make you constipated, stool softeners would help soften your sh!t.
-Pepto Bismol, just in case you don’t agree with food in the first few days.  For me, I was lactose intolerant and I made a bad decision by drinking milk here.
-Sleeping aids, an eye mask and comfortable earplugs (optional)
-Baggy pants, makes it easier to get dressed with big metal frames around your legs.  Some patients here have their pants altered by adding a zipper from the waist to the bottom of the pants.  Makes it even easier to get dressed.  Bring several pants of different materials such as sweat pants (fleece, wind breakers like basketball players wear during warm-ups, and maybe some fabric that is waterproof. ) Bring pants with wide leg openings.
-long sleeve shirts, bring a couple pairs of long sleeve shirts.  When you shuffle and move your arms around too much in bed, you may develop carpet burn, long sleeve shirts will help prevent this.
-short sleeve shirts with cleavage – to make the guys drool and do ANYTHING for you
-underwear, just 1 or two pairs because we all don’t wear underwear here.  Very hard to put on with frames (some ppl call underwear panties)
-don’t bring jeans –just a waste of space in your luggage.  I know from experience.   Maybe 1 pair to wear when leaving this hospital on your way back home perhaps.

There is a Walmart here as well as Tesco which is similar to walmart and is walking distance from the hospital.   There is also a Chinese Amazon where you can buy lots of things and they deliver for free (oftentimes next day delivery).  www. z. cn it is all in Chinese, but one of guys can help you out with that.

Other than that, just bring your great smile and excellent attitude! Hope to see you soon! What day and time are you arriving so I can modify my sleep schedule  :)

livin'
devon
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2012, 10:42:36 PM »

@ilike8cm, Cheesy Lol! Beautifully informative and ridiculously entertaining at the same time. Love it!
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2012, 10:48:47 PM »

What an informative and yet slightly creepy post Ilike8cm. Princess, I'm sure that all of the male patients in Beijing will be on their best behaviour and be polite gentlemen. Ahem.
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2012, 01:57:20 AM »

Bwah ha ha! Wow, this forum is getting ...interesting! LOL

171.5cm
balzakin
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 13

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2012, 03:10:52 AM »

wooo, a Beijing diary -exciting.  I wish you all the best for a safe and healthy recovery.
Kevlar
MMT Member

Credibility 0

Give me the strength to defy those who doubt me!

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2012, 03:11:41 AM »

Good Luck to you! Hope everything goes well  :)
ambitious
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2012, 01:17:10 PM »

Best thing about having a girl diary is the guys drop the best advice/tips without being asked!

Currently: 165cm (5'5")  Aspiring: 172cm-175cm (5'7. 5"-5'9")
EuroPrincess
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2012, 05:45:35 PM »

ILIKE8CM,thank you for the information! I understand that you are with broken legs and having no underwear makes it even harder, but you always can use your hands. And like Sysop said I hope you are gentlemen and won't make me feel uncomfortable.

BALZAKIN and KAVLAR, thank you!

I am married with an amazing man who loves me very much. He doesn't want me to do this surgery because he doesn't care if I am short or tall he just loves me as I am. So I am doing surgery just for myself not for attracting men.

6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

Current height 171.5cm (5'7.5")

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2012, 06:24:44 PM »

ILIKE8CM,thank you for the information! I understand that you are with broken legs and having no underwear makes it even harder, but you always can use your hands. And like Sysop said I hope you are gentlemen and won't make me feel uncomfortable.

BALZAKIN and KAVLAR, thank you!

I am married with an amazing man who loves me very much. He doesn't want me to do this surgery because he doesn't care if I am short or tall he just loves me as I am. So I am doing surgery just for myself not for attracting men.

Excellent reason Princess!! Gave you a karma nod  Grin

" Whatever you want, you shall have. Whatever you search for, you shall find ".
CLAUDIE
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2012, 12:38:15 AM »

Hi, Princess.  Have you already been in Beijing? I am coming the first week of June from England.  I may not staying with international patients because I can speak very good Mandarin. Have you ever think about renting a flat for the early stage of rehabilitation or you will be back home soon after being discharged?

By the way I didn't find the posting button, do you know how to create a new entry here?
EuroPrincess
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2012, 04:24:29 AM »

Thank you 6ftby2014 you are always so nice and supportive!

Hi,CLAUDIE!!! I will be in Beijing on late tuesday may 29th,i have never been in China before and don't speak any chines.I probably will stay in China until the end of procedure ,but I never thought of renting an apartment I dont know prices and dont know how to do it in china I am afraid will be helpless by myself. How long you are planing to stay in china?

Ilike8cm
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 61

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2012, 05:56:44 AM »

Quote from: CLAUDIE link=topic=5024. msg59650#msg59650 date=1338079095
Hi, Princess.   Have you already been in Beijing?
I am coming the first week of June from England.   I may not staying with international patients because I can speak very good Mandarin.  
Have you ever think about renting a flat for the early stage of rehabilitation or you will be back home soon after being discharged?

By the way I didn't find the posting button, do you know how to create a new entry here?

I am a current patient here in Beijing.  I plan on staying in Beijing and recover until I can somewhat walk normal.  I had my operation on May 7, plan on doing 8cm.  After getting my frames removed, I would like to get an apartment or live in a hotel; which ever method is less costly.   I am of Vietnamese descent but grew up in the States.  I know ZERO Mandarin when I arrived, but I have put time and effort into learning so that when I am discharged from the hospital, I can be self sufficient and get my own apartment/hotel, doing my own grocery shopping etc.

I cannot wait until you arrive here.  I can use a Mandarin tutor and perhaps, just a slight perhaps, we can get an apartment together.  Take some time to think about it; you will have over 4 months to get to know me.

Oh, and may I suggest you read my diary.  Very useful information for the first few days post operation.

livin'
Ilike8cm
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 61

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2012, 06:18:40 AM »

@Princess if you have any questions regarding anything, just post the question on your own and your question will be answered.  Everyone of us here are reading your diary.  Even the non-English speaking patients go to your diary just to check the pictures of your legs…I know…creepy right?? But don’t worry, there are 11 of us guy foreign patients here that will take care of you.  I am the strongest one but I don’t like to brag about it  Grin I noticed you said you are married…but are you happily married?

Regarding other things to bring that I forgot to mention before:

-bring a simple extension cord that you can buy from a dollar store.  Like this one hxxp: www. amazon. com/Pit-Bull-9Ft-Extension-Cord/dp/B0027BCTR2/ref=sr_1_9?s=lamps-light&ie=UTF8&qid=1338099057&sr=1-9 very handy because if your bed is far from the power outlet and you may not be able to charge your phone, ipad, laptop, curling iron, etc.  No problem if it is different voltage.  Ronne can give or buy a simple converter for you.  If you plan on buying this, please buy 1 for me as well.  I cannot find it on the Chinese amazon website.

-bring a wireless router if you have devices that only have a wireless connection such as iphone, ipad, androids.

-bring calcium, 1 bottle is fine.  I brought two bottles but the doctors told me to not take the calcium yet.  Anyways, bring 1 bottle

I think that is pretty much it.

livin'
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

Current height 171.5cm (5'7.5")

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2012, 06:21:45 AM »

@Princess if you have any questions regarding anything, just post the question on your own and your question will be answered.  Everyone of us here are reading your diary.  Even the non-English speaking patients go to your diary just to check the pictures of your legs…I know…creepy right?? But don’t worry, there are 11 of us guy foreign patients here that will take care of you.  I am the strongest one but I don’t like to brag about it  Grin I noticed you said you are married…but are you happily married?

Regarding other things to bring that I forgot to mention before:

-bring a simple extension cord that you can buy from a dollar store.  Like this one hxxp: www. amazon. com/Pit-Bull-9Ft-Extension-Cord/dp/B0027BCTR2/ref=sr_1_9?s=lamps-light&ie=UTF8&qid=1338099057&sr=1-9 very handy because if your bed is far from the power outlet and you may not be able to charge your phone, ipad, laptop, curling iron, etc.  No problem if it is different voltage.  Ronne can give or buy a simple converter for you.  If you plan on buying this, please buy 1 for me as well.  I cannot find it on the Chinese amazon website.

-bring a wireless router if you have devices that only have a wireless connection such as iphone, ipad, androids.

-bring calcium, 1 bottle is fine.  I brought two bottles but the doctors told me to not take the calcium yet.  Anyways, bring 1 bottle

I think that is pretty much it.

I am just curious man. How old are you?

" Whatever you want, you shall have. Whatever you search for, you shall find ".
Tall4all
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2012, 12:43:37 PM »

Ilike8cm is one funny dude.  "i am the strongest one".  Lol.  "i am the cutest one " haha .  Omg lol .  Idk if your posts are serious or joke anymore man lmao.  "happily married". . .  Lol... Ilike8cm i think you might be scarying her lol.  Smiley

@Princess.  Anyways good luck again and hope to see you before i leave. 
CLAUDIE
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2012, 01:11:43 PM »

Hallo again!

I don't the renting price either, but should be much cheaper than the hospital staying, or much better condition with the same price.

We are not allowed to leave until the second surgery putting the rod in.  But afterwards, it takes another three months to practice walking, and during that, we may either go home or stay in longer.

Have you get the surgery scheduled? I was told that it is possible to have it done on next day after admission.
Ilike8cm
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 61

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2012, 05:58:41 PM »

Quote from: CLAUDIE link=topic=5024. msg59699#msg59699 date=1338124303
Hallo again!

I don't the renting price either, but should be much cheaper than the hospital staying, or much better condition with the same price. 

We are not allowed to leave until the second surgery putting the rod in.   But afterwards, it takes another three months to practice walking, and during that, we may either go home or stay in longer. 

Have you get the surgery scheduled? I was told that it is possible to have it done on next day after admission. 

I am guessing this question is for me.  I had surgery may 7.  20 days ago.

With 24,000euros, you pay for 4 months of stay in the hospital.  After that you may leave with frames on or not.  Actually you can leave whenever you would like.  See prices here
hxxp: leg-lengthening. com/service. html and here at the bottom.  hxxp: leg-lengthening. com/More%20FAQ. pdf

The prices on this website and PDF FAQ are not the same as the contract I signed.  Everything is the same except my contract says additional month is $1,500 instead of the $1,000 stated on website. 

Local patients pay a lot less for the operation.  I heard they pay 1/3 of what internationals pay for ll.  I heard that from foreign patient.  But I spoke with two local patients who did corrections in one leg. . . one paid 10,000 another paid 14,000. . . . these are in yuan.  Just divide those by 6 and it's usd.  So I am guessing you can negotiate since they make soo much from foreigners. 

Regarding operation. . . you probably can have operation next day if you arrive Monday through Wednesday . . .  Maybe Thursday.  Because the day prior to surgery, you will need to do blood tests, X-rays, iv etc.

livin'
CLAUDIE
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2012, 07:40:10 PM »

Quote from: Ilike8cm link=topic=5024. msg59726#msg59726 date=1338141521
I am guessing this question is for me.   I had surgery may 7.   20 days ago. 

With 24,000euros, you pay for 4 months of stay in the hospital.   After that you may leave with frames on or not.   Actually you can leave whenever you would like.   See prices here
hxxp: leg-lengthening.  com/service.  html and here at the bottom.   hxxp: leg-lengthening.  com/More%20FAQ.  pdf

The prices on this website and PDF FAQ are not the same as the contract I signed.   Everything is the same except my contract says additional month is $1,500 instead of the $1,000 stated on website.  

Local patients pay a lot less for the operation.   I heard they pay 1/3 of what internationals pay for ll.   I heard that from foreign patient.   But I spoke with two local patients who did corrections in one leg.  .  .  one paid 10,000 another paid 14,000.  .  .  .  these are in yuan.   Just divide those by 6 and it's usd.   So I am guessing you can negotiate since they make soo much from foreigners.  

Regarding operation.  .  .  you probably can have operation next day if you arrive Monday through Wednesday .  .  .   Maybe Thursday.   Because the day prior to surgery, you will need to do blood tests, X-rays, iv etc. 

Hello! Nice to meet you here!
No, not that much cheaper.  For the patient who could speak local language, they pay 60,000 Chinese currency for the first operation, and another 30,000 for implanting the rod.  The rod removal costs 6,000 in addition, therefore it will be 96,000 for the operations.  Besides this, monthly hospital staying is 5,500, the counselor doctor suggests me to prepare 15,000 Chinese currency for the entire procedure of 8cm.  I am also going for 8cm, from 5'3'' to 5'6''.  I am Cantonese Chinese currently residing in England.  I would like to teach you Chinese for half price whatever you are paying your tutor now, I am happy to take his/her place on less wage.
CLAUDIE
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2012, 07:42:02 PM »

150,000 mistyping. . .
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.