MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 02:21:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from SysOp:
"Height is like money. It is insignificant only to those who have plenty of it." Tongue

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stevie - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2012: This is my time to get TALLER.  (Read 60460 times)
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2012, 02:50:03 PM »

AWESOME GAPE I mean Gap!

171.5cm
tanzir_taller
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2012, 02:13:22 PM »

Quote from: stevie link=topic=5193. msg63794#msg63794 date=1345723556
2nd X-Ray after the surgery:

I took this x-ray on Tuesday, August 21st.  That's 15 days after the surgery or 5 days of turning.

stevie it's looking like you have got the double cut. Do u?
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

Current height 171.5cm (5'7.5")

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2012, 02:49:54 PM »

No double cut.... just a large S cut.

" Whatever you want, you shall have. Whatever you search for, you shall find ".
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 02:36:23 PM »

1cm:

Yes, I am now 1 cm taller than my initial height.

First 10 days: Piece of cake. I could stand after 7 days, Walked after 8 days, Going to the toilet with only 1 chairs with help from the maid. I actually went to the bathroom myself once, but it took me over 20 mins. No pains. No Turning.... nothing special...

Day 11th: That was my first day of turning.
Doctor Han came to show me how to turn the knobs and asked me to do 4 turns per day. He actually turned for me so i could see on both legs (all 8 knobs), and asked me to turn again for him to see, so I did 1 more turn on both of my legs. I could feel there was some tightness in my right leg but nothing unbearable so i didn't say anything.

I turned again after 2 hours, and I heard a "cracking" sound from my shin bone in my right leg, and it was really hurt right there in the middle of my shin, so i thought it could be my bone have already healed so I started to turn more...

By the end of the day, I did total 7 turns.

Day 12th: There was no pain in my left leg, and my right leg still had some pain in the middle of my shin, I asked Dr Han and he said its common and have nothing to worry about. I asked some patients here and they told me they had the same thing when they first started turning. So I thought to myself... maybe i should give it 1 or 2 more days, and maybe the pain will go a way. But on the back of my mind.... I still thought my bone growth is too good and maybe they had already healed... so by the end of the day... I did total of another 7 turns.

Day 13th: 12 turns/day.
I woke up and the pain on my right leg really worried me, I really thought  my bone have already healed before i started turning, and i just broke it again when I turned the other day, so I turned the whole 7 turns at once in the morning on my right leg to, and 2 turns on my left. By the end of the day... I did 7 turns on my left leg, and 12 turns on my right leg.

Day 14th: Pain Pain Pain...
I emailed Ronne asking her to have another x-ray as soon as possible. I wanted to see what was going on with my right leg, but it was Sunday, so I need to wait to Monday to take the x-ray. I actually listen to the doctor and turn 4 turns today.

Day 15th: No More Pain...
I woke up and... no pain, nothing at all. but I don't want to risk it again, so I promised myself i will do only as dr told me.... 4 turns everyday.

Day 16th: X-rays Day
My maid wheeled me down to the x-ray room, and I actually got up to the table myself with a little help from my maid (held the wheelchair for me)
Dr Han saw the x-ray and looked at me like this O_O... then he asked me... "How many turns u turned per day?... "4" i said... Cheesy. He pointed his 2 fingers to his eyes, then pointed them to my x-ray then said...."No, u did more than 4 per day. I can see, I can see". Then he made me promise him only 4 turns per day from now on.

Day 17th: Muscle Pain on my Left Leg.
As soon as the pain on my right leg went a way, My left leg started to get some pain from its inner knee. I told Ronne and Dr Han about this, and they seem to worry more than when I told them about the pain i had in my right leg. They asked my maid to massage my knee for me. Ronne bought me this Chinese Hot Pad so i can put them on.

Day 18th to 22th: Same Pain from my inner knees ... but this time it happened to my right leg too, So both legs were "bu hao". any movements of the legs caused me pain.

Day 23th: I wanted to take a break from turning, but then I ended up turned 3 turns today.

Day 24th: I decided to take a break for 1 days to see if the pain will go away...but then Ronne came and asked me to rest for 2 days.

Day 25th: Woke up, there was no pains on my left leg. I could lift it, bend it, shake it... There still some pain on my left leg, I couldnt lift when the dr asked me today, couldnt bend it, but i could shake it. Cheesy.. .. And this is my second day since i stopped lengthening... so i went out to Ilike8cm's room, went to becomehappy's room..

I came back to my room today around 7PM... put my legs to test again .. and all of the sudden... Both legs are "hen hao" NO MORE PAIN.
oh... Today I turned 4 turns.

stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 02:43:01 PM »

stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 02:47:08 PM »

Sorry, Here is the good link.
jmnj06
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2012, 08:15:31 PM »

Hi Stevie, thanks for writing a diary

Why did you turn 12 turns a day if the Dr said only 4 per day?

Are there others doing more than 4 per day consistently without any pain or complications?
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2012, 09:19:02 PM »

Hi Stevie, thanks for writing a diary

Why did you turn 12 turns a day if the Dr said only 4 per day?

Are there others doing more than 4 per day consistently without any pain or complications?

He was having pre consolidation.

Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2012, 12:48:51 AM »

Hey Stevie, initially when you do this surgery, you can get away with lengthening larger amounts. I was wondering what your opinion is on doing about 1 mm a day for a 3 week time frame? Is that going to be a lot of pressure too quickly? I know Dr. Sarin from India advocates faster lengthening at first, accompanied by slower lengthening at a later time. BTW I'll be 22 when I get this surgery if you think that's a factor.

Thanks!

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
Ilike8cm
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 61

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2012, 03:23:01 PM »

Nice excel sheet. I'm impressed.

livin'
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2012, 06:29:10 AM »

Chef. You're Fired!!!

This is not the first time. Do not bother coming to my room again with a fake smile on your face asking me what I want for lunch, then give me something else disgusting. My dog at home wouldn't eat what the chef made me for lunch today. I feel like the chef in this hospital gives us no respect. We are not little children that you can play around with.

I've been drinking water to survive for 2 days now. This is just ridiculous, I'm not here living off of this hospital, I paid for everything, and I deserved to get what I paid for, or at least give me some respect - give me what I have ordered. If for some reasons you can't make it, can't cook, too lazy to go buy groceries, too much time cooking... then tell me, I will try to order something else.

This is what I ordered. I show him the picture of what I want from my ipad:

And this is what he gave me:

And of course I put it where it should belong:

PS: Im not a person who go around and complain about everything. I tried so f%#*ing hard to adapt to this f$@#ing stupid place, but this mother f#$*^r just like to play around with us. Not me, but all us foreigner patients here in beijing...
luffy
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 78

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2012, 06:50:00 AM »

I wonder if they have a new chef? We usually got what we ordered. But the food was not that good either. You can go to Chinese McDonalds and pizza hut website and ask the maid to order food for you. Pizza Hut have many dishes that are really good. I still have the sites bookmarked in my ipad lol

https://www.4008-517-517.cn/mdswo/

http://www.4008123123.com/phhsios/index.htm?utm_source=PHDI&utm_medium=banner&utm_content=topnavigation&utm_campaign=PHHS

The site's domain is the phone number to order. You can talk to ronnie about ordering food from outside and not eating hospital food. She can give you a discount for the monthly fee.
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2012, 12:44:47 PM »

Stevie, lately there have been a few food complaints out of Beijing. I wonder if they changed chefs or something.

171.5cm
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 04:56:11 PM »

Wow that looks like food poisoning on a plate lol

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
liuxialai
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2012, 01:02:17 PM »

Chef. You're Fired!!!

This is not the first time. Do not bother coming to my room again with a fake smile on your face asking me what I want for lunch, then give me something else disgusting. My dog at home wouldn't eat what the chef made me for lunch today. I feel like the chef in this hospital gives us no respect. We are not little children that you can play around with.

I've been drinking water to survive for 2 days now. This is just ridiculous, I'm not here living off of this hospital, I paid for everything, and I deserved to get what I paid for, or at least give me some respect - give me what I have ordered. If for some reasons you can't make it, can't cook, too lazy to go buy groceries, too much time cooking... then tell me, I will try to order something else.

This is what I ordered. I show him the picture of what I want from my ipad:

Haha I have a big laugh. Maybe you should learn some Chinese dish names and hopefully the chef would be able to understand easier.

And this is what he gave me:

And of course I put it where it should belong:

PS: Im not a person who go around and complain about everything. I tried so f%#*ing hard to adapt to this f$@#ing stupid place, but this mother f#$*^r just like to play around with us. Not me, but all us foreigner patients here in beijing...

6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2012, 03:18:45 PM »

Stevie, maybe you should overnight some really high quality multi vitamins and some calcium with vitamin D. This is one of the worst times to starve yourself of vital nutrients.

earl25
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2012, 04:56:39 PM »

I thought Princess says now they'll let u deduct buying your own food off the price
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2012, 03:59:51 AM »

2 cm:

I have reached 2cm today.

My current condition:

1. I don't have a lot of pain, just that I still have not get used to the frames around my legs yet. sometimes my legs feel very tight especially in the evening around 8-9pm.
2. Even though I do not have pain on my knees, I still can not bend my right leg. Its frustrating to keep my leg straight the whole time. I tried to work on it, massage it, but nothing works. Ronne told me to give it another week, if I still can't bend then I might have to go back to the operation room so doctors can help me bend my right leg. I would request to have Dr Peng to do that. I don't trust anyone else.
3. I was thinking about requesting to have Dr Peng as my duty doctor. I feel more comfortable with him than any other doctors.
4. The food got a lot better after my maid told Ronne i dumped my food in the trash.

Here is my chart:
Parmis
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2012, 07:59:03 PM »

Dear friend,
First congratulation for ur surgery done!
Then i have a question that it's so important for me knowing the answer.
I want to know for increasing 6 cm how long after surgery i can walk normally (i ask it for going back to university)? i mean just walking normaly no running!
I know it depends obviously on the person but tell me a min & max plz!

With best regards,
Parmis
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2012, 11:19:26 PM »

Dear friend,
First congratulation for ur surgery done!
Then i have a question that it's so important for me knowing the answer.
I want to know for increasing 6 cm how long after surgery i can walk normally (i ask it for going back to university)? i mean just walking normaly no running!
I know it depends obviously on the person but tell me a min & max plz!

With best regards,
Parmis

You will need about 6 to 7 months in total.
6 cm = 60 mm = 90 days of turning ( if you only do 4 turns everyday)
You will need another 4 months to walk normally again if theres no complications, no infections.

But then it depends on your age ( the younger the easier), gender ( its easier for female than male).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.