MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 06:10:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from MMTA:
"Leg Lengthening is hard-work and shouldn't be considered by the faint-hearted. Physical and mental strength are needed in great measure!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stevie - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2012: This is my time to get TALLER.  (Read 60497 times)
c750
n00b

Credibility 1

« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2012, 01:07:47 AM »

Congratulation Stevie. .  Nice diary and you are also my inspiration for limb lengthening.

I'm starting at 150cm and am male.  I'm looking to go to India due to the reputation and price of Dr.  Sarin. 
simple888
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2012, 01:08:32 AM »

There are several reasons for me to not go all the way to 7.5 or 8 cm.

1. I want to be able to walk home.
2. Less complications.
3. My femurs are only 6cm longer than tibias to beging with.
4. I might do another 5 or 6 cm on my femurs later on.

hey stevie thanks for the update. Were you the one who uploaded videos of your exercises on youtube?

You should be very happy you didn't go through much pain and complications, there is another person in the same hospital right now and is going through tons of pain.

Did you ever take any painkillers during your lengthening?
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2012, 04:05:41 AM »

hey stevie thanks for the update. Were you the one who uploaded videos of your exercises on youtube?

You should be very happy you didn't go through much pain and complications, there is another person in the same hospital right now and is going through tons of pain.

Did you ever take any painkillers during your lengthening?
It wasn't me in the video, and i have not uploaded any video while i'm in China.

I took about 2 to 3 tramadols/week while lengthening when needed. However, you shouldnt have any pain at all if you keep doing 4 turns/day.
I dont know anybody in this hospital going through that much pain like you said. I dont think anyone would check himself into a hotel for the weekend just to get a full body massage for pleasure if he has pain...

Lucero02
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2012, 06:26:04 AM »

Funny, I mistakenly thought I was posting on an India Diary, might be because we have aSteve and Stevie diaries on here. Nonetheless job well done, you'll be walking again in no time!:)
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2013, 03:48:33 AM »

Frames Removal:

Its been 6 days since I got my frames off, so far so good. I still cannot lift my legs yet even though I dont have a lot of pain, I will not rush it, I will give them time to heal a bit before putting them to work.

Here are my xrays after the rods are in.

roadwarrior
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2013, 04:22:33 AM »

Looking good! how long more will you stay in the Hospital before you head home?

Starting height:172.7 cm
Goal: 185.5 cm
A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. Lao Tzu
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2013, 04:24:34 AM »

i will stay for another 3 months.
roadwarrior
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2013, 04:35:43 AM »

Good, So i'm assuming less pain now, since you got the rods in.
Why don't you stay until the rods are out? That way you don't even have to go back to China again.

Starting height:172.7 cm
Goal: 185.5 cm
A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. Lao Tzu
knknuckles
MMT Member

Credibility 2

MAke a WISH

« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2013, 05:27:57 AM »

lucky, I the xrays look amazing. I still have to wait until 2015 for my surgery.

thank you for posting
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2013, 04:33:05 AM »

Ahhhhh! Im going crazy...

18 days after the frames came off. No pains, no knee-bending, no ballerina foot.
However my Dr told me: do not stand yet, do not put any pressure on the legs yet, have to wait for 3 weeks before i can start standing for.... Twice perday - 1 minute each time. ...

I am going crazy just to stay in bed. Hahaha
egghead
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2013, 07:15:10 AM »

Hey Stevie,

That sounds rough.

What's the protocol there, to further the consolidation?
Ilike8cm
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 61

« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2013, 02:29:28 PM »

i will stay for another 3 months.

Daym....3 whole months! That's a long time! Thats great! You can probably run jump...maybe not tackle football but possibly 2 hand touch below the waist with no problem. That's American football for those mates outside of the states.

livin'
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2013, 11:29:44 AM »

21 days after my frames came off:

start standing
Doctor asked me to stand for 2 minutes today. However, i stood for over 30 minutes to overcome my ballerina.

walking
After standing for over 30 minutes and still feel strong, ive decided to walk a little . I ended up walked to the other side to see some friends and walked back. its about 300m total.

Hopefully i can get stronger everyday. I want to be able to walk out of here by the end of March.
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

Current height 171.5cm (5'7.5")

« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2013, 03:49:13 PM »

Awesome man. You will get stronger! Cool

" Whatever you want, you shall have. Whatever you search for, you shall find ".
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2013, 12:11:59 AM »

38 days after second operation.

Ballerina:
I still have a little ballerina in the morning when I wake up. It goes down after 5 minutes of standing. I have more ballerina on the right foot compared to my left foot.

Knee-Bending:
No more knee bending, although my right leg isnt flexible as my left leg.

Walking:
- with the supporter on and a walker: I can walk pretty well, i can walk for about 40 minutes without pain or anything.
- with the supporter on and without the walker: I tried this yesterday and it was not easy. I walked for about 10m without the walker and it looked funny, it was very difficult to balance myself. I still have some pain on both of my knees after walking without the walker, i think i wont do this again anytime soon. Maybe next week, when my legs are a little stronger.

Stair Climbing:
I climbed the stairs the other day, it wasnt easy for the first 10 steps, but it got a lot better after that. I also noticed going up is easier than going down.

-----
Anyways, i do have some pain today from all the walking I did from yesterday. Im gonna stay in bed and stay lazy for a day. Cheesy. Hopefully i could be out and about again tomorrow.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 12:29:02 AM by stevie » Logged
celine
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2013, 09:04:22 PM »

Quote from: stevie link=topic=5193. msg75259#msg75259 date=1359850319
38 days after second operation.

Ballerina:
I still have a little ballerina in the morning when I wake up.  It goes down after 5 minutes of standing.  I have more ballerina on the right foot compared to my left foot.

Knee-Bending:
No more knee bending, although my right leg isnt flexible as my left leg. 

Walking:
- with the supporter on and a walker: I can walk pretty well, i can walk for about 40 minutes without pain or anything. 
- with the supporter on and without the walker: I tried this yesterday and it was not easy.  I walked for about 10m without the walker and it looked funny, it was very difficult to balance myself.  I still have some pain on both of my knees after walking without the walker, i think i wont do this again anytime soon.  Maybe next week, when my legs are a little stronger.

Stair Climbing:
I climbed the stairs the other day, it wasnt easy for the first 10 steps, but it got a lot better after that.  I also noticed going up is easier than going down.
Anyways, i do have some pain today from all the walking I did from yesterday.  Im gonna stay in bed and stay lazy for a day.  :D.  Hopefully i could be out and about again tomorrow. 

Hi Stevie,

Nice diaries! I have been reading your diaries.  Hope you will be recover soon. 
May i ask you a question? Is Dr.  xia retired now? So he does not do the LL anymore? I am planning to do the LL, but do not consult with them yet.  I am in beijing now.  I saw that you will stay here another three months, that's cool.  Maybe one day i can stop by to visit you and ask you some experience lol  Wink Wink  (If this is possible :P)

Celine

Victory and tear, that is life!
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2013, 03:32:23 AM »

Hi Stevie,

Nice diaries! I have been reading your diaries.  Hope you will be recover soon. 
May i ask you a question? Is Dr.  xia retired now? So he does not do the LL anymore? I am planning to do the LL, but do not consult with them yet.  I am in beijing now.  I saw that you will stay here another three months, that's cool.  Maybe one day i can stop by to visit you and ask you some experience lol  Wink Wink  (If this is possible Tongue)

Celine

I'm not sure if Dr Xia is retired or not, but he is still coming to the hospital like once a week. Hes only do surgery upon reqest.
I will stay here til the end of March, you can stop by anytime.
celine
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2013, 02:58:14 PM »

Quote from: stevie link=topic=5193. msg75329#msg75329 date=1359948743
I'm not sure if Dr Xia is retired or not, but he is still coming to the hospital like once a week.  Hes only do surgery upon reqest.
I will stay here til the end of March, you can stop by anytime. 

That's great!

Thanks first! Maybe i will come to visit you after the Chinese New Year.  I am just scared that the staff or nurses  will not let me in.  Because one of my friend went to the hospital before, she just wanted to talk with some patients who did the LL, but somehow the nurse stopped her to talk with patients.  So when i came, i just tell them to visit friend.  :)

Hope everything is going well with you! see ya  ::)

Celine

Victory and tear, that is life!
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2013, 04:52:52 PM »

41 days after second surgery.

Standing:
I can stand as long as i like, i dont feel tired from standing anymore.

Ballerina:
I still have ballerina (very little) on my right leg. I goes down within minutes.

Walking:
I dont use the walker when i walk anymore, i push the wheelchair instead. I find it easier, and i can walk more freely pushing a wheelchair.

------
I still have trouble get up from the chair. I still need to hold on something to stand up, and it takes me few minutes to stand up straight if i dont use the walker.
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2013, 11:59:25 PM »

Stevie - Your updates are priceless. Thank you so much for sharing!

171.5cm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.